Bleach Hereafter RPG

Can't Stop Progress (Level 3 Mission)

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Jan 5, 2023 22:15:41 GMT -5

Cole began to head back to the barrier when the Demon began saying something that he couldn’t quite hear over the din of combat. There was a surge of demonic reishi and Cole’s hand exploded in pain. Sure, it had already been injured when he had acquired the shard of metal, but this was different.

Now it was not only embedded in his palm ,but it was giving him a powerful shock and trying to drag itself sideways through the side of his hand. The electricity made his muscles seize up, and his hand clenched on the steel. In a few seconds, but what seemed to Cole like an hour, there was a sharp snapping sound as the metal tore itself free in a shower of bone and tissue.

He let out a cry of pain, and it was all he could do but stagger back through his barrier, barely hearing Rekka’s comments as he collapsed next to him. Through heavy panting as his vision blurred at the edges, ”Only…reishi. The steel…spiritual. Not…physical. More…malleable.”

Not that he could pull that particular trump card now anyway. His mind was too fuzzy with the pain of his newly mangled hand to be able to manage the basic spell, much less expand it to the rest of the metal in the room.

PLAYER

Shinigami - 12th Division

Don't kill me please.

Takano Hirai Avatar

Takano Hirai

Post by Takano Hirai on Jan 8, 2023 19:06:02 GMT -5

Another day, another strange injection from a 12th Division higher up. Regardless of what Tensai said, he couldn’t help but feel like he’d be growing a second arm or exploding here soon. On the bright side, his vision had improved quite substantially. Though Tensai had made the point that it would only be temporary. Figures…

Takano glanced up at the hole Tensai had referenced, stating that they’d need a container of Chlorine to mix with water. Whether he was referring to that strange magic water or just any normal water, he did not know. Nor did he particularly care. The upstairs seemed safer than down here and it was far away from Tensai’s array of needles.

A loud crack of lightning, not too dissimilar to his own Kido, nearly blinded his newly acquired vision. Cole had been struck by the demon despite Rekka’s best efforts. Takano began his climb up through the hole, stopping momentarily to look over to Tensai.

“That new guy with the hippy hair and weird symbols just got struck, you might want to go help him. They probably won’t bother me!” Takano shouted over the rising sound of Golems striking at Tensai’s barrier. It took five minutes to find the Chlorine amongst the rubble, an eternity whilst stuck in the midst of this damnable battle. Once Tensai seemed in a good spot, Takano drew his Zanpakuto and began smacking it against the concrete hoping to grab the Officer’s attention.

“Tensai, catch!”

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Jan 30, 2023 10:14:13 GMT -5

Tensai might've been the only one who was able to witness Rekka using Shunko. Or at least as far as he was aware of at the moment. As he witnessed Rekka covered in a firey aura as he went at a speed he thought was not possible for even a Shinigami. Even from his perspective, it was hard to keep up with Rekka who was a firey blur but he could tell that what he is using seems to be a combination of both Hakuda and Kido. Meaning that it's not a result of him using Bankai or some technique exclusive to him but some sort of technique utilized by combining the two of the three forms of combat taught to Shinigami. Though his attention was then turned to see Cole in pain after a piece of metal that got in his hand was forcibly removed by Amnon's powers.

After Rekka's Shunko was finished the charging sword-wielding golems, unaware of their position being moved, swiped at the archers in front of them. This caused a chain reaction where the shocked golems prematurely fire their spirit weapon arrows at the golems in front of them. Both lines take out in the process. As Amnon's armor exploded into melting hot heated shrapnel. As the pieces fell to the ground around him in a molten mass. Using his electrokinesis he then controls the molten metal and has it meld with the group of defeated golems in front of him. Making a melting conglomerate that slowly approaches where Tensai and the others are.

As Tensai notes that Rekka seems to have spent a lot of energy after using that strange technique, most likely a risk one must have while using it. Tensai using his Shinkarasen stabs Cole's hand with the syringe to heal the wound after Takano told him about him. It was then he looked up to see that it seems that Takano has found what he was looking for. As he used Flash Step to quickly jump up and catch the chlorine and get back to the ground. He then went to the spring where and dumped the chlorine in before holding his breath and unleashing a fire-based Kido into the spring. As steam begins to envelop the room. He flash steps and grabs Takano to take him back with him to where Rekka and the other scientists are.

"Help me reinforce the barrier, that chlorine vapor is toxic to inhale!" he commanded the other scientists.

"A poisonous gas? This is your big plan? It seems I overestimated just how intelligent your Division was. Though I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were trying to just poison me and not my Golems, this mask here filters any airborne toxins."
Amnon said.

As they did that just that and the barrier surrounded them preventing any of the chlorine-filled steam to enter it. Quickly the golems start to become slower as they begin to creak. And rust is beginning to form on them quickly as they look at their bodies. As Amnon takes notice of this he finds that even his helmet and his metallic gauntlets are beginning to rust. Many of the golems begin breaking apart or locked in place with their rusted joints unable to move anymore. As the melted metal monster also begins to cool down from the water vapor in the steam and it becomes a solid rusted mass of metal.

Finally, the vapor exited the room thanks to the hole in the floor above and the roof made by Amnon earlier as it exited the building. As the barrier was then dropped as Tensai walked toward Amnon.

"It seems that in all of your time spent in Hell, you have yet to catch up with the many scientific discoveries that have taken place since your people were sealed. Long enough to not know how quickly metal could rust when exposed to chlorine in vapor form." Tensai said.

As the golems holding the Hell Gate opened, now rusted and begin to break. Amnon realized he was running on even more borrowed time. However, he was absolutely livid at the moment. As electricity forms around him. He might not have the metal in the room in his control anymore. But that's not the only element he has power over. As he flies towards Tensai and attempts to punch him with an electrified fist. Tensai of course manages to dodge the attack with ease by flash stepping behind Amnon.

At this point, Tensai had the upper hand in power and skill but with that electricity surrounding and permeating his body hitting him would be tricky. A physical blow could shock him and he is unsure just how much voltage Amnon is emanating right now. It could merely stun him for a bit or prove fatal. Nevertheless, he keeps dodging Amnon's attacks to draw the battle out long enough for the Hell Gate to begin to close and thus him to be sent back.

Tags: , ,

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Feb 2, 2023 2:51:28 GMT -5

Rekka was far too exhausted to prevent the Demon from shredding Cole's hand anew. It would take several more minutes for the fiery Reaper to be able to stand back up, much less fight. And while he definitely could have avoided blowing all his energy on that one burst of speed, the occasion called for it. 

Fortunately, his efforts had paid off with massive rewards. The realigned golems all took each other out in one huge display of ordered chaos, and the Demon Count's armor blew apart with extreme force. However, he took control of all that scrap metal, sending it in one big wave towards the defenders.

Then, Takano came in clutch with the chlorine canister, which Tensai detonated over the spring to create a vapor that rusted the metal into useless slag.

"What an absolute genius you are, Tensai Toshiaki!" Rekka managed to yell. It could be taken both ways. "Is there even any water left for you to study?"

Though Rekka seriously doubted the 12th Division officer could hear him or even cared about the off-hand remark. As it were, Tensai was locked in combat with Amnon, the Demon's electrified fists and body against the green-haired Shinigami's Ultimate Syringe of Poking Takano. Speaking of Takano...

He'd used a Kido spell to throw rocks at the last Demon they'd fought, right? So why couldn't Rekka do the same, only manually? He still had enough juice for that.

And so Rekka began pelting the Demon with rubble, each stone thrown with far greater force than an ordinary human was capable of. "Get him while he's distracted, Tensai!"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Feb 7, 2023 15:27:56 GMT -5

Huh, that was a neat trick; Cole’s hand knitted itself back together almost instantly from Tensai's ability, the pain just an echo in his memory after mere seconds. He was also no slouch in the sciences, and when he heard them yelling about chlorine, he understood what they were going for. Rusting the metal would definitely reduce the magnetism, but even with ideal situations, it would take a few minutes…unless he could speed it up.

Relying on the others to maintain the barrier, Cole made his way to the dual circles, grabbing a whirling splinter of metal in his still bloody, but healed, hand. This time he focused a bit of reishi into making a small invisible cage for the metal, and thrust out a hand and collected another cage full of the poisonous vapor.

He glanced up, making sure no attacks were coming towards him, and placed the metal in one position on the circle and the chlorine gas on the other. Like all kidō; he pictured the result he wanted as he gathered up his will and his energy. He was going to link this bit of spiritual metal to the rest of the metal in the room, then, he’d put the chlorine and metal in front of him onto the third position on the circle. There, he would speed up the chemical reaction, forcing it to propagate through the rest of the metal in the room. Much simpler than turning it into gold, or some other nonreactive metal. Natural chemical reactions, just faster than it would allow.

It happened as quickly as he had hoped, and Amnon lost most of his weapons flying around the room. Cole let out a huff and let himself slump to the ground. It was an exhausting bit of magic, that, but it had bought them the advantage they needed.

PLAYER

Shinigami - 12th Division

Don't kill me please.

Takano Hirai Avatar

Takano Hirai

Post by Takano Hirai on Feb 12, 2023 23:38:44 GMT -5

Chlorine gas, hm? An unorthodox solution to a rather difficult problem. But as Rekka had proven, fighting lacked the ability to pierce the Demon’s Golems in any meaningful manner. Thus, science came to the rescue. If only all matters could be solved so easily with science.

Takano did not jump back into the fray. Nor did he take up the arms of protecting his fellow scientists. He was not a fighter, and now there was a single target for all of the much more experienced Officers to take care of. Why he was chosen out of the lot he would not be able to tell, but he required a smoke break... Takano made himself scarce within the building he had found the Chlorine as he double timed it back towards the building. A passing scientist who inquired to where he was going was met with an exclamation that he had lost an important item within that building. He took a moment to catch his breath and light a cigarette. But as the chaotic noise of battle slowly subsided, he could finally hear himself think. And those thoughts were... Interesting.

For many years Takano had found himself a lackey to madmen and brutes. They were scientists in name alone. There were a few decent folk, of course, but even these individuals would find themselves pitted against Takano if they found out about his true goals of peace with the Hollows. He was alone in his Division. And with Gaia, his host of odd but helpful friends, and his newly built compound… Well, to be frank he had nothing left keeping him in Soul Society. What better way to escape it than “Getting lost” amidst the chaos of battle? 

Takano took a deep breath before coughing heavily, the Chlorine gas having wafted through-out the building. He’d grab his component pouch and break the belt that held it to his waist. To ensure there was a bit more evidence, he’d unsheathe his Zanpakuto half-way and slice a thumb along it, allowing it to drip over the pouch and trail off a bit in a direction he did not intend to go. He did pause for a moment, pondering whether this was the best course of action, only to be met with a sharp pain in his side. A reminder of all the "Good" Soul Society had done for him...

“Well,” He’d mutter to himself. “If they find me, I suppose I can just say I got lost.” He said with a half chuckle. As the battle turnt up a notch, and Reiryoku flared, Takano lowered his to be near unrecognizable from a common insect. He’d make his way towards a rear door, pointing a finger towards the building as he made his hasty exit.

“Hado 4: Byakurai.”

A single bolt of lightning would strike and subsequently eradicate a support beam, causing half the building to collapse on where he had left his evidence. With no further distractions, it was time to get to work.

[TAKANO EXITS]

Last Edit: Feb 12, 2023 23:49:51 GMT -5 by Takano Hirai

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Apr 20, 2023 16:23:29 GMT -5

"I don't understand?! I galvanized my suit and my Golems and yet even with that this gas caused everything to rust quickly. Even if I don't understand the science behind this it can't work that quickly, can it? Amnon thought.

He then looks toward Cole to see that he finished casting a complex Kido and then the exposed eye in his mask begins to glare angrily.

"That Shinigami must've used Kido to quicken the rusting process. Yet I could have sworn he was injured. It seems I underestimated their magical abilities. Clearly, I was focusing on the wrong targets. It seems there are more Shinigami to worry about besides the two I had data on already." Amnon realized.

As Tensai looked towards Rekka who complimented his genius and asked if there is any of the special spiritual water left for the division to study.

"There should be a few gallons that were already pumped into Soul Society. Not to mention the fact we can just filter the chlorine out of the spring if need be." Tensai said.

However, as Amnon comes closer. Tensai uses the syringe on himself. Tensai then tripped on a piece of a Golem and was caught by Amnon's grasp. He was shocked with volts of electricity emanating from the Demon. Amnon then flinches after being pelted with rocks by Rekka, as he turned angrily towards the Shinigami throwing rocks at him. Before Tensai injects his syringe into Amnon's exposed flesh near his left eye. Amnon throws Tensai to the side before he feels a sharp burning pain in his face. As green glowing veins and his eye begins going bloodshot.

"What did you do to me?!"
Amnon asked.

"My Shikai allows me to alter the biology of whoever I inject, that specific infusion acts as a virus that wracks your mind, body, and soul. This battle has already been won." Tensai said.

"But how, how did you manage to resist my electricity? The voltage I used should've knocked you unconscious or stunned you at the very least." Amnon asked.

"While electricity is harmful to all living beings, especially due to it causing the muscles the seize up, Shinigami and Souls are harder than a normal human. However, before you grabbed me I used my Shikai to turn off the pain receptors in my brain so that I couldn't feel pain anymore. I am afraid it is time for me to end it though. Bankai,"
Tensai said.

As his syringe transformed into a strange insect-like parasite that burrows into Tensai before being to cause him to go into a metamorphosis. As he transforms into a bug-like humanoid as his Reiatsu starts to envelop the room. However, in his defiance, Amnon stood even in the internal pain he was enduring. He began sending the electricity throughout his own body. And using it to begin to control his movements and force his body to move despite the pain. Tensai noticed this form of adaptation, it seems from that small knowledge of how electricity can affect the muscles he must've figured out how external electricity can mess with the electric signals sent from the brain without being told that part.

Tensai gets into a battle-ready stance. Ready to fight his cornered opponent. Who while weakened is still dangerous. As the rusted-shut Golems forcing the Hell Gate golem begin to creak. It seems that Amnon's time in the material realm of the living is coming to a close so he's going to make his remaining time count.

Tag: ,