Bleach Hereafter RPG

When in Doubt, Fight it Out

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Nov 1, 2022 16:35:08 GMT -5

"Heh. Alright then ... then get ready. I'm gonna use a little Kido, see how it reacts with yours." 

Koahou is barely done giving the warning before he's on the move, just like that! Shifting weight from his back foot to his lead foot is the only warning Cole gets apart from those words and then the Soul Reaper is rushing forward. A Two-handed grasp on his blade it's low and trailing behind him almost as if he intends to come rushing in with an upward back slash at the other taller man's defense! He does, but even as he commits to the swing, his forward foot slams into the ground and the blade goes flying up into the air! Koshou's actually let go of the pommel and the blade is basically flipping over Cole end over end and the man's momentum pivots and the man drops. Watching the motion, Cole can almost SEE the reversed leg-sweep coming until it doesn't and if he's paying attention he'll see that Koshou has right hand tucked beneath his left arm, palm open and pointed toward Cole. 

"A little technique I been workin' on! Hadokudo Two-Four! Kare-Kurai!" From his palm comes blasting out almost a raw output rather than directed bolts of static and lighting, but at close range this should be enough to reach Cole at least. Within that blast lies smaller ribbons of reishi that have sharpened into spinning garrote wires as they seek to find their way past the man's defenses and slice into his skin to try and wound him.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense
- Koshou makes an attack!
- Koshou makes an attack!

Defense

-

Status

- Koshou's Defense is increased by Alacrity!

At-Will: None - None | -0 Reishi

Bonus Action: Focus Energy - +15 Acc and Status % | -10 Reishi

Standard Action: Hado #4: Byakurai - None | -10 reishi cost

ATK: LrlVytc71d100+35 = Base Attack + Focus Energy

DMG: 2d6

Standard Action: Bakudo #2: Kare - 45% to inflict Wound (2) | -5 reishi cost

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

- Alacrity (+10 Def while above Half Max HP)

TECHNIQUES

- Bakudo #44: Sekisho

- Tsukiyubi (Thrust Fingers)

- Bakudo #7: Keikatsu

USES

- Sekisho 0/1

- Tsukiyubi 2/2

- Keikatsu 1/1

- Invigorate (E) 3/4

RELEASE

REIATSU: 17,000

HP: 54/60 | REISHI: 65/100 | DEF: 75 | DMG DIE: d6 | ACC: +20
1d100+35·2D6·1d100
Last Edit: Nov 1, 2022 16:36:19 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Nov 1, 2022 21:26:59 GMT -5

Cole frowned slightly at the other Shinigami’s attempt. Like, obviously not everyone knew his particular reputation, but come on. The Shinigami of fifth squad had a well earned reputation for kidō expertise, any practice Koshou had was likely done in secret from the judging eyes of the brute squad.

Clearly the man had actually paid attention in the academy; and had some moderate talent in the art, more Cole would have initially expected, but he still felt the man collecting energy for his twinspell before he even started his feint. It gave him time to collect his energy, focus energy into his blade, and simply disrupt the gathered reiatsu with a single precise slash of his blade.

For his own offense, Cole wasted no time in taking the spellbreaking maneuver into a series of high speed thrusts downward at the man. Once again, he hopped back after the series of thrusts, gaining distance and letting the man stand up from his flurry of stabs.

”Good effort, more than I would have expected from an eleventh squad rookie, to be honest. But one of the first lessons you gotta know is that you leave yourself pretty open if the enemy knows what kidō is coming. That probably would have worked on someone that wasn’t from my squad, though.”

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Defense:
68 Accuracy Misses
55 > 45, no status inflicted.
Cole Bandage ticks recovering 7 more HP.

Offense:
Cole Focuses Energy, Guard won't help you!
CRITICAL! 129 Accuracy for 8 damage
82 Accuracy for 6 damage
1 stack (2 rounds) of wound (5 damage per round)

Cole suppresses his reiatsu level to 20,000, edge bonuses lost.
Cole isn’t using kidō, but is getting into it; fighting is 15, focus is 15, reflexes is 15.
Base Defense is 75 vs Koshou (50 base + 15 Reflexes + 10 Alacrity)
Base Offense is +15 vs Koshou

HP is 64 (57 + 7 Bandage)
Armor is 0 (0)
Reishi is 123 (147 - 10 (FE) - 12 (Byakurai x2) - 5 (Blight) +3 (Attuned))

At-Will:
You’re Open! (At-Will Byakurai)
KK44lR9k1d100+30
2d7

Bonus Action:
Focus Energy

Standard Action:
Downward Thrusts (Byakurai)
1d100+30
2d7

Standard Action:
Feelin’ Stabby (Blight)
1d100 < 60 for 1 stack (2 rounds) of wound

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Banadge - 7 HP - 2/3

Debuffs

USES
Reiryoku Absorption - 2/3
Bakudo #44 - 0/1
Bakudo #33 - 0/2
Bakudo #7: Keikatsu - 0/1
Invigorate - 1/4
Sense - 0/3
Bandage - 1/1
At-Will Byakurai - 1/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
Rebuke - As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you.

Cleverness - You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

TECHNIQUES
BAKUDŌ #44: SEKISHO (BARRIER) - 0/1
Type: Defense - Kido Spell
Activate: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.
Duration: Until the 30 Armor is gone.
Cost: 10 Reishi
Limit: Once per battle.

BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL) - 0/1
Type: Utility - Kido Healing Spell
Activate: At-Will
Effect: As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade.
Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 5 Reishi
Limit: Once per target.

BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK) - 0/2
Type: Utility - Kido Binding Spell
Activate: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 5 Reishi.

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION - 0/3
Type: Utility
Activate: At-Will - Reactive
Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.
Cost: None
Limit: Three times per battle.

RELEASE
Absorption - Nameless Kido - SINGLE - Bashing, Cripple
Activate: Standard Action

Consume
Effect: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishi from your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies.
Limit: Four times per battle.

Condemning - Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 Reishi from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

REIATSU: 90,000 (eff. 20,000)
HP:64/75 | REISHI: 123/160| DEF:75 | DMG DIE: d7 | ACC: +15

1d100+30·2d7·1d100+30·2d7·1d100+30·2d7
Last Edit: Nov 1, 2022 21:31:35 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Nov 1, 2022 22:31:50 GMT -5

Koshou can't do much but grunt as the impact of the first attack comes barraging down at him, and he raises his hand to lift the long sleeve of his Shihakusho to help cover his face and somewhat crouch and turtle  up! The blade comes clanging against the cloth of his kimono and hakama pants and there's a gravelly chuckle coming from within that now-shielded frame. With a wicked slice, the older Shinigami  takes a backward swing, even as Cole is hopping backward trying to create that distance. "Predictable!" He calls, as he tries to catch the man mid-motion after hurriedly casting the Sekisho that's allowed him to absorb the damage from the downward thrusts. He grins more slyly which might go unseen by the other combatant, and his reishi hones the edge of his blade, extending the cut of it by perhaps an inch or so - enough to make the difference if he's lucky. Turning to see if he's managed to nick Cole or not, the Soul Reaper takes a moment to roll one shoulder as he tries to loosen up the muscles there lest they start to stiffen from the extended exercise!

"To be honest, I might've heard of you a little bit. But to tell you true? I've already managed my orders, so the rest is just gravy!" Woosh! He's out of sight, and on the move again to try and close the distance before Cole has too much a chance to set himself up for another clever move.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense

- Koshou takes an attack! (Success for 3 DMG)

- Koshou extends his attack! (Success for 2 stacks of Wound)

Defense

- Koshou uses Sekisho!

- Koshou uses Sense!

Status

- Koshou's Defense is increased by Alacrity!

- Koshou gains Armor! (30)

- Koshou absorbs 14 DMG!
- Koshou is Wounded!

At-Will: Sense - +5 ACC & DEF this turn | -0 Reishi

Bonus Action: Bakudo #44: Sekisho - 30 Armor & Status immune from ATKs | -10 Reishi

Standard Action: Basic strike - None | -0 reishi cost

ACC - 8xWmGae31d100+25

DMG - 1d6

Status Chance (00%) - None

Standard Action: Backward Slash - Wound | -5 reishi cost

{Bakudo #2: Kare}

ACC - *

DMG - *

Status Chance (45%) - 1d100

ACTIVE EFFECTS

- Koshou is Armored (16)
- Wounded (2)

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

- Alacrity (+10 Def while above Half Max HP)

TECHNIQUES

- Bakudo #44: Sekisho

- Tsukiyubi (Thrust Fingers)

- Bakudo #7: Keikatsu

USES

- Sekisho 1/1

- Tsukiyubi 2/2

- Keikatsu 1/1

- Invigorate (E) 3/4

- Bandage 0/1

- Sense 1/3

RELEASE

REIATSU: 17,000

HP: 49/60 | REISHI: 50/100 | DEF: 75 | DMG DIE: d6 | ACC: +20
1d100+25·1d6·1d100
Last Edit: Nov 1, 2022 22:35:24 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Nov 2, 2022 21:37:07 GMT -5

Cole grunted as the man opened up a small wound in his side that began spurting blood. Annoying, but it would heal up on its own quickly enough, and if it didn’t he could always heal it with more specific spells. He let out a low growl, ”Fine, you want something unpredictable? Let's do this.”

The Shinigami tossed his sword in the air in a slowly spinning circle above Koshou.  In the same instance he released the blade, his other hand swiped hand forward in a grabbing motion, disruptive reiatsu gathered around it.  It seemed the man's goal was to to rip the shield right off of him. The moment that attack finished, Cole flash stepped to his airborne sword sword, gripping the hilt and slamming it downwards on whatever was left of the man’s protective kidō.

He’d follow that up with a swift kick towards the man’s stomach, then flash stepping away as the manuver finished to put a few meters of distance between them.  The mage gave the man a smirk, ”Even though my kenjutsu needs work, I’m quite good at shunpo. It allows me to keep my distance as I bring down a target with magic. Also good for taking advantage of my longer reach.”

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Defense:
Cole uses sense! +5 Defense, +5 Offense
Cole’s defense is now 80, he dodges the basic strike!
Cole is inflicted with wounded (2 turns, 5 damage a turn)
Cole recovers 7 hp from the final turn of bandage!

Offense:
Cole uses Focus Energy! +15 Offense, attacks can’t be blocked!
75 accuracy, 6 damage
CRITICAL 131 accuracy, 16 damage
101 Accuracy, 10 damage

Cole suppresses his reiatsu level to 20,000, edge bonuses lost.
Cole isn’t using kidō, but is getting into it; fighting is 15, focus is 20, reflexes is 15.
Base Defense is 75 vs Koshou (50 base + 15 Reflexes + 10 Alacrity)
Base Offense is +15 vs Koshou

HP is 66 (57 + 7 Bandage - 5 Wound)
Armor is 0 (0)
Reishi is 98 (123 - 10 (FE) - 18 (Byakurai x3) +3 (Attuned))

At-Will:
Sense
Brick Breaker (At-Will Byakurai)
H0Qh_hGm1d100+35
2d8

Bonus Action:
Focus Energy

Standard Action:
Downward Strike (Byakurai)
1d100+35
2d8

Standard Action:
Shunpo Kick (Byakurai)
1d100+35
2d8

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs
Wound 1/2

USES
Reiryoku Absorption - 2/3
Bakudo #44 - 0/1
Bakudo #33 - 0/2
Bakudo #7: Keikatsu - 0/1
Invigorate - 1/4
Sense - 1/3
Bandage - 1/1
At-Will Byakurai - 3/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
Rebuke - As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you.

Cleverness - You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

TECHNIQUES
BAKUDŌ #44: SEKISHO (BARRIER) - 0/1
Type: Defense - Kido Spell
Activate: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.
Duration: Until the 30 Armor is gone.
Cost: 10 Reishi
Limit: Once per battle.

BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL) - 0/1
Type: Utility - Kido Healing Spell
Effect: As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade.
Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 5 Reishi
Limit: Once per target.

BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK) - 0/2
Type: Utility - Kido Binding Spell
Activate: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 5 Reishi.

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION - 0/3
Activate: At-Will - Reactive
Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.
Limit: Three times per battle.

RELEASE
Absorption - Nameless Kido - SINGLE - Bashing, Cripple
Activate: Standard Action

Consume
Effect: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishi from your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies.
Limit: Four times per battle.

Condemning - Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 Reishi from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

REIATSU: 90,000 (eff. 20,000)
HP:66/75 | REISHI: 98/160| DEF:75 | DMG DIE: d8 | ACC: +15

1d100+35·2d8·1d100+35·2d8·1d100+35·2d8
Last Edit: Nov 2, 2022 21:39:00 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Nov 3, 2022 15:49:20 GMT -5

There's a laugh from Koshou that comes even as Cole engages him in combat with one last outpouring of technique. With a flash, the older Soul Reaper's expression shifts through into something almost feral and he doesn't even try to block the blows as they come in! One after the other,  Koshou only uses his blade to defend in a perfunctory manner as he absorbs the damage on strike after another. Slowly but surely the shimmering view of reishi that seems to coat his Shihaksho like armor begins to fade and then disappear altogether under the barrage of Cole's downward strikes. The blade stabs downward, and he deflects the cutting edge somewhat with his own sword but Cole's blade cuts and bites into his shoulder and it's thrown off the mark. Slicing downward through his flesh and kimono, Hattori is taking a quick step backward which is enough to at least cushion some of the blow from the swift kick that comes next only causing him to shuffle backward a few paces instead of knocking him down or the wind out of him altogether.

"Ha! That is some impressive speed .. " he says, his breath once more coming heavily but the man seems satisfied all the same, despite the sudden rush all but pushing Koshou to his limit and seeing him lifting his Zanpakuto once more, to drop the back flat of the blade against his shoulder in a resting position. "And I've no qualms about saying you've beaten me! My goal was to force a response out of your Zanpakuto, and I got that." He grunts, the pain of those most recent blows flashing across his face for a moment as he tries to make light of his current condition. Much like Cole - Koshou's wounds begin to become infused with a soft purplish-black kind of energy that's natural to Koshou as it steams away his wounds with a subconscious kind of precision.

"I also don't mind admitting I've learned a lot from you, today, even if your Kendo is lacking. This was a good fight." The grin that comes with those last words are again almost feral and animalistic, and of all that he says - this seems to be the more sincere and serious of his compliments.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Nov 4, 2022 22:23:19 GMT -5

Cole rolled his shoulder in a slight shrug as he sheathed his zanpakuto. "You know, that was pretty solid kidō work. Most folks out of the academy would have trouble twinning a spell like you did. I worry that any nascent talents you have in that particular Shinigami art are going to wither on the vine in this squad. I'm not suggesting you run off and join fifth, but one of the more well-rounded squads might be a better fit."

He glanced at the hilt over his shoulder, "And yeah, I suppose you did. Which was the point of all this, they're considering me for a seated position, but I gotta have my shikai for that, it seems." Two words, in a not-particularly dangerous or treacherous situation. It certainly seemed like progress, but his blade was still a mystery to him. Not just to him, in truth. The asauchi had instantly bonded to him the moment he touched it, and it was immediately confiscated for analysis by 12th division. They hadn't found anything anomalous, and returned the blade to him. From then on, the voices were a constant companion in the back of his head. Their voices unintelligible, constantly changing in volume, intensity, and general feel. It was a little maddening.

Cole gave the man a slight bow and turned to leave, "If you stick with 11th, Feel free to reach out if you want some kidō practice on the down low."

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Nov 6, 2022 15:56:32 GMT -5

"Now that's an offer I'll probably take you up on, sometime when I'm not getting looked at all the time, ha!" The words come easily to the older Soul Reaper, his grin turning affable and friendly with a split moment that shifts from that serious focus on the battle just with the snap of a finger! He gives a mild grunt at the commentary, not really showing any signs of doubt about his squad placement but he does give a more quiet and serious nod at the offer.

"I'll keep that in mind" is offered a little more quietly, a little more intent. Sheathing his own sword, he gives a more distinguished nod - not quite a dismissal but since it's his lesson of a sort he seems to figure there be SOME kind of perfunctory or sense of formality to the end of the session. Looking down at himself, Koshou gives another faint chuckle or chortle and he gives a rough exhale of breath at the state of his Shihakusho.

"I think you turned this into nothing but ribbons. I should go find some clothing that isn't likely to fall off my behind! It was good to meet you, Cole. Next time, we'll hope you don't have to hold back!" One more laugh and a wave of an uplifted hand is all that's left to see from Koshou before he's turning to lead himself further into the building that houses the training mats and into Squad Eleven's territory. "Be well!"

- END.