Bleach Hereafter RPG

When in Doubt, Fight it Out

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Oct 24, 2022 19:52:56 GMT -5

”With all due respect, are you fucking serious? We’re the kidō squad; and I’m being sent to train with the brute squad why?”

The seated member of the 5th squad looked slightly amused at the outburst, but gave Cole a small shrug nonetheless, of the various officers, this one was probably the most willing to listen to the rookie Shinigami’s theories. That didn’t mean the seated Shingiami didn’t have a job to do here, ”You’re making a name for yourself Cole; you may have glided through the academy with your rapid mastery of kidō, but your zanjutsu is sloppy at best.”

Cole threw up his hands in frustration, ”Who gives a shit? Every hollow I’ve slain, every spar I’ve had, I didn’t even have to draw the damn thing. Hell, I can match most shikai with just spells.”

As if on cue, the spirit of his zanpakuto began talking in dozens of overlapping voices, meaningless crowd noises that forever lurked in the back of his head. Cole ignored it as his superior regarded him with serious eyes, ”Cole, no one is denying your talent and creativity with kidō, but you know the requirements for promotions. You have to–”

Cole sighed and interrupted his superior, clearly irritated, ”Gotta have my zanpakuto’s name. Yeah yeah. I don’t think beating it across the thick skull of some musclehead is going to help out much. But fine, what time am I supposed to be there?”

A slight smirk, ”Ten minutes from when this conversation started. Better stop complaining and hurry up.”

”Oh you sonova…”

And he started booking it to the 11th division dojo.

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Oct 25, 2022 14:39:20 GMT -5

'Where is this chump?

The thoughts come along with a sense of mild irritation as Hattori Koshou paces the mats of the training dojo here within the Division 11 barracks. The man has stripped the top half of his Shihakusho, leaving it bundled about his waist and freeing his upper torso and arms from its confines. His Zanpakuto setes on his hip, and his hand grasps at the pommel, clenching and unclenching as he tries to hold in his own annoyances at the other trainee being late. "This is what I get for opening my big mouth, I guess" Hattori mutters, the remains of a cigarette still dangling dangerously from the corner of his mouth. Eventually, the Shinigami all but storms over toward the broad siding panels that act as doors that open up to the outside Guard area within the Division 11 segment of the Seireitei. He all but kicks them open, rummaging through the rumpled bundle of the Shihakusho for a match. While he waits, he strikes the flame with his thumbnail and puffs to life the back half of that cigarette. 

"I'll give him another ten minutes. No more, no less" Hattori decides, eventually. With that the tension seems to drain out of him now that he's made his own decision about what to do. There's an easier smile that spreads across his face and splits his teeth. He takes a drag from the hand-rolled smoke and lets a slow plume of blue-tinged smoke out from his lungs to rise up into the air. 

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Oct 25, 2022 19:20:06 GMT -5

Cole slid to a halt in the 11th division courtyard, kicking up an almost cartoonish cloud of dust. One or two of the men sitting around were mad dogging him, but he supposed that made sense. Sure, it was probably enough that he was a known kidō prodigy walking into a den of people that thought the practice was for cowards. But it didn’t help that his reiatsu tended to unnerve people. He had been told his spiritual pressure was unusual; rather than being a heavy weight on the shoulders of weaker shinigami, it felt more like a vacuum than pressure. Even near stronger shinigami, he had been told it was an unpleasant feeling.

Kinda a rude thing to say, frankly.  It's not like he had any say over how his aura felt.  To the best of his knowledge there was no weird spiritual deodorant to use.

Well, he was already here, and some musclehead was probably waiting to go full barbarian on the wizard. Some of the voices of his blade seemed vaguely amused; it was getting a little better sometimes, he could get hints of emotion from the din, even if words only bubbled up as occasionally relevant. It was the whole reason he was here, right? Get practice using and connecting with his babbling blade. He gave a huff, ignored the glances and glares, and walked towards the dojo; someone was probably waiting for him already.

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Oct 25, 2022 19:35:39 GMT -5

Sure enough, as the man passes by the other members of Division Eleven the young prodigy will surely catches snippets of derogatory remarks and sneers as he hustles his way past the others toward the main training Dojo here in their Guard Barracks. The doors to the training area are already open as he slides into a halt and there stands Hattori Koshou with all the manner of a man with nowhere to be and nothing to do, and hell if he seems to care at all ..

"Oh, good! You're finally here, are you?

The voice calls out from the man standing atop the short set of steps leading into the training dojo. "Well, you're just in time you were almost out of time!" The words come out cheerful, but taking the time to stop and study the Division Eleven newbie that he'd been paired to train with, the Kido user will catch a measure of his spiritual pressure. It's like the feeling of unregulated current running through the body, or along the lines of it, unstable and only restrainable with the barest of leashes, and just as unpredictable. The man doesn't pay the other one much mind yet though already walking to turn and set himself in place along the far end of the mats.

"I wasn't told much, just that they were sending someone over! I suppose that'd be you, then." The man doesn't even look like he's all that concerned about it either way, but maybe it's just the droopy and lazy kind of expression that seems to perpetually live on his face. Or maybe it's the cigarette still trailing a thin line of smoke up past his face that dangles precariously from the corner of his mouth, half-smoked still. "I'm Hattori Koshou, it's nice t'meet ya. Don't take it personal, okay?" With that, the man's grin changes as it takes on something of a feral edge as if the coming pain and effort were all the more reason to get excited. His lead foot inches forward into a readied stance, and the hand that's been resting on the pommel of his sword since the other man's arrival almost quivers with anticipation; not quite white-knuckled in its grasp.

INIT: sDw7eeFw1d1001d100

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Oct 25, 2022 19:51:26 GMT -5

Cole waved his hand in a dismissive gesture, clearly he was not particularly happy to be here, ”Yeah, yeah. Sorry for being late.”

The unseated member of the 5th squad looked Koshou up and down, the man was a little shorter than he was, but looked like he had nearly a hundred pounds of muscle over him. His man’s attitude was confident, but why wouldn’t he be? The spar instructions he had been given practically had him fighting with both hands behind his back.

He rolled his eyes, this was going to suck, ”I’m Cole Alexander of Fifth Squad. I have been told that I'm not supposed to use kidō during our spar, and I'm to suppress my spiritual pressure to match whomever 11th division decides to throw at me.  Which I assume is you.”

The taller Shinigami drew his over-long zanpakuto across his shoulder, holding it in front of him in a defensive stance that was straight from the academy manuals. He gave the muscular man a taunting grin, ”Long story short, I am required to go easy on you.”

The strange spiritual pressure Cole exerted swelled to the level of an seated officer for a brief moment, and Koshou would feel a strange tugging sensation from his soul sleep before his opponent's spiritual pressure abated to roughly match his. "Let's just get this over with."

INIT:
9tmtqSLK1d100

1d100
Last Edit: Oct 25, 2022 19:51:44 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Oct 25, 2022 20:16:08 GMT -5

That grin met with one equally confident, Hattori can't help but nod his head in anticipation. He draws his own sword. The blade comes free and he holds it in front of him with an easy posture, the light of the lamps in the area glinting off of the yellowish tint of the metal which looks not of steel but of beaten gold or brass, perhaps. 

"I admit, I can feel your strength" Koshou calls out to the man with a nod before he takes a breath - the only indicator he provides before he's on the move. Rushing forward with a basic approach he engages with Cole letting their blades clash in a few meetings as he tests the other's overall stance and technique with his sword. "Screw that! Neither of us will learn anything if you crush me, but matching me will just be a waste too! Push me, or I'll just try to cut our your heart!" That savagery, it comes with a rise in the reiatsu of the Shinigami who strikes at him now, the energy focusing around him and along the edge of his golden blade. Like electricity, his energy and his efforts surge and push as he tries to levy two quick blows designed to try and bash quickly through the other man's defenses with purely brute strength! Once, twice, Koshou brings his blade to bear with simple but powerful strikes designed to use his own height and weight difference to bear down against the smaller man, exactly as he might expect the man to.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Moving forward, Koshou will attack Cole head on while using Focus Energy to enhance the accuracy of his two basic strikes. 

At-Will: Technique

Bonus Action: Focus Energy - +15 Accuracy to basic attacks made this round | -10 reishi cost

Standard Action: Basic Strike - None | -0 reishi cost

Acc - ykY2EHtD1d100+35
Dmg - 1d6
Status Chance (00%) -

Acc - 1d100+35

Dmg - 1d6

Status Chance (00%) -

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Prodigy

TRAITS Alacrity

TECHNIQUES

SPELLS

RELEASE

REIATSU: 17,000

HP: 60/60 | REISHI: 90/100 | DEF: 75 | DMG DIE: d6 | ACC: +20
1d100+35·1d6·1d100+35·1d6

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Oct 25, 2022 22:01:42 GMT -5

There were a few slight tings of steel on steel before the half-dressed Shinigami declared he wanted to be challenged. The mage watched idly, blade still in a defensive posture as the man focused his desire into a straightforward blunt attack. While Cole was no expert with the sword, he had still managed passing marks in his academy courses on zanjutsu. He swept his blade up to meet the first strike, easily pushing it to the side and causing the second strike to miss entirely. When their blades briefly met, that tugging sensation in his chest occurred again.

Cole awkwardly moved the blade into a more offensive stance, and gestured vaguely at it with his head, ”Hey, I’m following the rules; they want me to try and get more familiar with this stupid thing.”

A vague feeling of fury echoed through his head as he spoke poorly about his blade. That was progress, he supposed; at least he could get some predictable reactions out of the nonsensical crowd in his head. ”But come on, don’t throw that reckless strike bullshit at me.”

Cole slashed his zanpakuto up in a diagonal slash before curving it into a horizontal slash and a leap backwards to regain distance and drop back into a defensive stance. The other man might be stronger than him, but Cole had a slight reach advantage with his height and longer blade. He’d have to try something different to get through his defenses.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Defense:
Cole is hit for 6 damage!
Cole guards, increasing his DR by 10!
Cole takes no damage.

Offense:
Koshou is hit by rebuke, and suffers 6 reishi drain!
Cole attacks for 5 damage at 99 accuracy!
Cole attacks for 6 damage at 54 accuracy!

Cole suppresses his reiatsu level to 20,000, edge bonuses lost.
Cole isn’t using kidō; fighting is 10, focus is 10, reflexes is 15.
Base Defense is 70 vs Koshou (50 base + 10 Reflexes + 10 Alacrity)
Base Offense is +10 vs Koshou

HP is 75 (75)
Armor is 0 (0)
Reishi is 158 (160 + -5 (Guard) + 3 (Attuned))

At-Will:
Rebuke - Koshou loses 6 reiatsu

Bonus Action:
Guard

Standard Action:
Sweeping Slash (Strike)
rtdHUuZu1d100+10
1d6

Standard Action:
Backstep Slice (Strike)
1d100+10
1d6

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs

USES
Reiryoku Absorption - 0/3
Bakudo #44 - 0/1
Bakudo #33 - 0/2
Bakudo #7: Keikatsu - 0/1
Invigorate - 0/4
Sense - 0/3
Bandage - 0/1
At-Will Byakurai - 0/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
Rebuke - As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you.

Cleverness - You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

TECHNIQUES
BAKUDŌ #44: SEKISHO (BARRIER) - 0/1
Type: Defense - Kido Spell
Activate: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.
Duration: Until the 30 Armor is gone.
Cost: 10 Reishi
Limit: Once per battle.

BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL) - 0/1
Type: Utility - Kido Healing Spell
Activate: At-Will
Effect: As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade.
Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 5 Reishi
Limit: Once per target.

BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK) - 0/2
Type: Utility - Kido Binding Spell
Activate: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 5 Reishi.

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION - 0/3
Type: Utility
Activate: At-Will - Reactive
Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.
Cost: None
Limit: Three times per battle.

RELEASE
Absorption - Nameless Kido - SINGLE - Bashing, Cripple
Activate: Standard Action

Consume
Effect: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishi from your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies.
Limit: Four times per battle.

Condemning - Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 Reishi from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

REIATSU: 90,000 (eff. 20,000)
HP:75/75 | REISHI: 158/160| DEF:70 | DMG DIE: d6 | ACC: +10

1d100+10·1d6·1d100+10·1d6
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2022 17:38:09 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Oct 25, 2022 22:57:26 GMT -5

Hattori doesn't even try to block that first diagonal slice that comes ripping up across the front of his Shihakusho. "Ha-hah ha!" He roars out, feeling the longer blade bite into him a little bit, leaving a thin line of red across his bared chest that begins to trickle a little bit of blood. With a hiss of satisfaction, Koshou leaps backward to dodge the slice at his midsection even as Cole is taking a quick hop back himself each trying to bring a little range back into their strategy for the moment. With a soft rattle of the guard, he points the tip of his blade toward Cole's shoulder. "You sure about that?"

Just so, a thin line of blood will begin to show itself through the other man's garb even as Koshou speaks, that savage grin reaching and lighting up his eyes with a fervor that's almost unnatural. The man's Reiatsu comes pushing out in full force now, that crawling of unregulated power crackling and rippling around his sword as he re-focuses his energy surrounding just his blade. "Stupid thing?!" There's real offense in the Squad Eleven newbie when he shouts, now. With a roar of real effort, he's moving in a flash again to cross blades with the other Shinigami. That focused energy hones his sword sharp, and with a sudden shove Koshou slams his foot down onto the ground with a forward thrust that puts even MORE strength behind it. "When there's nothing left in your reserve, When you can't even STAND! What will you lean on? Who will support you, give you the leverage to make it to your feet one - more - time!

With each word comes punctuation. That first thrust forward, followed by a delay as Hattori provides a small flourish to twist and turn the hilt so that he can take a back-handed grasp using all of his force to slash the blade into Cole's defense with all the force of the reversed momentum. Each clash of metal to metal begins to fill the dojo like a rhythm. "Do you even know?"

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense

- Koshou makes a basic strike!

Defense

- Koshou takes 5 damage!

Status

- Koshou loses 6 Reishi!

- Koshou's Defense is increased by Alacrity!

At-Will: Tsukiyubi - Basic Strikes +20 Accuracy & +2 Damage Tier | -10 Reishi

Bonus Action: Focus Energy - +15 Accuracy 15% to Status chance | -10 Reishi

Acc - l|BsgeB61d100+55

Dmg - 1d8

Acc - 1d100+55

Dmg - 1d8

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

- Alacrity (+10 Def while above Half Max HP)

TECHNIQUES

- Bakudo #44: Sekisho

- Tsukiyubi (Thrust Fingers)

- Bakudo #7: Keikatsu

USES

- Sekisho 0/1

- Tsukiyubi 1/2

- Keikatsu 0/1

RELEASE

HP: 55/60 | REISHI: 64/100 | DEF: 75 | DMG DIE: d6 | ACC: +20
1d100+20+15+20·1d8·1d100+20+15+20·1d8
Last Edit: Oct 25, 2022 22:58:11 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Oct 26, 2022 19:48:06 GMT -5

Cole glanced to his shoulder, apparently the blow he thought he had blocked had more force behind it than he assumed. Well, he wouldn’t make that mistake again. Hopefully. The blows kept raining down, and while he blocked some, a few found their marks. Every time Cole’s blood splashed the floor, Koshou would feel a little bit of his energy being sapped away. He barely got his sword up in time to prevent the last hit from taking his head clean off.

The sleeve of his robe began to fall away, revealing an arm with numerous tattoos. The 11th squad brute was furious, clearly; but furiosity led to mistakes, and the man provided him an unexpected opening by being so close. He flung the fabric of his arm at the man’s face, aiming to disorient him for a moment as he brought down his own powerful two-handed strike.

He took stock of himself as he dropped back into a defensive stance, nothing too severe; hell, he could heal it up himself easy when this dumb exercise was over, irritation was clear in his voice, ”Literally the fourth spell on the list is freaking bolt of lightning. If I’m in a situation where all I’ve got left is a few feet of steel and a bunch of voices in my head yelling at me, the fight’s already over.”

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Defense:
Cole forgot he took 6 damage and takes 6 damage!
Cole takes 3 damage!
Cole takes 6 damage!

Offense:
Rebuke! Koshou loses 9 Reiatsu

Cole isn’t using kidō; fighting is 10, focus is 10, reflexes is 15.
Base Defense is 70 vs Koshou (50 base + 10 Reflexes + 10 Alacrity)
Base Offense is +10 vs Koshou

HP is 60 (75 - 6 - 6 -3)
Armor is 0 (0)
Reishi is 150 (158 - 5 (#2) - 6 (#4) + 3 (Attuned))

At-Will:
Rebuke

Bonus Action:

Standard Action:
Cloth Toss! (Bakudo #2)
9EwGx7_E1d100 > 60 for 1 turn of Stagger

Standard Action:
Heavy Blow (Byakurai)
1d100+10
2d6

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs

USES
Bakudo #44 - 0/1
Bakudo #33 - 0/2
Invigorate - 0/4
Sense - 0/3
Bandage - 0/1
At-Will Byakurai - 0/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
Rebuke - As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you.

Cleverness - You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

TECHNIQUES
Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.

Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.

RELEASE

Consume
Effect: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishi from your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies.

Condemning - Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 Reishi from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

HP:60/75 | REISHI: 150/160| DEF:70 | DMG DIE: d6 | ACC: +10

1d100·1d100+10·2d6
Last Edit: Oct 29, 2022 17:16:30 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Oct 28, 2022 17:39:20 GMT -5

Coming in close, Koshou is trying to drive home his point, the blade smashing into Cole's defenses over and over as he presses the blade away, parrying the blows as they come, as best he can. As the cloth of the man's sleeve comes whirling past his eyesight his instincts kick in and at the last instant his blade comes up to catch the heavy-handed blow that comes right behind it! The larger Shinigami grunts, the soft scrape of their blades angling against each other as their spiritual pressure collides. With a push, the both of them rush backward and create distance between them once more as they separate. 

"Voices, eh?" There's another kind of feral smirk that rushes past Hattori's lips and he nods his chin toward the other man in the moment of peace. "You just another crazy one like me, huh? Well, consider this!" With a push of his foot, he's flashing forward with a rapid pair of quick blows that aren't really meant to do anything except force Cole to keep his guard in place, and his foot secure. "You seem like a man of knowledge, is that right?" The clash and clang of steel rings out, "Well you do know what the biggest hindrance to knowledge is, don't you? A closed mind!" Again, as that second blow slides along the length of Cole's blade Koshou is hopping backward again, casually putting himself at the ready. So far, he's landed a few blows against the other man and only the blood still trickling down his chest reminds him of the blow landed against him. As he stands there, he seems to breathe in and his smirk returns as a new fluctuation in his Reishi suddenly surges with a spike of energy and he seems invigorated, fresh!

"Open your mind, and listen for the voice that belongs" Hattori suggests, his voice taking a more quiet tone. "Perhaps you may never need to rely on your Zanpakuto, but that doesn't change the fact that you're refusing to grow one half of your soul ..

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense

Defense

- Koshou blocks an attack!

Status

- Koshou loses 9 Reishi! Ooph!

- Koshou is Staggered for 1 turn!

- Koshou restores 25 Reishi with Invigorate!

At-Will: None - None | -0 Reishi

Bonus Action: Invigorate - Restores 25 Reishi | -0 Reishi

Acc - Kb_BOKnF1d100+20

Dmg - 1d6

Acc - 1d100+20

Dmg - 1d6

ACTIVE EFFECTS

- Koshou is Staggered!

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

USES

- Sekisho 0/1

- Tsukiyubi 1/2

- Keikatsu 0/1

RELEASE

HP: 55/60 | REISHI: 80/100 | DEF: 75 | DMG DIE: d6 | ACC: +20
1d100+20·1d6·1d100+20·1d6

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Oct 29, 2022 17:44:45 GMT -5

Cole couldn’t help but laugh at the man’s comments, which, unfortunately, did let the man’s blows strike him fairly squarely as his guard wasn’t where it should have been, ”That’s rich, coming from someone in the Squad that takes great pride in shunning kidō. Tell you what, next time you come over to my side of the street and we’ll use just that half of the Shinigami arts.”

The shinimagi rolled his eyes, as he continued, ”But yeah, voices, plural; I’ve heard some zanpakuto may have multiple spirits; particularly in those daisho type ones. Mine seems to have at least a hundred; even if it wasn’t gibberish, I don’t think it’d be possible to understand it.” Said voices began to rise loudly in his head, and Cole raised his voice to speak over the rancorous sounds in his mind, ”And before you ask, the inner world trick didn’t work.”

Shaking his head, he drew the blade in front of him, ”It isn’t a problem of listening, it’s a problem of it not shutting up.” The vague sense of something pulling on Koshou’s being would increase as Cole focused his energy, and the blade of Cole’s zanpakuto seemed to transform, as if it was made of multicolored static. Huh. It hadn’t done that before.

The blade still shimmering, he launched forward with spiritually enhanced speed, releasing a flurry of two-handed strikes and hoping to blow through the man's guard.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Defense:
Cole takes 4 damage!
Cole takes 6 damage!

Offense:
Rebuke! Koshu loses 10 Reishi
9 damage at 102 accuracy
6 damage at 95 accuracy
9 damage at 76 accuracy

Cole isn’t using kidō, but is getting into it; fighting is 15, focus is 15, reflexes is 15.
Base Defense is 75 vs Koshou (50 base + 15 Reflexes + 10 Alacrity)
Base Offense is +15 vs Koshou

HP is 50 (60 - 6 - 4)
Armor is 0 (0)
Reishi is 125(150 - 10 (FE) - 18 (#4 x 3) +3 (Attuned))

At-Will:
Rebuke
Static Blow (Byakurai) - Note : After Focus Energy
gsWg153x1d100+30
2d7

Bonus Action:
Focus Energy

Standard Action:
Static Blow (Byakurai)
1d100+30
2d7

Standard Action:
Static Blow (Byakurai)
1d100+30
2d7

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs

USES
Bakudo #44 - 0/1
Bakudo #33 - 0/2
Invigorate - 0/4
Sense - 0/3
Bandage - 0/1
At-Will Byakurai - 1/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED

POTENT

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

RELEASE

Consume

HP:50x/75 | REISHI: 125/160| DEF:75 | DMG DIE: d7 | ACC: +15

1d100+30·2d7·1d100+30·2d7·1d100+30·2d7
Last Edit: Oct 29, 2022 17:47:03 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Oct 29, 2022 18:14:47 GMT -5

There's a hint of satisfaction in Koshou's eyes in that flash of change from Cole's Zanpakuto. His expression remains friendly, even amongst this fever and battle frenzy as the pair of them clash at each other again, and again. As cole comes rushing at him, that static makes it harder to determine just where the edge of the man's blade is and he has to take a step back, and another, and another as the other man begins to push at his own defenses with rough strikes that glaringly show the lack of practice in Kendo and Zanjutsu.

"That's true ... Squad Eleven has a tradition. That our Zanpakuto are attack-types. Specializing in our weapons .." Koshou admits, panting heavily now as several blows have snuck through his defense! His bared chest is covered with ribboned slices that criss-cross his skin and abdomen, leave slashes through the cloth that does cover him. Blood trickles along his flesh freely and the expression on Koshou's face make it easy to determine that each panted breath heaves his chest and causes his more pain. "But I'll let you in on a secret. I take a slightly different view." Lifting a hand from the pommel of his sword, the Shinigami utters in a quiet voice "Bakudo number seven .. Keikatsu." The soft shine of his aura begins to glow about him, rising from him like steam from his body. The wounds across his flesh begin to heal and stitch themselves together until all that remains is the blood along his skin that's already beginning to dry. "I think anything that keeps us standing, and fighting a little longer ... is worth learning!"

With his eyes snapping up to catch those of Cole, that savage smile is plastered fresh on Hattori Koshou's face. Then he's on the move,  hopping swiftly to one side, changing the angle at which he attacks Cole now. Once, twice come those same two-handed blows as the larger of the two men uses those trained forms and techniques to solidify his strength into more solid attacks! "I'll let you in on another secret!" His attacks come in erratic asymmetrical rhythms that seem to pull back just when they shouldn't or suddenly surge forward with a powerful strength for no reason at all! "A zanpakuto may have more than one spirit, more than once voice. But they're always of one heart. Even I can see that there IS something to see, past all that STATIC!" The roar helps him to slam his second two-handed blow at Cole.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense

Defense

- Koshou takes 9 damage!

- Koshou takes 6 damage!

- Koshou takes 9 damage!

- Koshou Heals for 30 HP!

Status

- Koshou loses 10 Reishi! Ooph!

- Koshou is no longer staggered!

At-Will: Bakudo #7: Keikatsu - Heal 30HP | -5 Reishi

At-Will: Tsukiyubi - +20 Accuracy and +2 DMG Tier/basic strikes | -10 Reishi

Bonus Action: Invigorate - Restore 25 Reishi | -0 Reishi

Acc - 0cX8Arrn1d100+40

Dmg - 1d8

Acc - 1d100+40

Dmg - 1d8

ACTIVE EFFECTS

-

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

USES

- Sekisho 0/1

- Tsukiyubi 2/2

- Keikatsu 1/1

- Invigorate (E) 2/4

RELEASE

HP: 60/60 | REISHI: 80/100 | DEF: 75 | DMG DIE: d6 | ACC: +20

1d100+40·1d6·1d100+40·1d6
Last Edit: Oct 29, 2022 18:26:12 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Oct 30, 2022 10:05:45 GMT -5

The static continued to race along the blade, the voices in his head reaching a crescendo; he couldn’t hear Koshou’s words over the wordless screaming, but he knew basic kidō when he saw it. He scoffed, ”Do what you will, I still have my own instructions.”

He brought his rippling steel quickly, blocking the repeated strikes. No blood was drawn, yet Koshou would still feel that draining feeling as Cole blocked the attacks. A pair of understandable words suddenly bubbled up through the chaos in his head; ’Strike! Now!’

Cole reacted on instinct at the instruction, sweeping his blade out in a broad horizontal arc as he turned the roaring final blow aside. There was a faint hum of energy as the blade tore through the air, threatening to tear at flesh in the same way.

He leapt backwards again, glancing down at his blade, the static fading back into its normal steel. This would be the fourth and fifth word that he had understood from his blade, and the third time it had happened. Two different voices were understandable this time. Was that progress? This wasn’t an actually dangerous or high-stakes situation, so the fact that he was hearing real words in a situation like this seemed like a step in the right direction, right?

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Defense:
Cole takes 3 damage
Cole takes 6 damage
Cole blocks, gaining 10 DR and reducing damage to 0.

Offense:
Rebuke! Koshou loses 9 Reishi
Reiryoku Absorption! Koshou loses 6 more reishi.
Critical Hit!  114 Accuracy for 6 damage.

Cole isn’t using kidō, but is getting into it; fighting is 15, focus is 15, reflexes is 15.

HP is 50 (50)
Armor is 0 (0)
Reishi is 124 (125 - 5 (Block) - 5 (#2) +6 (Absorption) + 3 (Attuned))

At-Will:
Rebuke
Reiryoku Absorption

Bonus Action:
Block

Standard Action:
Rippling Strike (#2, Blight)
0sFD0Vr21d100 < 60 for one stack (two turns) of wound (5 damage)

Standard Action:
Rippling Strike (Strike)
1d100+15
1d7

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs

USES
Reiryoku Absorption - 2/3
Bakudo #44 - 0/1
Bakudo #33 - 0/2
Invigorate - 0/4
Sense - 0/3
Bandage - 0/1
At-Will Byakurai - 1/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED

POTENT

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

RELEASE

Consume

HP:50/75 | REISHI: 124/160| DEF:75 | DMG DIE: d7 | ACC: +15

1d100·1d7·
Last Edit: Oct 30, 2022 10:12:12 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Oct 30, 2022 17:01:12 GMT -5

There's nothing but admiration in the expression of Koshou as he leaps backward from the horizontal strike, a loud hiss escaping his teeth from the slice biting through his flesh and into his ribs with a fresh wound! "Yeah! That's the spot!" He seethes out right back at Cole, or perhaps .... the man's Zanpakuto. His grin only grows more broad, as his display lets loose his little bit of secret concerning how he uses his own Kido to sustain his Zanpakuto style of fighting. 

"It's true, battles are rarely fair. You must limit yourself more than seems reasonable, while I'm free to do as I will .. but it's only to show you. If even one of us in Squad Eleven can open their mind, see how to use both halves of our abilities to sustain OUR way of fighting. Then you can find a way to do the same." His tone and his smile are friendly, and even though he's kind of lecturing at the older and more experienced Shinigami - Koshou doesn't seem to come across with condescension. He merely speaks from a place of understanding, the man quite obviously in keen cohesion with his own sword. He nod his head, and takes a moment to catch his own breath. Cole can feel those strikes leeching that Reishi off of the other Shinigami and into himself but despite that ... the man's technique and determination are abound and his spiritual pressure still seems to be rising back toward it's natural state! 

"And to show the importance of the lesson. You could've wiped the floor with me easily, with your Kido. But fighting at an equal level, with only your Zanpakuto? How is the newest recruit of Squad Eleven thumping you so good?" His grin turns boastful, in a friendly manner and his blade lifts slowly to drops into a resting stance on his shoulder. "That was a good attack, hard to see hard to follow because of the shifting in the static. What's it called?"

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense

- Koshou takes no action!

Defense

- Koshou take 6 damage!

Status

- Koshou loses 15 Reishi from drain! Ouch!

At-Will: None - None | -0 Reishi

Bonus Action: Invigorate - Restore 25 Reishi | -0 Reishi

Standard Action: None - None | -0 reishi cost

Standard Action: None - None | -0 reishi cost

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

USES

- Sekisho 0/1

- Tsukiyubi 2/2

- Keikatsu 1/1

- Invigorate (E) 3/4

RELEASE

HP: 54/60 | REISHI: 90/100 | DEF: 75 | DMG DIE: d6 | ACC: +20

Last Edit: Oct 30, 2022 17:02:08 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Nov 1, 2022 12:10:29 GMT -5

Cole shook his head, glancing down to the now normal steel of his blad, ”That wasn’t my zanpakuto, not really; I don’t know it’s name; so no secret tricks from it. I think that was just my reishi washing over the blade; I assume you probably noticed my reiatsu isn’t exactly normal.”

He shrugged, allowing his reiatsu to briefly creep up; the sensation of pressure from his reiatsu was almost the opposite that of other Shinigami, feeling more like a vacuum than an overwhelming weight. The taller shinigami offered a small shrug, ”It was probably closer to a melee kidō spell than an actual slash. Not intentional, so it doesn’t count. I create kidō-like effects almost instinctively at this point.”

The Shinigami stretched faintly during the lull in action, ”Yeah, sometimes I just think about what I’d like to make happen and it does. Totally by accident.” Cole glanced down at the wound on his shoulder, which was beginning to rapidly heal, and gave a wolfish grin as he continued in playful tone, ”Oops, I did it again.”

The man rolled his shoulder, collecting his focus again and allowing his reiatsu to decrease to its earlier level. ”Well, with explanations out of the way, shall we get back to it?”

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Defense:
Cole uses Bandage, and Recovers 7 HP
Cole uses Invigorate, regaining 25 Reishi

Offense:

HP is 57 (50 + 7 Bandage)
Armor is 0 (0)
Reishi is 147 (124 - 5 (Bandage) - 3 (Attuned) + 25 (Invigorate))

At-Will:

Bonus Action:
Healing Magic - Bandage
Hu6sN0nQ1d12

Standard Action:
Invigorate

Standard Action:
None

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Banadge - 7 HP - 1/3

Debuffs

USES
Reiryoku Absorption - 2/3
Bakudo #44 - 0/1
Bakudo #33 - 0/2
Invigorate - 1/4
Sense - 0/3
Bandage - 1/1
At-Will Byakurai - 1/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED

POTENT

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

RELEASE

Consume

HP:57/75 | REISHI: 147/160| DEF:75 | DMG DIE: d7 | ACC: +15

1d12
Last Edit: Nov 1, 2022 12:11:58 GMT -5 by Cole