Bleach Hereafter RPG

Clueless theft (Open)

Player

Yanderes are life.

Drake Brando Avatar

Drake Brando

Post by Drake Brando on Nov 5, 2022 5:02:46 GMT -5

Drake let out a quiet yawn as his eyes slowly drifted open, pushing his body up and stretching out his arms a bit as his eyes attempted to the adjust to the sunlight beaming down on them. He was always particularly groggy whenever he woke up, and because of that it took him a bit to finally stumble out of the sleeping bag he laid on, wrapping it up and stuffing it into his backpack. Where he was? Eh, he had a hard time keeping track with all the moving around he did. It was somewhere in the UK, and that's all he really cared to remember. What he did care about right now though, was looking around the alleyway he had slept in, making sure no one was around before swinging up his leg and kicking it down a few times against the ground. As he did, a few tiny flickers of green light would appear around it.

"C'mon, just a single good one..." Drake muttered to himself, as finally a solid flash of green light appeared around his leg, launching him up into the air. He had stumbled onto this ability pretty early on after unlocking his powers, although with no formal practice or even a clue what it was, he had difficulty using it without a few failed tries. Drake landed on the side of one of the buildings surrounding the alley, sitting down and taking in the view. There was no particular reason to move up there, but Drake always started off his day trying to use that green light. It was his main tool for getting money since leaving his home, and with how suddenly he learned to use it, Drake feared it might just as suddenly one day stop working.

Luckily though, it seemed Drake had no reason to worry about such an event happening today at least. Instead, another issue presented itself as his stomach began to rumble. He was tempted to check his backpack, but the young man already knew there'd be nothing in it to help. He had run out of money a few days ago, and just yesterday he had used the last of the food he kept on him. He frowned, never a fan of what came next, but in his current position it was all he could really do. He was far too afraid of his powers hurting someone to risk sticking around people long enough to get a job, He had a system, he'd stick around in one place for about a month then move on, sometimes even sooner then a month if he saw one of those freaky masked monsters.

So, there was only one way for Drake to make any cash for food, stealing it. He'd usually wait for someone walking alone, get in close and grab their wallet, then use that strange green light to dash out of sight before they got a good look. While he attempted to justify this in his head by making sure the person at least looked well off, he always ended up feeling awful by the time the act was over. But no matter how it made him feel, a guys gotta eat. So, he leaped off the side of the roof, a few sparks of green light popping around his feet as he attempted to slow his landing before tumbling onto the ground. After he made some money, he'd probably try to get his mind off it by taking in the sights. It was one of the few nice things about living on the road, seeing all the new places. But that was for later, for now he had to focus. Drake began walking the streets, silently keeping an eye out for an easy mark as his eyes nervously twitched from person to person.
Last Edit: Nov 5, 2022 5:04:30 GMT -5 by Drake Brando

Player

Life is one hell of a stage, while death is just the final flourish

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Nov 6, 2022 17:05:16 GMT -5

The streets of the world were far different from how Milya remembered them. They hadn't been to the World of the Living in... probably a couple hundred years, they'd stopped counting after a while. But now, there were high rise buildings taller than the trees of the Forest of Menos, thousands of people bustling even in this town which they don't know the name of. Since they had regained a human-ish form, they'd longed to see the sights, the smells... the tastes.

The air was thick with the smell of potent reiatsu, though they try not to think of it too much. Can't draw too much attention after all, they are here as a tourist. Dropping down to street level, the arrancar starts to weave their way through the crowd, not touching into the various humans going about their days, regaining the sensations of how humanoids live their lives. The sensation, so unusual.

As the clouds part, sun shining through, Milya raises an arm up so the sunbeams hit their forearm, a grin on their face. "Ohh, the sun! Such a rare honour," they almost giggle with glee, "Greetings, fair mistress, you're even more beautiful than the day I lost sight of you!... Is that too dramatic?" They look around, then seem to come to a realisation. "Oh. There I go, talking to myself again."

The feeling of oddness struck them as they moved off to the side, leaning against a wall. For everywhere to be busy, yet for spirits to be unheard, unseen, unnoticed. Well... there are bound to be some dead humans or hungry hollows, or particularly dim witted soul reapers around who won't recognise Milya as a threat. And they sure are betting that they'll be more fun than the countless humans who can't hear them.

Player

Yanderes are life.

Drake Brando Avatar

Drake Brando

Post by Drake Brando on Nov 7, 2022 1:06:57 GMT -5

After walking for a while, Drake finally managed to find himself a target. A young man walking by himself, absent-mindely checking his phone. Drake began walking after the man, trying his best to avoid looking suspicious as he did, shifting his view constantly as if taking in the sights while keeping his eyes themselves trained on the man's pockets, trying to identify which might hold their wallet. It was always easier stealing from someone on their phone, partially due to them being distracted of course, but it also negated the chance of him accidentally yoinking that instead. He never felt right stealing those, you never know what sort of stuff someone might not have backed up they don't wanna lose.

Finally, Drake was able to make out the vague outline of something within the man's right pocket. It was his best bet for where the wallet might be. By now, the man was turning the corner of the street onto another one, temporarily leaving Drake's sight. He picked up the pace, stopping to peak slightly around the the corner of the building the man had walked around. All he needed now was a decent roof within weird green flash jump distance, one either high enough or with enough things he could hide behind to avoid anyone spotting his sudden landing on it. Finally, his eyes stopped on a building the man would be walking by soon, just high enough he was certain no one would notice his landing up there.

Drake breathed in and out slowly, mentally preparing himself as the man moved into place. Now was the time, he stepped forward as a flash of green light came from his foot, launching Drake by the man in an instant as he stuck his hand into their pocket, sliding out a small black wallet. As he completed this act in one swift motion, Drake took another step forward as a few green sparks of light formed, failing to move him. His eyes widened as he stomped his foot down a few more times in rapid succession, creating a few more green sparks as he did. It was at this moment something caught his eye, someone leaning against a wall one building off from the one he currently stood by. 

He wasn't sure why they caught his attention, especially while he was so focused on trying to move before he was noticed, but the stranger gave him an odd gut feeling, as if something was instinctually telling him to be careful. The reason quickly become clear as he noticed a feature so striking he couldn't help but mutter out "A-A hole?" The sight of someone with a hole in their chest was more then enough to scare Drake into finally using Bringer Light successfully, dashing high into the air right as the man began to turn, looking around confused at who just spoke. Drake landed on the roof of the nearby building, tumbling onto it as the wallet he grabbed falls nearby. Was that...a ghost? No, no those have freaky chains, not a hole. Or a mask, if that even was one... Drake thought to himself, having barely gotten any time to register the broken bits of a mask left on their face. Cautiously, he made his way to the edge of the roof to peek down and see if who he saw was still there.

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Nov 7, 2022 5:32:52 GMT -5

Actively scanning the people's faces as they went past was fun. Milya was flicking some kind of coin they found on the ground of an unknown currency, studying the passers by. The range of emotions was immense, and varied. This modern world inciting so many feelings. Holding their strange squares to their ears, talking into them whilst laughing, grumbling, pouting. Some things hadn't changed, though. In their mere ten minutes standing and observing, Milya had spotted three sliced pockets, though nowadays they pulled what looked like small leather envelopes out of them without the need for a knife. Even now, a purple haired gentleman was slinking after another man looking at his talking device, presumably beholding the magnificence that allows him to talk seemingly to himself without being viewed as some kind of witch.

The purple haired man lurched forward, pulling out the leather envelope, then... looked straight at them. Briefly, Milya does a double take. Did he see them? The distinct paper white that he turns implies, yes, yes they did. Ooh, a psychic, it's been quite some time since I've seen one of those. Exciting stuff! Then, with a couple puffs of green energy, he disappeared, upwards, flying out of sight. The gleeful smile transforms into a confused one. Something... new, not a psychic or mystic or whatever they're called nowadays. Have shinigami changed their flash step technique? No, no... they wouldn't be able to do it in their false bodies... right? Spinning around, Milya examines the environment, until the penny drops. Oh, I can sense reiatsu. Duh. They shut their eyes, breathing out slowly, and following the trail... up. They crane their neck, a pair of wary, curious eyes peeking over the edge of a roof meeting their gaze.

A grin stretches across Milya's lips. Oh, this is exciting. They concentrate, tapping their heels together as the earth vibrates under them. From foothold to foothold, Milya leaps up until they stood at the edge of the roof, behind the maybe-human. Folding their arms, the sea of questions gets parted and pushed back by a laugh, followed by, "Well, aren't you an interesting creature! What wonderful strand of fate must have gotten knotted for us to cross paths? Especially when I was so direly in need of a conversational partner." Waiting for a few moments longer, glancing them up and down. This one should be fun, though the thought crosses Milya's mind as the waft of reiatsu hits their senses again. Is this one friend, foe, or food?

Player

Yanderes are life.

Drake Brando Avatar

Drake Brando

Post by Drake Brando on Nov 7, 2022 16:15:07 GMT -5

The young Fullbringer's heart began to race as he saw the stranger looking up at him! Despite having almost a year's worth of experience encountering ghosts and Hollow, Drake had never quite gotten used to the supernatural. He barely understood it, and when he couldn't understand something his brain had a tendency to fill in the gaps with the worst possible assumptions. He swung his head away from peeking over the edge, falling onto his back as his heart began to race. He had no clue if this person was a threat or not, and that was more then enough reason for him to run. It was a cowardly way to think, he knew of course, but it was that kind thinking that's kept him alive so far.

Drake reached his hand out to pick up the wallet, rising to his feet afterwards. Right before he could turn however, he heard laughing from behind him, eliciting a slight gulping sound in response before he quickly turned around to face the stranger with with a quick "AUGH!" At that moment, he accidentally tapped into his ability out of fear, his heart letting out a particularly loud thump as a few very small cracks formed on the roof under him. As the stranger spoke, Drake's eyes shifted around towards them so fact it looked like they might roll right out of his head, trying to pin down what this stranger was. They didn't seem immediately hostile, but popping up there like that was still enough to freak him out.

It wasn't until he had a few seconds to process what they said that Drake caught onto that last bit, conversational partner, they wanted to talk. He opened his mouth, stuttering out a few noises one could possibly decipher as attempts at words, the young man's nerves causing him to speak over himself "I-I-um. Y-You-I-What-Uh." He stopped, taking a deep breath and smacking his cheeks before finally forcing out the words "A-Are you a ghost, or a mask monster?" He felt very awkward jumping straight to a question like that, but it was all he could think of.

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Nov 7, 2022 19:39:54 GMT -5

The truly thunderous rumble and crack through the building shakes Milya a little, as they keep their smile, though a little diminished, and a little more focused, keeping their eyes locked with the man's. Strange indeed, that is definitely nothing I've seen before... something to report from my little excursion out. They use their hands to steady themselves, holding them out, then observe the stammering, the shaking, the tangible fear emanating, scenting the spiritual pressure with an edge of uncertainty.

The words register, the words mask monster stick out, making the grin strengthen. Milya draws their blade, briefly twirling it before jamming it into one of the cracks caused by the strange stranger. "If you think about it technically," they say, sitting back on their longsword-like zanpakuto, "aren't hollows just regular spirits with more drive, more of a hunger for their dreams, desires?" They tip their head, flicking their hair back, examining and memorising every inch of the man's face. "But... you seem to be a little unfamiliar with my kin, despite power that you clearly harbour, nestled into that lovely little flesh suit of yours."

Looking him up and down, examining the warm clothes, they lock eyes again, leaning forwards, extending a hand. "Might I inquire as to your name, strange human? Or other creature that has managed to obtain a physical form." They tip their head, their grin easily exposing pointed canines that mirrored the far larger fangs of their mask, subtly listening out for that rhythmic thump that had caused the floor to crack so magnificently.

Player

Yanderes are life.

Drake Brando Avatar

Drake Brando

Post by Drake Brando on Nov 7, 2022 23:36:46 GMT -5

Drake couldn't help but take a step back nervously as the stranger drew their blade, keeping his eyes locked straight to it for a bit, even as they responded to his question. It didn't take a genius to follow what they said, if spirit corresponded to ghosts, then Hollow was probably their name for those freaky Masked things. Beyond that realization though, the answer was a bit too vague for his liking. Mentioning their kin, and his lack of familiarity, he was starting to lean towards assuming them to be a Masked Mon- er, Hollow. But they were so different from any he had encountered, a part of him was sure it couldn't just be that.

As Drake contemplated asking for clarification, his eyes finally moved off the sword and to the hand now held out towards him. Introductions, it'd been so long since he interacted with someone long enough to bother giving one. He nervously stretched out his hand to shake it "D-Drake. It's Drake. And uh, it's the first one, last I checked I'm just human." He thought about that for a moment, moving his hand away "Or uh, I guess strange human as you put it, probably fits better. B-But, uh, what about your name?" He still found the situation nerve wracking, but by now Drake was at least attempting to calm down a bit. This person knew more then he did and was willing to talk, he didn't wanna ruin that and accidentally let off another heartbeat attack. He was no longer as panicked, but still on edge, something made clear by his expression as he cautiously stared towards the stranger.
Last Edit: Nov 7, 2022 23:37:52 GMT -5 by Drake Brando

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Nov 8, 2022 4:19:23 GMT -5

The grin on Milya's face faltered only a little as they listen, though not from the words said. Drake genuinely didn't seem to know anything. Well, he clearly knew some things, how to talk, walk, exist, but he had no knowledge of spirits whatsoever. But he's human, and he hasn't tried to kill them, or purify them. They could only pray that they weren't his introduction to this strange new world for his sake, because they had enough self-awareness to acknowledge that they are a terrible, terrible guide. Twisting words do not a good explanation of reality make, after all, but... it wouldn't hurt to provide some context, or the option for it.

Grasping their hand around Drake's, they shake it once, and firmly. "I can't remember my original name, time does that unfortunately," they say in a tone that implies that they aren't focusing on their words too hard, "but the name I adopted is Milya. Though, if you ask my fellow arrancars, some of them seem to be under the impression that my name is 85." They pause for a long few moments as they release Drake's hand. Examining the strange human closely, leaning forwards to do so as their expression turns a tad more serious, the cogs were practically visibly whirring in their head before grinding to a halt.

"I have an idea. You seem to be at a loss as to what is going on, and I like to play." Milya takes a pause to consider their phrasing before continuing. "How about, for every question you answer of mine, I shall answer a question of yours? And, as a gesture of good will, you can go first." Their smile returns a little, though seemingly a little less crazed and attempting to look sincere, though not entirely succeeding.

Player

Yanderes are life.

Drake Brando Avatar

Drake Brando

Post by Drake Brando on Nov 8, 2022 6:23:35 GMT -5

The answer Drake received only seemed to spur on more questions in his head. Arrancar, he couldn't even begin to guess what that meant, nor the number they supposedly called Milya by. As he pondered these things, the young man would bend back just a bit in response to Milya getting closer. Another thing lingered in his mind as they began to speak again, were they really old enough to not even remember their name? It wasn't too hard to accept someone looking younger then their actual age, what with all the strange stuff he himself could do, but the idea of the person in front of him really being that much older then him was hard to accept, especially as they spoke about liking to play of all things.

Still, whenever that was true or not, the game they were offering itself sounded pretty agreeable to Drake. He attempted to match their smile with a small one of his own, shakily curling up his lips a bit "Uh, sure, that sounds fair to me. I-I'm not sure I know much worth asking about though, but I'll- I'll try my best to answer." He thought for a moment, eventually deciding to start with the last thing they name dropped "So...What's exactly is an Arrancar?" It took him a second to remember how exactly they pronounced it. Honestly, he wanted to jump straight into asking how exactly one developed a destructive heartbeat and weird green sparky jumps like him, but asking about something he already knew they'd be able to explain seemed like a better way to start this off.
Last Edit: Nov 8, 2022 6:25:14 GMT -5 by Drake Brando

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Nov 8, 2022 8:13:56 GMT -5

The smile becomes a smirk as Milya chuckles lightly. That's a good question, one which has so many different ways to phrase it after all. Do they frame arrancars like corrupted hollows, lost souls who defiled themselves to gain more power? Of course, they could give the most bare bones definition mentioning words that Drake didn't understand yet, thus giving him even more questions, even more fuel for the game. But, they do actually want to have an extended conversation with this human to try and figure out what on earth he is, along with how the Living World works nowadays.

After a good long pause, Milya finally responds. "An arrancar is... well, only a few steps removed from a human, in honesty," they say, leaning back again, "we are hollows - the titular masked monsters you spoke of before that people become after death if given the chance - who have had their masks broken and didn't die as a result. This grants us a more humanoid form, often more intelligence, and considerably more power. It does make us more shinigami-like, but thats a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Now..." They take another long pause. What do they want to know about first? Drake clearly doesn't know about shinigami things, or else he would most likely know about arrancars as well, and asking how he can crack stone with loud thumps would be a rude opening question.

A smile cracks across their lips. "Ah, I know. I've noted that the world has changed quite a bit since I was last here, and sentient. What are those... strange rectangular brick things that people carry around, look at with fascination, and talk into? They're treated with near reverence." Milya makes a gesture of how people appeared to be holding these things near their ear, then roughly makes a gesture measuring the long, narrow rectangle.

Player

Yanderes are life.

Drake Brando Avatar

Drake Brando

Post by Drake Brando on Nov 8, 2022 23:45:24 GMT -5

Hollows were once people? Drake had always assumed them to be some kind of demons, born as weird monster things that attacked people. The fact that they were instead, as far as he could tell from the explanation, corrupted ghosts almost made them creepier to him. It also raised the question of where exactly they went the few times he had been forced to fight one off. Could ghosts die? He'd add this line of thought to the list of questions currently piling in his head, letting his mind focus now on the rest of their explanation. 

His immediate thought was to ask if WarGreymon came after Arrancar on their evolution line, but Drake shot down such a nerdy joke as Milya asked their question, realizing the reference would fly over their head if they couldn't even identify cellphones. He quickly rummaged around in his right pocket, sliding out a blue phone with a few cracks on it. He pressed the power button, showing off his lock screen "This? It's called a Phone. It's uh, powered by electricity, and it let's you talk to people or send messages to them from across the world, as long as the other person also has one at least."

He takes a moment to think about how best to explain the rest of it, unlocking his phone as he does and pulling up a comic app on it "It used to just do that, but as time passed it turned into more of a multipurpose tool. It can take and send pictures, play games, and a buncha other stuff using Apps. Those are like, specific uses for the phone people create and then sell or share. This thing I just opened is an App, it let's me search and read comic books." He opens a random superhero comic on the app, flicking through a few pages to show it off.

He found himself talking a lot easier then he had before, looking a bit more relaxed too. For Drake, just directly socializing with someone was a challenge, but rambling on about something he knew about was kind of fun "They can also play music and videos, which uh, in case you don't know are kinda like moving pictures with audio. Oh! And it can access the Internet. Which is- well, kind of it's own bag of worms. Probably better left to another question." He slid the phone down, keeping it out and in his hand in case they asked about anything else involving it "Now then, for my next question. Hmm, well uh, you mentioned Shinigami, how about you explain what that is?"

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Nov 9, 2022 5:59:53 GMT -5

Milya blinked a few times as a bunch of the words in this incredibly excitable explanation whizzed past them, blinking to try and grasp the words that seemed most important, and that they understood, thought the concept of this small cell phone taking the place of face-to-face interaction, letters and the artistry of bards, both in music and in acting and in writing... who knew that power like that could be achieved with this electricity thing. Then, there was the word-soup of apps and internet, that Milya thought were certainly strange names for things, but the apps also make... pictures. That you can play, or read.

They look up to Drake, taking a good long few moments to process the whole explanation, and noting that he is indeed more at ease. So, clearly, talking about this modern world, or at least, things that he knows about is a good way to calm him down from the panicked state they drove him into before. Probably. Something definitely to take note of, in case I say anything alarming. Or ask anything alarming.

As the word shinigami exits Drake's mouth, Milya sighs, and as the sentence is finished, they let out a groan, their smile dropping for the first time as a look of dread appears, then is quickly replaced by focus. "Shinigami," they say slowly, "are... well, you may have seen them about. Human shaped, wear black robes, carry a sword not unlike this thing." They tap their foot against their sword, suddenly becoming aware of how uncomfortable the pummel was to sit on, but continuing nonetheless. "They are... complicated. But, just for you, I'll attempt to be as all-encompassing in what I know about them."

Milya itches their head, looking up to the grey-blue sky. "Shinigami... are the people who take my kind from me. They use their swords - their zanpakuto, as they are called - to supposedly purify the souls of hollows and arrancars. From what I understand, it gets rid of all the deeds we've done, the people we've become, burning it away so that the people we were before... pass on to their realm, the Soul Society." They sigh once more, and look at Drake again. "On the scale of evil, not the worst. They don't just destroy our souls, like others I could mention and curse. A part of us lives on afterwards... but it's not the same. The people we became, together... die."

They shake their head, trying to put a smile on their face. "Now, onto more cheery subject, hopefully." They flick something from their hand to Drake, that turns out to be a 5 pence piece. Then, Milya clasps their hands together, leaning forward a little again. "What is that, a shilling? And, forgive me if I ask another related question, how and why do you carry all of them in those  small leather envelopes?"
Last Edit: Nov 9, 2022 6:02:47 GMT -5 by Milya Ilanos

Player

Yanderes are life.

Drake Brando Avatar

Drake Brando

Post by Drake Brando on Nov 9, 2022 19:18:54 GMT -5

Drake gave a small frown as he saw their reaction to the question, it seemed they weren't a fan of it. This assumption was quickly confirmed as they began explaining what a Shinigami was. He wasn't quite sure what he expected, but robed guys with swords who hunted monsters definitely wasn't it. Still, they didn't sound too bad. It was at least a bit comforting to know there was something to stop those Hollow from attacking people, even if they could've stepped up their game a bit considering he'd gotten no help the few times he was attacked, but Drake decided he'd probably be better off not sharing that thought. After all, the fear he felt running from a Hollow was probably something similar to what they'd feel running from a Shinigami. He could at least get why they'd have a disdain for them.

He held up his free hand, stumbling forward as he just barely catches the coin "Huh? Oh, um...kinda?" Drake honestly had no clue what a shilling was, and just hoped it meant old timey money "It's 5 Pence. Can't really buy you much of anything, it's not a lot." He tossed it back, before putting away his phone and pulling out the wallet he snatched "As for this? It's a wallet. You hold your money in it, alongside a few other important things, like identification." He scratched the back of his head a bit "There's uh...Really not much else to it. So uh, I guess that makes it my turn again."

He slid the wallet away "Any clue what could cause a human to start seeing stuff like...well, you I guess. Hollows and all that? Even after a year of it, I'm not any closer to figuring out why. All I really know, is it came with a few weird tricks like uh...Well, that." He tapped a foot to one of the cracks on the roof "And my little hopping trick. Is there any explanation for it?"

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Nov 10, 2022 5:15:49 GMT -5

As the explanations of pence is made, Milya noted (incorrectly) that, at least nowadays, money didn't seem to matter too much, given the flippancy of the answer, and the number of coins scattered on the ground. But, more importantly for now, Drake seems to be relaxed, calm. Now would most likely be the best time to ask about how he could do the ability with the green...

Ah. He doesn't know. Wonderful. The smile on Milya's lips widens a tad, tipping their head. This is where the fun begins. "Well, I'm not the most experienced in these things," they say, spreading their arms out and standing fully, almost seeming to forget about their blade, "but I can help theorise. Humans with spiritual sight as far as I am aware often run in bloodlines, such as the quincies." Almost instinctively, they spit on the ground, away from Drake as to not be too rude. "But, I'm sure before their barbaric technology, they may have been something like you. As for that green light ability... well, it is different from my sonido, and not quite in line with what I expect to come from shinigami or quincies. Perhaps an earlier development of any one of those techniques." They shrug. "If you demonstrate it for me whilst I'm a little closer, as opposed to just watching you disappear, it could ring some bells." Their smile remains in place, folding their arms over their chest and waiting, something clearly whirring in their head. Would it be cruel to mislead him? ...Yes. Very. Does that matter? ... Well, I'll see how he reacts to my answer and request first.

Player

Yanderes are life.

Drake Brando Avatar

Drake Brando

Post by Drake Brando on Nov 10, 2022 15:49:07 GMT -5

Quincies, another name Drake would need to get defined at some point. Any more and he'd have to start keeping a list to remember them all! Actually, that's not an awful idea...Later, later. He silently though to himself, speaking up afterwards "Early development, huh? Well, uh, no clue what a Quin...Quince is, but judging from the reaction I hope it's not that." He had mistaken the last bit of the name as being part of the plural pronunciation "Well, for that reason and uh. I mean, compared to Shinigami or Hollow, it sounds kind of...b-boring."

It was mostly a joke, but now that he was calmed down Drake couldn't help but hope for something a little cooler sounding then that. "Anyways, uh. Y-Yeah, I can show it off. Might just need a few tries." He cracked back his neck a bit, breathing in slowly through his nose, then out through his mouth. It took a few stomps on the ground, but eventually a flash of green light formed under his foot, launching him up into the air. He began bouncing around a bit, using the ability whenever he was close to landing to move back up. With a closer look, it was now easier to tell that the green light would form a round sort of bounce pad under his feet, immediately disappearing after being used. For every successful ones, he'd have to flail his foot around in the air once or twice as only small sparks would form instead.

Drake swung out both his arms as he bounced, trying desperately to balance himself as he moved up and down. He had to put a lot of focus into this, trying not to launch too far up so as to avoid anyone on street level seeing him. After the 5th bounce, he'd finally use the green light one more time, launching himself down to where he stood, becoming a blur as he landed in an instant- before immediately stumbling forward a bit, almost falling from the sudden stop.