Bleach Hereafter RPG

Clueless theft (Open)

Player

Life is one hell of a stage, while death is just the final flourish

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Nov 11, 2022 9:06:15 GMT -5

A brief moment passed by Milya when they considered correcting Drake's pronunciation of the word quincy, before it occurred to them that it would be so, so much funnier, and better for tales later on for him, if he calls a quincy a quince to their faces, should he ever have the misfortune of stumbling across one of those beings. They hadn't encountered any personally, but... well, the tales of untold murder and destruction had been more than enough to leave a profound effect on them.

Observing the green flashes of energy, though, acting like tiny, hugely powered trampolines for the strange human, did not ring any bells. Shinigami's shunpo techniques are a lot like those that they use, their sonido, where they disappear for moments at a time, then reappear further away - which felt like phasing a little through different parts of reality, seamlessly. That looked neither like phasing, bar the last part, nor did it look seamless. It looked like creating little reishi pads which have... bouncing capabilites? No, that doesn't seem right. Nor does it line up with the horror stories of the quincy's hirenkyaku... hmm. This is also something to report back.

They walk over to Drake's fallen form, offering out a hand to help him get up. "So, I would venture to say that this isn't something I've seen before. Which is exciting, in its own way!" They grin, "And I can mercifully say that you are certainly not a quince." They smile a little wider at their own deception, before looking at him, "But, the technique functions differently from how mine work, and how the techniques of shinigami function. I've never been around a quince long enough to examine their technique due to their... everything, but I'm confident it doesn't work like that." They think. Probably. Eh, even if he is a quincy, he's not killed them yet.

Player

Yanderes are life.

Drake Brando Avatar

Drake Brando

Post by Drake Brando on Nov 11, 2022 20:57:56 GMT -5

Drake took the hand, pulling himself up. "E-Exciting, huh? Well um, I guess that's one way to put it..." He took a step back, disappointed by the answer. He was no closer to figuring out what was up with these abilities. Still, he at least took note of them comparing it to the three...Titles? Races? Whatever. Did they each have some kind of special movement like that? It'd explain what Sonido is at least. Of course, that only raised the question of what other weird techniques there could be out there. He wondered if anything could beat his Heart blasts on the weird scale.

"You're really starting to make these Quince things sound like bad news. Like, worse then Shinigami, the dudes that apparently hunt your kind. How do you do worse then that? Or well, oh damn, I-I guess it's not my turn, is it...I-If uh, you've got a question you can ask it first." He looked a bit embarrassed, his curiosity overtaking him for a moment there. He couldn't help himself, what sort of stuff did you have to do to get such a poor reaction. Were they dangerous? Drake would hate to encounter one without knowing that, he had enough trouble just trying to avoid encounters with Hollows! Well, feral Hollows at least, it was clear from this encounter some could be cool.

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Nov 11, 2022 21:31:08 GMT -5

Milya waves their hand, a laugh, sounding more akin to a bestial roar than a human sound, breaking free of their throat. "Oh, I'll answer yours first," they say, "what makes quincies worse is that whilst shinigami just draw the souls of hollows through to the Soul Society, getting rid of all that we've become, quincies don't give us that luxury." The venom is audible in their voice, their teeth gritting despite the smile still present. "They destroy the soul. If I were killed by a quince, my soul wouldn't be taken to the Soul Society. It would just be gone, forever, dispersed into particles and energy. Nothing is left."

Their arms tensed from such a thought, fingers getting itchy. They were starting to get hungry now, their hole feeling more evident by the second... but Drake seemed interesting. Definitely not food... but they would need food soon. Ah, an idea. Milya's smile extended further across their lips, almost unnaturally. "Now, my question, who do you consider to be most despicable on this plane? Within reason, I do have the general understanding that regimes are bad, considering I died to one, probably. I think." They study his face closely, trying to remember the features, to tell if Drake is sincere in what he was about to say. Even if he lied, they wouldn't care, but it's interesting to see what people will and will not say when given a sudden, seemingly random topic. It says a lot about a person, after all, and their interest is only growing by the moment.
Last Edit: Nov 12, 2022 8:49:21 GMT -5 by Milya Ilanos

Player

Yanderes are life.

Drake Brando Avatar

Drake Brando

Post by Drake Brando on Nov 11, 2022 23:25:43 GMT -5

Drake's face shifted to something between shock and disgust as he listened to their answer, mouth hanging open for a moment as he thought about the implications behind that. Obviously, he had thought about such an idea before, complete oblivion after death. Until the awakening of his abilities, that had been a scary thought, but it was just an inevitability. A 50 50 coin flip between there being something, and nothing. But...it almost seemed like a crueler fate now. There was no flip, life did exist after death...and these guys knew how to end that. It seemed needlessly cruel to say the least, and it made Drake worry about what happened to the few Hollow he had been forced to defeat. He could only hope the specification of Quincy killing them meant this was something unique to them, but he'd be a lot more hesitant to fight back in the future until he knew for certain.

Wait- They asked a question? That last bit really shook Drake, he only now realized they had continued speaking "O-Oh! Um. Huh, t-that's kind of...well, heavy! But I guess, a-after two questions in a row I kind of deserve a tough one huh...Um." He looked down, giving a nervous smile as he tried to compile his thoughts. He didn't wanna go too deep, but Drake didn't wanna half-ass an answer either "Heh...Uh, well I guess if I had to choose, it'd be...People who are needlessly cruel."

"I-I mean, if I could explain a bit. Obviously, there are lots of bad things people can do. But, I like to think most people can have at least some kind of reasoning behind it. Those who do something horrible, just for the sake of doing it though? No amount of empathy, just enjoying making someone else miserable? There's a big gap between bad, and unforgivable, and I think those people are sitting strictly on the latter end..."

He scratched the back of his head "Course, I could also be a bit bias in that assessment. Done my fair share of bad since awakening my abilities...Heheh, trying to point the finger at some specific group of despicable people might just be advanced coping on my end." He gave a small shrug. trying to make light of it, although it was clear he was serious about that last thought. He looked even further down for a moment, eying his chest as his mind lingered in the memory of his awakening, the first thing he thought of when he mentioned doing bad.
Last Edit: Nov 11, 2022 23:39:13 GMT -5 by Drake Brando

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Nov 12, 2022 19:37:41 GMT -5

Milya listens, and nods slowly, absorbing all that Drake was saying. A fairly thorough assessment, though they had potentially hoped that Drake would have someone in particular in mind, but observes deflection of guilt on the human's face as he explained his reasoning of bias, which was interesting. Self awareness is a good trait in a person. I, for one, am very self aware. I know that I'm absurd, and it's hilarious.

They shrug lightly, and look Drake up and down, then staring into his eyes as they smile a little more softly. "Necessity breeds many unfortunate actions," they say relatively quietly, "and it is okay to do evil if it's necessary, in my view. I, for one, need to eat, and that does involve... well, eating souls, or other hollows, though I prefer the latter. As well as a spot of revenge crimes back in the day." They shrug, trying to cling onto the mental images, focusing for a few moments, before the mental image of fire draws them back into reality.

"So!" hands clasp in front of their own face, "speaking of, if you ask one more question, I have one more for you, before I'll have to be off to find a bite. Since I won't be in the World of the Living for the most part, is there any sure-fire way of finding you? Since I have quite enjoyed our chat, and would love to continue it when I'm not ravenous." They smile, picking their sword up and very clumsily looping it back into their belt.