Bleach Hereafter RPG

Bad Boys Bad Boys

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Nov 23, 2022 18:00:24 GMT -5

Nezuel sat upon his bed, discarded clothing all around him as he focused on the pounding on his head.  Running from the hollows that had come after him hadn't worked, killing them had only worked for so long...so now he tried to stall them out.  Using his impressive skill with Bakudo kido he had created a safe haven, an almost parody of Gaia's own.  Hidden underground, it was sealed off from normal space by a heavily applied layer of barrier kido.  The reinforced walls were underground and surrounded by stone and rock but there was a singular entrance to the surface through the building.

It was at that entrance that a multitude of hollows gathered, arms, bony masks, and other odd appendages slamming against the blood red kido barrier again and again and again, each hit sending a small amount of pain through Nezuel's head as he attempted to keep cool and keep control.  They were flies, gnats, each of them weak and small and unable to break down the barrier he had put up but together over time they proved to be a nuisance.  The biggest issue they posed, besides the headaches, was the fact that he couldn't feed inside this place all alone, he was dependent on Milo or Gran to bring him food and power from outside their home...at least until he walked outside. He could leave but couldn't go too far without the kido dispelling and their home facing invasion, so he stayed and waited...until the hunger became too much.

Getting up he put on his usual attire before walking outside, the night air cold on his skin as he looked at the gathering of hollows.  There were...fewer of them than he expected, and looking around them he saw why.  No small number of them had apparently gotten hungry and tired of waiting, their claws and teeth finding their allies in their madness and need for food.  It was the natural result of their race and the survivors were stronger for it.  Yet as the arrancar drew his blade and stepped out of the barrier, he knew that none of them were strong enough to survive what would happen next.

His sword sang through the air and soon enough the pounding upon his barriers was as far as his hunger had been mere moments ago.
Last Edit: Nov 23, 2022 18:00:58 GMT -5 by nezuel

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Dec 1, 2022 10:38:52 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 13th DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

It was not too long ago that he had visited the Realm of the Living. Just a few weeks in fact, before his appointment as Captain of the 13th Division. To be honest, he no longer wished to go back here for a good long time.

The sight of unsuspecting humans only continued stinging his heart; reminding him of a cut-short romance between him and a fullbringer because he was not by her side to protect her.

Yet, he also had this urging feeling that he could not resist. He had to at least safeguard his lover’s home. True, Earth was out of his jurisdiction as protector of Soul Society. Even then, there was a weight upon his shoulders he could not dismiss.

So here he was, laying down on the stone-cold rooftop floor in a familiar city, blanketed by a sea of stars, he used to gaze at in wonder. The diamonds of light below could not be compared with the beauty of those above, yet, the shinigami seemed rather apathetic for such a view.

His gaze was blank, and almost lifeless. Far from the eyes filled with colours once.

Slowly, the clouds were moving in, covering most of the visible constellations his eyes could see.

Yet, the heaviness, the darkness creeping in, was not only caused by the immediate change in the weather. The cold air damping his cheeks somewhat carried a scent of nasty, disgusting hollows flocking somewhere nearby.

The Captain stood up with a heavy sigh. Normally, he would let the lower ranking shinigami to deal with them, then again, he was not someone who would stand idly when there are things needed to be done.

A light buzz he heard from the inside pocket of his coat. Hyakuji reached in and took out the bronze plate given by Cole to track the arrancar named Nezuel. Apparently, he was in the same direction as the pile of hollows flocking together. Thus, hitting two birds with one stone.

The shinigami drew out his katana, flashing out of sight and then reappearing within the vicinity of the mass of hollows; a strong gust of wind clearing out the tainted creatures.

The brief attack would not reveal his presence yet. As the hollows slowly de-materialise, and clouds continued to hover from the skies above, the arrancar would notice the man’s silhouette resting atop an electric post.

His long raven hair gracefully danced with the wind, as well as the overcoat. One would mistake him for a super human, if not for the reiatsu of a shinigami he was purposely giving off.

He did not say anything however. There was not even a look of intimidation, merely of observation as he waited for the ambitious arrancar’s next move.

[461]

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 2, 2022 17:26:57 GMT -5

His fight and feast, with the hollows didn't take nearly as long as he had hoped...and in a rather bad way.  While he was rather hungry the longer these fools fought him the more he could eat so when the wind took on a life of its own and ended the hollows around him he was rather...upset.  Worse still was the way they had died, the crumbling nature of hollows that died to other hollows replaced instead with the dissolving and sense of purification.  The move had been quick, it had been strong...he might be in danger.  The arm of the last hollow he'd gotten his hands on dropped to the ground as the arrancar took a step back, eyes glancing around and spotting the figure on the lamppost.

Shinigami, he could sense that,  combined with the way they had died and the quickness...strong shinigami?  Still, he'd battled more than his fare share of them so if they had hostile intentions....a flash of white around the black.  His eyes opened wide as he remembered an arena, surrounded by a multitude of arrancars and royalty..the feeling of helplessness then, before, and after.  He'd grown, certainly...but had he grown enough to fight something like that?

Doubtful.

"Good evening," he'd say with a nod to the shinigami.  He hadn't attacked yet and Nezuel wasn't dead so...something was off.  "I was just in the middle of eating...do you want a snack?" he glanced down at the arm on the ground, kicking it behind him then craning his neck inside the underground entrance behind him.  "Human food, I mean, in there." 

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Dec 7, 2022 15:05:27 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Perhaps what Cole said to him was true. If this guy was bloodthirsty like the hollows, he would have attacked the shinigami. He only let out just enough spiritual pressure to appear weak in disguised human form, but the arrancar he still found sweating cold. It seems this Nezuel had already figured out his true nature. No need to prolong his agony then.

In a swift but graceful leap, he’d lunge forth at the arrancar, his short sword still held by his left hand and was not seen drawn even after he passed by the arrancar.

There only seemed to appear a strong breeze out of nowhere, with it came along a heavy spiritual pressure if only for a moment and was cut short right after his feet touched the ground. His long raven hair followed smoothly as he landed to the arrancar’s side.

“Seems someone wanted to make you their snack,” the Captain remarked as he turned to the arrancar again.

If the arrancar would want to make sense of what happened, he’d notice an adjucha unconscious, laying at his feet, and most likely dead.

“This is the first time I’ve seen an arrancar being chased down by hollows.”

Given the hollows’ beastly nature, it was quite hard to pinpoint the reason for being hunted down. The masked arrancar he encountered a few times was the one chasing after the hollows... for whatever reason; even Rao was hunting the swapping hollow when he first met him.

Nezuel pointed to an underground lair behind him. While Hyakuji always tried to find good in people, it wouldn’t hurt to be wary of strangers in the first meeting. Who knows what was going on in this arrancar’s mind. He could probably take this guy down, but it would also be foolish to become too confident of his power. He had seen many of his comrades become arrogant of their abilities and ended up beaten harshly by their enemies. Besides, who knows what kind of trap lying in wait inside.

Hyakuji had nothing to fear, but he found it best to be careful especially while testing the waters.

“How about we eat somewhere else? There’s a ramen shop on the corner of this street. Then you can tell me more about yourself…”

“...Nezuel.”

[387]
Last Edit: Dec 7, 2022 15:05:46 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 7, 2022 21:43:47 GMT -5

Suppressing one's riatsu was certainly a useful trick when one wished to appear weaker than they were...but doing so while also being the only believable source of multiple hollow deaths in an area was something else entirely.  If this had been a human as the power seemed to be and there was such a strong being as a guard...that seemed to suggest he was in even hotter water than the stranger being that strong.

The arrancar didn't react strongly to the shinigami's ability to outpace his pesquisa, even with him paying attention now it was clear that the figure before him was a level higher than him...there was simply nothing he could do and worrying about it wouldn't hurt him.  Yet as the adjuchas lay on the ground, dead or unconscious, he turned his attention to the shinigami.  He knew his name which meant either something very bad...or something quite possibly worse.  It was one of the people that Cole had talked to him about and while it was quite odd that he knew someone this strong...well, an arrancar wanting to join soul society was certainly something worthy of attention from the top.  At the same time if he proved to not be sincere having a strong shinigami purify him was also an option as the other shinigami he knew kept trying to get him to accept.

His situation had changed since his conversation with the kido wielding shinigami. He no longer a pariah on the edges of hollow society but a criminal, his death a task on the Primero's list, somewhere that wasn't the top he assumed since he was still alive. 

The other reason this shinigami could be here could be to kill or capture him outright...no favorable terms or otherwise...and that was far more terrifying for him. Yet the shinigami hadn't moved yet and that gave him hope...yet the offer for food nearby was...somewhat suspicious.

His eyes flicked to the adjucas, trying to tell if it was dissipating yet.  "One second please, and if you've not finished that off yet please do so, I don't want to leave it at my doorstep." Where Milo or Gran might be targeted, He thought as he held up his hands to the kido around the building.  He started some intensive work on the barrier, strengthening in by quite a bit and giving it a few more days on its battery before it naturally dissipated.  Without hollows pounding on it 24/7 it should last quite a while. 

He also left a private note...in case he didn't come back.

Turning around, he nodded at the shinigami, the cool air feeling good on the sweat that was moving down his face.  "Thats fine...but if you're here to purify me, please drop the pretenses, I'd rather we be truthful to each other.  If you want to find a place to fight where there won't be any collateral, I know a place"  Unspoken was his thoughts that it wouldn't be much of a fight, he couldn't compare to this person...he'd already seen what a strength at that level was capable of.  Still, if the shinigami didn't object he would follow.
Last Edit: Dec 15, 2022 17:16:17 GMT -5 by nezuel

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Dec 15, 2022 12:17:28 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 13th DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

While Hyakuji’s offer was genuine, it seemed that the arrancar was still on edge with him. Earlier, he greeted courteously and now he was threatening the death god with a fight? This guy was definitely sending mixed signals for someone who had taken interest in joining their ranks.

Maybe it was all bluff? And he actually wanted to invade Soul Society for whatever selfish reasons…

He didn’t seem keen enough, not being able to tell when the adjucha was dead or not. However, the Captain would not react to that. The arrancar should notice by now that the hollow was thoroughly purified. None among the tainted souls comprising it remained. Not even a bit.

“...A fight?” Hyakuji scoffed.

“I am not here to fight. If I were, I would’ve taken advantage of the time while you’re dealing with the hollows. I wouldn’t have saved you from the adjucha who was about to eat you.”

The Captain turned, walking towards the ramen shop, “I just want to ask a few questions, is all…”

Recalling Cole’s and Koshou’s experiences, he took note that this arrancar might indeed be power hungry. There’s a possibility that he might attack, but that, he would leave to him.

As always, Hyakuji was not one to start a skirmish, unless it’s spar training within the grounds of Soul Society. He was hard-pressed when Diana, Valentina and Yukari asked for it, and he didn’t have any choice in those instances except to fight back.

“... Well?”

The choice is his.

[261]

OOC NOTE: If you want to battle, you are free to take the first initiative. Otherwise, we can continue this as an adventure.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 15, 2022 17:55:25 GMT -5

Nezuel was used to shinigami coming to fight him.  Countless black robed spirits coming to pierce and purify him with his sword.  Being in Hueco Mundo, a place where there were few shinigami, wasn't much better.  When one was a member of a race of cannibals it wasn't like there were many people you could talk to.  One of his loneliest times alive had been when he was an adjuchas, just a single wound from another of his kind could result in the stop of his evolution.  Should he just take the word of any random shinigami that came by to see him and knew not only where his secret base was but also his name?

The man was suspicious and the arrancar was paranoid, but you had to be paranoid to survive where he did.

Still, the words the shinigami replied with seemed true enough.  He'd killed the adjuchas, but Nezuel would have been able to defeat that foe well enough on his own given time...the gesture wasn't without merit.  "I apologize." he'd say with a small nod in the direction of the ramen shop before he started to walk.  "I've been on edge lately due to the constant hollow attacks...and my dealings with shinigami in the past haven't been what you would call...peaceful in resolution."  He had thought about bringing up the ghost of betrayal in yellow haired form...but that just might complicate things even further.  Then again, was it even a betrayal if it was never real in the first place?

"It is also unsettling since you seemed to know where I was, perhaps using the same tracking method the Queen is using?" surely he was fishing for information but if the answer was in the positive then he could tell him a little about that flop of a mission.  "Perhaps in recompense for the hostility I should pay at Ramen Ichiraku?"

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Dec 22, 2022 6:30:52 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 13th DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“That’s understandable,” Hyakuji answered in response to the arrancar’s explanation, as they continued walking towards the ramen shop. He had the same experience as the arrancar while he was still a plus. Due to his spiritual pressure, the hollows kept hunting him as a prey. It was only when a noble shinigami by the name of Kanemi Yuna, adopted him into their house that he managed to get out of this situation.

It was also the beginning of his journey in becoming a shinigami. Yuna’s offer to become stronger, in order to protect the most important people in his life seemed irresistible that time; though there was really no one except his family to which he never really felt belonged. Not that they didn’t love him, or he wasn’t cared for. He just couldn’t feel it.

“You are being tracked by your Queen?”

That was new information. The only thing he knew about the arrancar was that they were satient, and had some form of rank or leadership. How many troops or squads there are, and whether they operate systematically like the shinigami or quincy, he did not know yet. There were more pressing threats than the arrancar recently, and if this one here was actually serious in joining their ranks, he’d most likely consider it given their present situation.

At once, they turned to a corner, then greeted immediately by the ramen shop. The aroma was already filling their noses, yet it was not enough to satiate the cravings of the Japanese native.

“How I managed to track you down, is not important. I mean no harm,” the raven-haired man sat by the counter, grabbing one of the menu cards to choose his order.

“A big bowl of shoyu ramen, please.”

“No worries, it’s fine. I’m used to hostility… You’re not the first one to feel somewhat on edge around me…” Hyakuji confessed with a light chuckle; remembering the first encounters with Diana, Yukari and Valentina.

Either that, or many ladies acted rather wild around him. In fact, he had to hide or teleport most of the time to get around Soul Society. Come to think of it, only Irisa and Maria were among the few ladies who acted pretty normal whenever interacting with him. Although even the brusque Maria had fallen for his charm. At least she could still act rationally, or at least she seemed to.

“Anyway… I’ll get straight to the point. Why would you like to join us?”

[424]

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 23, 2022 18:56:16 GMT -5

The smell of ramen wasn't something he was especially used to.  As it turned out, killing hollows didn't allow him to get that much money and buying things required that sort of thing.  He didn't really want to resort to stealing food even though it would have been easy.  It wasn't so much that he was against stealing the food in the first place, but rather there were other ways to acquire food, namely hollows.  Having countless hollows after him gave him infinite food and stealing food from humans would only be for one simple thing, variety, and that he refused.

Yet he placed some money on the counter after the shinigami order, what little he'd scrounged up.  "Whatever this will get me, please." he'd say with a smile and a nod.  The waiter gave him an odd look but shrugged and took the offered money....perhaps he was supposed to pay after?  Once the human was gone and the shinigami's last question was asked, he turned fully to the man, tilting his head as he thought.

"Her Majesty," he'd say with deliberate slowness, as if using those particular words meant something.  "Has a way of tracking me, yes.  It is why those hollows were pounding on my kido barriers.  They're constantly coming after me...and I'm unable to deal with them due to personal reasons."  The truth was he could deal with the multitude of hollows that came after him...if he could use his resurrection. 

"As to why I'm joining you...should I assume you're a representative of the shinigami I talked to before?"  He looked the shinigami over, trying to determine if he was being sincere in his questioning.  What could he say without sounding suspicious, what could he tell him about his previous interactions with the shinigami.  If this was some sort of test, if he'd reveal information about the shinigami...but wasn't he being parinoid again?

"When I originally stated my desire to join the shinigami I did so for purely selfish reasons.  The simple fact that I think you were better than the hollows.  At the time I was despised by the court, but not outright hated.  The change to them wanting to kill me doesn't change the desire to, only the urgency. I know thats not the best reason, but I also find you interesting, especially your bankais...of which I've seen two."  He squinted his eyes at the man, wondering how interesting or important that might be.  "Ultimately, though, my goal is to protect the ones I care about, and I can't do that if I don't understand myself.  In becoming an arrancar I've become more like a shinigami..the use of a zanpaktou, the ability to use kido, I want to know how that is...and how it all works."

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Jan 17, 2023 11:29:49 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 13th DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

To Hyakuji’s surprise, the arrancar took out some pennies to pay for his meal; and yet, he even offered to treat the shinigami with what little was left in his pockets. Perhaps Nezuel had no idea how money works in the realm of the living? Was this his actual first interaction as a human being?

“Uh…Nezuel-san. It’s alright. Tonight’s my treat.”

“Ojii-san, please give him a big bowl of shoyu ramen too. Thank you,”

The old man bowed to the shinigami, taking note of the request for another order of the said meal.

The Captain turned to the raven-haired arrancar, listening intently as he told Hyakuji his circumstance.

Nezuel made mention of the queen again, which was something the shinigami had not heard of yet. His encounters with arrancars were pretty limited. None had this heartfelt talk with him, even the black-haired masked guy, who he met several times had not spoken to him once. Perhaps he could definitely learn more about them, understand it was possible for them to keep their sanity despite being or rather, coming from hollows… as he has heard.

Aside from the shinigami, he had only hung out with fullbringers during the first few days of his investigation on them, and even became friends with some of them. He had only been in one skirmish with a quincy, who seemed to have a distorted perspective about shinigami.

An alliance with arrancars against the demons might surely be possible, yet the rest of the Goteijusantai would also be certainly against the idea. Regardless, he was not as arrogant nor as stiff as most of them. And even though Irisa had particularly told him to look for silver eyes, it would not hurt to add some other people who would join in his crusade against the demons, surely?

Hyakuji re-focused his attention to Nezuel. The arrancar stated it was purely selfish reasons at first, aside from some form of isolation from his group, he wanted to find out more about shinigami, citing that it seemed he was more and more becoming like them as he grew stronger.

Again, an information quite new and bizarre to him. He had only known of the visored, but that was a topic he was trying to avoid for quite a while now.

“I see…”

“Honestly, I don’t know how to feel about you actually joining the shinigami. Firstly, I admit many are still hostile to different races. Only a few are beginning to warm up to them, or to the idea that every race can be allies and peace could be established between realms,” the death god said as a matter-of-factly.

“However, I am not entirely against the idea…”

At the back of his mind, Hyakuji wanted to inform the arrancar of the looming threat. Yet, there was also a slight hint of conceit welling up his heart, perhaps, as a shinigami Captain… that his race could not do anything about the invasion of demons… which had already brought significant damage both to Soul Society and the Realm of the Living.

Regardless of the thousand thoughts swimming in his head, the only thing the arrancar would notice if ever he was looking at the death god, was a stoic, almost blank expression on his face.

“You are welcome to become an ally… I think,” the Captain turned, “... though not yet as close as to living in Soul Society as of the moment… consider this as my protection to you.”

[583]

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jan 18, 2023 18:40:47 GMT -5

The arrancar nodded as the shinigami paid for his meal.  In one way it was the least he could do for disrupting his actual mealtime...on the other hand it was something of an olive branch and he was smart enough to see it as such.  "Thank you."  He'd say after the human had walked off.  During that small little interaction, between one moment and another, he had focused on the area around the two of them, curious if he was still being followed.  His pesquisa pulsed, riatsu moving and bouncing back to him...no hollows were around the two of them, so at least the waves of enemies had abated for a time.

"If we're being honest with one another," the arrancar would start, "I never really expected to join as a full member.  Of the few shinigami I've encountered, two have tried to kill me, one has a dream of coexistence, and one used me and then offered to purify me if we saw each other again...more or less." he brought a finger up to his cheek, scratching a little bit as he narrowed his eyes.  "Though I like to think that, since they had the power to kill me at that very moment and didn't it was more of an...act." He shrugged, turning at the shinigami.  "Our races have been enemies for as long as any can remember, and for good reason.  Soul Society has no to trust me and I've given then no reason to.  Even if I could live in Soul Society it wouldn't stop the Queen from sending her hollows after me, as a part of the Gotei I have no doubt seals and restrains would be used on me, such as the inability to use my resurrection."

He wasn't really sure what the shinigami knew about arrancar....might as well try some bait?

"But being an ally is fine, for now at the least.  I've made no move against Soul Society and don't plan to.  Your protection would be appreciated, and having someone unaffiliated with Soul Society might be useful...especially if I can persuade other hollows to leave the Queen's rule."  He raised an eyebrow at the shinigami, raising a finger.  "Though there are a few...requests.  Firstly, that the protection you offer extends to those that might follow me, within reason of course.  Secondly, and perhaps almost as important, I want to learn about the shinigami.  I want to know about zanpaktou, kido, bankai.  If I could join in full I'd ask to be sent to your academy but...since that isn't possible I would appreciate any help you could give in the matter."

He looked around at the humans in this place, thinking.  "Is that acceptable?"