Bleach Hereafter RPG

In The Belly of The Beast

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Nov 24, 2022 22:33:12 GMT -5

Nezuels sword sang through the air, a loud *swish* being heard as it cut through the hollow in front of him.  The large black mass that was a gillian fell to the ground, atleast 10 feet of its body falling nearby with a thud.  With a flick he cleaned his sword, the blood falling on the ground and soon being covered up by the ever moving sands of the hollow's homes.  He moved over to where the creature's hands had fallen, pulling out piece after piece as he started to create a pile, a rather macabre picture for one that wasn't used to such things.  Yet in their world it was normal.

He used the word their for the simple fact that he wasn't alone, his companion in this place missing their home...or perhaps another reason they hadn't told him?  Regardless, they were there in the Forest of Menos, the training ground for Las Noche's fighting forces.  Truth be told he wasn't too sure how involved the espada that oversaw this area was but their incursion into this place would be brief if he had any say in the matter.

He was just about to call out to his companion as he noticed something...a chime, a change in spiritual pressure, and a small black butterfly.  An eyebrow raised as he realized just what that thing was and what it might mean for their time in this place...there was a shinigami nearby.  "Milo," the older arrancar would say, leaving the pile of fingers where they were, "Seems like we might have company."

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Nov 25, 2022 3:55:46 GMT -5

'Son of a -

The blast of the attack he'd provoked from the Hollow he'd been facing hit the ground with incredible force. It hadn't started that way of course, but unfortunately for the Soul Reaper currently fighting for his life his excursion into Hueco Mundo had drawn the attention of something a little too powerful for him to take on by himself! There's another blast as a red stream of energy beams through the air to slash into the sands and one of the crystal roots that have emerged through the crust of the forests below and up into the top-land of this endless desert. The ground gives way beneath Hattori Koshou's feet and perhaps his luck still holds. On one hand he's falling through some great blackness, his vague information and research into Hueco Mundo only providing him the barest sense of information about what lies beneath. On the other, he's escaped what would almost have been a certain demise at the hands of the stronger beast up above.

Falling through the endless dark, eventually he can see the tops of those great crystal trees beginning to show themselves. With a grunt, and a grit of his teeth does Koshou manage to catch himself amongst the higher branches. Taking a few minutes to catch his breath and his bearings, Koshou worries at the corner of his lip for a moment before checking out his surroundings with more attention to detail. He gives a quick shake of his head, making the determination that it was going to be a tough sell to get the hell out of here! Just as he's getting ready to ponder the situation at more length, he pauses letting his eyes blink for a moment.

"Hrmm ... I .. know that energy" he murmurs to himself, before weighing his options. Making his choice, he'll push himself off of one of the branches of the tree and he's off in that direction. He doesn't know much about the person, other than that they could've killed him once before, and yet didn't. For the sake of what, he wasn't sure. But it was either very good fortune, or very good planning that sees them down here, just when he's found himself trapped. All the same, Koshou is soon speeding off through the dark toward the signature of power that he recognizes, wondering if he'll have time to make an entrance ..

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Dec 11, 2022 21:27:03 GMT -5

Milo stood a distance from where Nezuel dealt the finishing blow to their prey. She wasn't all that hungry, but she knew it would be foolish to deny herself just a bit of the morsel before her as her companion tore the creature piece by piece. The macabre scenery is a normal routine to her by now as she watches with an unusual detachment to the current moment. She would have continued her distraction and separation to the current scene had it not been for the unusual sound of something that should have been ingrained to her. Her long forgotten foggy mess of blotchy memories were of no help as she was quite literally yanked out of her daydreaming.

Company? In Hueco Mundo? In this damned forest? It wouldn't be a pleasant company and the lavender haired arrancar was not in the mood for another headache so soon. She had plans after her little rendezvous with Nezuel and keep exploring the material world afterwards.

"Is it someone we need to get rid of immediately or just an irritating insect?" Milo uncharacteristically huffed out. "We don't really have good company here with the others."

She looked to the side, listening carefully to anything unusual before squinting her golden eyes in annoyance. She really hoped they had someone friendly on their hands.

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 12, 2022 18:56:33 GMT -5

"Come now," the arrancar would say, stepping forward towads Milo.  Any of the blood or gore on his clothing and person seemed to melt into him, absorbed by whatever weird powers he's wielding.  "We get to spend time together...surely that company is worth something?"  His hand moves to her chin as he forces her to look at him, a stupid smile on his face as he focuses of her even among the death and destruction.  "We can handle this little distraction, then move on to more...pleasurable distractions?  I am rather hungy..."  He didn't let go of her even as the shinigami got closer and closer, close enough now to look in upon the two of them.

Yet at some point he released Milo, giving her a gentile squeeze on the hand before stepping forward towards the shinigami.  "So, the Beast of the 11th is here, come for revenge?" Nezuel asked.  He was pretty sure that was the title that he had given the shinigami, the one that he had seemed to like.  Unlike their last visit, Nezuel didn't seem nearly as wounded or as weak, the majority of his power on display...half for the shinigami's benefit and half to impress the beauty beside him.

"Shinigami, meet my dear Milo." he indicated the well proportioned arrancar besides him.  "I have some affection for you, shinigami, for the fun you put me through in Soul Society...but I will warn you, harm her in any way and you will wish I had simply killed you."  he sighed, then waved at the shinigami.  "Why are you here...and how can we help?"

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Dec 12, 2022 20:25:32 GMT -5

Flitting from crystalline branch to crystalline branch, Koshou continued his movement through this dark place with a sense of urgency and focus. He knew he had to keep moving and keep himself obscured and unimportant at least to the unknown and countless numbers of Menos and Gillians that roam down here. Continuing to move toward that sense of reishi that he did at least recognize. As Nezuel addresses him, the Soul Reaper chooses to keep himself up in one of the branches of the nearby tree-like structures in some measure of defensible position for as little as that will do for him if things were to go south.

"Aha .. I thought that it might be you. I can't tell if this day brings more luck, or more disaster!" The Soul Reaper calls back down to the Arrancar he's met before. At the introduction, Koshou turns his attention to the aptly described 'well-proportioned' Arrancar that's with him, eyes taking the time to study the lavender-haired woman. His eyes see a woman to be sure, but there's no hiding the way they study and measure past the distraction of appearance and trying to determine how much of a threat she'll be to him if it comes to that. "Revenge? Why would I want revenge? It'd been a good decade since I'd been whooped so seriously!" With a sudden leap, Koshou lets himself drop from the tree branch and fall at speed to land down on the ground with a quiet grunt as he lands a few paces away from Nez.

"I don't take shame in losing, when I feel I fought well, to my utmost." There's a flicker of a hand, a small wave off of the idea that he'd come here to exact any kind of retribution for their previous encounter. "Not to say that I haven't kept it in mind." His voice turns a little harder, but his smirk and his friendly demeanor remain as they are, as they almost always do. "Never-minding how I ended up in Hueco Mundo, I was using the time to train my skills above-ground, and a stray shot slammed into one of these-" Koshou gestures behind him, toward one of those towering crystal columns that seem to grow up and outward like trees to poke through the great layer of sand far above.

"And next thing I knew I was falling. I ain't the type to enjoy holding debt ... but it looks like I might have to ask another favour." His eyes flicker toward the lavender-haired woman a moment only, but enough to be noticed. "I ain't dying down here in this pit. One way or another."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Dec 19, 2022 22:54:11 GMT -5

Milo practically purred happily as she leaned into Nezuel's hand, feeling more at ease at the idea of them spending more time together. He was right after all, and what ever was encroaching on them wouldn't be much of a problem. The gentle squeeze of his hand reassured her of that as her eyes followed along to land on the form of a shinigami. She crossed her arms and lazily tucked them under her chest, watching the two men interact. Nezuel of course being a bit theatrical about his strength and the Shinigami, the beast of the 11th as Nezuel nicknamed him, seemingly not in the mood for revenge.

Her interest was piqued due to the other man being a shinigami and his antics were quite the opposite to a recently befriended shinigami named Cole.

"So you're lost and need a way out? I don't see why we wouldn't be able to help." Milo moved her hands away from herself as she stretched and took the time to release any tension.

"It's a pleasure to meet someone who isn't so eager to kill Nezzy." Milo moved to take a closer look and circle around Koshou with a cat like interest, quiet and careful foot steps as she observed him.

"You're not hurt, are you?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 20, 2022 22:17:45 GMT -5

He wondered if Milo had, like Nezuel, smelled blood in the water.  She was circiling the poor shinigami looking at him like a cat with its favorite toy.  He wasn't exactly sure what the other arrancer thought of the shinigami since her personality was sometimes all over the place.  Most of the time she was the sweet and naive arrancar that had been her default since she became an arrancar.  But as the two of them spent more time together she seemed to reclaim some of the former personality he knew from her time as a hollow.  He loved both sides of her, though for entirely different reasons.

"No shame in losing...and you enjoy fighting and learning from failure?" The smaller arrancar took a step forward, eyes looking the shinigami up and down apparently in response to Milo's question if he was hurt.  "careful shinigami...or I might end up liking you." he hmmmed as he took a step past the shinigami and Milo to look around the group.  "Everyone wants to kill me for one reason or another love," he'd smile at Milo, "Eventually."

He didn't see anything that was concerning him...and honestly the shinigami seemed strong enough to survive in this place for atleast a time.  If he'd come to Hueco Mundo to train why not let him train, the life and death situation that all hollows trained in every day?  But perhaps that wasn't fair?  He looked at Milo with a devious look in his eyes. 

"We can certainly help you, but for a price. Like you said you don't like oweing favors, especially since you already owe me one...but I have an idea to avoid that.  In payment for it...you'll take us on a date, shinigami."

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Dec 21, 2022 7:07:17 GMT -5

"If you're alive to feel sore about losing .. then you're alive!" There's a quick sound, a tetch as Koshou sucks against the back of his teeth for just a moment. "And there's always .. value to be learn-" The Soul Reaper is standing still, but his head turns this way and that briefly trying to follow the circular pacing of Milo as she makes that circuit around him while trying to minimize how much he actually has to move his head and neck, because that would mean taking Nezuel out of his eyesight. Despite the affectation of nonchalance, the Soul Reaper isn't under any misconceptions about the particular creek he might be traveling up if this doesn't go just right. "-ed if you're willing to look-"

"Take us on a date, Shinigami.

It takes a moment or two for the words, as well as the proposition behind them to really kind of sink into Koshou's perception as he hears them. His own speech comes to a halt as it trails off rather quickly as the idea eventually settles into the man's brain pan. His mouth opens a moment, pausing as he comes up blank and then just the quiet click of his teeth as his jaw pops shut again. It's a plethora of reactions; narrowed eyes that bring an instinctual suspicion that rings the alarm of the ways he'd been taught as well as the flat and blatant surprise of such a request at the same time. The silence of his lack of a reply seems to stretch on for a minute ... and then two, even if it's truthfully only a few seconds that pass, the span of a handful of heartbeats. Finally, the Soul Reaper seems to decide that there's little use in keeping himself so tightly wound at the ready. His hand lifts from the hilt of his sword, reaching into the fold of his kimono.

A slow exhale comes, the soft cloud of white smoke carrying no hint of the blue tinge that comes from gunpowder or additives. It's a calming reflex, a way to take a breath but also the habit seems ... a part of the man. "That's some kind of favour .." His eyes shift between Nezuel, and the still in motion Milo. "I feel like the Frog, listening to the Scorpion. I still don't even know your name, Arrancar." There it is. There's the mellow, almost lazy way the man speaks, the quiet cool that borders on the arrogance that's a staple of those from the Soul Society and more-so the Gotei Thirteen! Golden irises lift up with lethargy now to meet the man's stare with his own, before it gives a slow-slide toward the bustier of the two white-clad people. "Milo .. Hattori Koshou .." That gaze shifts back to Nezuel, "Beast of Squad Eleven, coined by your own companion. I can't lie, it was close enough to .." There's a frown there, as Koshou's words pause again. Whatever it is he's about to say, he keeps to himself or perhaps whatever it was seems to flee his mind as quickly as the thought had come.

"I liked the way it sounded" he finishes instead. The lack of an outright answer seems evident, but then again the bantered nature of his reply also seems evident. A singular eyebrow lifts up like silent punctuation, or question.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Jan 1, 2023 20:08:16 GMT -5

Milo stilled her circling, walking away from Koshou and towards her beloved Nezuel. Her hips swayed playfully as she would always move for Nezuel this way, a forming habit that began to stick. She couldn't help but keep a softer gaze now as she listened to the shinigami speak, he didn't seem like a threat for Nezuel so this was acceptable.

"A pleasure to meet you, Koshou. You seem like a friendly fellow, so how about relaxing that stiff stance of yours. I'm not much of a fighter, so if anyone is a concern, it wouldn't really be me." The lavender haired arrancar twirled a lock of her curly hair with a relaxed posture. Leaning against Nezuel, mostly as a way to stay close to her partner.

"You don't have to immediately agree to the date, but I wouldn't mind getting to know you some more. You have...hmmm, a different sort of air about you. Almost reminds me of...hmm, no he's calmer than you. Maybe just as tense, but I don't blame the reaction." Milo giggled afterwards, pushing herself off from Nezuel's smaller stature and walking towards Koshou with a soft smile.

Her earlier sour mood at having an uninvited guest all but forgotten. She just wanted to get to know the new face before her and hopefully gain a mutual friend.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jan 1, 2023 22:17:37 GMT -5

The reaction of the shinigami was absolutely adorable in his eyes.  The dumbfounded expression on his face.  Shinigami and hollows were total and complete opposites, after all, in perpetual war with one another.  What would any shinigami in their right mind do in this situation?  Likely refuse and attempt to purify the both of them, he supposed.  Then again he had introduced Milo just now, perhaps he just hadn't thought the arrancar swung both ways like that, how amusing.

"I might be a scorpion, I suppose." the arrancar mused as Milo came over to lean on him.  He gave her a soft, simple smile as he turns his head slightly to let his hair brush against her.  "But even if I had any inclination to sting you it would be remiss of me to do it in front of Milo. By her own admittance, shes not much of a fighting, meaning that I have to get her meals most of the time...and she only likes to eat those she doesn't know the names of...so you're clear."  He had to admit that there was a part of him that enjoyed playing the villain in this.

"If my name," he'd continue, moving towards the shinigami slowly, "Is a dealbreaker then I can certainly tell you...all you need to do is ask...but truthfully I do find a bit of mystique to add to the experience.  Suffice to say it also serves as some defense...if you know my name you can certainly cause me harm...and is that any way to repay the man who spared your life?" He shrugged, taking his eyes off Koshou, tempting him with a free blow if that was really what he wanted now.  "Yet my dear makes a better point...time is something we have in abundance and if you wish to get to know us better I can hardly blame you...but please forgive me for putting our...interest in plain sight and spoken word."

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Jan 2, 2023 4:37:17 GMT -5

True to the suggestion of the more feminine of the two, Koshou continues to kind of give off that blinking, dumbfounded stare as he listens to first the woman, and then Nezuel reply. To that end ... he moves from standing in something like a defensive posture to dropping fluidly into a cross-legged pose as he takes a seat upon the ground. For the next few moments, the Soul Reaper seems only to think upon the conundrum presented to him now. In silence, he takes a minute to take a drag from his cigarette and exhale it slowly as if the act helps him to mull over the thoughts coursing through his mind; and perhaps it does. After a time, the glow and ember of the cigarette begins to burn low, drawing ever closer to the end that's perpetually lodged at the corner of the man's mouth and he reaches up to flick it off into the darkness and the distance somewhere between those crystalline trees.

"Well." With the word, Koshou stands himself up slowly. His right hand rests on the hilt of his Zanpakuto but it seems a habitual thing, and his posture has indeed relaxed a significant amount. The features of his face are a little obscured by the spiky mess of hair that's always threatening to fall down into his eyes, but otherwise he retains his usual lopsided and easygoing grin. "To the first .. it just seems reasonable to be knowing, after all." He delivers this with a quick gesture of his hand, palm upward as he shrugs his shoulder a little bit. "But I admit it's .. an opportunity." Talk about direct. It's clear that the Soul Reaper doesn't necessarily mean that as opportunity to be friends, or more, but rather something more militant. On the other hand, there's no real sense of subterfuge or hostility either.

"Maybe for you, too. Letting me go, I dunno. I think in the end it might've earned you more interest than showing up in the first place. But - since you like to play the cat and the mouse, I ask this. Why?" Beyond mere curiosity there does seem to be a genuine interest behind the stocky man's face concerning why this 'mortal enemy' chose to let him go, that's visible through the shift of eyes that follow the sway of hips both as they walk away from him, and toward him. "Quips about auditioning aside .. what's your interest .. in me?" The pause is noteable if not glaring, the attempt to ask questions within questions almost endearing in it's simplicity. Milo's approach kicks an instinct in Koshou that sees him tense up, as well he might, but his neck cranes to one side in semi-animalistic fashion as he peers at the Hollow woman's movements.
Last Edit: Jan 2, 2023 4:39:22 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Jan 2, 2023 21:41:32 GMT -5

Milo couldn't help but see the shinigami as endearing with his reaction and questions. Very cute, and she takes quite the liking to expressive individuals. She couldn't place her finger on what it was that attracted others to how she moved, but it was most likely due to how her voluptuous figure made her walk seemingly sensual and with a bit of a playful cat step.

"Don't overthink, dear. We're just not interested in whatever agenda the Queen has in mind. I'm into the idea of coexisting and eating Hollows. Shinigami aren't to my taste," not anymore, "there wouldn't be a need for me to do so either. Besides, I don't eat good looking men like yourself~"

Her eyes followed the lingering trail of smoke as the cigarette was flicked away. Golden eyes moving back to watch Koshou with a curious fascination and puppy like interest. She moved her gaze to turn her attention to Nezuel, a warm smile on her face as she casually crossed her arms under her busty assets.

"I really like him, love. Why didn't you tell me about him sooner? Keeping someone so cute to yourself, very much like you to keep everyone to yourself." The lavender haired arrancar playfully quipped to the other. She turned towards Koshou and made her way towards the shinigami with a quick stride. As soon as she got close to him, she wrapped an arm around Koshou's and playfully pressed herself against him.

"I hope we can be well acquainted!"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jan 2, 2023 22:41:00 GMT -5

Nezuel tried not to smile at Milo's obvious lie...mainly because there was no way that the shinigami before him would ever know it was one.  Despite his flair for the dramatic and desire to unbalance, the man unsettling him was something else quite entirely.  "Well...." he'd say, as Milo moved over to get closer to the shinigami.  "Since you think its reasonable...my name is Nezuel." he gave the shinigami a second to think on that, or perhaps to think on Milo, he wasn't sure which, perhaps both?  "And my dear is correct in that we don't much care for the Queen agenda...quite the opposite.  Concordantly that means we also have no desire to oppose Soul Society." That was a little bit of the truth, since he wasn't comfortable telling him of his encounter with Cole.

"Ultimately, I think that fostering a good relationship with shinigami is a step in the right direction.  As arrancar we're technically part shinigami and although I that process is rather different for each of our race that part is true.  We're not really hollows anymore...and yet we are." he brings a hand to the hole in his chest as he sits down on the ground opposite of Koshour.  "Having a friendly relationship with a shinigami is something I'd rather enjoy and if you're open to the idea of being friends with a hollow I see no reason why it can't be a...deeper connection as well."  He shrugs,  "As a hollow we go through multiple stages in our lives where our bodies change, even as an arrancar my resurrection is rather different to what you see before you know.  We aren't our bodies...but our minds and souls."

"But putting aside the logical, I must admit that, for some reason, I do find you attractive.  Not just shinigami, mind you, whom I've already kissed once before, but you specifically. There is something attractive about forbidden fruit. Do you know how refreshing it is to have a fight with someone who actually talks back to you?  Besides that you show a surprising amount of power and promise.  I admit that I'd be rather interested in seeing your bankai, should you achieve it."

He glances over at Milo, smiling a little.  "My dear, you know I have to see if they're safe to bring home to meet you and Gran.  We don't want any...unfortunate incidents."

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Jan 3, 2023 21:56:09 GMT -5

Something that he hears, causes Koshou to narrow his eyes. His face crunches into something more like an actual serious expression as whatever it is catches his attention. But then Milo is making the trek back across the space between himself and Nezuel to capture his arm. Pressing against the side of him is certainly enough to break his train of thought at whatever had caught the more focused portion of his mind. "Well, at the very least .. I can't see any bene- eh?" There's a pause in his words, as if something's interrupted him. With another cock of the head to one side, Koshou seems to listen to something else entirely. It takes a moment .. and a moment longer but his attention seems to return to the two in front of him before too long.

-Yokai? No .. something different.-

"It's confusing .." He eventually admits. Finally knowing his name, Koshou does extend his one currently free arm toward Nezuel with an offering of his hand for the time being. "But that's twice now you could've gone for the kill." There's a sense of seriousness that returns to the man's voice as he considers that. "You got the edge .. so I can trust in that choice. I'll take you out, if that's what you want. Least I can do, under the circumstance right?" His grin reveals the humor of his quip, taking any sting out of it that might suggest his agreement is under duress. His head turns the other direction, side-glancing at Milo even as his words continue to direct themselves at Nez. "Bankai? Heh! I'm afraid that might be a long way off .. I'm still learning to control the raw frenzy that is Hyozanryu." Even trying to keep that cool factor he often tries to affect, the playful press of Milo can't be entirely ignored; a combination of awkward acceptance and some semblance of comfort from that kind of closeness playful or not, a hint of color in the cheeks.

"But we might get that chance .. what comes remains to be seen but I'll call you friend at the least for now" His hand still offered, his nod comes again. "I hope you'll come to forgive my more selfish motives." His grin is broad, and his words are honest. Shifting like the lightning-like reishi that's associated with him, his demeanor is once more that easygoing sense of a man ready to face whatever comes with 'chill' that comes with another sidelong glance toward Milo.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Jan 5, 2023 14:23:12 GMT -5

"Nothing wrong with being selfish, dear. Though, we've yet to discuss what sort of date we'll have after we get your handsome looking self out of Hueco Mundo. Perhaps we can discuss that matter in a safer setting." Milo playfully cooed as her snug embrace over Koshou's arm loosened to a more relaxed hold as she waved Nezuel over.

"Is there a nickname you want to be called per chance? A pet name to make things more friendly between us? If we're going to be friends for now, then at least help us in making this more cozy for you~"

The lavender haired arrancar had noticed the slight change in attention on the shinigami's face, his voice hadn't been shaking but more of interrupted by something nearby. Perhaps a nearby feeding of stronger hollows making their appearance. Ah, and Koshou was a shinigami. A lone shinigami in Hueco Mundo. He was practically a walking morsel for the more dangerous portion of their own ilk.

"As much as I want to keep being playful, this isn't a safe place for our friend. Have any ideas as to how we should keep this hunk away from everyone's hungry hands, Nezzy?" Milo tugged at Koshou's arm to follow her as she walked the small distance back to Nezuel's proximity so they could discuss their current predicament.