Bleach Hereafter RPG

In The Belly of The Beast

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 17, 2023 21:25:26 GMT -5

Koshou nods in response to Nezuel's latest question, "That it is in some way a part of yourself, sealed away. Beyond that, less" he admits as his own knowledge on the subject has only recently been something he's had to re-educate himself on. "Where-as what becomes a Zanpakuto is influenced by bonding with us, but is not inherently us. Ahh ..." the next question causes a pause, and the Soul Reaper takes a moment to consider it while sampling some of the olives and cheese for himself. For now, he lets the teasing pass, though the purring call from Milo and the teasing both can't help but to draw a grin and a chuckle from the man and distract his train of thought. "Hey I admit, if our meeting each other had gone down different I might not be as open-minded but .. I ain't got no reason to be shy about the truth." He tips his glass toward Milo and that smile holds his usual affable if a little feral sense of humor and friendliness. Like being friends with a wolverine.

"Think of it as .. hrm. A Zanpakuto begins in a sealed state, mostly because it's truer forms are often too powerful or too large to simply carry about or keep on premise" Koshou begins, starting to talk with his hands once again in an animated fashion when he's on the subject of something that's more core to him or his interests. "So when a Soul Reaper releases their Zanpakuto into it's shikai state this is more or less the base sense of the 'true form' of our Zanpakuto. However, this is still a limited in its way because to bear the full weight of a Zanpakuto's power all the time would crush the soul." He makes a squish of an olive, before popping it into his mouth.

"The Bankai is a removal of that restriction, allowing the Zanpakuto to unleash its full fury for a time. So far, I've only seen Hyozanryu as a Samurai, a reflection of me perhaps. It's true sense of form is not something I've achieved yet." Taking the rest of his poured drink, Koshou pours himself another before tipping that back as well. The longer they speak the more he relaxes for the time being letting the sheer oddity of this situation fade away and simply enjoying the company and conversation.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Feb 27, 2023 21:17:38 GMT -5

Milo's attention flickers from one man to the other, information absorbed like a sponge as she listened attentively. She wasn't keen on using this information to harm but to understand their differences in core strengths. The lavender haired arrancar took another sip of her drink as she watched Koshou's animated motions to explain what exactly the concept of a zanpaktou was. She appreciated the theatrics as she would have most likely gotten distracted with anything else. Her golden irises practically sparkling with fascination at the details, they were indeed conpletely different and she was glad they had met under friendlier terms.

She was not about to die so early for merely bumping into a random shinigami who wouldn't spare a harmless and fight deterred arrancar.

"So you can, in a way, see the spirit that makes your zanpaktou? Is this because the stronger you become and the more you hone yourself with it, then you can begin to see whatever it is? I don't seem to quite get the idea but I think that's pretty nifty. You're basically befriending someone who'll help you stay safe." Milo was very childlike with her understanding but it was close enough to the concept as she would try to understand.

"The more I listen to the both of you, the more worried I become with my choice to abstain from fighting others. I don't know how to word my worries, but learning this much is just as good for me I suppose."

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Feb 28, 2023 20:46:36 GMT -5

"So they're reflections of both yourself...and another spirit who has some part of you as itself?"  The arrancar thinks for a moment, the similarities running around his mind as his food and drinks go untouched for the moment.  "You've seen your spirit as a samurai, as similar to you, but don't you think that you yourself will change to better fit the zanpaktou, to release its full power.  Its a symbiotic relationship where you both change to become more...I have to wonder."  His eyes go unfocused for a moment as he thinks.  "What happens to a zanpaktou after the weilder's death?  Does the spirit dissipate or does it stay trapped, if someone picked it up could, they infuse or...enforce is the wrong word here but, change the old zanpaktou to suit them as their own weapon?"

If bankai was the realization of the spirit in the sword, he felt as though that made things a bit easier for him as it was very similar to their own release, minus the sentience and personality.  But would there be some sort of resonance between an arrancar's lack of spirit and a zanpaktou spirit?  Hollows and shinigami were opposites but could the same be true about a spirit made by the shinigami...especially if it was fed hollow energy from conception instead?

His demeanor changed a little as Milo spoke, becoming worried as she once again spoke of her inability, or refusal, to fight.  "I'll always be around to protect you, love." He'd say, moving in to give the woman a loving hug, letting his arms reach around her as he let his head crook into her.  "And if I somehow fail, I'll make sure to subject those that harmed you or anyone you cared about until they wish they could find a quincy and end their existence."  He looked up at her,  "Then I'd just have to find you again, like how this all started."

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Mar 2, 2023 2:37:47 GMT -5

What Milo says brings a shift of the smile on Koshou's face. From that more feral, it's a quick shift into something more genuinely ... happy. There's a nod of the man's chin for a moment as he considers her interpretation. "When I knew nothing about Hyozanryu ..when it was just a sword there was still something. I didn't know then how I'd come to use it .. but I knew from the start that I will die before someone takes it from me. It wasn't a matter of .. needing it, or thinking of it as valuable. It was mine, and no other's." There's a sigh of memory that comes with the nostalgia of remembering some of those earliest days of his existence as it is now. Again, the man is animated when he speaks, indicating himself with a thump on the chest, or clenching his fist when he speaks of that deeper sense of possession.

"That's an interesting question .." Koshou remarks his tone taking a turn for the quiet as he turns his attention toward Nezuel. "I don't know where the Asauchi come from" he answers next with honesty. "I do know that some Zanpakuto .. prefer? Are tied to, perhaps? To some bloodlines, Noble Families. Hyozanryu said it had been six hundred years since he'd last had a partner, but others, most I imagine, are more well-known I think. One of our core precepts is that a Zanpakuto may only be wielded by one Soul Reaper. I know of at least one Shinigami who came into possession of his Zanpakuto by taking it from the dead." There's a pause but a grin from Koshou, "But that's not the same as knowing its name. A Zanpakuto will be nothing more than a sword in anyone's hand more or less, without it." He smiles again at Nez's reply to Milo, and gives the woman a nod of his own with an approving conspiratorial glance toward the other Arrancar.

"While it's true that .. instinct and mastery come from experience and practice ..." Koshou begins. He pauses to take another drink, his third or fourth maybe based on the subtle color at his cheeks. "That doesn't have to come at the hands of an enemy. Fight your friends - you lose something by knowing the limits of the danger, but that's not really important until it comes down to preparing to fight for your life." The words are blunt and honest, but they're clearly meant to be encouraging in their way. Looking around for a moment, the man begins to ponder the time he's been gone at long last - more than distracted by the surprise of growing friendship and more, and the opportunity to step away if but for a moment from the nature of constant battle and war.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Mar 11, 2023 21:52:17 GMT -5

"If i had known we were going to have such a note worthy conversation, I would have invested in a journal to write these things down. While I guess I kind of understand, Zanpaktou are very intriguing. Incredibly made to house its own spirit to be wielded by a chosen shinigami." Milo smiled fondly, a warm smile mostly regarding the forming bond between Koshou and Hyozanryu. "I think just that detail makes your sword and everyone else's unique if you put it that way. I'm guessing some are more in tune and familiar to their original wielder's reishi as to be passed down noble families? Almost like a distant or surviving friend remaining to watch over their friend's children. Well, I might just be looking too deeply into it. I don't know why, but knowing this little bit about Zanpaktou makes me happy."

Milo jumped just for a bit as Nezuel gave her a loving hug making her remember of how secure she felt in his arms and in his proximity. The lavender haired arrancar wrapped her arms around his smaller frame, a much more sturdy and firm body honed from battles, and she placed a loving kiss to his hair.

"I would rather you remain by my side alive. I'm rather lonely when you're away for too long, but if we ever do part and either one of us perishes, I will do my best to find you again." Milo warmly regarded, letting her fingers rub against the back of Nezuel's neck. Milo then looked over to Koshou and couldn't help but keep that warm smile on her lips. He was just so easy going and had a wonderful air of friendly energy about him.

It might've been the alcohol too.

"Mhm, though, I'll have to admit that even sparring troubles me. I just cannot find it in me to lay my hands even for something as harmless as that. It just feels like...oh, it's just me overthinking it. I don't like the possibility of accidentally causing more issues or harm. Maybe I can work on more defensive fighting styles or quick escape techniques. Thank you, Koshou."

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Mar 14, 2023 14:48:13 GMT -5

Nez nods as Koshou talks, ingraining the words that the shinigami says into his mind.  He couldn't imagine learning any more about shinigami and their swords than from the horse's own mouth, so to speak.  For a moment he wondered if he even needed to enter the shinigami academy as he had been thinking or perhaps he could have Koshou teach him all he knew.  After a brief daydream about a classroom, Koshou as a teacher and himself as a student, he decided that it was likely best to still try to attain such a thing. 

Nezuel tended not to drink, the constant nagging of a soul inside of him trying to get control of him and take over was something of a downer.  If he ever actually lost control of himself too much, he might hurt those that he cared for and that was a risk he wasn't willing to take. Still he refilled the glasses for both Milo and Koshou, fully aware of the state of their inebriation.  It wasn't that he was hoping to take advantage of the fact, quite the opposite.  He needed to be fully in control of himself when he took Milo home and when he ensured that Koshou got back to Soul Society safely.  He wouldn't say no to the shinigami joining the two of them during the night or in general, but the first time shouldn't be fueled by alcohol.

He swiped a hand in the air and created a small garganta.  Pushing his hand inside, he pulled something wrapped in cloth,  "I was curious what I might do with this...if an arrancar might be able to learn a zanpaktou's name...or bond with it.  It truly is a special circumstance, as I imagine most hollows simply destroy the weapon."  He left the normal, sealed, zanpaktou on the table between Koshou and Milo.  Perhaps it was rude to show the shinigami what amounted for proof of a dead comrade but...he was simply too curious.  "Do you want this sword Milo...see if it might help you in some way?" he'd ask, before turning back to the shinigami.

"I'd love for a chance to spar with you again Koshou, though I might need to be a bit more serious next time....what do you think we should bet on the match?"

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Apr 11, 2023 23:47:55 GMT -5

There's a moment or two of silence coming from Koshou as he observes the blade that Nezuel sets down between them for the moment. He tilts his head again, that habitual kind of side-cock that speaks to his more primal nature. After the moment of silence stretches almost to the point of being uncomfortable, he gives a quiet grunt.

"The only thing you can do is keep it with you, and use it. If it finds a kindred spirit in you .. you'll know it" Koshou replies to both Nezuel and Milo a bit as the former offers the sword to her should she wish to try and utilize it. "I don't know of any true reason why it couldn't happen, though I don't know of it to have ever happened." Returning Milo's smile once more, he lets that easy expression shift back to Nezuel as he mentions another sparring match.

"Well, now ... that might be a question! I suppose I'll have to give it a little bit of thought .. a secret, perhaps? That might make things interesting don't you think?"

Koshou offers this suggestion to Nezuel with the same kind of smarmy smirk he always carries, that easygoing demeanor that always seems to find it's cool no matter the circumstance.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Apr 21, 2023 20:55:50 GMT -5

Milo returned to listening to her two companions, her cheeks dusted in a now soft tint as she took a more confident swig of her drink. She felt reassured and her knowledge only grew due to the information provided. Her golden orbs looked on over the zanpaktou with curious eyes but turned to Nezuel, a relaxed and a crooked smile spreading over her lips as she shook her head.

"I don't think it should go to me. This little friend would do better with you, love. I don't think it would very much like a leisurely life filled with little to no fighting from its user. Keep it with you, nezzy." Milo practically chirped as she kept her arms around Nezuel, nuzzling into him affectionately. She could have practically purred at this point!

"Maybe one day, Koshou can go on a stroll with me since I don't do well with sparring. I wouldn't mind having company with me while I climb trees and explore the nature in the world of the living! Only if Koshou wants to though!" The arrancar joyfully exclaimed as she let herself practically melt against Nezuel's frame. She was starting to really relax and drop her anxious thoughts to the side, letting the evening air really sink in as she looked at Koshou with a coaxing stare.