13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Dec 15, 2022 10:40:17 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 13th DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

It was still a bit astounding receiving one promotion after another. The gap wasn’t even between years when Hyakuji was told of his re-assignment as 13th Division Captain.

Today would be the last day in his office in the First Division Headquarters. A responsible man that he was, he asked for another day to go through and audit the remaining documents on his desk. They were no longer mountainous, thankfully, and only a handful would be needing careful attention.

One that particularly caught his eye was the report from patrols in the Rukon District documenting a sighting of an odd spiritual pressure allegedly coming from an arrancar. In the vicinity was found a helpless shinigami bounded by an imperfect kido which again, allegedly pointed to the intruder. The death god was identified as Hanyou Koshou from the 11th Division.

“A colleague of Maria-san, huh”

The thought about the lady distracted the Captain’s focus for a moment. He wanted to tell her something important during their date in the festival, but alas, they were interrupted by the green-haired shinigami from the 12th Squad. Hopefully, he could meet her again soon despite his busy schedule. Sure, he could call her anytime, but then again, he had to make sure nothing comes up before he could set a feasible time for them. Besides, this confession was not something to take lightly.

Realising he indeed lost his focus, he went back and scrutinised the document, taking note of the said intrusion of the arrancar.

During his meeting with Cole, the man mentioned an arrancar who goes by the name of Nezuel, who challenged him to a fight to let off some steam after a heart-breaking rejection. Perhaps the intrusion was a plot for revenge? However, sneaking into the lion’s den was not really a smart idea, was it? And he let go of the only direct witness to his crime…

The Captain sunk in deep thought, again retracing the details of his conversation with the unseated officer from the Fifth Division. Cole also shared that this Nezuel wanted to join the ranks of shinigami, an odd statement maybe but he didn’t have the context yet to judge fairly. However, if the reason behind it was a girl, well… that indeed sounds crazy and simple. Even then, he understood the fact that people do wild and grandiose things when drugged by love; and he could not blame the guy for being intoxicated, as he himself had been in that stage too.

“Send a message to Hattori Koshou of the 11th Squad. Tell him to report to the office of Vice-Captain Muimina Hyakuji of the First Division as soon as possible,” Hyakuji instructed, putting the document on-hold for archiving.

If this intruder can be confirmed by Koshou, then, it would only be rightful to dig deeper into what the arrancar was up to.
Intrusion had a proper place in Soul Society. Yukari had once been subjected to it, and while he had been a witness for her innocence, the same couldn’t be said for this arrancar unless he investigated the case himself.

[521]
Last Edit: Dec 19, 2022 8:53:46 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Dec 16, 2022 0:28:41 GMT -5

Today was much like any other day, and finds Koshou (not) hard at work as he runs through daily practices in the Division Eleven Guard area. He often finds himself running impromptu kendo practice either here within the Division Eleven barracks or more often as of late out in the mountains of the North Rukongai where there's more space and freedom to work. The man himself is actually gathering a few of things and some supplies to head out toward the mountains today when he's tracked down by one of the many messengers that operate throughout the Seireitei to help deliver orders, assignments, and other communique between the different divisions of the Gotei Thirteen. He sensed the presence of the small black butterfly only moments before it became visible to his eyes, pausing to flutter down and rest on his finger. The summons delivered in the unique manner of these creatures, it takes off and flutters off to wherever the Hell Butterflies come from or go to whence they've completed their tasks.

Looking around, Koshou picks up the pace of his feet as the soft sound of his sandals echoing out against the Seki-seki walls of the maze-like layout of the Seireitei he tries to grab some measure of his own bearings to he can re-determine exactly where he is. 'Shit .. I've never been to half of the places here let alone squad one! I hope they don't decide I'm late ...' The thoughts are a-jumble as the man is all but running around trying to find his way through the more unfamiliar paths and layouts of the Squad One Barracks. Eventually, Koshou will be able to find something or another to point him vaguely in the right direction and soon enough it's no longer the sound of paving stones and cobblestone that's ringing under his sandals but the clatter of wooden floorboards. He manages to slow himself down just in time to avoid running headlong into the door or shoji screen that may offer entrance to the Vice-Captains office, but not quite enough to stop him from having to kind of roll and slide into the presence of the room somewhat haphazardly.

"Uh .. Hattori Koshou reporting for assignment, Captain Hyakuji!"

The words that come out seem emphatic enough, but they're also somewhat subdued by the outward mellow persona that surrounds the broad-shouldered, stocky Soul Reaper. He raises a hand slightly, not really a salute as his other rests at leisure on the hilt of his Zanpakuto by force of muscle memory and habit. Despite the man's clear attempts to put forth this 'cool and calm' kind of demeanor, it's not enough to hide the nervousness at being summoned directly to speak to one of the Captains of the Gotei! Last but not least to be noted, a half-smoked cigarette that's gone out from his running around dangles precariously from one corner of his mouth.

Last Edit: Dec 16, 2022 0:29:02 GMT -5 by Koshou

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Dec 20, 2022 6:25:52 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 13th DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“At ease, Hattori-san…” Hyakuji remarked as soon as he felt the man’s awkwardness. Just like any other reapers, the newly-arrived death god seemed anxious at meeting him. Something he never really understood since he was trying to be friendly as much as possible. Although these reapers couldn’t be blamed either, his piercing sapphire eyes looked deadly enough, and anyone who stared directly into these eyes would indeed be intimidated.

“Please, take a seat,” the now-Captain would direct Koshou to sit at the chair in front of his desk. The mountain of paperworks, almost preventing him from seeing the shinigami on the other side of the table.

Once Hyakuji felt the death god was now ready to listen, he began inquiring him of his last encounter, “According to this report, there was an odd spiritual signature that seemed to have entered Soul Society in the Rukongai District, and was believed to have come from an arrancar…” the Captain’s blue eyes read and then eventually darted to Koshou, studying his reactions.

“A few minutes around that time, you were found within the vicinity, bound by a kido spell, which would have been impossible for an arrancar to wield. Although, I couldn’t help but connect that what happened to you was this arrancar's doing. Tell me then, Hattori-san. Have you encountered this arrancar? What exactly happened during that night?”

Hyakuji probed. He believed there was no reason for this shinigami to tell nothing but the truth. Although the fact that he had not reported the incident caused him to worry a bit. Though, it would also be quite unbelievable if such person from the 11th squad would be threatened by an enemy. They had a reputation of being fearless after all. Maria herself had proven that members of the 11th Division are dauntless, though there were also some like Ikki who would sell their comrades just to save themselves from trouble.

Regardless, here in front of him, was someone who could confirm whether this arrancar was the one he had been looking for since his meeting with Cole.

[350]

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Dec 20, 2022 8:30:32 GMT -5

At mention of the incident in question, the first thing the Captain sitting behind the desk will note is the quick flash of irritation, dissatisfaction perhaps even that's just as quickly pushed aside. Still the shift in his features is enough to give away a recognition of the events that Muimina describes without any question. Out of habit, the man purses his lips as if trying to take a drag of that half of a cigarette that's still dangling at the corner of his mouth. Taking a moment to realize that it's out (of course it's out), he reaches up to grab it and tucking it into an inner pocket of his kimono. That done, Koshou's hand moves to run through the spiky bits of his hair to sweep them away from his face so that it doesn't bother him while he speaks as the motions of settling into the seat help him to gather his composure.

"Arrancar .. " For a moment, Koshou rolls the word around in his mouth, the term seeming vaguely unfamiliar coming from the stocky Soul Reaper, but with something that underlines his tone of voice that suggests he won't be in ignorance very much beyond this meeting in any case. "He wore a white Shihakusho, or ... something like it. Beaten up, but when I came on the scene it looked like he'd just cut down a few of the cutthroats that sometimes band together out there. No way it was them that put the hurt on this guy. I thought ..I thought I could take him." Those words scrape out of the man with the sense of someone pulling teeth against a patient's will, the admission clearly grating on him even with the mere implication of his inability. He takes a moment or two to really chew on some of the things that the Captain says that catch his curiosity now before answering further.

"I'm sure it's no surprise or secret that my grades in Kido didn't HURT my admission to Squad Eleven, any more than they helped me anywhere else. I never felt nothing like it before .. felt like every part of me was gonna break." He speaks of the restraint kido, and there's a visible moment of memory there also as it comes flashing past the Shinigami's expression. With a shake of his head to shake off the feeling of those memories, he continues. "Between that and the Lamplighter .." His words trail off with another shake of his head. "I couldn't secure his identity .. so I did what I could to force as much information out of him as i could, one way or the other. We fought, until felt pressed enough to use the restraint Kido .. I wasn't expecting to wake up. It could've taken me. Killed me."

Last Edit: Dec 20, 2022 8:32:03 GMT -5 by Koshou

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Jan 4, 2023 7:25:48 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 13th DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

The Captain studied the look on Koshou’s face, as the man tried to recall his encounter with the person in question. The frustration was evident in his face. Somehow, Hyakuji could sympathise; having to lose to someone in his turf seemed to have gotten into his nerves. Perhaps even more so to a death god like him whose lifeblood is fighting, stereotypically speaking, as someone coming from the 11th Squad.

“I can understand your frustration. But at the same time, I am thankful that you managed to stay alive…He may have spared your life, and this is something that piqued my interest.”

He didn’t intend to rub some salt on his wounds, yet he needed to say it as a matter of fact. It already came out from Koshou’s mouth… The arrancar could’ve killed him. Yet he didn’t. There must be a reason then.

As such, Hyakuji continued to probe. Resting his back on his chair, remembering his conversations with Cole about the arrancar he just met, Nezuel.

“A word got to me… that there is this one arrancar who wanted to join the ranks of shinigami. Does it seem familiar? This person that you encountered, do you think he had the same goal as the one I’m talking about?”

“I’d appreciate it if youd tell me what you have discussed as you were fighting. This would be essential in my investigation about this arrancar.”

[244]
Last Edit: Jan 4, 2023 7:26:24 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Jan 4, 2023 10:39:06 GMT -5

Something that Captain Hyakuji says definitely grabs Koshou's attention. First his eyes widen for a moment, then narrow slightly as he begins to internally process some of the conversation that occurred during the altercation. His mouth opens, and then closes itself again after a moment as whatever he seemed about to say doesn't seem the right response. Eventually he does give a slow but affirmative dip of his chin toward the other Shinigami sitting the opposite side of the desk.

"I can't say for certain .. but he said something that seems relevant now," Koshou begins to explain. "Perhaps I should start from the top. It's something of tradition for us to introduce ourselves, in the event the fight turns deadly. He made a quip about Squad Eleven's fervor for the fight .. but not as an insult. I think .. he made some joke about an audition, and I think I made some joke in return about him refusing to give me his name. They could definitely be the same." The longer he speaks about it, the more certain he begins to sound as he relays the short version of the conversation that had passed between them as they'd battled it out.

Out of sheer habit, Koshou reaches into the fold of his kimono to pluck one of his ever-present smokes from the pouch he keeps there and has it already tucked into the corner of his mouth before he realizes what he's done. He gives a brief cough of embarrassment, thankfully not having gone as far as lighting it yet. His head gives a brief duck of deference for the Captain, tucking the rolled white cigarette behind an ear for the moment instead. There's another pause of hesitation before the Soul Reaper opts to gives another slight clearing of his throat and speaks up once more.

"I'd like to request permission to assist in this investigation, if you think I can help. There's more to know about them and it could be useful. Crucial maybe, one day." It's clear that Koshou has moved beyond simply the interest of Captain Hyakuki in this specific Arrancar but about them as a whole. Already barreling ahead, he doesn't see any reason to hesitate giving his full opinion. "In the specific, we can definitely agree that's out of standard character for him to have let me live, and let me go. Maybe I can build on that reporte? I know I'm at risk of being out of place but .. if the Captains and Central are giving such a thing any kind of consideration? Worst-case, we'd get the chance to study the enemy up close." Rather than speculate on best case scenarios, Koshou just gives a delayed shrug of his broad shoulders.

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Jan 17, 2023 10:36:05 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 13th DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“I see…”

The Captain listened intently as the other man recalled his encounter. Koshou mentioned something about “audition” which somehow coincided with what the Fifth Division shinigami had spilled to him when they met. He even devised a way for him to detect the presence of the said arrancar; though, as explained by Cole, should work only if they were on the same plane.

Surely, it didn’t move during the time this Nezuel was fighting with Koshou? His memory was a bit hazy. Probably due to a ton of paperworks he was trying to finish before he leaves his post as Vice Captain of the First Squad.

There was not much in this room that distracted the attention of the now-Captain, so every movement of the death god across him was pretty much obvious. Hyakuji did not comment on his reactions however; instead, he focused on every word that came out of the other man.

The express of interest on the matter was something he already quite expected. There was some hint of guilt on his part… No, more like frustration… probably, that a death god like him who hailed from shall we say tenacious division, and physically at that, didn’t manage to hold off this intruder.

Understandable.

Regardless of his resolve, the Captain wouldn’t say no to every help he could get. He was not the arrogant, and lazy death god he used to be.

“Very well,”

“I welcome any help I could get,” a light curve of his lips.

“How about we start from the physical description? My informant before did not tell me what he looked like. Since you had encountered him yourself, maybe you could help me with that. Then again, I won’t say no to future collaboration of hunting this auditionee, if that’s the term he wanted to be called.”

[310]

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Jan 23, 2023 4:03:01 GMT -5

Koshou doesn't bother to hide the pleasure at gaining the permission to assist in this endeavour, taking a moment again to squint his eyes and rack his memory from the fight before. In absence of the cigarette, he takes to worrying idly at the corner of his mouth a little bit before a hand comes up to scratch and ruffle through his hair.

"Ehh .. well, he was dressed in something like a shihakusho, but white; inverse almost in every aspect to the clothing we wear. I remember .." there's another pause, more worrying as he finally just closes his eyes and takes a moment in silence to simply breathe and let his mind find the details of that fight. A faint curve of a smile comes off his lip as he speaks next, "He wore a suit maybe, something more formal under his kimono or .. something more like a haori, even. Not sandals ... but shoes. He's quite small .. perhaps not even five feet tall. Medium hair. I .. didn't notice anything like a mask."

That still seems to bring a little bit of skepticism as he tries to recall still everything he can about what was covered about these guys in classes that seem like a very long time ago now, in the lense of hindsight. Leaning back into his chair a little, he tries again to make himself a little less stiff and a little more comfortable for questioning. With no doubt less tact, Koshou watches Captain Hyakuji about as closely as the man watches him, trying to take a measure of the man more objectively now that he's had time to see past the newly promoted Captain's haori and the rank and privilege that come with it. "He has a .. soft .. face, if that makes sense."

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Mar 3, 2023 14:46:24 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 13th DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“I’ll take note of that. Thank you.” Hyakuji replied as he cupped his chin with his hand contemplating the incident. Soft face… so nothing like an aggressive maniac who wanted to dominate the world. Then again, looks can be deceiving. Even Valentina, the fullbringer who caused a massive crack in all the realms, had a soft face; and her sister Maria… well, got tough and intimidating looks, on the inside though, she has a gentle heart. He could go on with many examples…

“What about his fighting style?”

Did he overwhelm the guy? Koshou didn’t seem weak at all. And coming from the 11th Division, the long haired shinigami doubted Koshou would back out or accept defeat. The only reason their fight has stopped was because he was sealed by a restraining kido which could only be wielded by shinigami.

Just as he was getting immersed in this conversation, a sudden short ring from his phone disrupted his focus. It wasn’t a call that would interrupt their conversation, thankfully, but it distracted him for a few moments. The phone lit up, and with a short glance he read whom it was from. Altair…

He would probably follow-up a call shortly.

“Sumimasen, Hattori-san. I just got an important message. I’m sorry for cutting this conversation short but I think we need to continue this later…”By then, I’d probably be in the 13th Division headquarters already. You are free to visit whenever you have the time or I’ll send you another message as soon as possible.”

Hyakuji let out a sigh. Despite the never-ending task as Vice-Captain, he still found it a bit difficult to juggle many things at once. Especially that he put upon himself the burden of watching over the Realm of the Living, even though it was outside his task. The need to feel responsible for what happened to Yukari and Valentina, more so, the destruction of the world… it just couldn’t go away…

“At any rate… Thank you again for your cooperation regarding this matter. Until then.”

[347]

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Mar 3, 2023 20:38:26 GMT -5

Maintaining a respectful silence as the spirit phone provides its message to the newly appointed Captain, and as the interlude comes the stocky-shouldered man gives Hyakuji a short but affable nod as it's followed by the immediate though respectful dismissal. Standing from his chair, the Squad Eleven member is careful to return it to precisely where it came from, still displaying some sense of nervousness perhaps just being in the presence or the environment of one of the elite commanding officers of the Gotei Thirteen. Taking the cigarette he'd fidgeted with before from behind his ear now to pop between his lips, Koshou doesn't light it yet of course but feels more comfortable dropping it into position as he prepares to leave.

"Kido .. and he harries like a pack animal might. Wore me down with ice and weight, and .. hm. I don't have the greatest control of containing my own Reishi but fighting him seemed to drain me twice as fast. It wasn't an experience I enjoyed, but it is one I learned from. I'll keep you updated as I learn anything else."

With that affirmation given, another of those semi-attempts at being official the Soul Reaper gives the Captain a second two-fingered salute and then he's happy to be taking himself out of the office and leaving the other longer-haired man to his privacy and his phone call. Walking down the hallways that lead back out into the bulk of the Seireitei and the living quarters for the other Divisions, Koshou will barely even notice the people who scramble or hasten their step to get out his way as his face so deep in thought doesn't look all that different from some of his darker moods ..