Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Jan 3, 2023 17:43:58 GMT -5

HUNTING SEASON
Type: Destroy (PvE) (Repeatable)
Level: 1
Description: Locate and eliminate a den of rogue Shinigami in the outskirts of Rukongai.
Destroy their base.
Defeat at least 2 waves of NPC enemies.
Defeat their leader.

After months of entry level tasks the division superiors had begun to recognize the large shinigami as one of their more trusted and promising recruits. Although he had not paid his dues anywhere near close enough for a formal promotion within the squad, word of his high profile spars and clean track record had afforded him a modicum of cache. At least enough to entrust him with what was considered a low level mission of importance. Within the 7th Division’s jurisdiction, South Rukonagi had become plagued with a rather interesting problem. As the mission dossier outlined, a group of rogue shinigami had established a den of operations, apparently organized enough to catch the attention of the court guards.

The news angered the masked giant, as such a travesty happening within the jurisdiction that he frequently patrolled felt like a failure on his part. Although he could not be everywhere and see everything at once, his strong sense of duty and perfectionism had taken a blow. While Bosake would have loved to solo the mission to fix what he felt was his own fault, it was unclear how many rogue shinigami there were, and the most responsible thing was to have at least one ally at his side. He had sent word of his mission to a few of his colleagues at other divisions, unsure how many or if any would show. Bosake would be found standing near the Red Hollow Gate, his posture like that of a stone statue, lending nothing to his feeling of inner turmoil.
Last Edit: Jan 3, 2023 17:44:19 GMT -5 by Bosake

PLAYER

Here I come!

Shuhei Grimmrose Avatar

Shuhei Grimmrose

Post by Shuhei Grimmrose on Jan 6, 2023 23:12:29 GMT -5

Shuhei moved towards the meeting place for the mission. It had only been a few weeks since he was last sent out to deal with a group such as this, though he was thankful for the chance. After last time, he knew what was at stake and wanted to make sure everyone was safe from people who chose to let their greed and pride put others at risk. The chance arose when a fellow academy grad sent out a request for support. Shuhei hadn't talked to Bosake since they joined the Gotei 13, so it would be nice to see how he has developed since then. Hopefully things will go a little smoother this time around, thought Shuhei as he came into sight of the Red Hollow Gate. The man from his academy days was already waiting there for things to kick off. 

"Well, if it isn't Bosake," Shuhei stated with a wide grin while rubbing his head, "I am happy you reached out. How have you been?" Saying the man was large, was an understatement, he stood well over a foot taller than Shuhei. 

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Jan 7, 2023 17:59:30 GMT -5

Bosake did not have to wait long amid his own personal frustrations before his solitude was broken. As he turned his head the tendrils of the setting sun gleamed against the alloy of his crimson face mask. Looking out, the large shinigami saw a familiar face headed in his direction. Before he could make out any particular features, the blood red eyes and white hair gave away the newcomers identity. His mask would hide a warm smile as a rush of nostalgia washed over him, happy to see an old friend from his days back at Shin'ō Academy.

“Well met Shuhei.” He replied in a deep and bellowed tone as he nodded graciously to greet his old friend.

“I’m happy you showed. I had begun to think the 1st division had vetoed my request as they rarely allow their model shinigami to leave the Seireitei.” Bosake added, halfway facetious as their was some truth to the custom

“I have been well, just going through the rigors of a new recruit, something I’m sure you can understand. I can tell you more but we should be on our way.” The giant shinigami said as he turned and took stride through the Red Hollow Gate, waiting for Shuhei to fall into stride with him before continuing on.

“As you’ve probably read from the dossier, the mission is to confront a den of rouge shinigami here in South Rukonagi. They call themselves ‘The Dark Denizens’ as they terrorize the citizens at night by roaming the streets and causing havoc. The plan is to intercept them tonight and locate their base of operations.” Bosake said, briefing Shuhei on the mission details while glancing up at the setting sun as his pace slowly hastened.