Player

Life is one hell of a stage, while death is just the final flourish

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Jan 9, 2023 9:07:36 GMT -5

FREAKY FRIDAY
Type: Retrieve (PvE) (Repeatable)
Level: 1
Description: A unique Hollow with the ability to swap bodies has snatched yours and is now running amok! While in the body of this Hollow, track down your own spirit body and swap back!
  • Find the Hollow who is using your body for their own nefarious purposes.
  • Figure out a way or force them into switching bodies to return you to normal.

By this point in their life, Milya ought to have known better than to go and talk to an overconfident looking hollow. But, after a certain conversation with a certain privaron espada, they thought, fuck it. Hollows are people too, they're just en route to other forms of personhood. So, as they headed over to it, they were hopeful that they could have a peaceful conversation about, perhaps, the weather, Hueco Mundo, the quality of unlife nowadays. Instead, they black out, and now, their wonderful opposable thumbs, humanoid arrangement of limbs and very fine aesthetic that they crafted is gone.

Now, what's left is a full mask - one shaped like that of a rabbit, which makes sense given how this thing ran away so fast - and a hulking, hare-like body. Powerful back legs, Milya discovered, when they kicked the ground, and destroyed a good chunk of tarmac. Purple skin, spiked spots that mimic uncombed fur. But evidently, the bastard's speciality was swapping and running. Now, it was too embarrassing to run back to Ehtore, and goodness knows what this thing could do with their body whilst they were gone. So, here they are, leaping from rooftop to rooftop.

Admittedly, it was a good and funny plot twist. But right now, that brought scant comfort. How they were getting their body back, Milya had no idea, but they could sense its spiritual pressure. Or rather, their own spiritual pressure. How they were going to get back their body, Milya had no idea, but that's a problem for them in the future. "When I get my claws on that thing," Milya growls under their breath in a voice they don't recognise, then laugh in spite of themselves as they look at the clawless paws they've now acquired.

Meanwhile, across the other side of the city, a cyan-haired imposter strode through a busy crowded marketplace, a grin over their lips as they run a claw over the brick walls, dodging out of the way of passers by that couldn't perceive this magnificent form they'd managed to snatch. Who thought that an arrancar could be so ignorant?

Last Edit: Jan 9, 2023 9:21:13 GMT -5 by Milya Ilanos

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 9, 2023 14:07:00 GMT -5

Lazarus had been reading in one of the several libraries he had frequented this month when his senses picked up on something strange in the area around him, it wasn't often that the presence of an Arrancar came into the human realm, at least not without reason. The book currently in his hands was closed, and with a few quick motions he had gathered them several scattered books into a nice little pile to the side of him, getting up and heading for the door. He had felt another presence near the arrancar, but as quickly as it had gone to the being it felt that the arrancar had left the scene. He was no expert on the race as a whole, but this was abnormal to him, knowing that if the hollow was weaker and it engaged with an evolved form it's own life would have been forfeit, nothing more than a meal.

Once outside, Lazarus walked into an alleyway to get away from any prying eyes, his body lifted into the air by a small platform of reishi under his feet. It took a moment before he realized the Arrancar in question had left the scene, and what came racing by him was what he assumed was the hollow, though it's appearance was odd, all things considered he hadn't crossed paths with many a hollow before.

"Hey! Where are you going, and why is an Arrancar here?"

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Jan 10, 2023 7:21:49 GMT -5

Damn it, they'd missed the hollow, again! Milya bitterly considered that, well, despite being a rabbit hollow at the moment, their own body was still faster. A rabbit of all things. Why couldn't it be a predator? Why couldn't Milya be back in the comfort zone of a roaring lion, or laughing hyena? And nevermind how Milya is now starting to miss the damned hunk of metal on their body's hip.

But, their attention draws away from the hollow in their skin suit for a moment as their head snaps to a human, floating on a reishi platform. His question hit their new, large ears, making them wince, then scowl at the words, at which point, the mask becomes more obvious than ever. Facial expressions, damn, Milya misses them too already. But, they ought to answer. "Ah, thank whatever diety is relevant," they say, venom in their voice, though not seemingly directed to the human, "another person. I am chasing after my body after this damned thing stole it. And, as for what I, the arrancar, was doing here, I'd heard the restaurants around here were delightful, so I was going to steal a coat to cover my hole, and go and try some human food nowadays, before this accursed creature stole my body!" A paw raises and jabs at their own chest, falling through the hollow hole before fumbling to go to the correct location. With a breath, Milya sighs, calming a little. "So, what are you doing here then? That reishi manipulation of yours is awfully impressive." 

Over in the distance, with a hop, skip and a jump, the creature piloting the arrancar body made it to the place that they knew they could best get what they wanted - the main city centre. Cars roamed leisurely across roundabouts as they hopped into the centre, feeling around for rocks in the dirt. Where to throw them, it wondered. Passers by, vehicles, windows... For now, it threw the stones from hand to hand. God, did it feel good to have hands again.

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 10, 2023 16:54:05 GMT -5

While it sounded far fetched to believe that something like this was possible, he knew of another hollow that would assimilate into the body of another, so it wasn't outside of the realm of possibility. The words held confirmation as Lazarus watched the hollow move, clearly not used to its form, and he could still sense the Arrancar body somewhere off in the distance.

"Reishi manipulation like this is nothing to write home about, anyone could do this if they practiced enough. You've caught me on a rather charitable day though, If you'll indulge me in answering some questions after we right your situation, I'll be more than happy to help get your body back."

As always, if he could get information on the Arrancar in his mind it would do well to keep him at ease, though depending on how hard this would be would depend on how many questions he asked. It was truly strange the number of hollows he had crossed paths with recently, then again when one stuck around in the human realm they were bound to get into some shenanigans. Lazarus motioned in the direction of the Arrancar's body, a single brow raised in wait for a response from the large rabbit like creature.

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Jan 11, 2023 20:04:27 GMT -5

The phrasing on this one... slippery, and careful, but in the end, he does seem like he's telling the truth. And a human who thinks reishi manipulation isn't anything to write home about is certainly interesting. And, given their reiatsu... he seems strong. So, Milya smiles, then laughs with a bitter note. "Damn I miss my facial expressions already. Yes, I'll agree to that, though I haven't the first idea as to how to get myself back into my own, wonderful, bipedal body." With a kick against the roof so they can get a feel for their new legs again, Milya launches after the creature. It took a few moments, nearly fumbling and falling off a building, but they manage to get a pace up, though it does occur to them that their actual body, with their actual reiatsu and everything, has stopped. "Make sure to keep up, strange human!"

Where indeed to hurt people, though, the hollow thought. "Maybe alternate," it says to itself, then chuckles in their new voice. Trading up into this body was a good plan, it concludes. Gripping the rocks, it throws it as if skimming it across a vast ocean. But it doesn't skim, it bounces from the grass, to the tarmac, then into the side of a car. With a swerve and a honking horn, the vehicle bashes into a lamppost, airbags launching at the passengers, smoke rising from the point of impact. The creature claps its hands together, jumping a little. "Yes, definitely alternate. Ohhh, this is fun!" A sickening grin twisting its new face.

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 12, 2023 15:47:56 GMT -5

The reishi platform under his feet would carry him at about the same pace as the hollow he would now be following, considering how the original owner of that body might have come about swapping them.

"Could be some sort of spell, or maybe its the specific ability of the hollow you crossed paths with. If I had to venture a guess it looks for stronger bodies to inhabit based on surprise attacks, in which case I could be the bait for the swap back. If you get in the way when it tries to do the body swap you might be able to get your own body back."

It was risky for sure, but it was probably an easier idea than asking the creature to give the body back, and given the sound of a car crash in the distance it had started to get a feel for it's new body.

"Worst case scenario we threaten to kill it, even if it has to go back to its original body, that's a better alternative to death. Then it can live to swap bodies another day, though I'd get it if you wanted to kill it once you get your body back."

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Jan 13, 2023 6:10:44 GMT -5

With a pause, Milya tips their head to this human. He really is full of ideas. Perhaps he knows a lot more about the spirit world than they'd originally assumed. "That... might work," Milya says slowly as the words process. The main stumbling point in their own head that's prominent is... well, they don't know this body, they feel fast, but they don't have any semblance of an idea as to how they measure up next to their actual body. They're reasonably sure that they're slow, given how disastrous they are at dodging out of danger. Usually, running into it is far easier.

Their thunderous paws slow to a halt. "If we split off, then, I can suppress my energy. If they're anything like they were in this body, they'll be fond of a little speech first. And if they're anything like I am, they will definitely be fond of a monologue."

Ahead, however, the hollow grew tired after the third skimmed rock crashes into a vehicle, the metal door crumbling as the driver swerves, crashing into the back of the second. But, all this disaster meant the roundabout was at a halt, so no more moving targets. And it's dull to torture a still prey, it's more fun when they're running. "Windows it is, then," they say softly under their breath, rooting around for more pebbles, reeling their arm backwards, but... pausing. That... is a very strong spiritual presence, headed here. Towards them. Ohh... if the strong individual is here to fight, they're doomed in this body, but... they might just be able to pull something off. They drop the pebbles, a grin coming to their new face as they rub their hand-claws together. "Ohh, this is going to be so much fun."
Last Edit: Jan 19, 2023 10:25:57 GMT -5 by Milya Ilanos

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 15, 2023 9:14:27 GMT -5

Lazarus followed suit and slowed down, listening intently while meeting the hollows gaze, as if they had known each other long enough for this kind of conversation to be normal. A small pause of his own came before he nodded, looking back in the direction of the Arrancar body as he heard the sound of what could be a car accident.

"Good to know, alright I'll head straight for it, reiatsu at top gear to keep it's attention. If you wanna take a wide arc around it while suppressed it should give enough time for the whatever speech this thing gives to allow you to get the jump on it. I'll have to change the plan a bit if you aren't there by the end of it's speech though, because if it gets my body there's no way it's going to willingly give it up."

He held off on the fact that he was actively suppressing his reiatsu to lower levels to avoid unwanted attention, but given the sense he was getting from the hollow body it might have pancaked the poor thing if he cut loose now. With a plan in place he'd start up on making his way towards the Arrancar body, waiting until he was a safe distance from the rabbit hollow to stop suppressing his reiatsu. It would sprawl out around him and cast itself outward in all directions, the sensation of it being one of having a predators eyes on you at all times. Lazarus was moving at break neck speeds at this point, zeroing in on the Arrancar's location to try and get there before more havoc was wrecked.

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Jan 19, 2023 11:16:17 GMT -5

It takes Milya a little while to hop down to ground level, first to try their best to get down safely, but just as importantly, to make sure that they didn't squish any humans on the way down. If they're going to do murder, they'll make sure it's mindful. With purpose. Moving through streets on tip toe - or rather, tip paw - they smother their own reiatsu, as uncomfortable as it felt. A bottle filled with pressure was almost the sensation, like they could burst. But, still, they took the long route to the round concrete thing where havoc was being wrought, taking slow, deep breaths. It's fine. If this gets mucked up, then they can... do something, they can co-ordinate with the human on how best to use their body. But they won't mess this up. They can't.

The being inhabiting the arrancar, however, felt no need to suppress their reiatsu. Indeed, they let it flow freely, since they had plenty to show off to this approaching creature which did, indeed, have an insane amount of energy all to himself. For now. They could have it all, even more than this measly fracción. Admittedly, this body is far stronger than its own, but that... is insane. Though it would take a while to breach. With another set of rocks, they launch another handful of rocks at a window, the beautiful sound of screams resonating through the air as smoke rises lightly in little puffs from the window. Ah, a small fire shall do nicely. But, they look up, to where the stranger approached.

"Come on, now, reveal yourself, friend!" the arrancar calls, though shudder at the new sound of their voice, "We needn't fight here! Now! Just show yourself, and we can talk!"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 19, 2023 20:13:53 GMT -5

Lazarus could hear the taunt of the hollow inhabiting the Arrancar's body, a pretty common ploy to get someone to rush in and get blindsided by the results. Once he was within range he'd slow down, the platform lowering until he could step off of it, a couple more steps would bring him within view as he walked between cars.

"I'm glad you're willing to talk this out, I'm not a fan of having to get handsy with people when they start causing problems. Now what say you drop the stones and we get to chatting, how about we start off with a simple introduction?"

He kept a calm and even tone as he spoke, his expression one of understanding, anything to get the body snatcher to lower their guard. Between the two of them it was near impossible to sense the Arrancar in rabbit form, so this was going to be a bit of a tricky thing to pull off. He donned no weapons, hands held at his sides for the time being to ensure that he didn't upset the hollow, wanting to lure him into a false sense of security as quickly as possible. He wouldn't let it slip that he knew what the creature was and had done, otherwise the jig was up.

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Jan 22, 2023 13:28:21 GMT -5

Ah, perfect, nonviolent person with an insane reiatsu, and clearly insane power, even if he wasn't willing to exert it at this time. This suited the body snatcher quite nicely. They raise one claw, dropping the rocks on the ground, each hitting the ground with a distinctive click-cla-clank. "I can agree to that," it says, "I'm not a fan of throwing hands either, so I'm glad we agree on that! Though, I must say I'm surprised that one of your kind is so strong." They pause, and lower their arms to their side again as they roll their shoulders. "You can call me... Lady Bee, or just Bee, if you'd prefer. A pleasure to meet you." Each step Bee takes echoes through the smoky streets as people run and scream. "What might your name be, mortal?"

The breath in Milya's lungs was starting to run short as they dodged around various running humans, feet pushing off the ground rhythmically against the concrete. "He still has his reiatsu blaring loudly and distractingly," they whisper to themselves, "that must mean he's still doing the distraction." They skid to a halt, looking from one alley to another. A wrong turn. Damn. Strong legs launch Milya up to the roof again, a loud thud cracking across the rooftop. Drat. That's... not good, hopefully no permanent damage there. Or irreperable. They move, slower now, across, perching to get a good view of what's happening.

Bee glances across at a loud, cracking noise, but waves her hand dismissively. It couldn't be anything too serious, most likely some panicking humans doing something stupid. They could quite relate, they used to be so... shallow of mind. But now... they had a good system. Distraction first, before they enact their first steps.

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 23, 2023 20:58:44 GMT -5

If one could look into Lazarus' mind, they'd likely see a network of branching options, not unlike the branches of a tree as it grew outward. All the possible ways to approach the conversation, each with it's own distinct tone and inflection, with foot note leaves of potential results. He was by no means a tactical genius, but he had studied and practiced for long enough that it was almost white noise in the back of his mind, an automatic process to try and achieve the best outcome possible.

"I go by Lazarus, but most people call me Lazzy for short, and the pleasure is all mine, it's not everyday one gets to meet an Arrancar."

Continuing on his path forward, Lazarus would come a handful of meters closer, standing on the opposite side of a vehicle while looking over the top of it. A good place to stay for the time being, if it was a physical contact kind of ability the hollow would have to get closer to enact it's plan. Always preparing for a worst case scenario, Lazarus could get away with a well timed hirenkyaku if he was under the impression that the swap might be happening. He hadn't taken his eyes of the body snatcher since they began speaking, wanting to not tip his hand and risk looking away at the wrong moment. Assuming that loud crack was coming from the bunny hollow body, it wouldn't be too long before they were in place, all he had to do was get the body bandit to start the process and be ready to get out of the way.

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Jan 26, 2023 7:11:08 GMT -5

A low, growling breath escapes Milya. The human, Lazarus, is good at lying, his demeanour, completely relaxed even with his power laid bare. The briefest of thoughts crossed their mind, that if he could lie to that thing - Bee, as it was calling itself - then he could be lying to them as well. Getting the body snatcher out of the way before taking them down. It would be clever, but Milya shakes their head as they creep towards the edge, seeing the carnage wreaked by their own body. If he intended to kill them from the outset, then he wouldn't have mentioned the trade of information after getting their body back. He could have just asked then and destroyed this weak body.

With a soft and quiet hop, Milya makes it down to ground level, using the cars and carnage as cover. Okay. That's a reasonable stretch to run when the move is made. If only they could remember... how it had happened.

Bee tips her head, and smiles. "Lazzy, then," she says, "what brings someone of such strength over this way then, hmm?" She folds her new arms, twirling her gaudy cyan hair. The red will suit her far better, though that vehicle could... be an interesting obstacle. Might make their method a little more obvious. But, it's worth a shot, nonetheless. Across the ground, in front of her, a shadow begins to emanate outwards, the silhouette resembling a humanoid-canine hybrid. The only place the light penetrates is a small hole, placed at the centre of the chest, though it becomes increasingly obvious that, if seen, a limb outstretches towards Lazarus.
Last Edit: Jan 26, 2023 7:11:45 GMT -5 by Milya Ilanos

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 26, 2023 19:16:04 GMT -5

The good think about maintaining such an intent gaze was the idea that said person was looking at you, a common tactic used to survey the entire area within someone's range of sight. While his eyes hadn't strayed, he would start to take notice of the shadow as it became unusually long, his peripheral vision such that it would offer him this tid bit of information. Lazarus hated his previous occupation as a soldier, but he was thankful for the talents and skills it had provided him, otherwise he might have missed the subtle changes in the shadow, like the outstretched arm. It also allowed him to see the shadow of a body moving to ground level, a safe bet as to that being the bunny hollow getting into position.

"I work around here and couldn't help but hear the commotion, wanted to see who would be bold enough to jut go on some random spree of violence. I do have to say though, I'm not a fan of how you went about it, could've done much more damage with a single cero..."

The faintest bit of reishi would gather under his feet, just enough to potentially get him out of the way, but not so much that it would show from underneath his shoes. All the while he would be fiddling with a small silver tube in his pocket, a Ginto tube used in various Quincy spells. The last bit of his sentence was more a test than anything else, if the body snatcher showed any sign of confusion, or admitted to not knowing how to fire a cero, it would give him enough reason to prompt a follow up question about how an Arrancar couldn't use a cero. The most important part of this plan, the part he didn't mention to the rabbit hollow, was that he would let loose the full weight of his reiatsu when he thought this swap was about to happen. It might hamper the rabbit hollow, but it would also hopefully trip up the Arrancar with the sudden spike, which would add to the window of escape should he need to dodge out of the way.

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Jan 29, 2023 19:46:11 GMT -5

It took a few long seconds for Lady Bee to process the words said by the strange humans, so much so that her shadow stopped dead in its tracks. A cero? Could arrancars of this level make a cero? That would be an interesting experiment, for later. But she brushes it off with a cool, calm smile and a shrug. "If I'm aiming for mindless destruction, what's the point in making it efficient?" Lifted from the ground is a small piece of rubble that Bee rolls around in her new hand-claw. "This can cause so much confusion, or distress. You only need the big guns for when you're being serious, don't you think?"

Over the way, it finally hit Milya. How it did this, it was a shadow, one that forced them out. How still escaped them. But if they could intercept the shadow, it wouldn't hit Lazarus, and it would drive them back into their own body. Hopefully. And, from the looks of the dark spread headed towards the strange human, it's already started. Shit. They brace their large, padded paws against the concrete, gritting them into the ground for a few long moments before shoving off against the ground with a loud crack of concrete.

Bee's head swivels suddenly, more in curiosity and disbelief as the sight of their previous body doesn't quite hit them. "What in the Queen's name-?!"