Bleach Hereafter RPG

Runaway B

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 29, 2023 22:16:00 GMT -5

It was the sound of the concrete cracking that gave the signal to move, and with an already prepared hirenkyaku, Lazarus would vanish from sight. In that same moment he would let loose the full weight of his reiatsu, as dense and oppressively as possible, to further throw off the body snatching hollow. The remains of his plan lay in his positioning after he would reappear, and the fact that he had all but closed off his reiatsu by suppressing it almost completely. Now hidden behind another car a handful of yards away, his power nowhere to be felt, he awaited the results of the coordinated counter attack to the attempt at his body. Though he was hidden, his senses were still on high alert for anything coming his way, making sure that if needed he could getaway as soon as possible.

It had worked out for him that the hollow had an ego, otherwise it would've been difficult to get them to wait long enough for the arrancar in bunny form to get into position. For an on the spot plan it was solid enough to work, though the results were going to come sooner rather than later, and hopefully in the way he wanted them too. Lazarus hadn't been in contact with Nezuel in some time, and if he could get any kind of update on their well being or where they might have gone, it would put him more at ease knowing than staying up wondering.

Player

Life is one hell of a stage, while death is just the final flourish

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Mar 2, 2023 8:13:51 GMT -5

The body of the arrancar gives out an ear-piercing screech, trying to reach a claw out to stop the horrific rabbit-like creature from foiling their plans, but... the prey was gone. And Bee's body, she finds, is crushed, and pushed into the ground, driving her to her knees, or the knees of this arrancar. Why is this body so weak?! Fuck! She can't stop it!

There's a quick stumble of Milya's feet as the reiatsu reigns down on it, but via sheer determination, they push forward, through the veritable ocean of reiatsu, and leap where Lazarus had just been, staring down this shadow with a grin behind this mask.

Within seconds, the darkness enveloped them, and... the pressure left. Then aching, aching of muscles hit them, and a groan. A groan they recognise as their own, their very own voice. Blinking their eyes open, Milya reached a claw up, looking at it. Then down at themselves, poking a hand through the hole in their chest, and brushing over their Las Noches uniform. A grin spreads over their lips, reaching up and feeling their face, their broken mask, their teeth- their fangs, their exposed, visible fangs. A cackle fills their lungs, as they stand, a maddened glint in their magenta eyes. "Yes," they say, "yes! That actually worked! Aha! I'm back!"

On the other side, a rabbit blinks its eyes, and looks around, looking at the car behind them. No. Nononono, they can't be back in this body. This stupid, weak body. "Fuck!" the rabbit hollow that Bee now inhabits shouts in outrage, darting her head around, trying to locate that stupid, strong human, "Reveal yourself, human! How dare you both lock me back in this fleshy prison!" Her voice cracks from the force of the shouting.
Last Edit: Mar 2, 2023 12:09:45 GMT -5 by Milya Ilanos

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Mar 3, 2023 16:14:59 GMT -5

From his position behind the vehicle Lazarus listened to the aftermath of the plan, sighing in relief knowing it had worked after all, rummaging in his pocket for a moment. He'd retrieve a couple of small silver tubes that held strange markings, another Quincy might recognize them as Ginto Tubes, but anyone else unfamiliar with the techniques would just assume it a small trinket. Standing from his spot behind the car, Lazarus would walk around it and smile at the rabbit like hollow, flicking the tube in it's direction while speaking.

"Wish I could say I was sorry for all this, but you should know not to steal from others, but I've got some business to deal with so you stay put right there okay?"

the tube itself would thrum with reishi as it activated, the once small tube now rapidly expanding and changing shape, forming a solid dome of silver around the hollow to trap it inside for the time being. With that bit being taken care of his focus would shift to the Arrancar once more, his smile still in place, though it fell just a bit as he approached.

"All right a deals a deal, I helped you get your body back, so if you wouldn't mind answering some questions for me, I'll even let you decide how to deal with the rabbit once I'm done asking questions."

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Mar 4, 2023 12:41:26 GMT -5

The sounds of protesting thrumming and bounding on the inside of the silver dome were evident, alongside the considerable slew and series of cursewords coming from the rabbit hollow containing Bee, but thus far, seems to contain them well enough.

Milya's eyes snap to the human, as they approach, taking a seat on one of the broken down, abandoned vehicles. "Yes, yes, we did have a deal," they say, leaning back on the windscreens, glancing at the machine. What a strange contraption, really, but it did make a good makeshift resting place as they get used to this arrangement of limbs again. "A series of questions. I can certainly give you answers, though I don't know how insightful they'll be." Milya draws their clawed thumb over the tattoo placed on their shoulder. "I'm not exactly high up in the Hueco Mundo pecking order. A mere fracción, some would say." After a half second of thought, Milya adds, "Though, I do have a couple of questions of my own, if you'd be willing to answer." The question of what he is was the thing most readily pressing on their mind, though Milya did also bare the suspicion that whatever was about to be asked is going to sprout a dozen more questions.

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Mar 6, 2023 16:49:04 GMT -5

Lazarus gave a slow raking gaze across the others form, not doing much to mask the coldness behind his eyes as he took in details of the Arrancar before him, cataloging anything and everything that he considered to be important.

"Fine by me, so first question, do you know an Arrancar by the name of Nezuel, and if so, have you seen them lately?"

His reiatsu was still suppressed to avoid making himself seem threatening to this hollow in particular, it didn't make much sense to intimidate someone any more than he needed too, and that last display of his power would be more than enough to hopefully deter this one from trying anything. He wasn't going to hide much from this hollow as he assumed any information would either not move far up the chain of command, or he simply wouldn't be worth a greater hollows time to look into. It wasn't like he posed any specific threat to them outside of the fact that he was a Quincy, he had no quarrel with the hollows of Hueco Mundo in general.

"Follow up question if you haven't met this hollow in person, have you heard anything about them recently?"

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Mar 10, 2023 15:02:54 GMT -5

The eyes raking over Milya didn't bother them, it's how they look at most people, and how most people in Las Noches look at them. What makes them jerk up from their position, a half snarl pressing into their expression is the name. Nezuel. How does this human know him? Why's he asking? Oh, please don't let this creature with his little gadgets be some kind of hollow hunter, indoctrinated by the shinigami or, worse, the quincies.

"Yes," they say, not quite able to keep the guttural, underlying snarl out of their voice, "I know Nezuel, and yes, I have seen him quite recently." The sound of fangs gritting together wasn't loud, but was certainly evident, as Milya lets out a slow, long breath, calming themselves at least a little. "What's it to you, human? Because if you mean him harm, I think he has higher priorities of enemies, and there's at least four people who might try and stop you. Myself included, not that I presently pose much of a threat to you."

The thudding inside the silvered dome distracts Milya for a few seconds, before refocusing on the next question, their claw curling on the metallic plate of the vessel they've sat themselves on. "As for what I've heard... wait, are you referring to Nezuel, or this thing?" they ask, indicating at the dome, "Because I can say with confidence, I've not heard anything about this creature before, though by the time I'm done with it, it will certainly be known to those in Las Noches." Indeed, a beautiful image, a fantastic scene was being set in Milya's head. Ohh, it should be fun taking this thing back to Ehtore.

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Mar 10, 2023 20:12:33 GMT -5

A curious thing, perhaps it was just in the nature of hollows to be more expressive, then again it could also be that the few he's run into over the past few weeks are just more emotional than the average hollow. Lazarus rolled the tubes in between his fingers for a bit while he listened, calm as ever in the face of what some might consider an animal baring it's fangs.

"I was in fact referring to Nezuel with that last question, and if you're one of the these apparent four individuals who might move to protect him, then I can only offer a small thanks in return. The last time I saw him I was under the impression that he was under constant attack from hollows sent by your Queen, and he was in a state of hysteria that very much concerned me."

He paused to turn around and look at the large dome keeping the hollow at bay, holding his palm up to add reishi to it's surface from a distance, the small dents and cracks that would have been appearing now fading away.

"I'm a friend of his, and I've been worried about his state of mind recently, given the last time I saw him he tried to attack me and get the Shinigami involved. So, how was Nezuel the last time you spoke with him?"

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Mar 13, 2023 11:49:09 GMT -5

Now, that information was both relieving and concerning. Another friend of Nezuel's is always good - though he must get around quite a bit to befriend all these humans. But Milya didn't quite realise that he was being constantly attacked. They hadn't even thought to inquire more in the courts about his standing. But, what matters is this human is strong, and not his enemy. And, indeed, quite helpful.

Though, hearing of him off his game is a little strange. He tended towards the calm, at least around them. A cheeky ancient child. "When I last spoke to him, he was doing quite all right," Milya says quite easily, "though we have then since convened. He got possessed. I fought him with a couple of others. He reportedly ate me. It was a thing, and it's all quite blurry. But, I am glad to hear he has another ally. Though..."

The thudding on the inside of the dome gets louder, drawing Milya's attention away for a second, before they look back at Lazarus. "My question for you, is... well, you're clearly human in some flavour or variety. But what are you? You don't seem much like the Fullbringers that I've met, your reiatsu is different." They lock their eyes onto the human, taking the time to analyse his reaction, and his words.

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Mar 14, 2023 13:59:16 GMT -5

The timeline itself was fuzzy at best, but considering the amount of time that had passed since seeing Nezuel last, it was good to know that the arrancar had been doing better as of late. This time Lazarus didn't turn around to look at the barrier, simple acknowledged it's noise and the hollow inside with a small rolling of the eyes. This was the trial by fire question though, as Quincy are a direct threat to hollows in way of destruction, though given his display of power and his benevolence up until this point, it would do well to show his lack of concern for killing hollows without good reason.

"Good deduction to notice that I'm more than just human, though I will ask that you don't jump to conclusions when I tell you I'm a Quincy. I have no quarrel with hollows in general, if nothing else I consider your kind a necessary part of the soul cycle, however unpleasant that part may be."

One of the small tubes in his palm would start to crack and fade away, it's materials and reishi used to maintain the barrier holding the rabbit hollow at bay. He'd have to wrap this up quickly if he wanted to get out of here unnoticed by any other hollows or shinigami, though he would stay long enough to answer whatever other questions this hollow had, after all they did make a deal.

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Mar 20, 2023 6:55:56 GMT -5

The tension in Milya's muscles is not well-disguised as Lazarus gives his answer, Milya's teeth gritting for a moment before his words sink in. A Quincy. They've been working with a Quincy. That is... deeply disturbing, but... the words he's saying do ring true. If he wanted to kill Milya, he could have easily dispatched both them and the bodysnatcher. So, they give a slow nod. "All right," they say, their voice unable to hide the uneasiness, "I can... accept that. Thank you for your honesty." Indeed. It made him quite the interesting character...

The thudding on the inside of the dome gets louder once more, drawing Milya's attention away once more. "Don't worry, I can take care of that thing," they say with what is clearly an attempt at a reassuring smile, but isn't succeeding particularly with the sharp fangs, "if you have things to be getting up to. What do you do, if not killing Hollows? I have heard a horror story or ten regarding your kind." They keep an eye on him, tipping their head curiously, though sliding to their feet and moving closer to the rabbit's sphere. Dang, they really want to eat it. Almost pointedly. But, realistically, justice should be brought to this.

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Mar 20, 2023 7:58:21 GMT -5

Lazarus did nothing as this arrancar moved past him and toward the sphere, smiling all the while with a bit more of a relaxed gaze. It would be difficult to explain everything that his jb entailed, but he'd do his best to wrap it up in a neat little bow.

"My job requires me to wear many different hats, depending on the situation, though you've managed to catch me in my off hours. You could consider me a detective of sorts, someone who gets sent out to investigate problems or abnormalities in the spiritual side of this realm. It does require a level of adaptability that I'd say most aren't really capable of, but it's not the worst job in the world."

He left out the parts of the job that required more morally grey means of getting what he needed, but given his honestly thus far it was something he assumed wouldn't be dug into that much, after all would it really make a difference in the grand scheme of things. Holding his palm up towards the dome, he paused a moment, looking at this new acquaintance with a raised brow.

"Anything else before I let you handle this one?"

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Mar 29, 2023 10:10:16 GMT -5

Milya puzzled for a few moments. That certainly is an unusual job. Somewhere between a hat model and a super agent, like in the odd picture books Milya had managed to see around. But, that does seem a decent profession, even if they don't fully understand it. It's certainly better than other quincies and to a lesser degree, shinigami, earning their paychecks via the murder of Milya's kind. So, that's good. It would be best to assume then that not every quincy or shinigami is employed by their respective killing organisations.

Opening their mouth for a moment, they consider their words and shut it again. Is that all? After a brief ponder, Milya speaks. "Yes, yes, I think so," they say, and smile, drawing their blade, "now, lets see what this little gremlin will do when-"

With an astounding clatter, the rabbit-like hollow bursts out, looking ready to fight, a series of colourful cursewords leaving its small mammalian mouth before it's kicked in the face by the arrancar, the mask cracking near the ear, though not altogether breaking.

"That, apparently," Milya comments, then utters some words as pinkish energies leave their palm, swirling around the stunned mammal and bursting, a sudden flash of light burning the retinas, but driving the hollow unconscious. "I must thank you again, Lazarus. And, I suppose, I may see you wearing hats - or without hats - elsewhere in the future." They pick the rabbit up, slinging it casually over their shoulder as they sheathe their blade again, giving a nod to the quincy as they snap their fingers, opening a garganta to lead them back home. Boy, was that little bodysnatching hollow going to pay for their crimes.