Bleach Hereafter RPG

Like An Atrophied Muscle

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 27, 2023 12:48:15 GMT -5

It had been a handful of weeks since his last encounter with a Shinigami, Lazarus' mind falling back to the time he had met that odd man with the smoking habit. Koshou was his name, if memory was to serve him well, a man who seemed every bit as aggressive as he led people to believe.

"I could always use some practice, wouldn't want to get rusty in an important moment, should see what he's up too..."

A few minutes and a rather long winded explanation of why he was contacting the Shinigami in the first place later, and Lazarus would find himself waiting atop a tall building, legs crossed with a bowl of noodles in his lap. The text would be simple enough at letting Koshou know he was interested in testing his power and getting some of the rust off himself in terms of fighting. There would also be a second bowl of noodles set beside him for if the man decided to indulge Lazarus in his desire to better himself, a small token of appreciation. The noodles themselves were kept in a simple garlic and pepper sauce, not the best thing to have at this hour but definitely enough to fill you up before a fight.

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Jan 27, 2023 15:40:59 GMT -5

It wouldn't be long before Koshou finds himself slipping through one of the Senkaimon along with another patrol as had become his habit of late. Still, his name was getting around in the Seireitei more as of late and often times the Kido Corp operators wouldn't hesitate to turn a blind eye to let him pass. Soon enough his senses will be leading him to Some Rooftop, Somewhere. Felt before he's seen by the superior senses of the Quincy the Shinigami will find himself hopping from rooftop to rooftop to eventually land across the span of the roof from Lazarus with as little (or as much depending on the perspective) fanfare as he usually does. The tail end of a smoke still hangs from the corner of his mouth, but the first thing the stocky man notices is the extra bowl of noodles!

"Ahh, a man who knows his way around a bribe" Koshou offers as he approaches more casually. Scooping up the bowl in stride, the man fluidly lets himself fold down into a cross-legged position so that he can face the other man as he eats. Sticks are soon snagging a trail of noodles and giving them a quick shovel into his mouth, a bare moment taken to snag the end of his cigarette and flick it over the edge of the roof, and off into the night to disappear. "So, I'm glad you reached out-" the man speaks in between bites of noodles, barely keeping the grace to speak after chewing and not while in the middle! "It's been a busy couple of weeks, but I can't lie and say I haven't been itching for a good stretch. Honestly? I don't even know how we measure .. and that's exciting."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 27, 2023 22:56:26 GMT -5

A broad smile was given in acknowledgement as he saw the ever present cigarette smoking Koshou appear on the rooftop opposite him, halving already eaten most of the noodles in his own bowl at this point.

"Glad you were eager to accept the offer, I've been stuck doing grunt work for too long, need to polish my skills before they start to dull, ad I figured you'd want to see how you measure up anyways."

Lazarus sat in much different attire than his normal work suit, in fact he was in the Shinigami outfit that he had taken from their adventure to Hueco Mundo some moons ago. There were a few notable changes made to it since then, most notable the normally flowy, almost baggy legs of the outfit were tapered back in, wrapped tight just above the ankle. Everything else had been brought in to fit his figure more, leaving a lot less material to flap about, the sleeves lengthened with whatever excess material was left. They covered his wrists nicely, the Quincy cross kept hidden from view this way, though the sleeves were left to sway in the wind they had also been brought in a bit, a pair of plain sandal's adorning his feet to complete the look.

"Well once you're done eating I suppose we'll find out, just don't think about holding back on me now!"

Tipping the bowl and his head back, Lazarus would drink down the hearty broth and whatever noodles remained before setting the bowl to the side, standing up with a content sigh as his belly was now full. Taking the moment to stretch and get ready for the match to start, his eyes fell on the horizon, watching the sun finally crest down past the landscape and allowing night to begin taking hold of the sky.

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Jan 29, 2023 6:11:32 GMT -5

As Lazarus speaks, Koshou just nods his head and works on wolfing down the bowl of noodles with a sense of professional effort. Likewise, he tips back the bowl to drain it of the broth and the last bits of noodle and floating bits from the ramen before he too sets the bowl aside and toying with the chopsticks as he stands up to turn his face toward the sunset.

"Oh, don't worry about that!" Koshou assures the other man who's dressed not so differently now from himself, letting the moments pass with a relaxing ease as the fiery orb of the sun slowly descends downward to begin sinking and disappearing below the final horizon. "If we're being entirely honest? I'm still having trouble reigning it in, and I've been meaning to get somebody to give me a fresh crash course in my Kido focus so .. we'll see how long I go before I burn out!"

The simple acceptance of the way Koshou mentions this speaks of self-awareness, and the Soul Reaper slowly dusts his hands off, before letting his off hand drop to rest comfortably on the end of his sword's hilt as is his usual resting posture. "I'd say loser buys the next noodles, but I think I'm due anyway" he jests, before turning to let his attention rest more squarely onto the Quincy.

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 29, 2023 22:06:24 GMT -5

After he took his time stretching, Lazarus would devote his full attention to the Shinigami before him, inhaling deeply before letting said breathe out low and slow against the breeze passing them by. Hands outstretched on either side, he would go about summoning his weapons of choice, the ambient reishi materializing as small beads of energy around him. As quickly as they formed, not more than a blink later, they would form into the sword and hand bow he had adorned himself with many a times before. Widening his stance, Lazarus would bend his knees, solid footing on the rooftop of the tall building, body perpendicular to his opponents.

"Then we'll leave it at loser buys the first round next time we're at a pub, simple enough."

With that said his normally passive demeanor would fall away, pupils dilating just a bit as h drowned out the world around him to better take in any and all information from Koshou. Lazarus didn't have the experience of fighting a Shinigami before, and considering the only other person he clashed blades with recently was more of the reishi draining type, it meant he had to be more careful about what kind of damage he took. Given the nature and personality he had a rough estimation of the type of fighting style that the other might exhibit, but it was all speculation until this moment in time, from here on out it would be trial by fire to see who might be the better fighting.

Initiative:

UZHGQhnn1d1001d100

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Jan 30, 2023 10:37:16 GMT -5

"Oh, well then I'm definitely in."

The comment about buying drinks only brings a bigger, more eager grin to the expression of the Soul Reaper, showing off slightly overlarge canines that dominate his grin. Koshou takes the time to do the same, stretching slowly and rotating the joints of his body from neck, to shoulders, and all the way down to his knees and ankles to limber up his muscles and tendons as he slowly takes a pace over toward the far end of the rooftop as his soon to be opponent makes himself armed and ready. Turning to face Lazarus, the man reaches into his kimono first, procuring a fresh cigarette from his ever-present pouch and tucking it at the corner of his lips before striking the accompanying match to light it. A puff or two sees the end glow brightly, and trails of blue-tinged smoke begin to wisp from the end of the smoke, and from the Shinigami's nostrils.

"I see you've taken to the shihakusho, with some personal touches to make it fit your style. I hope it serves you well" the stocky warrior offers toward the other in a moment of casual banter before his right hand drops to touch the hilt of his Zanpakuto. In the blink of an eye, the sword comes free of the scabbard, resting in Koshou's hands complete with a little flourish as he slowly shifts his dominant foot back a pace to widen his stance.

INIT: VTLBI1Sm1d100
1d100

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Jan 30, 2023 10:53:46 GMT -5

The banter doesn't last for very long from the Shinigami however, as he takes a single breath in letting the cherry of the cigarette glow fresh. Then he lets that breath go slowly, twin jets of smoke billowing from his nostrils as his chin dips to give Lazarus the barest of nods as a means of providing the signal to lay on. Koshou steps forward with a quick burst of speed and just takes a quick, slashing strike at the Quincy straight away to test at his defenses directly, the faint ambient lights of the surrounding buildings creating a dull gleam along the sword's edge. The first thing Lazarus will notice is that seeming lack of complete control over his Reiatsu does appear to extend somewhat to his overall style, purple-black crackles and arcs of electric energy kind of trailing their way along the blade as it swings leaving a burning wash of energy in its wake!

Hopping backward slightly after taking the cut, Koshou doesn't even wait to see if he's made a strike with his blow yet. He tries to re-position his sword back into something like a defensive position, narrowed eyes peering and searching across his opponents body language in search of his own insights into how this man may choose to fight. Those eyes keep careful watch on the pair of weapons he wields, realizing he'll have to be cautious against attacks coming from more than one angle. Keen eyes, and a sharp wit can detect the faint sheen of Reishi that now seems to coat the Shinigami's clothing as well.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense:

- Koshou makes a single attack!
   (Hit vs. 80 - 7 DMG)

Defense:

- Koshou uses Sekisho!

- Koshou gains 20 Armor!

At-Will:

Bonus Action: None - None | -0 reishi cost

Standard Action: Strike - Burn | -0 reishi cost

Acc - RWUf9yPM1d100+45

Dmg - 1d13

Status Chance (40%) < 1d100

ACTIVE EFFECTS

- Alacrity (+10 DEF)

- Armored (20)

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

- Alacrity (+10 Def above half HP)

- Infuse (40% Burn Chance / all Basic Strikes)

- Resolve (Recover 2 Reishi for each DMG absorbed by DR)

TECHNIQUES

- Tsukiyubi (Thrust Fingers)

SPELLS

- Bakudo #44: Sekisho

- Bakudo #07: Keikatsu

USES

- Sekisho 0/1

- Keikatsu 0/1

- Tsukiyubi 0/2

- Invigorate 0/4

- Sense 0/3

RELEASE

REIATSU: 141,000

HP: 100/100 | REISHI: 100/100 | DEF: 105 | DMG DIE: d13 | ACC: +45
1d100+45·1d13·1d100
Last Edit: Jan 30, 2023 10:55:50 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 30, 2023 12:38:01 GMT -5

The burst of speed was noted as Lazarus watched Koshou come in for a strike, small but effective for gauging an opponents reflexes and how they might react. His own blade would come in to parry the strike away, the sight hum of reishi reverberating through the air as their blades clashed for but a moment. Just as quickly as the Shinigaim had gotten in it would appear he would get back out, retreating and fortifying himself with a spell not unknown to the Quincy, something he'd witnessed before in training sessions. It was a pesky bit of defense, though if his opponents was as perceptive as he was, it would be noted that he had started this battle with such defenses already in place.

A plethora of options lay at his beck and call, though to start simply would be best, so he would go for something basic to test the waters. Lazarus would give chase to the other now standing defensively, blade poised in a thrusting fashion, though the actual intent behind the motion would be found out in just a moment. It would be subtle at first, the reishi already around his hands from the blade itself, but as he closed the distance and aimed a thrust towards the chest, his true actions would reveal themselves. The thrust itself would aim to come up just short of striking true, this was done with the express intent t see if Koshou would reflexively step back, a feint for the purpose of hiding the charged up electrical spell prepared as he closed the distance. From both the tip of his index finger and the tip of his blade came two thin beads of lightning like energy, crackling as they shot forth at their owners silent command, wanting to be rid of the bolstered defenses of his opponent as quickly as possible.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Gain 3 Reishi at End of Turn
Lazarus Starts Battle with 10 Armor
Guard to reduce incoming Damage to 0
Byakurai- 
Acc-136, if Hit 14 Dmg
Byakurai-
Acc- 80, Miss

At-Will:

Bonus Action:
GUARD
Type: Defense
Action: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: You gain 10 DR on your turn against all opponents. (Remember DR subtracts from total damage taken per attacker on a turn, not from each attack they make.)
Cost: 4 Reishi
Limit: Once per turn.

Standard Action:
HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI (PALE LIGHTNING)
Type: Basic Attack
Action: Standard Action
Damage: Roll 2 damage dice.
Effects: None
Cost: 5 Reishi

Acc- urvkH_6H1d100+45

Dmg- 2d10

Standard Action: Attack Name - Effects | -0 reishi cost

Acc- 1d100+45

Dmg- 2d10

CLASS
Caster: Healer

TRAITS

EFFICIENCY

Prerequisite: Focus Skill of 45

Activate: None (Passive)

Effect: Your Basic Techs &amp; Spells cost -1 less Reishi | Standard Techs &amp; Spells cost -2 less Reishi | Release, Advanced, &amp; Forbidden Techs/Spells cost -3 less Reishi. The minimum cost for any Tech or Spell (whose base cost is not already 0) is 1 Reishi.

ENDURE

Prerequisite: Resilience Skill of 30

Effect: Start each combat thread with +10 Armor.

INDOMITABLE

Prerequisite: Resilience Skill of 45

Effect: After accounting for armor reduction and any other damage negations or reductions, you negate 25% of the total summed up damage of all attacks that would hit you and reduce your HP. (Halve the summed up damage, then halve it again, then round up to the nearest whole number.)

REMEDY

Prerequisite: None

Effect: Whenever you use a technique that gives a target ally HP, you and the ally gain 50% of the initial amount as bonus HP (rounded up to nearest whole number). For example, if you heal someone for 30 HP, you both gain 15 bonus HP.

Limit: Indefinite

CLEVERNESS

Effect: You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

TALENTED

Activate: At-Will

Effect: As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it. Cannot be used on Release Techs. You cannot use Talented on a technique that already has bonus uses provided by a Class Perk or other ability such as Strategist's Prepared or Shadow's Honed Senses. You can only use Talented on a technique which hasn't been given an extra use by any other means.

Limit: Once per battle.

TECHNIQUES

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)

You move at great speed to avoid an attack, leaving an afterimage which can appear to have taken damage.

Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.

Cost: 10 Reishi

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

You absorb spirit particles from foes that are attacking you, using it to replenish your own Reishi.

Type: Utility

Activate: At-Will - Reactive

Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.

Cost: None

Limit: Three times per battle.

GINTŌ

Small containers which Quincy use to store their Reishi. They are utilized as components in Quincy spellcasting, resembling Kidō.

Action: Bonus Action / At-Will

Effect: As a bonus action you activate Gintō. As an at-will action, you can use one of the following per turn. Can only use one of each effect per battle.

HEIZEN: Make an attack with a +30 accuracy modifier that deals 2d12 damage to one foe.

GRITZ: You create a dome around your foe of choice. They cannot escape or attack you unless they break the dome. No one can enter it while it's activated and no one can attack the foe within. The dome has 20 HP. The dome can be attacked directly to break it. Cannot be used to interrupt or defend against attacks.

WOLKE: Regain 10 lost HP or gain 10 armor to defend against attacks.

SPRENGER: You make an area attack that deals 3d6 direct damage to all foes.

Cost: 20 Reishi

SPELLS

BAKUDŌ #11: TSUZURI RAIDEN (BOUND LIGHTNING)

You generate an electric current through any object you touch, which damages anything or anyone which is in contact with the object the current runs through.

Activate: Bonus Action - Reactive

Effect: As a bonus action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Deal 3 direct damage back to the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack. This damage bypasses all DR.

Limit: Twice per battle.

BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK)

You direct your hands toward your target. An icy breeze littered with sleet rushes towards them. On contact, the sleet freezes that part of the body and can render an opponent completely immobile.

Activate: Bonus Action

Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. If Cripple is successful, also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Cost: 5 Reishi.

BAKUDŌ #14: SHIMOKU (PURPLE TREE)

Your hands are covered in purple Reishi. Your very touch desecrates with insipid poison and virulent decay.

Action: Bonus Action

Effect: As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration. You must designate which status at the beginning of combat. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Duration: 5 turns.

BAKUDŌ #44: SEKISHO (BARRIER)

You create a fast-forming energy wall against fairly strong attacks.

Effect: You gain 20 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.

Duration: Until the 20 Armor is gone.

BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL)

With a gentle touch you mend flesh and knit bone with your own Reishi.

Effect: As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade. This is considered a Healing Technique

Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Limit: Once per target.

BAKUDŌ #6: KIYOMERU (CLEANSE)

This spell uses reishi to burn through negative effects on you or an ally.

Effect: As a bonus action remove a single stack of one non-special status effect on yourself or an ally.

Cost: 5 reishi

Limit: None.

BAKUDŌ #52: GENSHITSU (PHANTOM PAIN)

You attach an invisible chain between you and your enemy, causing them to share the same wounds you receive.

Effect: As bonus action you can inflict all of the non-special status effects you currently suffer from onto a foe of choice. Inherits the exact duration and other modifiers added to the status effect. It is automatically inflicted, no chance roll necessary. You cannot use Phantom Pain in response to a foe's use of Phantom Pain to then send those status effects back to them.

RELEASE

1st Release:

Focus +5

Attack:

Gae Bolg

SINGLE: Standard Action. Rolls 4 damage dice against one target. Chance to inflict a minor effect. 20 Reishi.

PIERCING: On successful hit, this technique deals status damage equal to the lowest rolled damage die.

WOUND: 50% chance to Wound target.

Tech:

BLEED

Your release allows you to recover by absorbing the vital essence of foes through the damage of your attacks.

Action: At-Will

Effect: As an at-will action, 50% of the total HP damage you inflict with basic attacks (and/or 25% of the total HP damage of advanced/release attacks) this turn is recovered as healing at the beginning of your next turn. HP gained is added before any reductions from a foe’s attack damage. This is considered a Healing Technique.

Limit: 3 times per battle.

Enhancement:

REBOUNDING

Effect: As a passive effect, while released and below half of your total HP, you regain +3 HP at the end of each turn. Additionally, reduce the cost to maintain your release by -1 Reishi while below half HP.

Limit: Indefinite.

REIATSU: 234,000

HP: 140/140 | REISHI: 199/210 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45

1d100=45·2d10·1d100=45·2d10
Last Edit: Jan 30, 2023 12:43:02 GMT -5 by Lazarus Jeager

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Jan 30, 2023 15:04:36 GMT -5

Koshou tries his best to watch the Quincy carefully, smiling to himself as he finds no trace of a strike against the other man and gives himself a quick, curt nod. Then Lazarus is moving forward, closing the distance even as he's still setting his feet into that defensive stance. His back foot does shift back a little further, but there's no moving backward from this Soul Reaper, quite the opposite. He shifts his blade at the last moment, the first bolt of lightning-like energy flying just a hair wide, raising the small fuzz along his chin and jawline. The second meets the edge of his sword as he holds his defense without giving ground. The blast hits him, but also splits against the cutting edge of the Zanpakuto and the sword seems to soak up that electricity and captures it, letting it coil around his blade like a super-conductor.

The slight wince that comes across Koshou's face is the only tell that some of the blast comes through, but there's no sense of worrying about that, as the Soul Reaper shifts the edge of his sword forward with pushing force hoping to get just enough distance between them to return the favour. There does seem to be just a hint of the Shinigami sensing the energies of the Quincy as they move so close together. With a sudden swing of his blade, Koshou is pushing that energy right back at Lazarus, the slash not only swinging toward him with intent but it flings that lightning right back at him in addition, in a vicious combination of frontal attacks.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense:

- Koshou makes a strike! (ACC 115 - 2 DMG)

- Koshou attacks with Byakurai! ( ACC 87 - 21 DMG + Burn[2] )

Defense:

- Guards for 10 DR!

- Takes 4 DMG vs. Armor

At-Will: Focus Energy - Acc +15 | -10 reishi cost

Enhanced: +15% to inflict Non-Special Status

At-Will: Sense - Acc/Def +5 | -0 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Guard - Resolve | -5 reishi cost

(Resolve gains 20 Reishi)

Acc - On3|aQbn1d100+65

Dmg - 1d13

Status Chance (55%) < 1d100

Standard Action: Byakurai - Burn | -10 reishi cost

Acc - 1d100+65

Dmg - 2d13

Status Chance (55%) < 1d100

ACTIVE EFFECTS

- Alacrity (+10 DEF)

- Armored (16)

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

SPELLS

USES

- Sekisho 0/1

- Keikatsu 1/1

- Tsukiyubi 2/2

- Invigorate 4/4

- Sense 2/3

RELEASE

HP: 100/100 | REISHI: 95/100 | DEF: 105 | DMG DIE: d13 | ACC: +45
1d100+65·1d13·1d100·1d100+65·2d13·1d100
Last Edit: Jan 30, 2023 15:07:29 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 30, 2023 15:32:59 GMT -5

This was a vastly different experience to the fights he'd had previously with the Arrancar known as Nezuel, always on the offensive trying to whittle the other down before his reishi was bled dry. In stark contrast tot his fight in which there was a more intimate ebb and flow, a back and forth that allowed for a more high paced level of combat. Seeing one of the attacks strike true was good, however it was muddied by the blade and looked to be held in some sort of way or another. The counter attack would come swiftly, and much to his surprise it held a two pronged attack not unlike his own.

Too avoidthe brunt of the attack, the electricity to be exact, Lazarus would be forced to use hirenkyaku to speed himself up to the point he would be able to move out of the way of said lightning. Unfortunately he could feel the blade scrape against the edges of the thin membrane like barrier he had over himself. Not enough to fully get rid of it, but it meant being that much closer to taking damage to his actual person, something he wasn't too keen on if he could help it. Given the close nature of the fight so far he opted for another fake out, a flourish of the blade and a raising of it to draw attention. Mean while from his hand bow a volley of two electrified arrows would be shot in rapid succession, one aimed at each thigh for optimal damage if they managed to connect.

COMBAT TRACKER

HSM adding 15 to defense making it 95.
Strike hits, 2 Dmg to Armor (10 to 8)
Byakurai Misses
Gain 3 Reishi at End of Turn

Byakurai-
Acc- 72, Miss
Byakurai-
Acc- 105, if Hit 11 Dmg

At-Will: 

Bonus Action:

RAPID MOVEMENT (SHUNPO / SONIDO / HIRENKYAKU / BRINGER LIGHT)

You use your Reishi to enhance your speed and allow yourself to escape attacks easier.

Effect: You gain +15 Defense against all attacks targeting you this turn. Considered a Movement Technique.

Cost: 9 Reishi

Limit: Once per turn.

Standard Action: 

You fire a bolt of white lightning from the fingertip.

Cost: 5
Acc- UtBsRyGl1d100+45
Dmg- 2d10

Standard Action: 

Cost: 5
Acc- 1d100+45

Dmg- 2d10

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Armor - 8
CLASS

TRAITS

EFFICIENCY

Effect: Your Basic Techs &amp; Spells cost -1 less Reishi | Standard Techs &amp; Spells cost -2 less Reishi | Release, Advanced, &amp; Forbidden Techs/Spells cost -3 less Reishi. The minimum cost for any Tech or Spell (whose base cost is not already 0) is 1 Reishi.

ENDURE

INDOMITABLE

Effect: After accounting for armor reduction and any other damage negations or reductions, you negate 25% of the total summed up damage of all attacks that would hit you and reduce your HP. (Halve the summed up damage, then halve it again, then round up to the nearest whole number.)

REMEDY

Effect: Whenever you use a technique that gives a target ally HP, you and the ally gain 50% of the initial amount as bonus HP (rounded up to nearest whole number). For example, if you heal someone for 30 HP, you both gain 15 bonus HP.

CLEVERNESS

Effect: You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

TALENTED

Effect: As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it. Cannot be used on Release Techs. You cannot use Talented on a technique that already has bonus uses provided by a Class Perk or other ability such as Strategist's Prepared or Shadow's Honed Senses. You can only use Talented on a technique which hasn't been given an extra use by any other means.

TECHNIQUES

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)

You move at great speed to avoid an attack, leaving an afterimage which can appear to have taken damage.

Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

You absorb spirit particles from foes that are attacking you, using it to replenish your own Reishi.

Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.

GINTŌ

Small containers which Quincy use to store their Reishi. They are utilized as components in Quincy spellcasting, resembling Kidō.

Effect: As a bonus action you activate Gintō. As an at-will action, you can use one of the following per turn. Can only use one of each effect per battle.

HEIZEN: Make an attack with a +30 accuracy modifier that deals 2d12 damage to one foe.

GRITZ: You create a dome around your foe of choice. They cannot escape or attack you unless they break the dome. No one can enter it while it's activated and no one can attack the foe within. The dome has 20 HP. The dome can be attacked directly to break it. Cannot be used to interrupt or defend against attacks.

SPELLS

You generate an electric current through any object you touch, which damages anything or anyone which is in contact with the object the current runs through.

Effect: As a bonus action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Deal 3 direct damage back to the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack. This damage bypasses all DR.

You direct your hands toward your target. An icy breeze littered with sleet rushes towards them. On contact, the sleet freezes that part of the body and can render an opponent completely immobile.

Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. If Cripple is successful, also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Your hands are covered in purple Reishi. Your very touch desecrates with insipid poison and virulent decay.

Effect: As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration. You must designate which status at the beginning of combat. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: You gain 20 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.

Effect: As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade. This is considered a Healing Technique

Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: As a bonus action remove a single stack of one non-special status effect on yourself or an ally.

You attach an invisible chain between you and your enemy, causing them to share the same wounds you receive.

Effect: As bonus action you can inflict all of the non-special status effects you currently suffer from onto a foe of choice. Inherits the exact duration and other modifiers added to the status effect. It is automatically inflicted, no chance roll necessary. You cannot use Phantom Pain in response to a foe's use of Phantom Pain to then send those status effects back to them.

RELEASE

1st Release:

Focus +5

Attack:

Gae Bolg

SINGLE: Standard Action. Rolls 4 damage dice against one target. Chance to inflict a minor effect. 20 Reishi.

PIERCING: On successful hit, this technique deals status damage equal to the lowest rolled damage die.

Tech:

BLEED

Your release allows you to recover by absorbing the vital essence of foes through the damage of your attacks.

Effect: As an at-will action, 50% of the total HP damage you inflict with basic attacks (and/or 25% of the total HP damage of advanced/release attacks) this turn is recovered as healing at the beginning of your next turn. HP gained is added before any reductions from a foe’s attack damage. This is considered a Healing Technique.

Enhancement:

REBOUNDING

Effect: As a passive effect, while released and below half of your total HP, you regain +3 HP at the end of each turn. Additionally, reduce the cost to maintain your release by -1 Reishi while below half HP.

HP: 140/140 | REISHI: 183/210 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45

1d100+45·2d10·1d100+45·2d10
Last Edit: Jan 30, 2023 15:34:54 GMT -5 by Lazarus Jeager

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Jan 31, 2023 10:28:37 GMT -5

The flourish of the blade made of spiritual energy brings a faint smile to Koshou's face, as his eyes cut off to the side, seeming to have caught wind of Lazarus' tactic this time. As the arrows come flashing in while the Quincy looks to break a bit of distance between them again for the shots, the Soul Reaper is prepared to react as he disappears from sight at the last moment to the faint sound of air being displaced from the space just behind the other man like a soft 'pop'. The faintly acrid smell of turkish tobacco gives the hint of warning as Koshou slides into position behind the redhead and his sword moves to flash with shallow, vicious strikes that seem designed if anything to wound. Once again, it seems like the man isn't so much worried about landing strong or solid blows against the other combatant as long as they land. That fluctuating reishi that's always bleeding off of Koshou in various ebbs and flows of his overall fervor wreaths the sword as it slices and flashes leaving behind those trails of electricity that are just as dangerous as the blade itself. "Fool me once, buddy! Hah!"

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense:

- Koshou attacks with a Blitz of attacks!
 1: Hit vs. 140 (8 DMG)
 2: Hit vs. 89   (9 DMG)
 3: Hit vs. 137 (11 DMG)

Defense:
- Koshou uses Sense to avoid!

At-Will: Blitz - Make 2 Strikes | -0 reishi cost

Acc - yfD9sbYv1d100+50

Dmg - 1d13

Acc - 1d100+50

Dmg - 1d13

Acc - 1d100+50

Dmg - 1d13

ACTIVE EFFECTS

- Alacrity (+10 DEF)

- Armored (16)

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

SPELLS

USES
- Sekisho 0/1
- Keikatsu 1/1
- Tsukiyubi 2/2
- Invigorate 4/4
- Sense 1/3
- Blitz 2/3

RELEASE

HP: 100/100 | REISHI: 95/100 | DEF: 105 | DMG DIE: d13 | ACC: +45

1d100+50·1d13·1d100+50·1d13·1d100·1d100·1d100+50·1d13·1d100
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2023 10:32:15 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 31, 2023 15:28:35 GMT -5

His senses caught on just a touch too late, and as he turned on his heels to try and meet the Shinigami three consecutive flashes of steel would befall him. The first simply scraped along that reishi membrane, though it did enough damage to render it useless, particles falling all around him as the small barrier faded away. the second and third swing would strike true, small beads of blood left in a sort of trail behind the blade with each hit, though the blade itself didn't dig as deep as it maybe should have.

Lazarus didn't bother to close the distance this time, knowing that at this range it'd be much harder to deal with a spell or two point blank. A small pause fell between the strikes and his own attacks, the brief window allowing for reishi to charge up on the edge of his blade, the only indicator as to where the attack might be coming from. He would also expand his senses t get a reading on the others reiatsu signature, a better means of tracking him if the eyes couldn't follow, making it just a touch easier to make his attack strike true. If Koshou was paying attention to the reactions of Lazarus, he'd likely notice that there was no response to the pain inflicted by the blade, where as some people flinch away or stop at the sensation of pain, he did nothing of the sort. His attack came in the form of an upward slash form his blade, that same electricity sparking and crackling as a wave of it would come off the blade, aimed straight at the opponent in front of him. The other side of his straight sword would fire another wave of the electricity, though it was apparent that he didn't need to swing the blade back down to do so.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

All 3 Strikes Hit! (First Blood!)
Armor to 0
Lazarus takes 15 Damage, 20 reduced by 5 due to Indomitable
Sense to gain +5 to Accuracy
Focus Energy +15 Accuracy
Byakurai- 
Acc- 110, if Hit 15 Damage
Byakurai-
Acc- 92, Miss!
+3 Reishi at end of turn

At-Will:

SENSE

You focus your own Reishi to reach out and feel the spiritual energy of others around you.

Action: Reactive At-Will

Effect: You gain +5 Defense versus all attacks targeting you this turn; additionally, you gain +5 Accuracy with all attacks used this turn.

Bonus Action: 

FOCUS ENERGY

You infuse extra reishi into an attack, boosting its potency right before you strike.

Effect: Increase your Accuracy with Attacks on this turn by +15. A focused attack cannot have its damage negated by Guard.

Cost: 9 Reishi

Limit: None

Standard Action: 

Acc - 4WBHQu5r1d100+65

Dmg - 2d10

Standard Action: 

Acc - 1d100+65
Dmg - 2d10

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS

TRAITS

EFFICIENCY

ENDURE

INDOMITABLE

REMEDY

CLEVERNESS

TALENTED

TECHNIQUES

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

GINTŌ

Sense (2/3)

SPELLS

RELEASE

1st Release:

Focus +5

Attack:

Gae Bolg

Tech:

BLEED

Enhancement:

REBOUNDING

HP: 125/140 | REISHI: 167/210 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45

1d100+65·2d10·1d100+65·2d10
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2023 15:30:20 GMT -5 by Lazarus Jeager

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 1, 2023 11:05:56 GMT -5

Once again, that natural battle instinct seems to serve the Soul Reaper well. Even as the blade comes upward, Koshou is turning his own to deflect the strike and send the discharge of energy off wide. A crackle of lightning goes sizzling across his cheek, leaving a faint burn mark but nothing more that lights up his features while it passes. That flash reveals the slightly frenzied fervor that shines in the man's eyes, that lopsided grin that's as feral as is it human - and that cigarette still glowing dully as it dangles precariously from the corner of his mouth. In that instant, the two of them are at crossed swords each of their strength pushing at the other's with the subtle shifting back and forth that comes from the contest of wills. Then with a grunt, the Shinigami is pushing with more force at Lazarus to try and shove him backward or at least provide enough resistance to push himself backward and create space between them once more. He can't help but to give a flicker of his blade, a grazing slash that tests at the Quincy's defense even while he's on the move back out again.

"C'mon, Laz! There's no need to hold it back. I ain't gonna hate you, if you make me bleed!"

The words are taunting in their way, but they're also encouraging and don't carry that needling tone or attitude that might normally come with an insult. Instead, the other warrior seems to be trying to get the redhead to open himself up a little and put on the proverbial gas! To further highlight that, he effects a quick pose as he lands a few paces back from Lazarus, ready for them to clash together again at a moment's notice.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense:
 - Koshou make an attack! (Hit vs. 117 = 3 DMG)

Defense:
 - Koshou uses sense!

Acc - fgbbQX|m1d100+50

Dmg - 1d13

Acc -

Dmg -

Status Chance (00%) <

ACTIVE EFFECTS

- Alacrity (+10 DEF)

- Armored (16)

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

SPELLS

USES

- Sekisho 0/1

- Keikatsu 1/1

- Tsukiyubi 2/2

- Invigorate 4/4

- Sense 0/3

- Blitz 2/3

RELEASE

HP: 100/100 | REISHI: 95/100 | DEF: 105 | DMG DIE: d13 | ACC: +45
1d100+50·1d13·1d100
Last Edit: Feb 1, 2023 11:07:39 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Feb 1, 2023 16:55:07 GMT -5

In terms of raw physical power it felt close to the same, though given his lack of constant physical combat he faltered a bit against the force Koshou bared down on him with. Lazarus would be forced to take a step back, and in that moment it would appear his opponent would capitalize on it, the tip of the blade passing a glancing blow across his shoulder. The words rattled around in his head for a handful of moments, ultimately deciding on how to proceed given the green light to be more aggressive.

"I do have something I've been working on, feel free to let me know what you think about it!"

He'd heft the reishi blade up and over his shoulder, taking a spearman's stance as the blade grew longer and more like a polearm, hurling it towards the shinigami with a small grunt of his own. After it left his fingers said hand would reach into his pocket, pulling out a small handful of silver tubes, each one giving off the sense of highly condensed reishi. Dashing forward, Lazarus would toss out three of them, muttering something under his breathe to activate them. Once done the three small bullet size tubes would erupt with volatile reishi, all for the sake of trying to get through that fortification. Having close the distance quickly, Lazarus would bring his arm up to swing, another reishi blade forming in his palm as he did so, a low to the ground crouch with an upward swing. If he could land a few clean blows it would mean gaining the ability to use more spells, but he also knew that the barrier like reishi would make said spells useless for their intended purpose.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Strike Hit, 2 Damage, 3 Reduced to 2 Thanks to Indomitable!
Lazarus activates Ginto
Lazarus uses Sprenger
Lazarus Strikes 2 times
+3 Reishi at End of Turn
Strike-
Acc- 105
10 Dmg

Strike-
Acc- 103, Miss!

Sprenger-
Acc- 144, Crit Hit!
12 Damage (9 + 3 from Crit)

At-Will: Technique

Acc- qmE|gWJu1d100+45
Dmg- 3d6

Bonus Action: 
GINTŌ

Cost: 17 Reishi

Standard Action:
STRIKE

You unleash a single powerful physical attack or a flurry of quick strikes.

Damage: Roll 1 damage dice.

Acc - 1d100+45

Dmg - 1d10

Standard Action: 
STRIKE

You unleash a single powerful physical attack or a flurry of quick strikes.

Damage: Roll 1 damage dice.

Acc - 1d100+45
Dmg - 1d10

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS

TRAITS

EFFICIENCY

ENDURE

INDOMITABLE

REMEDY

CLEVERNESS

TALENTED

TECHNIQUES

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

GINTŌ

SPELLS

RELEASE

1st Release:

Focus +5

Attack:

Gae Bolg

Tech:

BLEED

Enhancement:

REBOUNDING

HP: 123/140 | REISHI: 153/210 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45

1d100+45·3d6·1d100+45·1d10·1d100+45·1d10
Last Edit: Feb 1, 2023 17:01:50 GMT -5 by Lazarus Jeager

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 3, 2023 18:23:02 GMT -5

Well this is new ...

Koshou only has a few moments to think to himself as he sees the small canisters go flying every which way. Then Lazarus of elongating that weapon into a spear and tossing it at him, following up with another attack behind it as well. Without thinking, the Soul Reaper simply lets his reflexes kick in, shifting at high speed off to the side to avoid the attacks as they come blasting through and narrowly avoiding the heavier blow of that spear. He realizes too late that the little vials aren't just for distraction though, having flash stepped directly into prime position as the Quincy lets loose the new reishi attack. Suddenly, Koshou is bombarded with blasts from every side, his sword unable to come up in time to catch his guard!

The blasts kick up a cloud of dust and debris from the rooftop, not much in the way of things, but between that and the bits of smoke from the reishi releases - it's enough cover for the Shinigami to try and recover with a surprise attack. Coming from the partial obfuscation of the aftermath of the area blast, Koshou tries to dart forward toward the Quincy with another couple of quick strikes that trail unstable energy behind them.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense:

- Koshou makes 2 Attacks!
  1: True Crit! - 4 DMG 1 Status DMG 2 stacks Burn
  2: Hit vs. 96 - 5 DMG

Defense:

- Takes 9 DMG vs. Armor

At-Will: None - None | -0 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Shunpo - +15 DEF | -10 reishi cost

Acc - 1dovoXyq1d100+45

Dmg - 1d13

Acc - 1d100+45

Dmg - 1d13

ACTIVE EFFECTS

- Alacrity (+10 DEF)

- Armored (7)

CLASS

- Prodigy

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

SPELLS

USES

- Sekisho 0/1

- Keikatsu 1/1

- Tsukiyubi 2/2

- Invigorate 4/4

- Sense 0/3

- Blitz 2/3