Bleach Hereafter RPG

Old Business [Bosake Sachio]

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 1, 2023 16:51:25 GMT -5

HUNTING SEASON

Type: Destroy (PvE) (Repeatable)

Level: 1

Description: Locate and eliminate a den of rogue Shinigami in the outskirts of Rukongai.

• Destroy their base.
  • Defeat at least 2 waves of NPC enemies.
  • Defeat their leader.

Koshou took a look at the scroll in his hand, for perhaps the seventh or eighth time. Starting from the top, the stocky-shouldered man read slowly as his eyes scan each line to read it carefully and without skimming through as he normally might. The thin trail of smoke wisps past the features of his face, some ash choosing to fall away from the end of the cigarette that's hanging from the corner of his mouth almost forgotten as the man reads. After taking another pass or two over the missive he'd been given, the man finally puts it down and lets loose a soft sigh that finally sees him purse his lips enough to brighten up the cherry of his smoke and puff it back to life. "Kyuri, what have you gotten me into?"

Rapping his knuckles against the small wooden desk that's one of only three pieces of simple 'furniture' in the space that accounts as Koshou's room in the squad eleven barracks. After another moment or two, he nods to himself and stands. Pushing himself away from the desk, he's soon off to find one of the runners assigned to their division so that he can get a pair of messages sent out. That taken care of, it won't be long again until Koshou finds himself sitting outside the training dojo for Eleven, sitting atop the shallow wooden steps that lead up to its doors as he enjoys a fresh cigarette while he waits. Bosake and Sachio did well together, before. They should be enough, just in case.
Last Edit: Feb 1, 2023 16:52:55 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Feb 2, 2023 2:28:39 GMT -5

Although still very much wet behind the ears, the large shinigami was far from the fresh recruit he was not too long ago. He had long since become accustomed to the long stares and directed whispers that proceeded him in and out of various rooms mostly due to his height, stature, and the mystery surrounding his mask. Bosake certainly stood out since the first day he had arrived at the 7th, however, the murmurs and rumblings were different now. His name was slowly beginning to catch the attention of prominent figures within the Seireitei.

One such prominent figure was Koshou, a rather popular shinigami for probably more than a few reasons. Bosake had been on his radar since their first spar in the outskirts, and as he continued to be summoned more and more for special duties, the lore of the giant amongst his comrades slowly grew. This particular time, the dossier message that was delivered enlisted him to assist Koshou on a mission. The details were vague, but the overall gist seemed rather straight forward.

The special trip to the 11th division was a new undertaking as the giant soul reaper had never been. He assumed that it was unordinary for non-division members to walk through as Bosake met the gaze of several intense 11th division soul reapers as he made his way to the compounds dojo. He imagined that one wrong look or comment could earn him a battle that he truly had no interest in. Sitting on the steps he found Koshou with his usual cigarette, seeming perhaps a bit bothered by something.

“I received your message. I assume Sachio will be joining us shortly, perhaps then we can debrief.” Bosake said, getting straight to brass tacks as the mood seemed to be rather serious. Whatever this mission entailed it seemed like more than just an average objective, there was potentially more than just the obvious.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Feb 5, 2023 0:12:21 GMT -5

Sachio had found some shaky footing within the 6th division, and the story of the underqualified officer was starting to gain traction within the Seireitei. While the rumors spreading were still those of how he didn't seem to meet the qualifications of experience or power, there were other rumors too. The channels of the Miura family had gathered that the men within the 6th were gaining respect for Sachio as they interacted with him in the field.

He was decisive, and cared for his men while following the rules of engagement to the letter. Sachio was starting to seem like officer material. Senma was displeased at Sachio's meager success, but their father was pleased thus far. If he could keep it up and achieve Shikai then he could right the ship so to speak.

Part of keeping up a positive reputation was taking on additional duties for the squad and the good of
Seireitei.

Koushou, a contact within the 11th division, had asked him and Bosake to provide assistance with a mission, and so, with permission from his captain to participate in this joint squad, Sachio set forth. He was certain it would be something difficult if Koshou was in need of their assistance.

3rd seat Miura reporting. What is the situation? Sachio arrived with a flash step and would attempt to make an assessment of the task before them. his scarf fluttering as he came to an abrupt stop before the 11th division dojo.

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 5, 2023 21:54:13 GMT -5

The looks that Bosake seems to grab from those others that loiter about during the later hours here in the Division Eleven barracks only seem to subside somewhat as Koshou offers a greeting to the man from somewhat afar being able to see him coming so easily. That size really helps him to stand out and from there, those looks of speculation take on lives of their own. Koshou's face is wreathed by the trails of smoke from his cigarette, which he proceeds to flick off into the distance as the giant of a man approaches. Soon after, the arrival of Sachio would indicate that everything was falling into place.

"Evening, Six. Bosake." Koshou's words are muffled, the man already plucking a new cigarette from their pouch home and popping it in between his lips at the corner of his mouth. "Recently, I took a trip out to the deep districts in West rukon ... a trip home of sorts. Long story short there, it's come to my attention that some people I knew once have started making enough trouble out there that it needs to get taken care of." He pauses a moment, before glancing between Bosake and Sachio each with a level gaze. "Since it's partly my fault they're a problem, I've decided to take care of it." That brings a frown to the man's face but he quickly shoves it aside. "A story for another time if you want to hear it, but sometime when we're not on more important business. I'm expecting no more than a dozen, but it could be less. Most of them will have had some Academy training, though most of them won't be armed with anything more than natural steel. Any specific questions?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Feb 6, 2023 0:48:57 GMT -5

Sachio’s flash step arrival nearly caught the giant off guard as the scarfed officers speed was impressive as always. Moreover, his arrival was only moments after the large shinigami’s assumptions of his whereabouts, making the masked recruit seem partially psychic if nothing else. With everyone finally in attendance Koshou restocked his cigarette and commenced with a brief pleasantry to them both. The synopsis revolved around the deep districts to the north, well beyond the premises of the Black Ridge Gate.

While this mission was to be taking place on the opposite side of the 7th’s jurisdiction and into that of the 3rd’s, Bosake's knowledge of that area would be minimal in comparison to that of the southern districts. In spite of this the large shinigami assumed Koshou would be their guide due to whatever vague past that has now come back to haunt him. The task seemed pretty straight forward in terms of confronting a dozen or so targets in order to clear whatever trouble the group had been causing.

“What exactly is the trouble that they have been causing? And do our group of targets have a name?” Bosake inquired, taking Koshou up on a couple of specific questions. The heavy soul reaper imagined it best to know exactly what they were preventing and from whom in order to be most effective.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Feb 6, 2023 21:49:10 GMT -5

Sachio clicked his tongue at the nickname, but didn't let it distract him from listening to the mission details.

There wasn't much more they needed to know besides the location. Situations like this could be quite simple or quite difficult. The skill level of the opponents was important, but more important was the site they would find them inhabiting. Sachio would prepare his questions and tag them onto Bosake's.

I've three questions. One, are they expecting us? Two, are they likely to all be in a specific location, and if so what are the specifications of the battlefield. Three, Is this a mission that the 11th division has taken with permission from the 3rd division or is this a personal matter. Sachio's eyes pierced Koshou as he asked the last question. To Sachio, it seemed like Koshou had enlisted them to help settle a personal matter.

That didn't mean that he wouldn't help, but he did want to know what he was getting himself into. An official mission could warrant backup, but a personal endeavor meant that they were on their own.

Sachio would always be willing to clean up the soul society. To him it was all part of becoming the perfect soul reaper, but he didn't want to step on anyone's jurisdiction with reckless abandon. He didn't need more enemies than he already had.

Maybe Koshou had been on the straight and narrow, or maybe he was expecting Sachio's authority to get him the greenlight. Sachio would await the answers to the questions but as long as the last one could be given a proper answer he was ready to go.

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 8, 2023 13:14:43 GMT -5

"A personal matter," Koshou replies first to Sachio and promptly. "but one I hope to put a stop to before it becomes an official matter." Taking a moment to spare a drag of his cigarette, the stocky Soul Reaper shifts his attention next over to Bosake. Answering his question would be a little more complex, but it would also make things a little more clear all the way around. That cherry on the end of the smoke glows brightly for a moment before letting itself subside back to a dull orange, and Koshou gives a slow exhale of the smoke upward into the cool night air.

"To answer that is to get into a little of my own past, but it is what it is," He begins. "I'm one of the few souls who ended up coming here to Soul Society with some memory of my life before. Not much mind you, mostly just that I had one and didn't do much with it. Here, I ... woke with my sword, and my name and not much else. For a good while, I spent my time roaming the very outer edges of the west Rukongai." Another drag from the smoke comes, taking a moment to let this plume go upward and away from the two Shinigami with him as he uses it as an excuse to pause for a moment from his story.

"I did what I wanted, took what I wanted .. I had a sword and I was strong enough to use it. For awhile, it was enough but ... all things change. During that time, I kind of collected a group of folks who followed after me. A gang .. I guess." This seems to be a point of embarrassment for the man, clearly not the most prestigious of beginnings for the likes of a member of the Gotei Thirteen as far as most knew. "The man we're going after is named Karasu. He was one of the people who knew me from back then, and has seemed to continue on the tradition. The message my friend gave me wasn't exactly clear, I think their little group call themselves Tengu, or more likely Karasu makes 'em I don't know."

Turning back to Sachio now, Koshou turns to flick the last of his cigarette away from him and off into the night with an impressive distance, before he squints a little while cocking his head to examine the scarfed noble. "Honestly, I'm not one hundred percent sure. Some place out on the edges of the Rukon, so it's not likely to be flashy but it'll be large enough to house at least the dozen. If either of you want to attempt to offer them surrender .. I wouldn't advise it but you can. They may prefer being prisoner to the alternative."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Feb 8, 2023 20:22:55 GMT -5

As he and Sachio took advantage of the pre-mission Q&A, Koshou was only slightly reluctant to give up the aspects that pried into his complicated past. Although he and Sachio were only fishing for relevant information as it pertained to their upcoming duties, the large shinigami at least was able to listen without judgement. It was far from the origin story one might expect from a shinigami of Koshou’s current caliber, and perhaps there was a bit of shame or embarrassment to that effect as the 11th divisions beast continued to share.

“I too am a wayward soul with memories of a past life…” Bosake uttered, resonating with Koshou’s backstory. The giant shinigami’s earlier memories were waking up with a sword in the slums of Rukonagi as well, from the south instead of the west however. It was one of the many reasons the 7th Division was so appealing to him, it served as a full circle reminder of where he had come from. The gang leader bit was an added dimension Bosake could not share, as his experience centered around being a large loner with a hidden face.

“So we are in search of a syndicate by the name of Tengu on the outer edges of the Rukon, likely a dozen or so, modestly trained, with our main target being their current leader Karasu.” Bosake summarized frankly, nodding through each of the points of detail with little concern, confident in their group against whatever this ragtag band of gangsters had to offer. The only real wild card seemed to be Karasu. If he had known Koshou for this long it was likely a possibility that they were around the same level of strength, and if so, that development would certainly complicate things.

“I will offer no surrender unless it is explicitly apart of our objective. Otherwise, I intend to eliminate them pursuant to my duty, unless you have objections?” Bosake remarked as he turned his gaze towards Koshou, wondering if he had a soft spot for these targets that he should know about.

“In either case, I am prepared to leave on your mark.”

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Feb 13, 2023 22:51:26 GMT -5

Well at least you were forth coming about it... Sachio commented when Koushou told him it was not on orders that he acted. He felt a tinge of embarrassment once Koshou explained it all. Bosake seemed to have a somewhat similar experience minus the gang leader portion. I was born here no memories of a human life. I couldn't imagine... Sachio offered unable to grasp how it might have been to live a second life, but not remember. All he could figure is it must have been scary.

This gang does seem like they will pose a problem in the future, and if the 3rd is not aware of their presence... He crossed his arms.

Then we will simply take care of them before anyone notices. The protection of the citizens of Rukongai comes first and foremost... Sachio had made a stink of it, but in the end, with Koushou showing his obvious embarrassment, and desire to right his wrongs, Sachio couldn't find it in himself to follow the protocol and possibly take away an important task from koshou. He would likely one day have to take on a task that didn't exactly follow the rules.

His face down turned and he gripped the sword that had been with him for the least amount of time. We shall rid them from the Rukongai, I will promise no mercy, but I am not a ruthless killer. Even criminals are citizens of Rukongai. If they beg for their lives and repent then they can live out their lives in prison. I won't argue, if you feel it better to ask questions later. Sachio wasn't here to slaughter fellow untainted souls, but adversaries of this nature wouldn't always listen. Sachio was pragmatic if they were to surrender he would accept it, but he wouldn't let anyone come to harm because of them. Shall we leave then?

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 17, 2023 20:36:55 GMT -5

After nodding to both Bosake and Sachio both, Koshou gives a minute but noticeable sigh of relief as the both of them seem to be on board and without much overall reluctance beyond the potential of being able to cash this favour in on him, later. As shrewd as I expected, Six. You don't dissapoint. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts for a moment, the Soul Reaper is already reaching into his kimono for another of the cigarettes that often accompany him. Still, this one he tucks into his ear instead of at the corner of his lips for the moment, before turning his attention back to the other two Shinigami with him.

"Then that's the protocol. if they ask for respite, then we'll take them to the Nest. if they so much as blink wrong or look to deceive you with parlay .." the stocky man doesn't need to finish the sentence to make the implied solution evident to either of them surely, and with that he's gesturing off toward the western gates, and the districts that lie beyond. Silently, he puts himself on the move. Upward, he uses the techniques of movement and silence that come with Shinigami training as he turns to lead Sachio and Bosake off into the deeper woods and districts of West Rukongai.

It would be an hour perhaps that the trio travels this way. From tree top to tree top, and as shadows and whispers in the night through the forests as they reach those outer districts where the authority and the law of the Seireitei is rarely if ever felt these days. Koshou's guts told him they were beginning to close in on the relative location of their prey out here tonight, having studied that parchment Kyuri had all but thrown at his feet too often to think himself off course, now. Sure enough, the trail that they followed by instinct and by investigation will lead the three Soul Reapers to a small clearing deeper within the woods than rightly one might suspect - the walk from the closest district village almost too long to be worthwhile.

Koshou draws himself up nearby the edge of the clearing, where the trees are still thickest and offers a silent gesture toward the other two that are with him, now. This is a good place and time for them to take a soft assessment of what lies before them, and where best to strike into their enemy's stronghold most effectively. It's with a low voice, that Koshou addresses Sachio and Bosake now. Even in this situation, the man seems to take his job and it seems the way that Bosake looks to him to heart. "What do you see?" He asks the two of them, not quite in a lecturing tone, but clearly an instructional one. In this too, there was time for a lesson rooted in real experience.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Feb 26, 2023 15:20:56 GMT -5

After he and Sachio had aired out their questions and concerns regarding the mission that they had tentatively singed up for, the trio had taken their leave, using shunpo in succession with one another to begin their journey out west. The established protocol was to offer surrender if the enemy expressed it, otherwise it was essentially every man for themselves. The trek had proven to be wildly unfamiliar as West Rukonagi was much more densely populated with tree’s than the systems the large 7th division recruit was accustomed to in the south. It seemed like an overall much more difficult region to patrol, causing him to feel much more thankful of his station than the jurisdiction of the 13th.

Roughly an hour had passed by before the trio had stumbled upon a clearing deep within the woods, proving to be their target location by all accounts upon initial observation. As they butted up agains the last measure of camouflaging thicket, Koshou had inquisitively whispered what they saw. As the large shinigami peered through his inspection maw he observed what looked to be a two story compound, rather ornate considering the area. It was squared off by a 15ft stone wall that had a single entry way in the front.

“There is a large and rather pristine looking two story compound surrounded by a stone wall. There is a single entry gate, appearing to be a one way in one way out situation.” He whispered back as he rotated his head slowly, doing his best to scan the area efficiently.

“Sachio, do you happen to see anyone roaming about?” Bosake asked as he expected at least a few henchman to be on guard duty, as It was entirely possible he may have overlooked them.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Mar 4, 2023 14:42:43 GMT -5

Following the pair had lead to a clearing in the woods. This area of the Rukongai was filled with trees. It was a change from the vast farmland, and the urban regions of japan he often found himself patrolling.

They all stopped once they reached the last bit of cover from the woods surrounding a stone structure. Sachio would climb a tree near by to get a better view of the area. He needed to know what they where dealing with. To Sachio, the most important thing was getting in and out as soon as possible, but he couldn't rush it. If someone was to be injured, then they might need reinforcements. Better to be a bit slower than court martialed.

Be peered from the top of the tree seeing two ruffians loitering outside. They seemed to be half asleep yawning and talking to each other. They obviously didn't expect any kind of attack. Sachio descended making sure to move quietly.

There are two guards at the back of the structure. No other targets in sight. We should take them out silently. Perhaps an attack from above? He would suggest in a whisper to the others. Normally, it would be on him to make the call and act. Today, Koshou would decided the course of action. Sachio was a hired hand in his personal resolution.