The Enemy of my Enemy

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Mar 2, 2023 4:43:57 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Tags:

Right as Hequita smacked Viola's head with a rock, he flashed a devilish smirk - everything had gone exactly as planned. Momo leapt after the girl, through the Garganta. Ideally, the girl survived this attack, yet was unable to return to Hueco Mundo through the Garganta - that way, she would start destroying the realm on the other side, Soul Society.

One second passed, then another. Hequita continued watching the Garganta, just in case something unexpected came through the portal. He wouldn't want to report a complete success to the Queen only to discover that it all failed in a way he could not predict, that would lead him to being executed immediately.

And, his suspicions proved correct. After half a minute or so, the Shinigami returned through the portal, with a barrier around him that prevented Hequita from touching him. Or the girl, whom he brought with him. According to Momo, she was in stable condition, and could no longer hurt anyone - the Arrancar's rock had knocked her out, and he presumably did something to prevent her from destroying everything around her.

That was...

...the worst possible outcome of this.

What's to say the Shinigami won't turn this "Viola" into a weapon? Or reverse engineer whatever the Quincies did to her?

Yet, this was not what Hequita said. He placed his hand on the barrier, striking a softer frown, and answered:

"I see. I am sorry for having tried to kill her, then. As you can imagine, I did not know if it was possible to stabilize her, and for the safety of this dimension I had to consider execution."

Briefly, Hequita nodded.

"There's something I saw on her body that might be a key to how the Quincies were able to turn her to a living weapon. Please, let me inspect her. It will only take a few seconds."
Last Edit: Mar 2, 2023 4:44:53 GMT -5 by Hequita

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

There are many causes I would die for, but not a single cause I would kill for.

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Mar 4, 2023 13:12:19 GMT -5

MOMOSHIRO KOMORI
桃城 古森

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

If Momo had one flaw above all others, it was that the Shinigami was far too trusting of others. He always saw the best in people even when there was nothing good to see at all. He had repeatedly shown his back to this Arrancar, an enemy of the Soul Society, and even thanked the other Hollow that had intended on killing him. If it hadn't snatched him up, he'd be dead, but it was going to kill him anyway and yet he held no ill will towards it, or anyone really.

Too trusting and too forgiving.

That being said, when Hequita had tried to persuade Momoshiro to drop the barrier, the fox-eared Shinigami hesitated. He stared at the Arrancar, still in his Resurreccion, and narrowed his red eyes.

"What did you see?"

He turned to look at the girl, frozen in a timeless stasis within the dodecahedron barrier spell. The spell was not indefinite and if he ended up having to fight here, he wouldn't be able to hold it together.

Momo turned back to look through the second barrier that he was maintaining. Both barriers were important in the moment, but if he had to drop one, it would have to be this one.

"Tell me what you saw."

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Mar 5, 2023 16:23:46 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Tags:

Momo did not immediately denounce Hequita as a liar and a trickster. Yet, he also wasn't trusting enough to lower the barrier between him and the girl. That was fine. Hequita could work with this. The Arrancar remained calm, and in response to the Shinigami's demand to explain what he saw, he answered:

"It is difficult for me to explain. You won't be able to picture what I tell you, anyway."

He raised his finger, where a small flame of Pixel-Fire began to crackle above.

"As you might have noticed, the fire I summon and manipulate is not true fire, it's an entirely different construct. Its purpose is the pixelization of the victim's body and the application of pain. It is through this ability that I torture victims, but that is besides the point," Hequita explained. He clenched his fist, and the Pixel-Fire flame vanished. "In my Resurreccion, my abilities expand further. I can not just apply pain, but see pain, and not just the pain I cause. I can see the pain that a person has suffered in the past."

Some of what he was saying was true. Some was not. But a half-truth is not really a lie, is it?

"I can see something in her past. But I need to have contact with her to be able to make it out."

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Mar 8, 2023 22:50:48 GMT -5

MOMOSHIRO KOMORI
桃城 古森

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

A few moments passed after Hequita had finished speaking. Momo wasn't going to drop the barrier. The Arrancar admitted to torturing people. The Shinigami already had his reservations about trusting him, but that was all he needed to know to make up his mind. At this point, he was just trying to figure out a way out of this situation he had gotten himself into. He had couldn't escape to Soul Society or anywhere else. No realm was safe if the girl woke up and the whole fiasco started all over. On the other hand, he couldn't fight the Arrancar or run.

He was stuck. A bead of sweat rolled down his temple as his red eyes peered out at the Arrancar staring back at him. Momo was going to have to act soon.

However, just as he was about to make a move, he noticed something shimmering heading towards them. He couldn't quite make it out. The dull ground suddenly glistened as if it had instantly become a reflective surface. There was a golden hue to it. Momo's eyes widened. The very ground was turned to gold and the effect was spreading rapidly across the sand and stone, reaching out towards them.

He dropped the barrier instantly and grabbed Hequita by the arm, lifting him up as he jumped into the air and away from whatever was surging towards them. Somehow he maintained his concentration on the stasis spell as it rose with the two men.

The ground below them was completely covered in gold or.. it was gold? He wasn't sure exactly what happened, but he quickly created a barrier in mid-air for them to stand on. They couldn't air-walk here in this realm.

Kneeling down about 20-30 feet away was a man draped all in white. He had a single red Sternritter emblem on the cloth over his face. A shiny golden gauntlet was retracted back beneath the cloak as he moved to stand.

Behind him was a shorter, older woman with glasses and a smoking pipe. Behind the both of them were about 15-20 Soldats.

They had all just arrived from a Shadow portal.

The elderly woman looked up at them, smiled, and pointed to the sleeping Viola.

"The child belongs with us. Return her and no one needs to get hurt."

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Mar 13, 2023 7:37:20 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Tags:

Hequita was a little too honest with Momo, and so the Shinigami did not even consider turning Viola over to him. Of-bloody-course. Granted, Hequita's goal was to just execute Viola and put an end to this, but, surely, Momo should know that there was no other solution to this, right? It's a superweapon, a violent superweapon, which could lash out at any moment and destroy everything. Unless, much like Hequita, he was already thinking of the Gotei 13 reverse-engineering her technology...

As if the situation could not get any worse, another group joined the fray. Two Sternritter, joined by a group of Soldats, stepped out of a portal, all while covering the surface in a mysterious gold-like coating. One which Momo pulled them away from, thankfully, before it could touch them and presumably deal whatever effect it was supposed to.

"You idiot, all you had to do was give her to me! Look where we're at now!" Hequita gushed out to the Shinigami in a furious whisper, then turned to face the Quincy troop. It didn't matter at this point - if he executed Viola now, the two Sternritters would just wipe him out. At least they could have hidden the girl's body if they did the deed ahead of time.

Hequita cleared his throat, and then answered:

"First, I'd like to get an explanation for what you and your weapon were doing here in the first place. Her Majesty wouldn't be happy to hear of this violation of the sovereignty of Her realm, and you, good lady and sirs, surely don't want a war to engulf our realms yet again."

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Mar 15, 2023 3:26:58 GMT -5

MOMOSHIRO KOMORI
桃城 古森

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

"WAIT!"

Momo set his hand on Hequita's armored shoulder, looked him in the eye, and then lowered the barrier platform until they were back on the ground. It was a strange place he found himself in, a pacifist surrounded by enemies just trying to prevent a war. He turned to face the Arrancar, his back to the Quincy.

"I'm giving them the girl."

He held his hand up before Hequita could interject.

"Those two are probably Captain level, at least, and I'm all but spent just keeping Viola in this temporal stasis. If we resist, they'll just kill us and take her anyway. At least this way, we all live a little bit longer. I'll go with them to make sure they keep their word. At the very least, they wait to kill me until they leave this place."

Momo smiled.

"So as far as you are concerned she'll be out of Hueco Mundo and your job is done."

He paused for a moment and then turned back around to face the Quincy but as he did suddenly a wall of fire erupted between the two parties. Momo's eyes went wide as flames licked at him. He jumped back but caught sight of something out of the corner of his eye, a blur of black. When he turned to look, he noticed the girl was gone. His containment barrier had been broken.

By the time his feet touched the ground again he saw them, off in the distance, a small group in black cloaks of some kind. Six in total, one man and five women maybe? or children? He couldn't tell from this distance. The man's zanpakuto was ablaze as he sheathed it. He seemed to only have one arm. Bits of silver hair could be seen through the head wrap. The other five had...tails. And cat or dog ears maybe? Wait... like him?! Were there others like him out there?

His eyes widened. They had the girl. They were putting her in some kind of ornate chest that had runes or markings carved into it. Two of the smaller ones were making quick kido hand signs as they closed the box and then wrapped it with protective seals.

His body was moving before he could think. Trying to get to them. He made eye contact with the man. Just one eye met him back. It was a red-orange like the fire that had met him earlier. He was too late though. By the time he made it over there, the group was gone. They had used some kind of technique similar to the Quincy to escape into shadow.

Momo turned back to look at the Quincy to see they were talking amongst themselves. From their vantage point, they had seen what Momo saw. Someone had swooped in and stolen the girl from Momo.

The older woman scowled and then disappeared into shadow along with her cohorts to once again leave just Momo and Hequita alone in the rocky desert.

Momoshiro slumped down to the ground. He didn't know what else to do.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Mar 17, 2023 14:42:44 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Tags:

Before the Quincies could answer Hequita's demand to them, Momo suddenly intervened, declaring that he will give the girl to them - a decision which caught the Arrancar unexpected. It was their bargaining chip, and yet the Shinigami was giving it away - without her, what will stop the two Sternritter from wiping them out as unwanted witnesses? He had a plan, though, granted. One which would put himself at direct risk, travelling with the Quincies and allowing Hequita to escape.

An odd decision. Hequita did not saw himself as someone to be heroically sacrificed for. Yet, before they could go ahead with the idea, yet another group intervened in the confrontation, summoning a wall of fire in between them and the Quincy with which they snatched the girl.

It was a Shinigami, surrounded by a group of feline hybrid companions - and with another snap, they were gone. The Quincy squad vanished as well - which surprised Hequita just as much as the mysterious Shinigami's snatching of Viola. They just... gave up? He couldn't believe it. He never rested any of his strategies on a bout of luck in which all of their opponents and problems just... vanish one another.

Hequita's Resurreccion faded away, reverting the Arrancar back to his child-like form - and he immediately yelled:

"What the hell...?"

If anything, such words coming from the mouth of someone who looks like a ten year old child would be amusing juxtaposition. Hequita stared at the empty patch of desolate soil where the one-armed Shinigami had stood, then where the Quincies had stood. Something in his mind wanted to be frustrated, but he wasn't sure at what. There was no target.

"Do you know that Shinigami?"

Might as well. The answer's probably going to be no, but it didn't hurt to ask.

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Mar 21, 2023 21:34:48 GMT -5

MOMOSHIRO KOMORI
桃城 古森

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

With the girl gone, the Quincy had no reason to remain in Hueco Mundo any longer. The time wasted fighting the two of them was time that could be spent trying to find the girl and to Emilia, the girl was far more valuable than ensuring there were no witnesses to the experiment. So they took their leave as soon as possible to continue the hunt elsewhere.

Momoshiro, on the other hand, was at a loss.

"Do you know that Shinigami?"

He just shook his head. Momo had never seen any of them before. He would have remembered that eye, like a bright burning fire. And those others, the ones like him. He thought he was the only one. The bewildered Shinigami had so many questions running through his mind but weighing it all down was the feeling of utter failure. His entire squad had perished, he hadn't learned anything about the experiment, and Viola had been kidnapped.

Up above in the sky, another gate opened up, similar to the one Momo and his team had used to enter Hueco Mundo earlier. It was a modified Senkaimon that was used to access the Garganta the same way the Arrancar do. The doors slid open as clouds of white poured out, shrouding the two figures within.

Eventually they stepped out and the gate closed and disappeared behind them. They dropped down onto the sand. One landed with a thundering crack that shook the ground. His huge form intimidating and stoic. The other, much smaller and light as a feather. She floated down and landed gracefully upon the sand in front of the imposing figure behind her. The pink kimono flowed outward around her as she floated down and then lowered to her feet.

Momo's eyes widened as he saw the two of them.

"M-M-Mother?!"

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Mar 23, 2023 3:55:27 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Tags:

Hequita's hope that this may have been the last intervention in this incident was dashed quickly. Yet again, a portal, this time a Senkaimon, opened in the sky, letting forth two Shinigami Captains. Each one was, understandably, dozens of times stronger than either Momo or Hequita.

Perhaps this is not merely a bout of terrible luck, but an example of a greater issue that plagues their dimension. We really need to extend the control of our Queen's realm beyond Las Noches. Such invasions in Soul Society would hardly be tolerated as much - whereas here, anyone with an agenda can stomp in and fight each other unabated.

But that's just more reason why he had to make the Queen reciprocate his feelings for her. By her side, he would be able to convince her of the need of these changes, in a way that even the greatest Espada would never accomplish.

Momo identified the woman as his mother. That'll keep their attention for some time, I hope. What could he do? Not much, except step aside and turn away, standing politely with his arms folded behind his back. There was hardly a reason for him to fight the Captains even if he was able to, and it didn't seem like they were here for him, either. Best to just wait them out and let them leave.

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Mar 25, 2023 21:55:01 GMT -5

MOMOSHIRO KOMORI
桃城 古森

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

The older woman with the eye patch slowly made her way over to where Momoshiro and Hequita were standing. Momo had moved to stand, still a little surprised that Captain Avasarala, his adoptive mother, was even here. More so that she brought Yama with her. Not like anyone could have stopped him if he wanted to go anyway. At least to Momo's knowledge there wasn't anyone strong enough outside of the Zero Division. Not that he knew of anyone in the Zero Division, he just assumed if there was anyone strong enough, they'd be the ones.

While Avasarala walked with purpose towards her son, keeping her eye on him and the Arrancar, Yama peered around noticing the scars on the land from the battle and the weapon. He almost looked sad that he missed it.

As the woman walked, her zanpakuto could be seen at her side. The sheathed blade hung from her shoulder by a red strap, almost like a purse or messenger bag. The sword itself looked to be longer than a typical katana and curved much more as well, almost like a scimitar.

She stopped in front of Momoshiro and looked up to him, her smile warm as she lifted up her hand to brush it across his cheek. He went to speak but she placed her finger on his lips and shushed him. Still smiling, she stepped back and then looked over to Hequita.

"Are you hur-"

Her question was cut off by the appearance of the 7'4" tall, bulky Yama striding up behind her. His chalk white hair blowing in the wind along with his mustache and beard.

"This must have been one heck of a battle! Momo, did yo--"

Shoreh reached back and touched his arm and he immediately quieted down as he looked from her hand to where she was facing. Even though he had been standing right there, Yama didn't even notice the little Arrancar. The woman looked up to the tall man.

"Yamaki, take Momoshiro home please."

Momo and Yama both looked at each other and then at Shoreh. The big man just nodded and before Momo could protest he was scooped up. The Senkaimon gate appeared again and Yama stepped through. Once the doors closed, the woman resumed her question.

"My apologies. Are you hurt?"

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Mar 26, 2023 15:07:27 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Tags:

Unfortunately, Hequita's expectations did not turn out. Perhaps he expected the sudden reveal that this captain is Momo's mother to lead to a prolonged argument, perhaps it being a surprise was them being distant, or being in conflict with one another for some reason. That did not seem to be the case, and after ordering Momo and the other Captain to travel back to Soul Society, she turned her attention to the Arrancar, offering medical aid.

Hequita looked down to his palm. He did not get hurt during the fight, so on factual terms, he already knew the answer. But... how should he approach this confrontation? A few strategies popped in his mind.

What was handy was that the woman was unfamiliar with him and Momo did not tell her anything about him, so, from her point of view, he must be a blank slate. If I fill in that slate with the right first impression... perhaps I can squeeze something out of this.

"No, miss, I am fine, thank you," Hequita answered and flashed a smile, then wrapped his hands around behind his back, like a child. "It was quite scary, though. Do you happen to know why the Quincies seem interested in deploying these experiments in our dimension all of a sudden? They brought a superweapon here and we still don't know what it was about..."

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Mar 26, 2023 16:30:42 GMT -5

MOMOSHIRO KOMORI
桃城 古森

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

When they arrived, the first glimpse Shoreh got was of her son and the Arrancar side by side. Even though her son looked somewhat distraught, he wasn't in any kind of danger. She read the body language, even in such a short span of time, and it told her that her son did not see this Hollow as a foe he needed to defend against or distance himself from.

That was the only reason he was still alive.

The wind blew once more and her white hair fluttered across her face. When it settled again, there was a dramatic shift in her expression. Where once she was smiling and radiated a serene kind of calm... now she stared intensely with a much more disapproving look. She still exhibited a calmness, but it was the kind of calm right before the first thunder crack of the storm.

"Because you and your kind are weak and you allow it to happen."

Then suddenly she was all smiles again, that feeling of sereneness once again radiated out from her. It was like two completely different people. It was a side of herself she kept locked away. Not even Momoshiro knew about it. The only two people who have ever seen her that way were Yamaki and Katsumoto.

"If you are uninjured, I shall take my leave then. Be well."

Captain Avasarala bowed politely and turned to walk back towards where the gate was. She wondered if he'd try anything. A part of her hoped he would.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Mar 27, 2023 7:02:19 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Tags:

Yet again, he had to repeat the same line to himself. His expectations did not turn out.

Either the Shinigami did not buy his act as an innocent child, or her hatred of the Arrancar race overshadowed any sympathy she may have felt towards Hequita. Or she did not know the answer to the Quincy experiment, either, and so covered her face with an insult. All she offered to the Arrancar was that his race was weak and so at fault for what happened today.

The main bulk of the Hollows were weak. Not physically, but mentally. Mindless rabble who only know to listen to whoever holds the most strength. But a Shinigami should never dare to mutter those words. Hequita could call his folk that, but coming from her, it was an insult to an Arrancar's pride.

Yet, even now, he knew that challenging her to battle was pointless and foolish. It was the same story that the world weaved since its very beginning - those who hold power can dismiss and denigrate those at the bottom, and their victims can do nothing but accept this blow to pride.

Unless they climb up and overthrow the powerful...

Hequita turned around, letting out a menacing giggle, then glanced over his shoulder to the departing Captain.

"I'll remember that."

If they meet again, those words of hers will be the last thing she will hear in her life.

Hequita then activated Sonido, departing across the wasteland and leaving the Shinigami behind at massively superhuman speeds.