Bleach Hereafter RPG

Shopping Trip [open]

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Feb 13, 2023 22:38:22 GMT -5

The sky opened over Tokyo as Nezuel the arrancar entered the airspace over the city.  After a quick trip through the garganta from his make-shift home he was in the mood for some shopping.  With his prospects higher now than they had been in the past, he figured he might as well celebrate some recent developments with Milo and Gran before telling them about what was happening in his, and thus their, life.  Of course nothing was set in stone and it was possible that he was simply getting his hopes up, that whatever small hope that he'd gained was false and the retribution from the one he'd stolen that hope from would be swift...but until then he could get some expensive beef.

Uptown Tokyo, the expensive district where the price tag on the food, services, and other objects of note were inflated to irregular proportions.  There was certainly some correlation between price and quality, but most of the time one also paid for status and brand recognition.  He wasn't particularly versed in the specifics but he had once mentioned something while watching netflix and then the commercials between shows always seemed to move towards those interests...how peculiar.

As it was the arrancar had made himself a human body that was dressed in a white suit, a small scarf wrapped around himself in what might consider a slavic style.  He stood in a store inspecting something called 'Wagyu Beef' which seemed rather expensive against a lot of the beef around it.  It was pretty, in a marbleized sort of way and he had the money to spare after condensing reishi into the paper bills needed for the purchase.  So he bought it, walking out the store a few minutes later with some likewise expensive fish and a sake that someone said would pair well with it.

He wondered if he should get something for their shinigami freind...if Nez invited him, would he come?

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 14, 2023 0:29:39 GMT -5

For someone who had been able to see ghosts for so much of her life it always came as a surprise just how little she still noticed. Maybe it was that psychological phenomenon that she had read about recently... something about not noticing something until you knew about it, only to find it anywhere and everywhere... Maybe there was merit to the idea that people never looked up after all?

She, of course, had only seen the last few moments of the rift closing but she could already feel her heart begin to race. Something dangerous was afoot, certainly. The fullbringer was quick to fully suppress any trait of her reiatsu lest... whatever, it was catch a whiff of her and fly into a dangerous rampage.

Rin tightened the fake guitar case slung over her shoulder. Her teacher had set it well: one's blade must always be drawn, whether or not it was actually in its sheathe... Admittedly it had taken her longer than she would have liked to realize the idiom's meaning. Her eyes were peeled as they danced between busy sidewalks and neon signs to the beat of her pounding heart.

For all her effort, however, there was a irredeemable flaw in her perception called not paying attention to the tiny figure that just walked out of the store in front of her. She only caught a flash of white in her peripheral, but by then it was already too late. Unless someone took drastic measures, Rin was going to stumble right into the diminutive stranger!

Regardless of how Nezuel fared, a sudden attempt to stop would cause the woman's feet to get tangled with each other and, before she knew it, she was falling face-forward into the concrete! Embarrassing memories from her grade school years quickly flashed before her eyes as she threw her hands forward in a last-ditch ploy to save herself from a traumatic facial re-arrangement.

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Feb 14, 2023 16:43:19 GMT -5

The arrancar had been looking down at a small shopping list he kept in his pocket when every single warning bell he had was set off.  In a normal situation when he had his full powers, it might mean something like a captain was on top of him but due to him being in a body he had made, which somewhat limited his powers, it was more likely he was just not paying attention and was about to be hurt by something.  His eyes widened as he noticed something, no, someone moving towards him.  He turned only to find hands outstretched as the woman, yes it was a woman, making some odd motions with her feet as she started to fall.

He and Milo had watched enough anime to know what was going to happen, or rather what was likely to happen.  In the shows he preferred, they'd both fall into precarious situations where his hand would end up somewhere and she'd end up slapping him or calling the police.  In the shows she watched, the man would catch them, showing off their coolness before recruiting her for her odd powers to fight evildoers or some such.  Considering he still had shopping to do he elected to do the second despite his interest in female anatomy and the fact that most humans would consider him said evildoer. 

He used just the smallest amount of sonido to move his legs into a position that supported the girl before she could fall.  His hand shot out to wrap around her back as he cradled her in one of his arms, the other grasping her wrist to ensure she didn't complete the fall.  He looked into her eyes,  "Hey, can't have you falling for me that early now, can we?" he'd say with a small smile that dropped as his eyes did. 

He'd forgotten the bag he had been holding and it promptly fell to the ground...breaking the bottle he'd just bought...maybe the food was ok though?  "Fuck..."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 15, 2023 22:59:02 GMT -5

Fueh!?” Rin exasperated as the white dancing at the edge of her vision disappeared in an instant. But how? She was certain that she was about to run into someone. In a flash she had gone from falling face-first to staring at the Tokyo skyline and the fluffy clouds beyond, not to mention the smug visage they framed. She couldn’t help but think that the white outfit he was wearing made him stand out just a bit too much to be normal.

It took a moment for the situation to process. The words that just spilled from the stranger’s mouth were, “Did you just hit?...” Was he… hitting on her? Was that a pun?? Rin’s face started to blush, not for any kind of affection, but more from embarrassment. God, it was just like that one time back in high school! They made fun of her for weeks!

Eh?” Did he seriously start leering just like that? Wait, no, there was something else that had caught his attention. Rin’s eyes attempted to follow his gaze, but from her position she was hardly able to see more than a hint of his shopping bag followed closely by a slightly fruity aroma wafting into her nose with a hint of fermentation.

Eto…” Rin couldn’t really find the right words to say. "Listen, uh, thank you… and sorry about the uh,” Rin adjusted a bit more but she really couldn’t see much but a hint of Nezuel’s groceries anymore than to hazard a guess, “the sake? But could you let me go? People are starting to stare.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Feb 16, 2023 18:23:34 GMT -5

He raised an eyebrow at her request.  The girl's words combined with the redness in her cheeks and face were evidence enough that his words to her were received, though it didn't seem to overwhelmingly positive.  It seemed like it wasn't going to be true love at first sight this time, dang.  But what was happening was a request, and that request he decided to grant.  His support of her vanished as he moved back, deciding that he wasn't quite evil enough to take her request literally, and let her drop to the ground.  That, you see, wouldn't earn him any points.  Once he had let go of her and she was steady, he moved over to the broken bottle and crouched down, starting to look after the broken pieces and aroma that wafted from the stone.

"You know you're rather cute when your face is all red like that..." he'd tease, not looking at her as he'd figure the comment would make her face red again for one of two reasons.  He'd managed to get one big pile of flesh scrapping glass before he waddled over to the bag and looked inside.  The meat and fish were covered in some of the sake...but the packaging might not have been pierced by the glass...but could he take that risk?  Then again, chewing on glass wouldn't really hurt those that had iron skin, would it?

His eyes moved back to the stranger that had caused the accident as he stood up, looping the bag with the meat around his wrist and shaking it a little to clean it.  His red orbs moved ever so slightly over her shoulder as his mouth raised in a slight smile.  "Oh?  Do you play?  Perhaps this is fate...I need someone to play music during a date...I'll even pay you and give you some of the food if you really want...especially if you help me shop around...a woman's touch might help, not to mention it is kinda your fault I'll have to buy the drink again...."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 18, 2023 0:32:31 GMT -5

Rin breathed a deep sigh she didn't even realize she was holding the moment she was let go. Don't think she didn't see that face he was making, though, she bit on the inside of her cheek. Little fucker was used to pulling this kind of stuff and getting away with it, wasn't he? Did people really fall for his little Casanova act? It seemed a bit too on the nose.

While Nezuel crouched over his lost groceries Rin would take the time to smooth out her dress and move her hair out her eyes, though she couldn't help but pause at his compliment again. "Hmph!" The way he said it caught her off guard... again. Without another word she crosses her arms and bites the inside of her lip. Well she was going to try to help him clean up the glass, but now she was occupied quelling the intrusive thoughts telling her to kick him across the street!

Rin pauses for a moment at the question as if she didn't know what he was talking about. "Oh, yeah, that." She adjusts the disguised case again as she thinks about what to say. "Y-yeah, I play... just a bit, though! Can't really say I have any talent, heheeeeeeh." Rin's demeanor took a quick turn the disarming and innocent as soon as he mentioned actually playing. Maybe if she convinced him it was bad enough he would let the matter go? She could only hope.

"They sound very lucky though?" Blegh, she couldn't believe she said that to a sleazebag like this guy! "Liiiiisten I have places I need to be, so what if I just helped you shop around for a little bit for your date as an apology?" Why was she trying to haggle his suggestion? She didn't even know what he had in mind. Maybe, if she was lucky, she could drag this guy enough to sweep the area for whatever fell out of the sky.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Feb 18, 2023 21:21:31 GMT -5

"Oh please," he'd say, waving off the girl's words as she spoke about how she didn't have any talent.  "As someone who is unable to play any instrument, I'd be impressed by anyone who put in the time and effort to learn any instrument.  Besides that we all start somewhere, right?" He wasn't really sure why she had tried to downplay the fact.  Why would someone carry around an instrument like that if they weren't planning on practicing or playing it?  Maybe she was like those musicians he'd seen on the streets who played for tips.  Maybe if he offered other incentives?  "Would you be interested in an official gig then?  I could pay you...150,000 yen to start, unless your daily rate is something higher, we can certainly negotiate."

He tilted his head a little as he considered her offer of apology.  She had downplayed her talent in a way that made him think she might just refuse his jokes and words all together...but now she was actually trying to work with him.  Social whiplash, a side he did feel as though he might need some help.  "Well...if you have any ideas for ways to make a date better...I have the meat, some fish...had some alcohol." he gave her a look that made sure he was blaming her in a very 'not serious' way.  "But I still feel like I could get some more things....maybe a pretty dress like the one you have on, where did you get it?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 19, 2023 22:39:32 GMT -5

"I, uh, I just started learning a week ago, really... Maybe later?" Her eyes move off to the side and she clasps both hands in front of her to appear a bit more innocent than she really was. "I haven't even considered trying to make money off it." She tries to sound a bit dejected at the offer, but she can't help but think that actually learning an instrument for rich pricks like this wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.... right, after this she was going to have to go get a real instrument!

Lucky for her, the stranger was quick to move back to the topic of his sake. A look of embarassment flashes across her face again. The prick knew exactly what he was doing and she was falling for his little guilt trip. "Well, I should be able to replace the drink... What kind of sake was it?" She looks towards the shards of glass just resting there in the stranger's hands. She raises a tentative hand to snatch up a shard with the label if she can, or even assuming that Nezuel lets her.

Assuming that she gets a name of some sort a devious smile flashes on her face before it morphs into a frown. "Attaaaa, my ex used to get this for our dinners all the time. I miss dating a chef..." Not that any of her partners had ever been chefs, it would just give her a moment to think out a plan while she pretended to reminisce.

"Hmu... wait right there, I'll be back before you know it~." Unless stopped she would pivot on her heels and head right into the store. When was the last time she robbed a place in the middle of the day? Couldn't have been more than a few years, right? What's the worst that could happen?

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Feb 20, 2023 15:11:55 GMT -5

So she was a new artist trying to find her way in the world, not good enough for money?  That seemed a little sad, if Nezuel was being honest, one should always have faith in themselves.  Af for later, well, he didn't consider it likely that he'd meet up with some random girl ever again.  The only way that might happen would be if she accidentally bumped into him again at a later time.  Which she was certainly pretty and maybe interesting enough to catch his attention...she did seem to be plain human and mixing the spiritual and the mortal world never seemed to end well.  Quincies, of course, were different but he didn't really get that feel from her for some reason.

"I suppose I should probably learn how to cook myself." he'd say to himself as the woman ran off, seemingly to get more sake.  Her comment about dating a chef made him realize the large flaw in his plan...why was he buying expensive food if he wasn't very good at cooking?  Maybe he should hire someone to cook...but if his flight record with the girl here was any indication, then he'd be denied.  Was his whole plan just going to fall apart?  How much were cooking lessons?

After she had left he turned and moved towards the nearest trash bin.  Tossing the broken glass inside, he then set the bag on the ground nearby before popping out of his self-made body.  The first thing he did was lower his riatsu to a level where nearby hollows wouldn't detect it unless they physically saw him.  If that happened it was already too close. With his hollow hole now visible and mask fragment in front of it he moved to follow the woman, slipping through the store window as he did so.  It wasn't that he didn't trust her but...well, he didn't trust her.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 22, 2023 17:38:37 GMT -5

Rin quickly slips her way into the store, a careful eye taking note of each of the cashiers on duty. She would have to hope that they were bored enough to not care that she was making a beeline straight for the alcohol. Any petty thief that didn't want to find themselves on the news knew well that confidence was the best tool of any good thief.

However, it was only fools who weren't careful. Rin's eyes scan the ceiling for cameras along her path as she digs out a five yen coin. As she got closer it was easy for her to tell which camera would be staring right at her as he performed the deed. The suppression on her reiatsu drops only enough for her to call upon the spirits inside the coin before launching it hard enough that she was certain it would break!

Rin starts to hum as she gets to work! Pulling her jacket off and the key off from around her neck she approaches her new score. A quick look to the side all but confirms the lack of customers or security as she snatches the bottle. Without breaking her stride she uses the key around her neck to break off he security cap before she finally stops. She gingerly places the cap on the shelf behind another bottle.

A smug smile spreads across her face as she turns back around, but only just a moment before she realizes just who… no, the thing that had been stalking her through the store. That guy from before. He was way too weird to have just been an eccentric stranger! And to think she had let it touch her!

You…” Her hand reaches towards the case on her back, her demeanor clearly more hostile than before and a steely gaze staring straight into the hole in the creature’s chest. With a slight green glow the clasps unlatch themselves as she slowly reaches for her blade. “Why are you here?

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Feb 26, 2023 15:09:16 GMT -5

Nezuel had to say that he was impressed.  The girl in front of him certainly had some fine control on her riatsu to make it seem like she had been just a normal human mere moments ago.  Some part of him thought back to his first meeting with Niji and the way she had felt human as well.  He came from a different world, one where weakness got you kill.  It had only been through exposure with others that he had learned to hide his true strength and yet he forgot sometimes that others could do the same.  Shinigami and other hollows so did love to release their full power in an attempt to intimidate.

He tilted his head at the woman as her hands went to her sword.  She'd been smart enough to destroy the security camera that would have seen her steal the bottle but if the two of them fought then much more than this simple store would be destroyed.  That was putting aside the fact that her physical body would be seen while his would not be.

"I wanted to make sure you were genuine and I was a bit curious." he'd say, still keeping his riatsu at a minimum, contained.  "You're a fullbringer, then?" her skill set obviously wasn't the same as a quincies, which was the only powerful humans that he knew about.  Her eyes had gone directly to his hollow hole which, while being somewhat rude, was also a completely normal reaction.  It was likely that she knew what he was and was curently thinking about what to do about it.

"So, are you going to draw that...or do you want to keep talking?"  He'd say, red eyes moving to her sword.  The ball was in her court.  "By the way," he'd continue, almost as if an afterthought.  He pointed up at himself ,finishing with a wink,  "My eyes are up here...though you are free to look."

Last Edit: Feb 26, 2023 15:14:32 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 1, 2023 1:30:54 GMT -5

Tch!” Rin soffs at the monster’s remarks, but she can’t help but conclude that they brought up a good point… Attacking it here would do nothing but put an untold number of people in needless danger. The latches on her case relock themselves the moment she removes her hand from its confines. She only takes a few brief glances around to make sure that no one else is watching.

Rin takes a few steps forward and snatches the Hollow’s hand and starts to march him off to the back of the store assuming that he doesn’t stop her and decides to follow.

I don’t mean here here.” Rin rushes over her words in an angered flurry. A customer who was just around the corner makes a concerned look towards the woman ostensibly talking to herself as she passes.

I mean… here.” Sure this thing must have understood context, right? She knew most of them weren’t sentient, or at least they certainly behaved like beasts, but the ones that looked like humans were supposed to be further above their kith and kin as far as she had been taught. Not that she had much experience to work on, here!

Don’t move!” She gives the hollow a hushed command as she lets go and starts to pull out her phone and adjust the bottle under her jacket before giving a gesture for the hollow to follow her as she stormed her way out of the building.

Why do you even want that kind of Sake?” She scoffs, pretending to talk on the phone as she did so though her words were clearly directed. “It’s not like you need it for anything.” With any form of security removed from the bottle she would slip out of the shop easily if nothing made her little job more difficult than it now already was.

Besides, don’t you prefer things with a little less substance?” Her last question almost growled in the back of her throat in hushed voice. She had always been told about how dangerous these arrancar could be. In a way, she was almost thankful that the thing had pressured her to keep her wits about her.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Mar 3, 2023 17:13:43 GMT -5

The girl was freaking out, which was understandable, but in a way it was a little impressive how she'd managed to keep her wits about her.  Granted she might worry a bit more if his full spiritual pressure was released but that would just be rude, especially since he wished to set her at ease.  Regardless that arrancar was the height of grace and politeness, following her directions...even the rude one to not move.  What would happen if he had, it wasn't like anyone nearby could see him...although if he thought about it that very idea had been the reason why he was in the current situation.

"How do I put this..." Nez would muse as he brought a finger to his lips.  "I have a shinigami friend that really likes sake so I thought I'd treat him if he stopped by.  We had a wonderful date the other day so I was hopeful he'd drop by sometime...but besides that me and my girlfriend, as you might call her, also rather likes the taste of food.  I figured I'd treat her even if our friend didn't show...as for not needing it." he waved off the question as a matter of principle.  "Humans only really need some basic food and water to survive, yet you make expensive meals and other...fizzy drinks because they taste or feel good...why wouldn't the same apply to spirits?"

"Setting aside my love and affection for others aside," He'd say in an admonishing tone, "My personal preference is actually for my own kind.  More than half of them are mindless anyway and they all taste the same physically, theres really only some difference in how their souls taste and the amount of time it takes to digest but...thats more nuanced rather than anything.  Truth is, have you ever eaten raw hollow meat?  Its tough, chewy, and tastes horrible."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 5, 2023 15:51:50 GMT -5

Rin continues to pretend to browse over the items before her as the hollow went on and explained his intentions. Frankly, she didn't believe him. No, she didn't want to believe him but as he droned Rin could not help but turn back around in something between shock and confusion. Her mouth hangs slightly agape as she tries to form a question... several questions, really.

"I... what?" She starts but an older customer, obviously unaware of the powerful spirit standing in front of her takes her attention. "Miss, are you okay?"

Rin's head whips to the side with a beaming smile, her voice suddenly lilting with the same wish-washy tone she had tried to pull on Nezuel not minutes before. "Oh, thank you! I'm fiiine, have a good day! Mhm~!"

Without further ado she scoops up Nezuel's hand again and storms towards the door with purpose. "How the hell did you make friends with one of them?" She puts an emphasis on her words to make it seem like she is making an off-handed remark about something else entirely, but her eyes quickly dart between the entrance in front and Nezuel... Mostly the hole in his chest, but at least she tries to make an effort to look the arrancar in the eyes.

"I mean... I don't know!" She continues after she slips out the front door and back on the sidewalk, "Do you not cook each other in spirit fires or something? Aren't spirit-spices a thing?" A disgusted look flashes across her face as she recalls her instructor also... telling her about the poor taste of hollow meat. She hadn't thought about it at the time but... what the hell?

She drags the hollow further away from the store before pulling out the bottle of sake from under her coat, not having noticed his body if was actually still there. "Alright, hollow-boy, where's that skin-car of yours? These people will freak if they see this thing just floating around."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Mar 6, 2023 19:25:37 GMT -5

As always, it was amusing the see humans freaking out or rushing while trying to make it seem like they weren't crazy.  Honestly he'd so something like this with Niji if it was possible but the one woman force of nature would probably just be able to flex her riatsu at him and he'd crumple in place unable to move.  Still there was a point where the charade had to come to an end and while the arrancar could certainly choose to ignore the woman's request for him to be put into a physical body doing so would be something of a dick move.  While he wasn't above having a bit of fun with a new human acquaintance, there had to be a point where he might actually make an effort to be cordial...even if his attempts at flirting wern't well received.

He waved a hand at her comment as he manipulated the reishi in the area, forming it into its most basic components before pulling it towards him.  It was all visible to her as it coated his skin, slowly turning into a visible material on the non-spiritual spectrum of sight.  Being somewhat dramatic, he left his hollow hole for last, letting the flesh over around him in a circle for a second before it filled in completely. 

"Better?" he asked, holding out his hands to either side of him, palms to the sky.  He brought a finger to his lips as he thought about her other questions and which order to tackle them.  "Well...I suppose I could make fire using kido...but I don't really like Hado spells and they'd just purify the meat, which kinda defeats the purpose of eating other hollows."  He had to wonder if she even knew how hollows operated, why would he ruin such a good meal soul wise?  "Spices I hadn't thought about...do you think we should get some from a store around here?" he turned to her for advice before blinking,  "Right...I don't have much experience with spices, I might be able to make some but...I'd need information on what I'm making, and Hueco Mundo's opinion of spice is to just use sand."  Really, that stuff was coarse an got everywhere.  He'd eaten a hollow after it had been in the human world for a week, and still had to pick sand out of his mouth afterwords.

"As for making friends with a shinigami...well, for one of them I beat him up after he tried to kill me and left him alive.  Ran into him again in Hueco Mundo.  Me and the Mrs. went on a date with him.  Lovely man, strong looking with muscles and all that, but defiantly likes women more than men." he shrugs, "The other was someone who helped me by chopping off my arm-long story- and I hope to see him again."  His eyes went a bit clouded as he remembered the two but memories of the third and fourth came to him and he was broken out of his happy memories.

"As to how...they're just people, I made it clear I didn't want a fight and worked with them...most of them seem willing to cooperate to some degree, like you now, you havn't attacked have you?"