Bleach Hereafter RPG

Shopping Trip [open]

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 11, 2023 1:54:48 GMT -5

Rin's disgust flashed easily on her face. The monster must have been playing a game with her, she thought. One of their sick and cruel games that would end in chaos should she not play along...

Though, once again his words would pull her out of that trance, her face shifting to more confusion than anything else. "Eh... you don't use..." Now, she heard of Americans and Brits having some strange palettes, but this was the first time she actually met someon- something that didn't actually just eat unseasoned meat... Wait no that didn't work she had seen. Instead of trying to resolve the conflicting though Rin shakes her head to and tosses it back to the far recesses of her mind.

"You're telling me that you were just going to just... eat all that meat and fish raw? By itself?" Rin furrows her brow in disbelief, "Have you ever cooked anything before? Ever?" Rin folds her arms and huffs a defeated sigh. "I thought I was sad when I ate cup noodles for a week but I've been bested once again."

And now she was stuck here listening to his, or its strange tall tales. Shinigami friends? Rogues, they must have been rogues. That was the only way  she could see the them not doing their jobs and sending this tiny man to the afterlife. The one that tried to kill him was a lie no doubt. Who the hell just decides to spare some random hollow after trying to kill it? And a missus? There was no shot this little shit was married! "Riiight."

"Tch-aaaha," Rin's eyebrow started to twitch at the mention of her not killing this thing yet. Her mouth clamps shut as she speaks through gritted teeth, "I wouldn't put too much money on that yet, hollow-boy..."

Rin take a beat to inhale and clam her emotions for a moment before staring Nezuel directly in his newly-formed eyes. "Alright, how about this? I help you pick out your spices and your clothes, and... other things, but in turn I need you to promise me you're not going to run off and eat people before you go back to Hueco Mundo, deal?"

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Mar 13, 2023 20:31:56 GMT -5

"Of course not," Nez would say, waving off both of the woman's questions at the same time.  "I'm saying the spiritual meat of another hollow would lose any of its value if it was cooked by a spiritually pure fire.  I could certainly cook it but doing so would simply make it undesirable to consume.  Hollows are always best raw, as they say..." he trailed off, thinking for a moment as his brain caught up with his mouth.  Maybe he was the only one to say that.  "As for cooking actual, physical meat that can be eaten and enjoyed, I was going to cook it though I admit my skills at fire are mostly limited to setting things fully and wholly on fire...so perhaps it'd have a nice black coating?"

He laughed, perhaps making the human think it was a joke he'd just said but truthfully he wasn't good at cooking anything, maybe he should hire a private chef to deal with it.  On one hand, the food would be better, but on the other wouldn't it be more romantic if it was prepared with his own hands?  No one was ever perfect the first time doing something, maybe in time he'd get better?  "Honestly, how little of me do you think?  At this point I'm almost wishing you'd just attack me, at least your physical attacks won't hurt as much as your emotional ones."

He sighed, then looked at the woman with a slight smirk on his face.  "I don't make a habit of eating people anymore, unless you consider other hollows people.  Humans just don't have enough spiritual energy to make it worthwhile, and shinigami come with too much red tape.  Honestly, its no surprise that most hollows turn into cannibals, its the quickest way to gain power and evolve in our world.  If thats something you can stomach, then I suppose I can make that deal...if not, then you need to decide what you're going to do."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 19, 2023 21:55:38 GMT -5

"What do you mean I need to decide what I'm going to do?" She scoffs and checks the underside of her nails before taking a glance back at the hollow. There was something about the look on... his face that didn't convey the sense of playfulness that she almost expected.

The idea that a hollow would eat its own kind was not a concept foreign to her, though admittedly she had never seen it for herself. From the handful of hollows that she had actually encountered in the living.... now that she thought about it the only hollows she had encountered in the wild were solitary. The stranger's claim might have a bit more weight than she was taught.

"Uuuuuugggghh! Fine! As long as you're just eating-," she lowers her voice when she notices someone passing by taking an interesting in her sudden outburst, "Ugh, sure, as long as you're just eating hollows you should be... fine."

Rin crosses her arms and looks away from him, her mind wandering back to that day when she was still just a kid. She wasn't even sure how a younger, less tempered 'her' would have reacted to what she was doing now.

"Blade stays in the case." She half-lift her hands in joking surrender. She keeps a few beats of silence to let the Hollow respond before starting again. "So... what were you wanting to get the 'missus' again?"

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Mar 22, 2023 20:06:31 GMT -5

"I mean," he'd start off almost immediately, "that you've been rather hostile for someone who you've just met.  It's rather insulting to have no ulterior motives and here you come along demanding and degrading me while almost threatening violence at every step." He'd shrug,  "I mean, hostility isn't an issue, as I've told you one of my friends...boyfriend?" he tilted his head before shaking it, it didn't matter.  "Tried to kill me and now I'm trying to woo him...though I admit I'm not 100% certain hes not a spy....back on topic, you're hostile one moment and then seemingly calm and understanding the next.  Pick a side, if you're going to attack then do it, I hate sneak attacks from behind...at least the stabby kind."

Then again, she had just said that the sword stays in the case...maybe he wasn't giving her enough leeway?

"But you've been cordial enough, I suppose, considering I'm a literal monster in human form.  If you really want to use that sword  on me I wouldn't be opposed to a spar of some kind, if you're ever interested.  Perhaps the winner could even ask a favor of the other...I do so love betting such things."  He'd raise an eyebrow at the woman, it was impossible to miss a jab.  "Just hollows?  You're not going to attack me if I eat chicken or beef then...are you?"

The question was rhetorical, of course, but then again he wasn't sure his sense of humor was really reaching the girl.  "Honestly...when it comes to Milo, my love, I just want the perfect night for her.  Something romantic to get our undead hearts thumping once again before we move forward with our immortal lives and whatnot. I thought a romantic dinner made with my own hands might have some...merit?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 26, 2023 21:11:59 GMT -5

Rin sighs as the monster drones on about her current mood. The idea of stabbing the thing in the back did sound nice, but it also sounded like it wasn't worth the effort. In fact, the longer this encounter was dragging on the more it made her confused.

"If a bear walked out of the forest in a suit and then said that they weren't there to hurt anyone and especially not eat them I think that anyone would be hard pressed to take the bear at its word, but they wouldn't want to-" Actually, now that she thought about it would the hollow even understand the bear was a threat. "W-wait... do you even have bears where you come from?" Rin brings her hand up to her chin unsure how to get the idea across to this thing...

"Tch! D-don't answer that!" She quickly interjects herself. It might be best to move on from this before the hollow tries to goad her again! Quite literally at that, Rin starts to walk down the street and bids the hollow to follow her.

"Eeeehhhmmm... So, your friend. Your girl...friend. Have you ever taken her out on a date before? What does she like?" She was fully prepared for this stranger to say something about hunting other hollows for food and sport or something like that. The concept of Hollows being in a relationship that wasn't some territorial rivalry confounded her.

"I guess I should also ask what is she like?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Mar 27, 2023 19:52:14 GMT -5

The arrancar raised an eyebrow at the woman's bear analogy.  He bit back the response he had ready as she tried to gather her own thoughts.  Yes, hollows had bears, they were just like any other hollow.  And if one showed up wearing a suit, he'd be rather curious where he got the suit...and how he learned to speak when he didn't have the necessary vocal cord structure to do so.  It was a fascinating question to ponder but...perhaps some other time, she was still talking and it might actually help him if he listened to her words the better answer her questions for once.

"Well..." he'd say, moving alongside her and turning so he was facing her.  He walked backwards, thinking as he avoided the many obsticles and people on the street seemingly without actually seeing them. "Its really rather hard to say.  We took our shinigami friend out on an actual date date...but he seemed only interested in her and not me and I'm not really sure if it counts as a date between us or all three?" he would shrug before thinking farther back.  "When she was a new hollow we'd meet once a year and I'd offer her advice, give her parts of menos to jumpstart her evolution, that sort of thing.  I don't know if you'd consider that a date either but...it hardly matters since she doesn't remember much of her time as a hollow once she broke her mask."

"Shes pretty...like really pretty." he'd smile, bumping into someone or something on the street as he lost his concentration.  "But I know thats not what you meant.  Shes amazing, nice and bubbly.  She actually doesn't like fighting now that shes an arrancar...I know that might shock you but not all of us do like fighting.  I've had to start going out and getting pieces of hollows to share between us because...well, despite her strength, I don't really want to risk her going out while being inexperienced and getting hurt."

He stopped for a second, tilting his head.  "Do you just...want to meet her?  I'm sure she'd love some girlfriends."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Apr 2, 2023 23:07:32 GMT -5

"Right..." There it was with more details about the shinigami love story. Rin couldn't help but wonder the arrancar got a kick out of spinning tall tales like that. Did he think the more details he gave her the more she would believe him? Seriously, it sounded like it was straight out of someone's fan-fiction... N-not that she would know anything about that!

"You're fine with leaving her on her own but you don't want her going out anywhere- Ah! Apologies!" Rin adopts an apologetic smile towards the stranger. He mutters a curse under his breath as he walks away from the duo.

Rin stops with Nezuel, but her eyes caught by the glimmer of a few dresses on display. She approaches the window and looks the mannequins up and down for a moment before turning back to Nezuel.

"Eh... I'd rather not right now, it sounds like she already has her hands full with you." Babysitting just one hollow sounded bad enough... but two? Two that were compatible enough to keep a stable relationship as hollows sounded like a complete night mare! She grabs the arrancar by the hand and forcefully drags him into the store, shuffling him around many rows of clothes.

"Honestly, do you see her as a partner? It sounds more like you still see her as a pet." Now, this wasn't the first time she had been here, no. Wow, it really had been a long time... rearranged the entire place, too. Paid a few months of the rent for sure but the person that commissioned her for the hit tried to screw her over hard.

Rin thumbs through a few more casual tops before her brow furrows. "Oi, hollow-boy, what size does she wear?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Apr 4, 2023 16:52:03 GMT -5

He was fairly certain that he didn't like what Rin was insinuating with her words now.  Insulting him when it most related to just him was one thing, but making it seem like he was either taking advantage of Milo or otherwise unhealthy for her was something else entirely.  That she implied that he didn't see her as an actual person also kinda pissed him off. "Shes a double G, medium or large since its hard to find dresses that fit one way or another." he'd say, to answer Rin's most recent question as she spoke.  He didn't know the store they were in, but Rin seemed to. 

Did he see Milo as a pet?

That idea seemed to stick with him for some reason.  His gut reaction was no but...he was in charge of feeding the both of them, she was amazingly cute, needed him to protect her from those stronger than her.  Was he keeping her around for any reasons other than her being a pretty face, for being the best part of his unlife.  He didn't think so...he didn't hope so.  If he did then she certainly didn't deserve that and he certainly didn't deserve her.

"When you're significantly stronger than someone you care about, you want to protect them," he'd say after a while.  "Especially if they are unable to protect themselves.  It's only common...but when I'm the very reason why someone might want to harm her..." He shook his head, perhaps she was better off without him.  "The lack of her memories is a large issue, sometimes I feel like I'm taking advantage of her but if I just abandon her would I just be worse?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Apr 11, 2023 1:07:17 GMT -5

Rin stopped at the mention of Milo's size with a bit of shock smattered across her face. She shakes her head and gets back to looking. That would... certainly narrow things down. Another brief pause and she abandons the rack she's thumbing through altogether. "Hmmm. Large will have to do, then." She walks a few meters down to another section and begins to thumb through some of the obviously larger articles

Rin makes sure to roll her eyes at his simple justifications while her back is turned. He obviously hadn't given this much thought at all. Of course, how could she expect some immortal monster to understand anything human.

"And why has she not been taught to defend herself? You're both technically immortal, right?" She pulls a loose and flowing sun dress from the rack and studies it for a moment. It's hard to imagine what she even looks like when the only details she's been given is her bust size... really says a bit about this perv's priorities.

She presents the clothing to Nezuel with a questioning hum, and either puts it back or tosses it to him based on his response before moving back to another rack.

"One day someone's going to kill one or the other. What is she going to do when you're gone if she can't fend for herself? How are you going to feel when you come back one day and find her corpse torn to shreds because 'they're unable to protect themselves'?" She makes sure to question the Arrancar in hushed and serious tones. The topic of conversation wasn't really in-place for the middle of a clothing store, no?

"Don't want to abandon her? If you really want to protect her the first thing you can do is teach her how to protect herself."

Rin pauses and pulls out a rather large skirt. "You think she would like this?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Apr 16, 2023 10:06:19 GMT -5

"Likely, she really likes sundresses and the like, so skirts would likely be close enough.  Her hair is purple, so if you have something that fits that color palette it'd be great." He'd shrug, before thinking on the humans words some more.  "Its not like I haven't tried, but shes simply not a fighter.  Shes strong enough that any normal hollow or other spiritual aware entity wouldn't able to harm her.  Arrancars are, at their very core, elite troops.  She can defend herself from anything other than an elite, an espada, a captain so on and so forth.  If one of those come to try and kill her it's likely because they want to get to me.  If shes unable to flee to safety no amount of training will make up the vast difference between sheer power."

It seemed likely that she'd just find something else wrong with his thought process, but there was hardly anything he could do to solve that.  Bad first impressions aside she seemed rather adamant about her own way of doing things.

"You always seem to assume the worst of me." he'd ask her after he'd given his input on another piece of clothing.  "Is it because I'm a hollow, or is there another reason you despise me?"