Bleach Hereafter RPG

It's a Dog's Life

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 12, 2023 23:53:43 GMT -5

Rin would never have thought she would know what it was like to be a piece of meat baked in an oven, but now she was hear. Through strained breaths she would plead to the spirits of the wind about her to keep her cool and to the spirits of the fire to keep away from her, though she could not tell if they listened.

The air about her felt as if it was searing the insides of her lung with every sip she dared to take and, yet, she did not choke and instead strains with each boiling breath.

As she pushes further into the buliding she finds herself suddenly overwhelmed by a powerful spiritual pressure. Rin places a hand against the wall to catch herself. Her legs tremble as the wall on the other side of her crumbles. She was certain that Hibano's reiatsu had been stronger, but it never carried with it such hostile and hellish intent as this thing.

It's burning gaze turned towards Rin as the last bits of plaster fell to the ground. All the sublime power and glory of an angry mountain bared down on her in an instant and choked her soul. The fullbringer gulped as her grip tightened on her blade. Her years as a coward and thief only made the animal in her brain screaming at her to run that much louder.

"Hey," her voice quivers to the beast in front of her, though she doubts that it can understand, "Do me a favor and die real quick," she takes a few faltering steps forward, a faint green glow forms around her body as she prepares herself for one final burst of action! "Your head better be one FAT fucking paycheck!"

A few more steps forward, taking on a more confident stride, and with one hand she fishes out a simple coin from her pocket. "Otherwise I'll follow your ass straight to hell and send you straight to oblivion myself!"

Manipulating the spirits within the coin, she imbues it with spiritual power as she flips the coin straight into the oversized mutt's eye! With her speed, she would then dash between to two minions following the boss around, and uses her blade to mince them before they can further get in her way!

With the adds hopefully out of her she uses her momentum to attempt to jam the miniscule blade of her skeleton key into the giant hellhound's leg. Uncertain if her ploy would actually work, she wills the key's power to life, attempting to lock whatever portal the hellhounds used to crawl back to the world of the living!

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Mar 16, 2023 12:53:15 GMT -5

Hibano

The charge at the pack leader of the hell hounds was brave, yet the bravery yielded some dividends. The two smaller hounds got slashed, one thrown back into the school sports arena and the other slamming into one of the walls of the corridor. The coin tossed into the eye of the pack leader did no damage - but it didn't have to, anyway.

The skeleton key jammed into the leg of the giant hound got it to let out a frustrated grunt, and drew its attention solely towards Rin. There was no visible indication that the "door" through which the hell hounds gated into the world of the living was shut - the mane around its back was just as fiery, the Reiatsu pressure was just as overwhelming. And there was hardly much time to assess, as the giant hound immediately lunged at Rin in order to try to trample her.

First, it sought to tear down a nearby wall, throwing down tons of flaming debris on the Fullbringer, then, it went for its jaw, aiming to catch and bite her.

For a second, it glanced behind its back - to see whether its two underlings were joining the fight. Neither of them were there, and they were not respawning from the pack leader's back, either.

Watching from the outside, the artificial volcano that the school had gotten transformed into was turning increasingly tumultuous, enough to draw the attention of someone watching.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 22, 2023 22:31:06 GMT -5

"What? No no NO! Come- AH?!!" Rin hardly had time to register that the giant beast was moving before she had to move out the way! She was lucky her fullbring was tasseled to the hilt of her blade, otherwise it would have surely been lost in the beast's motions.

With great effort she manages to weave through the beast's legs, trying to land at least another strike as it moves, but likely failing, to make more than superficial scratches in the giant's flesh! Alas, much like an animal being herded the monster manages to corner her as it rips down another one of the walls.

She manages to speed past the falling debris, indeed, but it is not until then she realizes she had fatally underestimated her foe. With a great speed belying its massive size the pack leader lunges into her with terrible maw!

Her mind lets her feel nothing at first. In just one moment she realized she could not move her right arm. Pinned against her body and only a vague sense of her bones pushing against something from the outside. Her vision is blurry, the flames before her suddenly blinding and... she's not facing the same direction she was before.

She knows her blade trembles in her left hand. She tries to move it... for some reason she can't summon the strength. She looks to her other side and her eyes grow wide. Before her presents a mangled mass of flesh and teeth. Blood oozes and boils away into something much thicker. Puncture wounds curl away like paper from a candle, cauterized almost instantly by the fires of damnation.

"Get off... me!" It's then that her brain seems to finally realize it was all her own. In that split moment she finds the strength to strike out, driving her blade into the the creature's neck! "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!" Rin screams with all the might she can muster, be it a wail of pain or a fierce battlecry, she did not care to know.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Mar 23, 2023 15:01:40 GMT -5

Hibano

The battle in the burning school was turning dramatic, and both for the Fullbringer and for the pack leader hell hound, any misstep surely meant certain doom. The sudden thrust, sent forth by Rin as a last resort, struck the giant hound in the neck, and the sheer force behind it forced it back, staggered. The end of the blade stuck out from the other side - and yet, in spite of the grotesque result, it was still not enough to take the hound down.

After a few steps back, it let out a roar mixed with a pained gurgle and lunged forth again, swinging a ferocious slash with one of its paws. Yet, suddenly, the hellish creature stopped.

Twin slashes, moving faster than the eye could track, sliced through the air, instantly amputating the paw and letting it fall to the ground.

Hibano stood in front of Rin, slowly sheathing his Asauchi, staring at the alpha hound with a furious glare.

"I could tell that the trickle of your underlings stopped. So, she was successful, and you're left all alone."

Even with one of its limbs bisected, the hell hound did not stop, this time leaping right at Hibano with its jaw wide open, aiming to bite and swallow the Quincy. Suddenly slamming the rest of his blade into its sheath, he grabbed his Quincy Bow, a pistol with a gray, steel-like texture attached to his belt. While the hound was still in the middle of the air, it aimed at the creature's open throat and unleashed two shots, each one easily piercing through and leaving gaping holes.

By the time the hound landed on the ground, it was a disintegrating cloud of hellish Reishi, that soon dissipated entirely. As soon as his eyes confirmed that the creature was taken down, Hibano immediately turned around to face the Fullbringer.

"Are you alright?!"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 26, 2023 23:12:27 GMT -5

Rin plants her sword on the ground for support as she falls to her knees. With the beast's infernal maw finally released the blood flows thick from what wounds hadn't been cauterized. A deep pain spreads through her, her arm numb and unable to move. She barely forces herself back to standing as the hellhound lunges at her again.

Was this really how she was going to die? To some monster? Her instructor would have been ashamed at such display. yet, as she moves to block the strike never lands.

In the space of a blink that boy from earlier sheathes his sword right in front of her. Another moment later and the wake from is charge suddenly tosses her hair in a mighty billow. Exhausted and surprised, Rin falls right on her back, the pain of which hardly even registers compared to the fierce pain that is starting to creep into her mutilated arm.

She can barely watch as the quincy quickly dispatches the beast. In a way she was jealous... if only she could make her job seem that easy.

The girl barely shakes her head in response to Hibano. "I-" Rin coughs right as she starts to weakly starts. As her body weakens her power, too, wanes. Every supernatural protection she had given fading in turn, "Not if you just leave me here, kid." Try as she might to keep her jokes light, the pain is easily heard in her voice. Her good arm cradles her torso as she tries, and fails, to sit up, only to be met with another flurry of coughs.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Mar 27, 2023 13:51:25 GMT -5

Hibano

In retrospect, that was a bit of a stupid question. Rin was bleeding out and her arm was mutilated, Hibano could see that as soon as he turned around - and she responded to his question of courtesy by basically asking him to help her. He did not hesitate.

"Alright, then hold on tight. We gotta leave this hellfire first," Hibano stated and swept Rin up from her feet, with care to make sure that he doesn't break her maimed arm any further, then ran through the burning school. Without the demonic dogs fanning the flames, they were already weakening, but much of the fire was still raging - and it made sense to bring someone wounded out of this danger before they can continue. After running through a few corridors, he leapt up, past the massive hole in the ceiling of the building, and ran out to the rooftops. After hopping down, past a few shacks and residential houses, he landed on the street.

There, he carefully laid the girl down and knelt besides her, rummaging through the pockets inside of his bleached white uniform.

"Ya know... I'm as old as you, there's no reason to call me a kid..." Hibano briefly muttered, then pulled out a small capsule, densely packed with Reiryoku. For a second, he balanced it on his thumb, then flicked it into the air, and immediately made a cross sign with both of his palms.

"Arznei!"

The capsule suddenly burst, releasing a cloud of Reiryoku that would start to settle down on the Fullbringer. It was a Quincy spell, intended as a first aid measure for soldiers wounded in battle - once it reached a target's wounds, it would accelerate the natural healing process and form a Reishi cast for a broken arm or leg to hold it tight and help it heal back.

"Are you feeling better now?"

Of course, she didn't have to know that it was his first time casting the spell outside of training.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Apr 1, 2023 4:42:53 GMT -5

"Mm! Mhm..." Rin visibly grimaced as every move jostled her limbs further. At the speeds that they would have needed to move it was practically impossible to avoid. Rin resolved to grin and bear it! Of course, all that resolve fell apart as soon as the quincy started laying her down on the ground.

"Aaaaaaahaaaatatata!" She clenches her teeth for a moment before she forces out a weak chuckle. "Eh?" What was he on about? Was this one of those weird spirit world things she was taught about? "You barely look like you're out of high school..." She shifted around a little bit as she felt the spell start to take effect, slowly setting her bones in a cast of that brilliant quincy blue.

"Though, I guess I could take it as a compliment~" Her tease was quickly met with some bone setting back into place with a painful pop. Ah, perhaps it was a bit too soon after that ordeal to be making jokes after all. Time to play clueless again, it seemed.

"You seem to know a bit more about this than I do... So what the hell was that back there? Nothing like the beasties I'm used to hunting." Maybe, if she was lucky, these quincies would know a bit more than the scant info she was given before being booted half way across the world. While she had managed to help stop the hellhound invasion she still had no idea why the hell they were here.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Apr 2, 2023 14:28:34 GMT -5

Hibano

Hearing Hibano's claim that he was as old as the girl, Rin reacted in confusion and then cracked a joke, claiming that she takes it as a compliment. Her teasing tone was answered by the Quincy's own confusion.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked - rather than taking any offense at the tease, he genuinely did not understand what about his words could be interpreted as a flirt. They were both roughly the same age? Barely out of teenage years and in young adulthood... it was merely stating a fact.

Rin moved on to asking about the incident - she wasn't familiar with the Hell Hounds and the pack leader that they fought in the burning school, and so asked what those were. Hibano sighed and rose to his feet, staring off towards the remains of the building complex in the distance. To be fair, he did not know that much about that scourge, personally - but, as a part of his studies as a Wandenreich Soldat, he was briefed about their origin.

"Well, we call them Hell Hounds, and the name tells you where they come from - they're creatures from Hell, the underworld. The giant beast we saw back there was the leader of their pack, which serves as a sort of... "gate" for its underlings to enter our world temporarily," he explained, then turned back to Rin. "Hell is where particularly evil souls go, I'm sure you can imagine what it looks like. It has its masters - Demons, whom these hounds serve. Why they come here, though... I don't think anyone really knows except the Demons themselves, and they don't really share."

Hibano turned the conversation around, asking the Fullbringer:

"So... who are you? You're armed, so you're not just a bystander, I assume."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Apr 3, 2023 1:19:49 GMT -5

"Ahaaaa... that's a lot to take in," Rin laments, "I'd ask you for more details but it sounds like you don't know much more yourself." That was about the extent that her bosses had told her, too.

With the spell's visual effects finally coming to an end, Rin would force herself to sit up with a wince. Unfortunately, it looked like introductions were still in further order. "Well," she sighs, trying to adjust to get more comfortable. She tries to get a bit of hair out of her face without using her arms but that proves a bit too difficult, "That's a really long answer you're asking for... Where do I even start?"

Rin shifts herself such that she can lean forward and finally has the chance to run a hand through her hair. She cant help but stare at the ruined landscape, the fires still burned strong, unsurprisingly. "Kizahashi Rin," she starts, a wicked smile spreading across her face. "I guess you wouldn't believe me if I said that I was just a girl on vacation?" The question, of course, was rhetorical.

She puts her arm back on the ground to support her weight, her core quickly growing sore and tired from supporting itself. "I guess you could call me a hunter?" Of course she left out just enough details to make sure that Hibano wouldn't get the whole picture. "It doesn't sound exactly right but that's what my teacher called us."

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Apr 4, 2023 2:56:33 GMT -5

Hibano

"Huntress..."

While, at first, Rin's path in life appeared similar to his - a Fullbringer who wanders around the world with a weapon and fights off monsters like these - Hibano quickly guessed that there must have been more to her than meets the eye. She let him know that she had a teacher of spiritual matters, who gave her that name - not just her, apparently, but "us". There were others like her, then?

That piqued his interest. The Quincies had a secret organization that united their kind in defense of one another and in pursuit of their common interest, so did the Fullbringers have something like that as well? At least, he was curious to know if such a thing existed - he was, after all, still technically a Fullbringer himself.

And though he now had a clue where he inherited his Quincy side from, the origins of his Fullbringer powers were still a mystery to him.

"I've never met one of you "Fullbringer Hunters" before..." Hibano continued after a brief pause in thought. "So, it's some sort of organization, then?"

It was an unlikely shot, but perhaps whatever organization assigned her that "teacher" might not be as secret as he assumed.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Apr 5, 2023 21:32:02 GMT -5

"Oi! Hnnng!" Rin groans as she tries to snap at Hibano, but quickly finds her body in protest again, "I'm... Don't correct my grammar. Hmph!" Rin turns over a bit while she pouts. Speaking of hunting, her teacher was going to be quite cross with her once she reported back. She could already hear him droning on and on about letting some two-pint Quincy save her ass. Maybe he would drop a scathing retort about how she should have died instead if he was feeling really creative with his insults that day.

Rin rolled her eyes, but it was only to guise a sudden surprise. This kid wasn't supposed to be leaping to the correct conclusions. She had to throw him off, and fast.

"If you could call five people and some old codger an organization, I guess?" She tries to play off the lie like some kind of joke, and tightens her hand around her midsection to feign off the pain. Or, was it really pain if it actually hurt?

Regardless, she had to turn it back around on this stranger before he just ended up playing twenty questions with her. "What about you? You one of those fullbringers you keep talking about, too?"

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Apr 8, 2023 7:06:45 GMT -5

Hibano

Rin suddenly changed her tone, stating that her "organization" was no more than five disciples and an old teacher. It did not sound entirely convincing, but Hibano could not guess what it was supposed to draw him away from. Perhaps her line of work was a bit more secret than he initially realized, or maybe she was simply embarrassed of him assuming that she was more important than she actually was.

Perhaps he can try interrogating her a bit more in the future.

She turned the question around to Hibano, asking about his own allegiance. First, she assumed that he was a Fullbringer as well - to which he calmly shook his head and answered:

"I'm a Quincy. We're... hunters too, I suppose. In a way. We've been protecting people across the entire planet from dangers they are unaware of for all of history," After the explanation, he briefly paused. considering how to continue. "There aren't many of us left, and those who remain have to stay in the shadows."

Both metaphorically, and very literally.

Hibano lifted his hand, holding it at heart's height - a small cross was hanging off its fingertips on a metal chain. It soon took on a light blue glow and transformed, constructing a silver-colored pistol in his hand. "We focus Reishi on an item to draw upon our power, too, but our focus is... a bit different from yours." The Reishi weapon disintegrated back into particles as soon as it was constructed.

"I was in this city in the middle of a search, then I witnessed the hell hound attack going on, and joined the fight. You know the rest."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Apr 16, 2023 0:53:27 GMT -5

"Kwinsee... I see." Rin honestly expect the quincy to giver her a lore dump. It was a bit hard for her to take interest in something she already knew. Looking and pretending, however, was a different story. She would make sure to sit up the best she could, but thankfully found herself actually distracted by the strange aches running through her body.

"What? Someone take offense to that uniform and decided that all of you had to go?" She mocked the boy sardonically, but she knew that it wasn't the furthest thing from the truth. She barely managed to end her sentence with a chuckle.

Rin raises her eyebrow as the gun forms in Hibano's hand. "Didn't expect such an up-tight kid to use such a criminal weapon." She scoots a bit closer and tries, but fails, to grab at one of the particles of Reishi dissipating into the air.

She pouts her lip as Hibano gets back on topic with a mission statement. "You make it sound like those things aren't connected." A mental note for later. She would probably have to say something about it in her report... UGH!

"What are you looking for? Maybe that's what brought them here?"

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Apr 17, 2023 6:49:10 GMT -5

Hibano

"Uhm..." Hibano muttered, his eyes slightly wider and a brief crack popping in his voice. "Yeah, but... maybe don't crack jokes like that."

Granted, it was a matter of politeness rather than him actually feeling wounded by the joke. He did not have much emotional generation with the generations of Quincy who perished at the hands of the Shinigami in the distant past, although it certainly confirmed his suspicions about the Shinigami that he held even before being found by the Wandenreich.

After calling him "kid" again - and "up-tight", too, as if she couldn't wave her two or three years of age difference in front of Hibano's face any further - Rin asked about the mission that he said he had arrived here for. Quickly, she began to imply that it might have been the reason why the Hell Hounds were here in the first place. The Quincy suddenly answered in a more authoritarive tone:

"They're not here because of-" Quickly realizing that he put more emotion into that statement than he probably should have, Hibano then paused, sighed and continued. "No, I doubt what I am looking for is in this city in the first place, so it probably was not connected. And before you ask me, no, I can't tell you what it is."

Hibano pulled his cross-carrying hand back to himself. "You'd die if you went after it. Even I'm not sure if I'm strong enough."