Bleach Hereafter RPG

It's a Dog's Life

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Feb 14, 2023 14:41:16 GMT -5

DEVIL DOGS
Type: Destroy (PvE) (Repeatable)
Level: 1
Description: Locate and eliminate the rogue Hellhounds that are terrorizing a region in the Living World. These monsters are invisible to spiritually unaware individuals, about the size of a large wolf, and breathe fire. They have appeared in an area with high spiritual activity and instead of hunting Sinners, are feeding on anything with ample amounts of reiatsu. The pack leader will be larger than the others and sport a fiery mane around their skull.
- Locate and destroy at least 6 Hellhounds.
- Eliminate the pack leader, otherwise the others will just respawn on them.

Jakarta, Indonesia

"Somebody help us!"

Screams and cries for help were ringing across the wooden suburban slums of the capital of Indonesia, and hundreds of people were fleeing with their belongings. A fire was spreading throughout the district - due to the massive congestion and lack of regulation for the shacks and homes, they were an unfortunately common occurrence even in spite of the tropical weather. Someone carelessly using open fire to cook food could easily turn into disaster.

Yet, unbeknownst to the panicking civilians, the cause of this fire was not an accident. Deep within the furious flames, a pack of hellish dogs were slowly scouring the streets, sniffing in search of a Reiatsu signature they registered in the slums a few minutes ago. As they travelled deeper into the district, the flames spread as well, sparked by their footsteps or flame breath.

Some locals organized a makeshift fire brigade, carrying buckets of water from the shallow reservoirs to douse the flames with, yet, to their surprise, it simply did not work. The fires could not be doused by simple sprays of water alone.

It wouldn't take long for this incident to catch the attention of other beings with spiritual powers - the hell hounds were not exactly hiding their demonic presence. The longer they could continue unabated, however, the more casualties they would cause in their path.

Last Edit: Feb 14, 2023 14:41:36 GMT -5 by Hibano

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 14, 2023 23:25:43 GMT -5

The powerful blaze was quick to bring sweat to Rin's brow, their staggering heat quick to dig under her skin and into her soul. Doubt crept into her mind and ate away at her will, becoming a voice in the back of her head telling, no, begging her to run.

Rin's hand quivered at the hilt of her blade as she forced herself to run forward against the throng of people. After years of training her mind should have been steeled and her hands certain of her path to victory, and yet she felt again like the helpless and ignorant little girl from her youth. Was she really ready for this? Certainly she liked to boast her abilities to comrades, but actually being sent out on something like this alone was a complete different ordeal!... Also she really couldn't use her squad-mates as scapegoats when she was on her own.

Rin would let her eyes close for just a moment as she gathered her nerves before casting them upon the pyres. As she ran closer she could hear the warning shouts of makeshift fire brigades directed towards her, though perhaps it was to her fortune that she didn't understand Indonesian, otherwise she feared her heart would waver.

A heavy and bated breath escapes her mouth as she draws her blade, whatever supression she had managed releasing as a roil of reiatsu spilled out from her soul. Even if she was not the strongest thing around, she figured her soul would prove a tastier bait than any of the other humans fleeing for her life. If the mounting howls were anything to go by her ploy might have worked. Now she just hoped all of them wouldn't arrive at once!

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Feb 16, 2023 10:55:27 GMT -5

The hell hounds had arrived to Jakarta after their masters in Hell sensed the appearance of a really powerful Reiatsu in the city - the task of the hounds was to snuff it out and feed on it, so it could be brought back to the Underworld. Yet, once they arrived to Jakarta, they could not track it down - as if the energy signature disappeared somehow.

A few of the members of the pack were running through one of the burning streets, aiming to advance to another neighbourhood and sniff for any Reiatsu there. Yet, suddenly, one of the hounds stopped. A new Reiatsu popped on their radar - not the same one that they were searching for, considerably weaker, yet certainly better than nothing.

Though the hounds were more animalistic than sapient, they had the capacity to understand that they will be punished if they do not bring anything back to their home dimension. A small snack was better than nothing. So, a total of five hounds hopped from their position, crawling over a few shacks and setting them on fire in the process, before leaping down in front of the Fullbringer.

Each one were snarling, releasing embers from their jaws as their eyes stared the woman down. For now, they remained in position, merely standing and slowly stepping towards the Fullbringer - but at any time, they may leapt forward and attack.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 17, 2023 1:15:53 GMT -5

The response was practically immediate. Rin could feel her heart sinking into her stomach as she met the burning pits of the first hound's skull. There was something about it beyond the simple hollows she had been trained to defeat, the way its spiritual energies wicked away at her own. Beyond the simple hunger and malice she had become familiar with.

She stops in her tracks as she notices more of the infernal beasts. A frown spreads across her face as she grits her teeth.

"O-oi... you weren't all supposed to get here at the same time... just how many of you are there?" Just her damn luck! Her hand moves quickly to the hilt of her blade. Her eyes dance between them, a trained mind plotting her opening move. Her hilt rattles as she tightens her grip by instinct, a thumb drawing the blade by its first few centimeters

Rin takes a deep breath, the flames of her will searing into her lungs as her stance goes wide. Her ire focuses on one of the beasts towards the edge of the forming pack. Perhaps her plan was foolhardy but she couldn't lose such an opportunity to strike!

A flashing of brilliant green pushes Rin towards one of the beasts as she calls upon the Spirits of the road beneath her. As she approaches closer she suddenly jukes to her left, perhaps to throw off her animalistic foes for but an instant, and draws her sword into a vertical strike as she attempts to split one of the hounds' skulls!

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Feb 17, 2023 14:37:17 GMT -5

The hell hounds could sense the Fullbringer's fear when they arrived - and it only made them more ready to assault the woman. In spite of her concern with meeting so many of them at once, she drew her weapon and struck first. Individually, each of the hounds were slightly weaker than the average Fullbringer, their strength was in numbers - so, struck by the blade, the targeted hound made a step back with a brief whimper. A slash mark was left on its skull, and briefly stopped it from advancing.

The other hounds, seeing that the Fullbringer went on the attack, ran forward, opened their jaws, and unleashed a flood of fire upon the rooftop. Fire was their natural habitat, so, once the battlefield is nothing more than fire, they could safely gnaw, bite and take down their victim. A few of the hounds leapt forward, aiming to do exactly that.

The situation may have appeared quite dire. However, out of nowhere, intervention suddenly came.

One of the hounds turned its head to the side, the creature's sixth sense alarming it of an incoming powerful Reiatsu. It suddenly descended down, moving faster than the untrained eye could track, and swept up the Fullbringer off her feet. After leaping off, the new arrival landed on the roof of a small department store a little further away from the fire.

It was a teenager, dressed in pure white Quincy attire, with a sword hanging off his back. After setting the girl down, he immediately asked:

"Are you alright?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 19, 2023 3:30:52 GMT -5

Rin's momentum carries her through the swing and she braces a hand against the ground as she slides into a stop. "Damnit!" Was she losing her touch? Did she not put enough power into her swing!? Her teacher always told her her strikes were too listless! The last thing she wanted to do was die proving that prick right!

On cue, the rest of the dogs would descent and surround her, their maws spilling forth hellish flames that would surely singe her at the least. A faint green glow starts to surround Rin's body as she prepares to make a daring escape from the jaws of these literal demons.

She notices the overpowering reiatsu at about the same time as the hellhound, her glance only able to catch a blurry flash of white rushing to her. Everything in her brain tells her to move and run but her meat shell, perhaps fortunately, is too slow to react. The world becomes a whirl of color the briefest of instants, her feet not realizing that she had been swept up until they made new contact with the roof of another building.

"Tch!" Rin recognizes the white and blue almost instantly from her studies, but figures quickly that it may be best to not let on how much she knows. "I was doing just-" She suddenly notices the smell of burning hair and watches the smolders of a flame turn the ends of several strands to ash. "...thanks."

She turns around and plants the tip of her sword onto the roof, resting her hands on the base of the hilt, only able to watch as the building she was on just moments ago was consumed by the flames. Her strategy was flawed, that's what her mentor would have told her... That a blind man would have been able to see more clearly or some other damned idiom.

"And just who are you? I didn't hear of any cosplay conventions in town today." She sighs and gives the boy time to answer.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Feb 19, 2023 12:52:12 GMT -5

Hibano

The girl was not satisfied with being pulled away from danger, but as soon as she realized the predicament she was in, and the flames that were still leaving their mark on her, she changed her tone. Her statement, however, left the young Quincy confused.

"I... what?" he mumbled, once confronted over being dressed like a cosplayer. That was the last thing he expected to hear from someone he just pulled out of the jaws of a hell hound pack. "I don't... look like a cosplayer, this is a uniform..." Briefly, he shook his head. There was no need to waste time with this, when there was a pack of hellish wolves to dice up. "Whatever. My name is Hibano. I was in the area, when I saw that you needed help, and, well..."

The truth was that he was a bit more involved than just "in the area", but there was no reason to explain any of that to a stranger. Hibano's eyes immediately shifted to the side, tracking the hell hounds. The group which was fighting the Fullbringer girl a few moments prior was slowly advancing towards them, and a few more wolves, attracted by their Reiatsu, leapt up from the streets, landing on the rooftop and encroaching them from behind.

Hibano grabbed onto the handle of his Asauchi, ready to draw.

"You're... a Fullbringer, aren't you? Is there anything you can do with your focus that would help here?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 19, 2023 23:45:24 GMT -5

"Eto, uniform? Sure..." Rin takes another glance back to the boy, a slight grin flashing across her face as she watches the boy writhe against the insult. She then turned her eyes back to the flames. She had little doubt that Hibano, as he was calling himself, would be able to so easily lose the hounds as he did before, especially if she was in tow.

"Mm," Rin nods as he finishes his sentence, acknowledging his deed, "and I'm glad you were there to save me." She too cannot help but watch the devil dogs rushing towards them, she cannot help but feel her heart dropping into the pit of her stomach as she counts even more of them crawling their way out from the depths of the slum... Well, maybe her new 'friend' here could prove himself a useful tool. He was certainly powerful as she could feel, but there was something else to the feel of his reiatsu now that she focused on it, but she could not bring to mind exactly what.

"Full-what?" Rin turns her head to meet Hibano's gaze again, assuming that he's even looking. "My... huh? You mean this key?" The woman lied as naturally a she breathed, it wouldn't make her a good thief if she couldn't, after all. She moves the hilt of her blade to draw attention to the object tasseled to the hilt of her blade, a rusted skeleton key that looked like it was older than either of their grandparents, dangling just barely in the fire's rising wind.

"I don't know, you have a particular door that needs unlocking that fits into all this somehow? Otherwise I think I'll keep using this sword..."

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Feb 21, 2023 11:01:03 GMT -5

Hibano

Though she was apparently confused at first, the girl, who hadn't given Hibano a name yet for him to refer to her with, pointed to a key she held. Yet, her powers turned out to be useless in a combat situation - with them, she could unlock any door she wanted to. Hibano briefly glanced at the key bouncing around the hilt of her sword. It made sense, not every Fullbringer had to manifest their powers as something destructive.

"...right," he answered, and briefly stepped closer to her, returning his attention to the approaching hounds. Each individual hound were not much to write home about, but Hibano had seen before that this was not where their real strength laid.

"...actually, it might be a little helpful," the Quincy suddenly changed his tone. "These hounds... they spawn from their pack leader, a lot larger and with a fiery mane. If we don't fine where it is, these creatures will keep on coming at us indefinitely."

One of the hounds began running forward, but Hibano intimidated it into a stop by suddenly pulling out his Asauchi. Even in this, simple form, it clearly resembled a Shinigami's weapon.

"I can keep them busy and make you an opening to leave - and you can try to find where the pack leader is located. It should be... uh, somewhere in the fire, I assume..."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 23, 2023 0:11:28 GMT -5

Rin smiles as the boy describes the beast's pack leader. Admittedly, it didn't take much to make the pieces fall in her head. "So you'd say it's like a door, huh?" The woman's voice becomes tad bit more excited than it needed to at the prospect. She takes a step forward toward the edge, taking one last look at the dogs' approach before looking back to Hibano

"Tch! That's still a lot of ground to cover." She turns a bit more to look him directly in the eye, a harsh gaze piercing right into his soul. It was something between studying him and sizing him up. She could tell even now that he could easily best her. Maybe her perspective was a bit more than biased but she was almost certain that this one could prove a threat to the Red Lotus... Maybe if she could just let him tire against the hounds... no, he would kill them first, she discards the thought.

"So, there's a limit to how many of those things it can have, right? Otherwise this city would be flooded with the damned things." She raises an eyebrow and adjusts her resting position against her blade. It was a bit more than obvious that this Hibano kid knew more about these things than she did.

"Mmmm, right then... I'm going to hold you to that promise earlier. Be a good piece of bait, okay?" The woman gives a mock salute before slinging her katana over her shoulder. A few beats of walking later and she speaks up again. "Kizahashi, by the way. Nice to meet you."

She doesn't give the boy time to respond before she leaps forward in a flash of green light, carefully leaping across rooftops as she searches for the pack leader Hibano described to her.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Feb 24, 2023 16:58:55 GMT -5

Hibano

"I-I guess? I dunno if your powers will count it as a door, but I'm not the one who wields them..." Hibano answered Kizahashi's remark comparing the pack leader of the hell hounds to one. That was not what came to his mind first, but if it turns out she can actually seal the "door" with her abilities, that would be even better.

After teasing the Quincy a bit, describing him as "good bait", the Fullbringer leapt off, leaving for her search. This time, Hibano merely sighed at the commentary, and shifted his focus to the hounds instead. Having gotten briefly intimidated by Hibano's display of his Asauchi, the creatures allowed him and Kizahashi to plan their next moves, but now, they were rushing forth yet again.

He merely walked forth, calmly, and did not even raise his blade in response to the running hell hounds. Once the first hound leapt at him, he suddenly ducked and blitzed past the creature, now holding up another weapon in his free left hand - the Quincy Bow, in the shape of a gray, metallic handgun.

Wielding both the Bow and the Asauchi, Hibano lashed out against the hounds, firing off powerful Reiatsu bolts at the creatures around him while speeding past the ones closest to him, dicing them apart faster than they could react.

The Jakarta neighbourhoods were overtaken by flames, and a careful step on the wrong piece of wood may lead to it breaking down from the pressure of the flames, leading whoever was standing on them down to a fiery doom below. The streets were long since evacuated, and compared to the usual bustling urban life, they were ominously vacant.

Suddenly, a vast plume shot forth from a building in the distance. It was a primary school, the entire roof of which was now melted down by a volley of fire and lava.

Soon, two Hell Hounds jumped out of the school, running down the streets - straight towards the Fullbringer.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 26, 2023 22:41:27 GMT -5

Rin continued to move from building to building, only able to filter out some of the smoke with the arm of her jacket shoved against her mouth. As the blaze grew more intense it would become harder and harder for the fullbringer to keep her focus, in turn making it harder to for her to detect the presence of souls. Even that Hibano, whose presence hung like a full moon in the night sky, had almost seemed to wane until it was nothing more than the dark blot barely visible in the vast and open skies.

She stops for just a moment to regain her bearings and redirect her focus, attempting to reach out and find those infernal dogs once again, but in the end she didn't need to. A pillar of flame and lava spills forth from a school against a cataclysmic backdrop of rising smoke. Rin finds herself hesitating, wondering if anyone could be left alive in there after an explosion like that.

Before she knew it, she spotted another pair of the devil dogs bounding down the street in her direction, their empty pits of eyes piercing straight into her soul.

Rin clicks her tongue before leaping down to the ground below, falling on and crushing the roof of a car as she did so. She readies her blade and charges forth towards the beasts. With only the two of them in her way this time there is no doubt in her mind that she should be able to handle them.

With as deep of a breath as she can manage in this inferno she rouses the spirits within her blade into action, coating the weapon in a brilliant green glow. As soon as one of the dogs lunges for her Rin leaps to the side in a flash, rebounding off a nearby building an launching herself back towards the thing in a swift counterattack aiming to lop off the first dog's head!

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Mar 1, 2023 15:20:18 GMT -5

Hibano

The two hell hounds who jumped out of the school and approached Rin were not expecting the Fullbringer to charge at them with such speed. A slight tinge of concern, a rare emotion for any creature of Hell to experience, got the first hound to come to a stop before a wide slash cut through its body. It whimpered and grunted, then dispersed into a red mist that retreated back towards the school.

The second hound entered a melee with the Fullbringer, but it too was taken down. Individually, each of the hounds could hardly compare to a trained Fullbringer, it was their replenishing numbers and their ability to prey on untrained, yet spiritually aware individuals that they relied upon.

In fact, right as the two hounds were destroyed, turned into mist, and that mist departed, three more hounds began crawling out through the walls and the blown apart ceiling of the school. They leapt off, once again stepping onto the street, and sniffing the air to register Rin's presence.

Hibano was still locked in combat with the rest of the hounds - the group of which had gotten noticeably thinner. Handling them all would have been easy, but after the first few Hounds were sliced up, the Quincy went for a defensive posture instead, keeping the creatures at bay without killing them.

Otherwise, they all will just respawn and we'll end up where we started...

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 5, 2023 6:57:16 GMT -5

"Tch!" Rin spits as she reaffirms her grip on her sword. She thought that she would have more time before the things could just respawn. It wasn't like Reishi could just reform instantly, right? What was Hibano doing? Wasn't he supposed to be keeping them bus!? The bastard!

Rin flourishes her blade and resets her stance as the new hellhounds take notice of her. At least the damned things had the courtesy of confirming where their mother was!

Rin runs forward again, pushing through breaths choked with ash and dust! She waits again for the dogs to approach before a flash of green light sends her slipping between the beasts and her blade once again carving through another of  them! Taking a note from Hibano's plan, instead of wildly wasting her energy carving through each and last one of them, she would selectively prune them so that their numbers could not gain purchase, not unlike how one would prune a banzai tree.

With another flash of light the fullbringer hurls herself towards the building ahead faster than the hounds could follow her! "Come on, where is the damned thing!" Rin looks for any path that she could find that would actually let her into what remained of the building without immolating herself in the hellfire! Within her soul, she reaches out and tries to sense for any reiatsu that could indicate such a beast!

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Mar 7, 2023 9:25:58 GMT -5

Hibano

Moving faster than the two hounds could track, Rin rushed past them and sliced through the side of one of them - yet, she did not stay, rushing towards the school. The other hound, briefly confused by the unexpected blow, turned around and ran after the Fullbringer, but it could not catch up.

The school was almost completely overtaken by fire, yet it was not so thorough as to not offer someone a way to slip in inside - windows or doors, opened by students and teachers who have long since fled the school grounds, or simply hopping through the partially collapsed ceiling. Magma mixed with flows of melting cement, seeping through the surface - it, alongside the fires spread everywhere, made for a rather hazardous space to walk through. Yet, the air was not lacking oxygen - the fires may have appeared like real fires to civilians, but they were caused by hellish Reishi rather than anything chemical, so an ordinary person inside of the inferno wouldn't immediately choke from the smoke.

There were a million other things that could kill someone there, anyway.

A wall that separated the corridor from the school's sports arena suddenly crumbled, pushed out of the way by a large creature approaching. It was a hell hound much larger than the rest, standing as tall as a basketball hoop, with fires spreading from its mouth and circling around it, like a mane. Two ordinary Hell Hounds were following after it, shuffling around its legs.

The Reiatsu radiating off it was much stronger than the rest, as well, and it stared towards Rin with the eyes of a predator.