Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 25, 2023 4:40:06 GMT -5

PIZZA TIME
Type: Courier (PvE) (Repeatable)
Level: 1
Description: On the way back from picking up a pizza for your group, you are attacked by Shinigami. Evade the selected pursuers and return to base with the pizza intact.

Don’t drop that delicious pizza pie.
Keep moving. Name of the game is evade, not fight.
Don’t lead any foes back to your base.

Thaaaaaank you~!” Rin gives a bright smile to the greasy chef behind the counter. She hardly knew him at all and yet this guy still acted like he was everyone’s best friend. Some people would have said he had a smile that could light up a whole room, but she found his neighborly attitude grating. There was something behind that smile, she was certain of it… She just hadn’t figured out what it was yet.

But, the results spoke for themselves, hands down his little shop made the best pizza she could get her hands on. The hints of delicious melty cheese dancing with overbearing sizzling sausage were enough to get the stomachs of anyone grumbling.

Rin takes a quick look behind to make sure the shop owner wasn’t looking before pulling the key around her neck off its string and bringing it to a nearby moped. It glows for just a moment before the little vehicle purrs to life.

Rin chuckles a devious little chuckle as she loads the food into the box on the back…. Now, the shop owner was a nice guy but she figured out a long time ago that the cameras he kept on the outside of his shop were just for show. If one was to really think about it, the fact that she was so easily able to steal one of their mopeds right now was really his fault, right?

Rin whistles a little tune as she straps on the helmet so graciously left by some poor delivery driver before she speeds off down the street.

Her destination? She had been ordered to get familiar with a small group of Fullbringers that had cropped up in Southern Japan and ingratiate herself with them and report back on them regularly. Rin assumed it was some kind of recruitment preparation. They were very sparse on details and Rin hated lingering on vagaries. As long as she was getting paid she wasn’t about to start asking too many questions.

She was only a few minutes away from the shop when she saw the first black mark against the sky. Confused, she looks up and spies none other than the distinct black robes of the Shinigami!

Eh?” What was happening here!? She had been careful to cover her tracks! How did they!?-

Rin’s thoughts are suddenly cut as she swerves the moped to avoid the strike of another! “O-Oi! I think you have the wrong- KAH!” Before she can properly react yet another of the Soul Society’s mooks lands and strikes her new ride! Time almost slows down for her in that briefest of moments. Bolts, metal shrapnel, and other bits and bobs fly out from a strike that just narrowly avoided her midsection, but what quickly grabs her attention is the pizza behind her!

She torturously watches as the pizza box is sent careening far into the air. The exasperated expression that had recently painted her face suddenly steeled itself into a fierce scowl as she knew what must be done.

A flash of brilliant green light flashes behind Rin’s leg as she launches a powerful kick right into the shinigami’s face!

While the stooge recovers she leaps into the air and gingerly catches the flying pie before landing back to the ground. She whips her head back toward her assailants with enough force look as if she was about to snap her head right off. She moves a hand toward her hilt only to realize it wasn't there

"Tch!" Not good, not good at all! Her only choice was to run... so that's exactly what she did! After just a beat of silence She takes off down the alleyway!

Still recovering, the rather plain-looking shinigami rubs his jaw with a grunt, looking back towards Rin just in time to watch her bolt down the winding alleys.

"What are you doing!?" He snaps back to his subordinates, "Don't just stand there! After her!"

Player

Insert Passive Aggressive Statement Here

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Feb 25, 2023 12:40:20 GMT -5

Janus was walking down the street with a rather bored look on her face. She passed a few people and each time she did, she visibly flinched away, trying to keep her divination from going off on its own. Which, to be completely honest was not as easy as it sounded, especially because it was already pinging a ton of information about a group of black robes chasing some mage with a... Janus blinked and searched the future again. A pizza? Wow, the villains of the spiritual world strike again, apparently they were so evil, after failing to blow up the world, protecting a monster that made supernatural weapons of mass destruction, summoning bookworms from another dimension they claimed to be demons or some nonsense they would not even let humans have a pizza.

Janus laughed and her cream colored greatcoat seemed hungry again. She could have walked away, which she wanted to do, really. Unfortunately sometimes time WANTED to happen. If she tried to avoid the fuss, it would just come barreling to her anyway. She pulled out her phone and checked the time before she heard a vehicle approaching.

Janus looked at the alley next to her and pulled out her phone to look at the time as she heard a footsteps approaching. She watched the girl bolt past her with a pizza as a black robed stooge fired a bolt of lightning from his fingers towards her. Janus looked down as the bolt passed her and the girl with the pie to the fire escape near her. It amazed Janus the few times that physics actually decided they still existed around pajama samurai.

Janus would have just let them deal with their own problems, but one of the dam pajama samurai, the one that looked like he was in charge, barreled into her in an attempt to get to the girl with the pizza. That, was just rude. Janus sighed and took a step towards the man in pajamas and the Cyclops stepped out of her body.

Then the masked version of Janus and the Janus bearing a gun and the punk Janus all did the same. Each member of the Army immediately rushed one of the pajama samurai and cut them off the woman as Janus walked on as if she did not have a care in the world as each member of the Army began to get in the pajama samurais way.

"Might I suggest not coming to my dimension. You do not seem to do anything useful here. So, please leave to the nearest parallel dimension, or... we might get mad." She stated looking over at the leader of the group of pajama samurai.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Feb 27, 2023 1:15:31 GMT -5

"GAH!" Rin yelped as the flash of lightning streaked passed her and careened into a distant fire escape! By instinct she take a look back towards the pursuers. The damned ghosts would easily be able to gain on her on foot. Eyes forward, she takes a brief glance at the strange character at the other side of the alley. A curious outfit and a strange look on their face.  The fact that this woman is looking towards the shinigami just a moment away from riding Rin's coattails doesn't even occur to her as she quickly sidesteps around the woman to avoid running into her.

"Sorry!" Rin shouts but gives her little heed before rounding the corner and taking off down the next street!

The plain-looking Shinigami suddenly finds themselves forced to take a step back, confused with just how many people had simply appeared out of just a single human. It shows as a look of shock on his face. Had he not been focused on the reiatsu of that girl from before he probably would have been able to tell something was amiss with the way this one looked towards them.

Both hands move to his blade as he uses the blunder to put distance between him and this... Clone! Before he knows it several more similar reflections have done the same to tie up his subordinates.

A spark of anger starts to well inside him as this woman speaks with her odd words and irreverent tone. Who was this human to get in the way of official matters of the Soul Society!? He clicks his tongue before he speaks, "Her arrest is part of an official investigation, human," he makes sure state the fullbringer's race with more than a hint of spite, "dismiss these... puppets at once and we can forget that this ever happened, hmm?"

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Feb 27, 2023 16:58:34 GMT -5

"Official, well considering you are officially, here, on Earth. Which means not in your dimension, with no authority at all mind you; We think that you should just go home. For your sake and theirs." Janus stated pointing at the other shinigami that had easily been subdued by the Army. Janus herself was weak, weaker than anything else in the supernatural world, but the Army, the Army was in fact, its namesake.

"We also would not call them puppets. That happens to be quite derogatory considering we literally pulled and laced power through the future to drag us here." Janus stated as she turned away from the crazy racist, which meant pretty par for the course shinigami and stretched out. The punk Janus walked towards the leader of the shinigami and gave the dude a hit the road or get your ass beat look and Prime just scratched the side of her head.

The human, on the other hand, was probably fine, not like Janus could chase supernatural humans anyway. While they seemed to teleport, just like everything else in the spiritual, she, never had that power. Though chrono-displacement and isolated worm hole theory were not lost on her. Just the power happened to be. She did divination, not whatever the hell allowed them to do that. The Cyclops walked up to Prime and spoke, in a bored tone.

"What was that about?" She asked Prime as she looked off down in the direction of the human and Prime wandered towards a more lit and living part of the city as the Army began to slowly walk towards her path. A weird flex of reality around her as if the corners were wrong as they stepped back into Prime.

"Not a clue, but she should be fine now. Not like we can catch her anyway." Janus said to herself, just as she wandered on.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 4, 2023 21:50:00 GMT -5

Oh, it was true, Rin could have easily taken the opportunity to speed herself away, but she couldn't! Not with a hot and delicious pizza pie in her hands! The moment she hears the shinigami and the women yellling at each other she stops and throws herself against a nearby wall, attracting the stares from the handful of passers-by on the sidewalk.

Sideways she creeps her way back towards the alley to see what was going on, she suppresses her Reiatsu as much as she is able as she peeks around the corner.

For starters, it looked like the strange lady had friends?? She was certain they had been a real person when she dodged around them. Was she also a Fullbringer? Rin mentally cursed. Her boss should have known if there was another fullbringer in the area. Why didn't he tell her anything about it?

She pulls away and starts off running again, at a very much human speed. She had questions she needed answered before she just cut off

The shinigami sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. He really didn't have time to deal with the ramblings of these humans. He had a job to do and he wasn't about to let some fool with strange powers get in his way!

"You know what? Fine. We'll get out you and your pup- hm, friends' hair. How does that sound?" He stared down the silent thing that placed its way in front of him with a tired eye. Honestly, he would have rather been hunting hollows right now. At least he could kill those without having to answer to anyone.

He motions for his underlings to follow him back as he sheathes his zanpakuto with a grimace on his face. He whispers something to his subordinate, hushed so that the fullbringer could not hear. "Minami, do you still have a lead on her reiatsu?"

Rin waited further down the street by the entrance to another alley. She knew it wouldn't take long to spot the mysterious fullbringer with unique sense of fashion and strange aura about her. She does her best to sneak up on the oracle, unknowing of her powers, and strolls up right behind her.

"Heeeello again," she says with too cheery a voice, "I don't think we've met... I'm Kizahashi. Nice to met you!"

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Mar 11, 2023 17:38:04 GMT -5

Janus was rolling her neck as the last one stepped back inside her body as the corners seemed to flex in weird ways and she looked back at towards the voice as she held a number counting down in her hands. She turned around, looking the other human over and blinked before bowing politely. "We probably have, or have yet to, or are now, meeting. Janus, the pleasure is all mine...ours I think?" The diviner stated as she looked through the futures and grunted.

"Those pajama samurai will track you, are? Will find?" She stated to the other human. Though, getting into another fight with them was going to get them all killed, including her in very nasty ways. She was thinking as she continued looking for signs of violence in the future. She really ought to stay away from this, it would be better for the Prime's health. This one had lasted a few months, far better than some of the others especially when some had lasted minutes.

"Should you not be delivering that food?" She asked the other human, Kizahashi, as she looked at the pizza. It smelled good, but she was a good cook and cooked for her Bed and Breakfast herself, you know before a white robe had blown it the hell up.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 16, 2023 22:37:27 GMT -5

"Eh?" Rin wasn't sure how to respond to something like that, the switch between tenses threw her head for a loop, especially without context. "R-right." She tried to return the bow, but the pizza definitely made it a bit more awkward than she would have liked. Besides, what was she doing trailing her greeting with a question like that??? Rude!

She would start walking along whatever same path the other fullbringer had been on before she introduced herself, hoping that she could get the stranger to follow her if just for a bit. The name she gave to the Shinigami was... well to make it obvious it managed to get an unrefined snort from Rin. "Pajama samurai? Haha~!" She asks, assuming that it was a joke, but a glance over to the stranger told her that they were probably quite serious.

"I mean, I bought this food," she makes a point to adjust and use a hand to brush back her hair before opening the box for just a few seconds to check on the pizza inside. So far so good! "If those twerps care about it getting cold so much they can just reheat it or something. Hmph!"

The box closes with all the force and presentation cadrboard can muster. It takes a few seconds to properly adjust her hands comfortably. "Ah, I hope those creepy cosplayers got lost... Truth is I'd rather not deal with them right now... Do you mind walking with me a bit?"

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Mar 17, 2023 19:26:29 GMT -5

Janus listened, politely as she wondered why anyone would want to be around her. If the young woman used her powers, she would ditch Janus in a second. The problem with being human was that the Prime was only human. The pajama samurai comment was no joke, after all death gods died, and were from another dimension, therefore, not gods. That mad Janus search the futures for intelligence, but she was not finding much in the way of that.

"Sure, though we do not know how walking with you will help you miss." Janus looked her over and shrugged, unlike most humans, Janus had removed anything sexual from her brain as a teen, after all it was dangerous for a Diviner. See sex, thousands of times in thousands of ways end up dead from an endless loop. She was more looking for muscle mass, because of something Hy had said about the fact that it did not matter at all as far as power went.

"We, are Janus. If you have your pizza, why not eat it?" She stated as if it was some basic fact that everyone should naturally know. She was a very basic person and thinking was a lot of time beyond her, she missed Niji just explaining in futures so she did not have to ask but that was a very acquired skill.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 25, 2023 4:01:59 GMT -5

You never got accosted on your way home from school? I’m jealous.” Rin made sure to deliver her jeer with monotone surprise and a cocked eyebrow. She hoped that would get her point across.

"Besides," She gets ahead of Janus's path to make more of a point, "it sounds like this isn't the first time you've dealt with them? What's up with that?" Rin tries to keep a curious smile as she attempts to pry more of this stranger's story.

"'Cause it's not for me!" As if to emphasize her point she opens the box to check on the surprisingly intact pie. "They should have coughed up the extra cash for delivery if they were that concerned!"

It was another good beat before Rin spoke again, "I don't meet too many other people like me," this wasn't technically a lie depending on the interpretation, "it's nice to not feel like a freak."

Truthfully she was hoping goad the shinigami into fighting this stranger rather than her. Was that evil of her? Well, Rin would call it an improvised retreat. It was simply the best option she had on the table at the moment when her enemy was just as fast as her. Couldn't be helped~.

"You're kidding me..." The shinigami grimaced in disbelief. Their target should have kept running, at least then it would have been harder to keep track of her. The leader should have felt elated, but now he couldn't help but let a feeling of deep disappointment rut around in his stomach. The hunt, then, would have at least been fun.

"What? Now you're mad that she's stupid? You're the one that said we should back off, Tetsuo..." Minami scoffs as she sits on the edge of the building

"DO NOT-!" Tetsuo takes a breath and adjusts the glasses on the bridge of his nose. "It... It was not our objective. Besides, if we fought that stranger the target would have had even more time to get away."

"You know the rules~. Now we go with my plan!"

"... Are you sure about this, boss?"

"Just- just get into position."

It wasn't but a few moments later that Janus would have the opportunity to see Rin's assailants return in the form of two streaks of pale lightning firing from the tops of nearby buildings towards the pair! They might not have been the strongest around, but there would be a good amount of power behind them. Curiously, there were only two.

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Mar 25, 2023 18:47:25 GMT -5

Janus spoke under her breath as she addressed Rin's lines as they came up, almost before she said them.
Then she wondered why she never had any friends. "Didn't go to school my parents locked me up for being insane." She said as she shifted, her coat moving in the opposite direction as if it were alive.

"They're kind has literally killed me, so yes I have dealt with the before, it never ends well for me... 14 times I think? I don't really get to remember when the Prime changes so it might be much higher." Janus stated as the girl looked at the pie.

"Like you? I don't know what that means. Most other witches don't have divination, if you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation we already had it. If you mean Sorcerer, there's a lot around I just stay away from them, it's hazardous to my health. Of the last four I met, three killed me, though I think I told one of them to do it, and one ratted me out to the crazy blu-."

Janus stated pointedly as the streaks of lightning hit her divination too late. This was the problem, people. For each person there were choices, the more choices the more futures and pay attention to the conversation and not the future and well, this happened...

Janus looked down as half her torso was torn away in the lightning blast. The smell of burned meat as she fell forwards and to the ground in a crumpled pile of dead flesh. Then, as quickly as she had been ended the buildings near the two women flexed and bowed into something out of a real 3D horror film and the angles began to move into vectors that were not even real.

Time seemed to slow down before it realized something was wrong, and Janus rocked up backwards into the spot she had been speaking a second before. "crazy blu-." She looked around as reality flexed again and she looked confused. "Oh.... FRAK!" She said as the Army ran out of her body and intercepted the next few attacks and she looked around the futures for the only thing she was actually afraid of and a moment later... she found it.

"SHIT!!!!! She's coming, FRAK YOU IDIOT PAJAMA SAMURAI!" She screamed as her army went out to find them. She had to get out of here before the big problem showed up. She had been careful, nothing for a while! Her ability to seemingly cancel her own demise on a regular basis came at a cost, see the time travelers were right, if you mess with time, it messes back. They just didn't know how right they were. She pulled out her phone and fumbled it.  "I swear I was careful Niji...  I stayed away from people. Then some Pajama Samurai Showed up and sent it all down the toilet! I didn't even backtrack it when my bar got destroyed.. they're after me again."
Last Edit: Mar 25, 2023 18:51:34 GMT -5 by snugglyrum

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Mar 31, 2023 0:28:19 GMT -5

Rin... bit off more than she could chew. Rin hoped that Janus was exagerating about her parents. Hell, Rin would have had such scathing claims back when she was in high school. Some people just didn't grow out of that? Maybe... maybe they just didn't let her go out that often? Yeah, that must have been it...

Though, the stranger words that came next left Rin even more confused, throwing side glances towards Janus when she thought she wasn't looking. Surely at some point it would be socially acceptable to just... leave?

Alas, the chance would never come. Rin is fortunate to see a flash of light in the distance before the strike hits. With her speed steps back just enough that a quick lift of the pizza box ensures that she, at least, is safe. Yet, if the smell was anything to go by her current partner in crime was not as lucky.

"O-oi..." Rin could feel something shift around deep inside her soul. Guilt, just like when she had run like a coward all those years ago. Yet, just as soon as the guilt started to wash over her everything would change. In an instant the world changed and shifted. Shadows curved in strange ways and the lines of the buildings all around her stopped making sense.

Then, just as soon as it had started reality snapped back into proper form, Janus's smoldering corpse whole again in a single mind-bending second.

Tetsuo grit his teeth. He had suppressed his reiatsu until the last second to make sure that he would be able to catch them by surprise. To have been able to neutralize their coordinated efforts with such ease indicated a honed sense of combat that his posse was not prepared for.

He adjusts the glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose as the human's dolls charge him. He makes no effort to hide away. He had a mission to complete and he was not about to cower now!

"Minami!" He barks to his subordinate before dashing to her. Wish a swift slash of his blade he intercepts an attack of one of the members of the army and maneuvers it into a block of the other!

Using his momentum he grabs Minami an leaps to clear some distance between them and the summoned warriors.

"Run! I'll hold them off!" And, with a nod, Minami would attempt to take the opening to disappear in a flash!

Bunko would only make his first move as soon as Janus had whipped out her phone. While Rin had started to make a move to finally start running again, Bunko would rush forward from a nearby alleyway, easily taking Rin by surprise! Within a moment, she had been swept up in his arm!

"Gotcha!"
Last Edit: Apr 2, 2023 17:01:15 GMT -5 by Kizahashi Rin

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Apr 7, 2023 17:25:18 GMT -5

Janus was now in utter panic as the Army began not giving any quarter to the shinigami anymore now that the future saw the triplets, well one of them anyway. The triplets were dangerous. They made everything worse as far as Janus was bad luck went. Janus was what happened when you could see what was happening, the triplets. They were what happened when time got sick of people messing with it.

Janus shifted as she ran and the Army followed her to chase Rin and protect her as the Prime started searching everything for the easiest way out, which was unfortunately leaving Rin to fix the current problem on her own. Janus would have liked to help, but that would not have made the triplet in question show up where Rin was and Janus' problems were not things likely to be imposed on others.

The members of the Army that went to defend Rin would warn her that the Prime was going to leave and that she would not remember this but she was doing it to help her. The triplets were not a villain that Janus could just bring help to deal with. They were a force of nature designed to kill her and they would given the time.

With that she began rewinding to midnight the previous day, and her and the entire Army, vanished in a high speed reversal.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Kizahashi Rin Avatar

Kizahashi Rin

Post by Kizahashi Rin on Apr 16, 2023 23:59:04 GMT -5

In an instant Rin was quite literally swept off her feet and easily tucked under the Shinigami's arm like she was some kind of sports ball!

"Oi! What are you doing!?" She barks at her captor while wriggling as much as she possibly can! Pizza still in hand, of course!

Hey hey hey calm down I’m not tryin’ ta’ kill ya!” The large shinigami shouts, suddenly finding himself having to come to a stop to get his capture under control!

While oversized hands wrestle with Rin it gives one of the Army more than ample opportunity to dive in and deliver a quick strike to the back of the Shinigami’s head. Dazed, the shinigami drops Rin and instinctively reaches for his Zanpaukto, only to be met with a powerful punch to the face that sends him flying into the nearest building with a terrible crash.

Rin coughed as she peeled herself and the silly-beaten pizza box off the ground. Before she can even thank them they explain that… Prime? Was leaving? Who the hell was Prime? Wasn’t her name Janus?

Rin furrows her brow and starts to ask, but just like that her little saviors were gone.

...Thanks. Tch!” She scoffs to the stranger, now long gone. She frowns as she inspects the food within her box. As she expected it did not fare well. All squished to one side with the toppings and cheese sloughing off. Waste of her damned time and money!

She decides to cut her losses, disappearing from the scene in a flash of green.

You really expect us to believe that?

Yeah that sounds like a terrible excuse for just dropping it…

Rin scowls at the other fullbringers and stares at a wall so she wouldn’t have to look them in the eye. “Screw you, believe what you want! I ain’t getting you another pizza!

She takes a bite off her own squished slice in spite. Ungrateful bastards.
Last Edit: Apr 16, 2023 23:59:13 GMT -5 by Kizahashi Rin