Bleach Hereafter RPG

Cats, Dogs, and Cellphones

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

There are many causes I would die for, but not a single cause I would kill for.

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Apr 8, 2023 14:29:47 GMT -5

sadaharu TENDO
定春 天童

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

"How secure is this place?"

Without looking up from his tablet, Tendo answered the Arrancar.

"Well, no one else knows we're here... and the only way to get here is through that door."

He rubbed his chin as he went over the data scrolling through on the display.

"Pretty secure I'd say. As for the jacket, well... it's never really been used for this sort of thing. Quincies used to use it as a glove alone. It allowed them, through training, to become much more powerful... but if you removed it via a process called 'Letzt Stil' you would lose your powers entirely. Well.. after a surge of power that rivals many higher level Captain-class Shinigami."

Tendo looked up at the girl strapped to the pole high above them.

"Her powers are already equal to some of the strongest Captains I know... the surge could potentially destroy this place."

He then looked over to the catgirls and Iroh. The girls nodded enthusiastically back at him. Iroh was looking up at the Quincy girl as well, a pensive look on his face.

"What's her name?"

The catgirls paused, realizing they didn't know and that they didn't even think to ask. Gigi's face suddenly darkened. They were so gung-ho about helping her that they didn't even think to find out more about the girl herself.

"Viola."

Tendo answered the question and then handed the tablet device back to Bell. He patted her head, and in response, her white furred tail swished back and forth. The girls all smiled at hearing the name. Iroh nodded to Tendo. Gigi mouthed the name and then smiled as well. Hopefully this worked and they could help her.

The shopkeeper turned to Nezuel while running a hand through his blonde hair.

"Are you any good with kido barrier spells?"

He pointed to the pole behind him with his thumb.

"We could use all the help we can get."

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Apr 16, 2023 9:40:48 GMT -5

That they hadn't even asked for the girl's name was one thing, the other people in the area obviously seemed a bit off by that fact.  Had they seen the girl less as a person and more of an object, like the quincies had?  It was less of an issue for the arrancar whose feelings were never really that deep when it came to empathy...but there was still at least a hint of human emotions in him.  At the very least, the question made him think of another question, something similar but all together different.

"These abilities, the power, hurt her.  Does she know her options, can she be trained to control them. Is this any less deadly than that option if it were possible...and all in all is that what she wants?  Permanently losing ones power can be...traumatizing I'm sure and I can only imagine the quincies might not like the result if you're able to do this....are you sure making an enemy out of them is a good idea?" He was curious, mostly, and his words didn't carry a tone or hint a fear for it.  He'd made friends with the shinigami and their gotei 13...or at least one of the 13 captains.  But from the simple fact that Lazarus had wanted to leave and seemed to dislike them....well, he had nothing against the quincies personally but they didn't seem like they'd get along well with the arrancar.

Especially if they made a little girl a bomb.

"But questions aside, yes, I can do some barrier kido, though my best use is in pure bakudo.  I can't use my full power, unfortunately, as the more hollow-like I become the less I can use shinigami magic." he'd shrug, his existence was weird but hopefully his base power would be enough.  "What do you need me to do?"

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

There are many causes I would die for, but not a single cause I would kill for.

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Apr 22, 2023 10:20:52 GMT -5

sadaharu TENDO
定春 天童

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

"What do you need me to do?"

Tendo contemplated Nezuel's earlier questions as he directed him on what was needed of the Arrancar. The shopkeeper gestured to the catgirls with a nod.

"The girls will put up protection barriers. You can assist them or if you have any particularly strong binding spells, we might need them if things go sideways."

He then tucked the tablet into his robes and turned to face the lone pillar where the girl was restrained high above them. He stroked his chin, taking just another moment to figure out the right wording for his response to Nezuel's questions about the Quincy girl. Then he turned his head to look at Nezuel over his shoulder.

"I never had the opportunity to ask Viola what her thoughts were about this because when she wakes... her power instantly goes into effect. I don't know if that is the result of Quincy experimentation on her or just her natural state. Maybe her powers overwhelm her..."

He shrugged, somewhat frustrated that because of the imminent danger he didn't have the time to properly research her condition.

"All I know is that right now she is a danger to herself and everyone else. If this works... once she's stable, and the danger has passed... we can figure out the rest."

Tendo was being honest, for the most part. Of course he had plans for her afterwards. Nothing nefarious, but he had intended for her to go to the Quincy orphanage. With her powers gone, even if the Wandenreich knew she was there, she wouldn't be of any use to them. However, Nezuel made a good point. Even though she was only a child, she still deserved a say in her future.

He hoped that Nezuel was satisfied with that. There really wasn't any more time for debate on the issue. Tendo gave one last look at everyone, took a breath, and then let out a deep sigh. Gigi sauntered over to Nezuel, hooked her arm around his and tugged him towards the group of catgirls.

"Alright... here we go. Positions everyone!"

The girls formed a circle around the pillar. Gigi pointed to a spot next to her and then smirked at Nezuel.

"You can stand next to me, Tiger."

Iroh disappeared from his spot, moving up high onto the cliffs above. He had the hardest job and he hoped he wouldn't have to perform it. Regardless, he stood ready, his fiery eye focused on the unconscious girl who was now eye level with him. The silver haired Shinigami bent low, one hand on the hilt of his zanpakuto, the other on it's sheath.

Tendo gave one last look at the girl above and then walked up to the pillar. There were runes etched into it, kido spells embedded into the pole. He reached out and touched the markings. They started to glow with a blue energy. As they did, he jumped back to his original position and watched.

The blue energy shot up the pillar, moving through the etched runes. They almost looked like glowing neon signs. The floating orbs started to spin. A mark on the girl's forehead, a kido spell drawn onto her skin to keep her asleep, started to burn away. Suddenly her eyes shot open. They were pure white and glowing with a blue radiance to them. The girls below quickly erected protective barriers around the pole, forming a sort of overlapping dome around it.

Iroh's grip tightened on the handle of his sword as he narrowed his eye. Tendo looked up, hoping his device would work. The spinning orbs moved so quickly that they appeared to form a ring around her. The reiatsu pressure she generated as soon as she woke up was incredible. Even Tendo had to tense up his muscles just to stay upright. The younger girls were affected the most, but somehow remained standing. They were determined and it showed.

Viola yelled out, a tiny blue halo formed over her head and little cherub like blue energy wings appeared behind her. Suddenly her body seized up. She clenched her teeth as an energy field shot outwards in all directions. Or, at least, it would have if not for Tendo's device. The orbs redirected the outgoing energy back to the pole which acted like a lightning rod and absorbed the energy, dispersing any extra down through it's length.

"It's working..."

Tendo watched, the look on his face hopeful. He then lifted up his hand and took hold of something in the air. It was nearly invisible. He brought his hand up over his face. Intertwined with his fingers was a red thread. The crimson colored string led from his hand up to the girl. It was attached to two spiked protrusions on the collar of the jacket. The string belonged to his Shikai, Akai Ito (Red Thread).

He narrowed his cat-like eyes and then yanked his hand back, pulling the spikes out and away from the jacket. Suddenly the whole area went white. Everyone was forced to cover their eyes as an explosion of spirit energy surged out from the girl and launched upwards into the sky.