Bleach Hereafter RPG

Waking Up In Strange Places

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Apr 1, 2023 21:06:02 GMT -5

The last thing he remembered was the fight with Nezuel, something he had more or less asked for, and promptly lost in a matter of minutes. The little bit of damage he had taken from the fight could be felt through sore muscles and an slight ache to his body overall. Lazarus would roll over in bed, still half asleep for the time being, though that would come to a rather abrupt end when he felt the blanket covering him brush across his bare skin.

It wasn't that he didn't sleep without his shirt, but he knew the feel of his own sheets well enough to know these were not the same, and it would throw a pretty big wrench in his plan to sleep more. Sitting up with a start, he'd blink away the blurriness of waking up, his mane of crimson hair cascading down his back and shoulders as he glanced about the place then to himself. He felt and saw the patch job done on him for his wounds, not recognizing his surroundings in the slightest. the smell of would be food and what he assumed was coffee entered the room from under the door, and his stomach would growl loudly in protest to not having eaten in what he could guess was a couple of hours. Lifting the sheets a bit he sighed, the MO of having been bested by Nezuel evident as he rolled his eyes, trying to look about the room without getting up.

"Could have at least left me my pants...."
Last Edit: Apr 1, 2023 21:06:40 GMT -5 by Lazarus Jeager

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Apr 1, 2023 21:18:46 GMT -5

Nez was currently trying not to set the house of fire/  He'd already have to deconstruct and then construct 3 fire alarms out of reishi as he tried to make omelet after omelet.  A small mountain of blackened egg and cheese, the only remaining evidence of his failure.  Coffee, on the other hand, was something he'd learn to quickly make.  He never saw the point in eating actual food when hollows were a readily available food source but coffee had a special place in his non-heart ever since he'd tasted a sip.  Perhaps that was just his addiction talking.

Regardless, he had actually managed to make a passable breakfast food this time by inserting some of his reishi into the food.  It drained him just the littlest bit but he'd be able to restore it in due time and honestly...he was curious what effects it might have when ingested.  The inclusion of...well, him in its creation might mean Laz would simply deny eating due to his insane notion of not liking the arrancar but that was a risk he was willing to take, the deaths of its many omelet brethren before it would not be in vain if he could help it.

He turned slightly as he heard movement in the bedroom, Milo was out so the only explanation was...showtime.  One hand clutched the plate with the omelet and another the hot cup of coffee.  He smiled as he entered the room, bending over to place the food and drink on the nightstand near the bed before he grabbed a chair and moved it near the bed.  He brushed his hand on his white "Kiss the cook" apron before sitting down, quickly accommodating to the feel of cold furniture on bare skin.

"Could have, but they were dirty with my blood." he'd shrug  "Besides, clothing isn't usually an option in here, if I can help it." Obviously, he made an exception for the cooking apron.  "I had your clothes sent out to be cleaned, they should be back in a bit or you can use the ambient reishi to make some new clothes.  Take your time, we can talk when you're ready."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Apr 2, 2023 0:40:44 GMT -5

Watching the Arrancar walk in, one of his brows would twitch a few times at the sight of Nezuel, Turning on the bed to face him as he set the food and rink down on the nightstand. He was careful with the blanket, opting to wait for his clothing instead of trying to create some of his own, mostly because he knew the other could destroy reishi based clothing if he wanted too. Given the change of location his mind would open and expand to sense the area around him, feeling that he wasn't in Hueco Mundo based on the lack of energy around the building itself. This would also allow him to sense the reishi of Nezuel in the omelet, something he'd have to deal with otherwise it might upset his stomach.

"Well at least you know how to treat a man the morning after."

Lazarus would pick up the coffee first, tilting the mug back as he downed it all in one fell swoop, setting the mug back down to pick up the plate. He eyed it pensively before holding his hand over it, picking apart the hollow particles that resided with, casting them aside to evaporate in the air around them. the omelet fell a bit flat due to this but it wasn't impossible to eat, it was just a bit blander than what he normally ate. Nonetheless Lazarus picked up the fork and began eating, making short work of the food to deposit the plate next to the mug with a sigh of relief.

"So, we've got some catching up to do..."

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Apr 2, 2023 15:06:22 GMT -5

The arrancar frowned as the quincy before him deflated the omelette in front of him.  He'd expected it but it still stung, at worse it'd give him a bit of a tingle inside of his body.  Then again he might just think that Nezuel was going to do something odd if he was inside of Lazarus...which could possibly be true.  He'd simply nod as Lazarus' words about how he was treating him reached him, honestly did the quincy think so little of him and his ways to think that he'd treat him poorly.  He might have a bone or two to pick with the quincy but it wasn't like he'd actively try to kill him or anything.

"We certainly do." he'd say, looking over at the discarded mug and plate of consumed food.  "Do you want anymore or are you good for the moment?"  He leaned up against his chair and looked Lazarus up and down.  "Catching up, you said you looked for me, that must have been fun...considering I've been hiding in here for quite a while."  He held up his hand, showing the arrancar the back of his right.  "My tattoo is gone, so I don't have to worry about hollows finding me constantly anymore...which was mostly the reason behind our...last meeting being how it was." 

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Apr 2, 2023 21:11:04 GMT -5

He gave a small shake of the head in response to the offering of more food, the coffee would do its job in keeping him satiated for the time being. He listened intently for the time being, shoulders falling as he relaxed just a bit more now knowing that the tattoo itself was gone, though he had no idea that it was how Nezuel was being tracked. If he ventured a guess Lazarus would say they were probably somewhere in the realm of the living, though where was a mystery to him as portal travel was pretty much the way Arrancar got around. He'd hold up a hand in a semi prayer and bow his head a bit, sighing as he spoke.

"Yeah sorry about that, I know you were in the midst of dealing with some stuff, I shouldn't have assumed you were trying the same stunt with that human as you did with me, handled that one real bad on my end."

Letting his hand fall, he'd continue, a small smile as amber eyes locked with Nezuel's.

"I figured it was a long shot, but hey hollows of Arrancar evolution or near it might have crossed paths with you, I mentioned one such hollow before. I never did get their name, but they said they were a fraccion, blue hair if I recall correctly, said they crossed paths with you not too long ago. It was the only way I couldn't get any info on you without going on some sort of wild goose chase, it'd be impossible to find you if I had no idea where to look."

There was a pause, Lazarus wasn't looking at Nezuel anymore, he looked like he was searching for something instead. In truth he was trying to figure out how to best phrase his next few words, brows coming together a bit as he thought to himself a moment, returning to the present a moment or two later.

"You were the first person I met when I got to this realm, the first friend I'd ever made, it was...difficult to make sense of how I felt when you'd acted the way you did. I was also going through some stuff of my own when that happened, guess that was just a touch of bad luck. I thought a lot about what you said during that fight, I still do sometimes. You weren't entirely wrong earlier though, I may have gotten stronger for myself, but there was a part of me that also wanted to show this power off to you..."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Apr 3, 2023 17:55:00 GMT -5

"Ah, I remember them...kinda cute, no?" he'd ask the quincy with a small smile.  He was joking but...he was actually a little bit curious how he might respond to someone who didn't fall within the male or female line.  Lazarus obviously had his preferences, and despite the divide between them growing and shrinking lately...he was curious.  Regardless, he moved on from the question, making sure he knew how much of a joke it was.  "If they didn't share their name then I won't either, though if you want to meet them again I can extend out an olive branch?"  That was much more of an actual question, raised eyebrows included.

"I admit that I didn't exactly give you the impression, before that encounter, that I was entirely lucid.  Being hunted by hollows and unable to sleep took a rather large toll on my sanity.  You might have been right to worry that I'd eat a human if I'd stayed in my resurrection for too long...but as I am, or was then...it certainly hurt." He'd shrug, then smile a little bit.  "I ended up fighting him a little bit, actually, along with a shinigami and that arrancar you met...they gave me quite the fight.  Not my favorite type of threesome, but then again...." He frowned, he was doing it again, wasn't he?  "They put up a longer fight than you." he'd switch into, sticking out his tongue at the boy.

He leaned forward after a bit, thinking.  "Lazzy..." he'd say silently, before shaking his head.  "Lazarus...what do you mean, how you felt?" He was a little bit hopeful, truth be told, but how long had the two of them interacted and...how forced had such interaction been from Nezuel with favors, fights, and other things.  "I love that you might grow stronger just to show me how much you've grown...and I understand that I might not be the easiest to understand or get along with but...." he placed a hand down on Lazarus' own.  "I'm your friend, you have that and you won't lose it.  If you want something more...or something less, I don't want to force you either way as I've already have.  Just tell me, whenever you're ready."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Apr 4, 2023 8:30:54 GMT -5

"I hadn't given much thought to their looks at the time, though for most of our time together they did happen to be in a different hollows body so that might have been one of the reasons. I wouldn't mind meeting them again, they were a bit quick on the draw so, might have to be careful about that approach."

Lazarus listened, giving his full attention to the Arrancar before him, something he rarely gave any individual, normally his mind was on a handful of things at a time. His smile would grow, a touch of sadness in his eyes as he recalled the fight and how Nezuel had acted, remembering what he felt in those moments to try and better express himself and answer the question.

"I had just thrown away my ties to my people when you and I had crossed paths, I was in a place of self pity and shame, at the time I had felt truly lost. You stood leagues above me in power and experience, and even when you were going through your own problems, fighting for your life, you still tried to help me see myself as more than the weakness I had gotten stuck on."

He'd turn his hand so their palms were touching, his fingertips cool to the touch as he simply let his hand be as it was, continuing on with his answer, the sadness leaving his smile as he spoke.

"So I did some self reflection nd worked on powers, coming to the conclusion that I wanted to help people rather than hurt them, so I studied the healing arts. You didn't really get to see any of that, your style being a less physical one as it were, outside of my removing some of your spell effects. Hell I'm starting to think you just don't want to mark this pretty face of mine."

His smile would turn to a grin as he said that last bit, returning some of that teasing that Nez had shown.

"Plus it's not like I dislike your personality or anything, though you are a bit forward, can't imagine that goes over well with everyone you do this with."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Apr 4, 2023 16:27:29 GMT -5

"Its really only an issue for people that are already taken...or really don't like me." he'd say, answering Lazarus' teasing smile with one of his own.  "So I suppose it doesn't really affect you as much as I might fear sometimes." he'd finish, thinking about the man in front of him.  "As for how strong you are....hmmm." he'd bring a finger to his lips as he stared at the ceiling, thinking.  "We really are a horrible match up, at least when it comes to fighting each other.  I drain reishi from my opponents and don't deal that much physical damage if I can help it....though I admit your ability to break my bindings whenever you wished does give me pause...especially if it can be used on my stronger or strongest spells."

He seemed to find whatever it was on the ceiling as his eyes lit up just a little, mischievous thoughts in those red orbs.  His hand moved to his back, to the apron he had one.  With a pull he let the bindings come off, and the clothing would fall to the floor with a little shimmy.  "Not really cooking right now, am I?" he'd say, with a wink before standing up, moving only a little bit as he sat on the bed.  He brought his hand up to cup Laz's face as he raised an eyebrow.  "It is a rather pretty face...I admit." he leaned forward, a knee moving between Laz's legs.  "If this is too forward...I'd rather like to kiss you.  We could also see if you could escape from...non-reishi bindings. ."                               

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Apr 4, 2023 23:03:49 GMT -5

Once again the Arrancar was jumping the gun, though in this situation it was something he would indulge for just a moment. He'd allow Nezuel to get close to him, leaning into the touch for a moment, even returning it with a palm of his own on the others cheek. That would be where their plans differed though, as he would proceed to bring his hand forward, squeezing Nezuel's cheeks so he might make the 'fishy face' that he'd seen in videos as a prank.

"Clearly no one has been telling you to take things slow recently, this is third or fourth date type action, and you've yet to take me on the first one. You play your cards right and options are on the table, but slow and steady wins the race Nez."

He'd let go with a chuckle, leaning back a bit so his back rested on the wall behind him, arms over his chest as he raised a brow waiting for the other to return to the chair. There were hints at a blush crossing his face but he'd do his best to try and keep that to a minimum, offering a warm smile to the hollow as he looked about the room.

"By the way, where are we anyways. doesn't feel like Hueco Mundo so I'd have to guess were still in the human realm, but how far away did you portal me from where we fought?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Apr 6, 2023 14:13:02 GMT -5

"Hmmm" Nez would say as Lazarus did what he always did and run away.  With a playful smirk, he'd lean forward as Laz leaned back, kissing the quincy on the forehead before standing up and getting off the bed.  He'd stretch a little in that 'morning stretch' way before turning back to the quincy, curious where he might catch his eyes.  With a snap of his finger, clothes would appear on the arrancar as the local reishi in the air coalesced around him.  He knew Lazzy might light to look despite his clear unwillingness to skip a few steps, still the show would be over for now.  At the very least the blush looked nice on him.

"We're in the human world...technically.  This is a small building I have encased in a garganta bubble.  Usually anything made of reishi in the real world would eventually  crumble due to osmosis and a desire to acquire equilibrium.  Gargantas don't have that problem and I've anchored the entrance to a point in the material world, then I warded the entrance to stop the reishi inside from leaking out, took me quite a while." He waved a hand at one of the nearby walls and it was stripped away for a moment, revealing nothing but black void beyond it.

"You know...I can't help but point out that by hollow standards, we've already been on multiple dates." he tilted his head, giving Lazarus an unreadable look.  "Typically when a hollow fights someone and wins they eat them...and how many times have we fought, yet you never got me dinner to makeup not eating you?"  He was obviously joking....or was he?  "Regardless on how you might feel about that...and we can work on that, there is the issue of others to take into consideration."

He tiptoed towards the quincy, creating a small garganta and pulling out a stack of clothing, his clothing.  He dropped it on the bed.  "If you're interested and stay that way after putting up with me...theres the sensitive subject that you're not going to be getting all of my attention of the matter.  Romantically speaking, I'd prefer if it was the same with you...though possibly with those that are also interested in me....if that makes sense?"  He looked away just to avoid his gaze and what the arrancar might see in his eyes. 

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Apr 6, 2023 16:42:55 GMT -5

He nodded a bit at the description of how this place came to be, looking behind him to see the vast emptiness of the in between realms. It was an interesting concept, not unlike how they Quincy had made their own home in the shadow of the Soul Society, though that was something he wouldn't bring up for obvious reasons.

"Well when courting someone you typically go by their standards, as it would make them more likely to be receptive to your attempts, but you'd probably only know how to court other hollows so I'll forgive your mistakes thus far."

Lazarus would grab his pants from the pile of clothing, putting them on under the blanket and then moving the blanket to sit up properly. the shirt came next, then socks, shoes, and finally he left the jacket resting comfortably beside him, not quite ready to be on his way. There came a pause of thought as Nezuel finished speaking, he had considered the notion that the hollow might act this way with more than one person, though actual polygamy hadn't crossed the Quincy's mind before. Made sense in some regards, hollows probably fight constantly with others of their kind, and when it came to the evolved species of Arrancar he could see that fighting passion turn into another kind of passion after the fact.

"I had an inkling that you might be the type to have multiple partners, though it's good to have confirmation."

He didn't look in any way disinterested, nor did he show any signs of disgust or disdain, simply resting with a passive face as he thought about the prospect and offer on the table. He'd shrug a bit, having never been in a situation like this before, and speak honestly to the hollow before him.

"I hadn't considered it before so this would all be new to me, I suppose I'd have to meet the others and come to a decision on an individual basis, though I'm not sure if that complicates things more for you or not. I'd assume the majority if not entirety of your other partners are hollows?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Apr 6, 2023 19:48:15 GMT -5

"So gracious of you" he'd say with a slight bow towards the quincy.  He smiled as he thought of a suitable stab at the quincy.  "I suppose I'll have to find a quincy willing to tell me of their courting and mating rituals." he'd say with an over dramatic sigh.  "If only I knew a quincy who might be interested and had enough guile to slyly insert a fact or two into random conversations as quips or taunts." He put a hand to his forehead and looked at the ceiling.  "Alas...I fear I might never find such a quincy." He broke the character he was portraying instantly and stood up normally.

When it came to partners, Nezuel actually only had one.  He certainly was entertaining the prospects of at least two others  but it was hardly a done deal and neither of them had chosen to yet join his and Milo's bed. "I suppose I might have jumped the gun a bit there..." he'd say, looking a bit embarrassed.  "But I don't know if quincies are monogamous...what with the whole religious symbolism and whatnot.  So far I only have one lover who has no issues with being with other people either...and she is a hollow, yes.  But for other prospects...theres two shinigami I'm rather interested in.  One of them, by the name of Koshou, actually went on a date with me and Milo, the other seems far more shy but he helped me with removing the tattoo. " he paused, blinking for a second.  "Oh...I should ask if you like dogs because hes some sort of hybrid shinigami.  There's also a human I met recently, but honestly she seems dead set on insulting and criticizing me...but that can have its own appeal as well I suppose."

He thought about it for a second before realizing something.  "I suppose you can consider me something of a man-whore, since I'm not really picky. Theres the arrancar you met that knew me, but I don't know if they are actually interested in relationships.  If they can get along with everyone that I've shown interest in...and everyone in the group shows interest, then there should be now issue.  I should make it clear that I'm not looking for a harem, no matter how enticing that seems, but more of a collection of individuals who all love each other, so if you had anyone in mind."

He shook his head.  "But besides that, before I forget, you did promise me power...and maybe a tour of Quincyland?  Maybe I can raid their libraries for how to court a quincy?"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Apr 7, 2023 15:39:31 GMT -5

Lazarus had only met two Shinigami as of current, and neither of them seemed the type to want what it was Nezuel had to offer for them, so he'd just shrug and shake his head in that regard. Lazarus did snicker to himself about the fact that the hollow had more or less played up the number of actual partners he had, and it was amusing to watch the other walk it back to the truth.

"Well it looks like you have your work cut out for you in regards to courting the others you find appealing, though it wouldn't be so hard to court a Quincy, ya know, outside of the whole being a hollow thing."

A small retort followed by a waving of the hand so matter of factly that it might as well be in a dictionary somewhere, but that wasn't for him to worry about, and from memory he hadn't felt any which way about the hollow he'd helped before.

"Tell you what, you can learn more about Quincy courting methods by getting food with me, real food, without any reishi in it. I'll run you through the more basic principles and we'll see about finding out how easy or hard it'll be for you to follow such rules, you know, like a practice date."

It wasn't so much his tone but the way he smirked and raised his brows that would imply his teasing nature in regards to the proposition, though the chuckle that came after would allude to his tom foolery.

"We can even talk about how to get you into 'Quincyland' as you call it, though I'd definitely say it's basically a suicide mission. If you think you're setting more than one foot into that place without setting off alarms you'd be dead wrong, then again I've not idea what kind of defenses they have for such an event."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Apr 16, 2023 9:28:04 GMT -5

"I do love a good suicide mission" the arrancar would say, bringing a finger to his lips as he though.  "Then again, I think any decent hollow, hell, even a shinigami would call courting a quincy the same thing." he wiggled his eyebrows at the quincy.  "So...you're going to take me on a date, a pretend date that doesn't count towards whatever number I need, to tell me all the secrets on how to woo and otherwise bed you?" he laughed a little.  "I suppose I'm fine with that, though I have to ask if it would be ok if I brought someone else along.  I think she'd love to meet someone whose caught my eye and about quincies in general.  At the very least I'd love to make sure the two of you get along...since I think she really does need some more friends than just me."

He'd wait for Lazarus' reply before pulling out his phone and tying in a quick text to Milo.  He'd turn a little, taking a selfie with the quincy off center in the picture before either telling her that he was going on a fake date to learn how to go on a real one, or asking her along on said fake date to learn how to go on a real one.  "Well...now that thats done all we need to do is." he paused as his phone made a noise.  He looked at it for a second or two before nodding with a smile.  "She wants to come with.  But for quincyland...are there any ancient artifacts or anything I can take, something suited to my skill set?  We can discuss it later but...just wanted to put that thought into your head."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Apr 16, 2023 21:45:54 GMT -5

He had already agreed to at the very least meet the other individual that Nezuel had spoken of, the impromptu photo was something of a surprise, though he didn't make a fuss about it for the time being.

"I've no issue with that, all things considered it'd do me some good to meet more hollows anyways, have to figure out if they're the same as you or not, would hate to just assume."

The next question caught him off guard though, and it would provide more of an explanation of why the Arrancar wanted to go to his home realm in the first place. Off the top of his head he had nothing to offer, though the prospect seemed interesting to say the least, and he was sure there were at least one or two things in his realm of origin that might be kept under wraps.

"Couldn't say for sure, everybody has their secrets and my people are no exception to that rule, it's definitely possible. If you're asking if I've ever personally seen or heard of things like that then the answer is no, but I only had access to run of the mill stuff as a grunt, I've never been in any of the higher access buildings or anything. As far as if they'd suit you that's another guess entirely, I'd have to assume that if they did work for anyone other than Quincy then they'd work for anyone and everyone, but again, I have no concrete information on such things."

It did get him thinking though about what might be hidden by the Quincy in general, even considering what might be possible for himself as well.