Bleach Hereafter RPG

Hollowhunters

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Aug 14, 2020 23:13:20 GMT -5

In the Soul Society there lies a house, in a remote area within the Seireitei surrounded by nature. There was a waterfall connected to a river and pond. However what set this place apart was the hi-tech hydro-electric generator under the waterfall that appears to be connected to the house. Within the house is also strange for Shinigami standards. Looking more like a modern Japanese home rather than the more edo period. Couches, tables, a kitchen, a fridge, and even a TV and video game console. Most of these are taken from the World of the Living and were once broken but the man who calls this place home managed to fix these various items. Sadly he has still been unable to figure out how to connect the TV to the living world, so he primarily uses it to play games on when taking a break to relax. In his room is a mattress on the floor, a table used to sketch blueprints on, a telescope to look at the stars, and a shelf filled with various books and manga he also procured from the World of the Living.

As his digital clock went off, he groggily got up as he did his morning routine. A morning shower, breakfast, brushing his teeth, the usual things people do. After all of that is over with he dresses up in his uniform as he looks into the mirror. Bringing a folder full of files, notes, and blueprints with him as he makes his way over to Shinigami Research and Development Institute with a smile on his face. Although while the look of this man gives off a sinister and untrustworthy nature, he is only ecstatic to be helping making new advances in the Shinigami's goal to keep balance in the afterlife and Earth. Such a duty would be harder to accomplish without the help and establishment of the S.R.D.I.

As he walks through the opened gates, he makes way to the Spiritual Tools Development Labs to put the finishing touches on his next invention. A device that would be able to capture and contain spiritual beings. The Kuroi Ori or Black Cage as he dubbed it. He walks into the lab as he gets out a set out of tools out from a nearby drawer, and puts on a pair of safety goggles as he starts to work on a strange box like device. Some of the lesser members stop for a bit to watch him work as they don't get the honor of seeing the fifth seat work in here usually.

Last Edit: Aug 14, 2020 23:14:02 GMT -5 by tensai toshiaki

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

No better practice then true combat.

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 16, 2020 1:27:39 GMT -5

Shida started walking from the 2nd division housing, the sun had barely lifted above the horizon and the sky was a beautiful orange painted sky. He walked the streets at his own slow pace. He was asked by a member of the 12th division to come help test out a new piece of tech they made, well not him specifically but the 2nd division was asked, and since shida is 3rd seat he was delegated this duty.

As for why Shida was up so early it was cause it was his routine, he usually got up at this time to train and meditate but with how long it takes to get to the 12th division if he's not running at full speed he decided to leave early and take his time with a nice walk so no energy wasted and he'll make it in time. Plus he can take this time to relax and think, he had been recently promoted to 3rd seat, this came with new duty, new worries, and new stresses. He's one of the first of the executive militia to gain this high of a position, all the previous 3rd seats that have existed were part of the patrol corp.

This worried him greatly since the 3rd seat is also in charge of the said patrol corp, Shida's a fighter not a Intel guy but at the same time we don't have much to choose from. But at the same time the patrol corp members identities are all kept secret except him. Keeping a target on him and less on the patrol corp members is probably the reason why. Since he's not an actual member of the patrol corp his doesn't know much so this target on him is truly worth nothing, but no one knows that. 

Eventually he arrived at the 12th division building, he walked through the front door and reported in saying a 5th seat Tensai asked for a member of the 2nd division to help him.

Last Edit: Aug 18, 2020 11:16:29 GMT -5 by shida hagane

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Aug 16, 2020 3:38:06 GMT -5

While yes he did send a message that he would be needing a strong Shinigami from another team to help him with his test run of his device. He said for them to come in the morning, perhaps he should've been more specific. He didn't expect the person to be this punctual. Still, they do seem to be filled with exuberance and a nice Reiatsu level emanating from them. Just what he needs for the job he acquires of them.

"There's such a thing as too early you know, I didn't even finish the invention. Well, I suppose while you're here I can try to explain what I acquire with you. Just be sure to put on safety goggles to protect your eyes from the sparks," he said.

As he was continuing to tinker with the box-shaped device he would relay what Shida must do for him without losing focus.

"As you know Bakudō can only be used to bind or immobilize opponents and is usually hard to transport people bound with such a spell. This device that I dubbed the Kuroi Ori will be able to capture and contain Spirits temporarily and then be easily transported to wherever they must go, not just Souls but Hollows as well. Of course, I can't test it on any Shinigami so the best course of action would be to go to the World of the Living and test it on a Hollow and this is where you come in. Hollows are violent but not oblivious, they would recognize this device as some sort of trap so I will need someone else to lure it over to the trap so that I may activate it and see if it works,"
Tensai explained.

As he stopped for a minute the prototype device looked to be more done and Shida would get a better look at what it looks like. Hard to believe something this small is supposed to contain Shinigami, let alone a Hollow.

"Any questions so far?" Tensai asked.

Tag:

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 17, 2020 2:41:04 GMT -5

Shida stood there listening to Tensai before saying anything. "Ok, one, there is no such thing as to early. Being an early bird is a great way to have plenty of time to work out or train while still having time to do your mission. Two, bakudo is a fantastic and truly proven way to deal with locking down a hollow or criminal. But while i do welcome a way to deal with a hollow without the need of bakudo since not every shinigami cant use it. There is one big issue i see, this thing is material, meaning it can be seen by humans, also don't we kill hollows on sight why do you guys want to capture one."

Shida then thinks for a bit before saying anything "look i'm willing to help and all, but if we are gonna do this we gotta do this we gotta get things set up first. Night mission so this thing isnt seen by public eyes also so there is less collateral from a hollow attack, two we need more then one pair of eyes so i'm gonna ask some people for some patrols, ill ask a 6th division they run patrols across Asia and Australia, unless your thinking a different city to check out?" 

Last Edit: Aug 17, 2020 2:41:43 GMT -5 by shida hagane

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Aug 17, 2020 22:42:52 GMT -5

"Well yes locking it down, but not so much as moving it, though this device will still use Bakudo in a way and also to activate. Not to mention to keep whatever we need to capture in place. Don't worry all of the materials for these are made out of spirit particles, except for the key component for the device that I had to get from the real world and convert into Spirit Particles. And as for capturing one mostly, we're using the Hollow as a guinea pig to test to see if this device actually works, but if it works I will be bringing it to the Hollow Research Labs so that it may be studied so we can find new ways of fighting against them and it will be purified as soon as it is studied enough," Tensai explained.

As he puts the finishing touches on it a long cable is attached to what appears to be a switch he is holding in his hand to activate it. While he tests it it opens up but nothing happens. Good, it's not supposed to do anything. Just pressing the button only opens the hatch, he needs to send his spiritual energy through the special switch in his hand into the device to power it up.

"I was thinking somewhere remote, either in a desert or some other area were few people live but a Hollow would sure to be wandering to devour the souls of any animal they can find. Though that's where you come in since you're supposed to help lure one to the trap. You're right though it wouldn't hurt to use a third person's help, especially if it breaks loose and calls for reinforcements," Tensai said.

He then uses one of holographic floating screens to type out a flier asking for assistance in this experiment. A nearby printing device then prints out multiple fliers for them to give out. He grabs a stack and gives the other half to Shida.

"This should help make the search go faster...actually I've been so busy working that I forgot to introduce myself or ask you your name, I do apologize. I am Tensai Toshiaki current fifth seat of the 12th Division, and you are?" Tensai said.

Tag:

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 18, 2020 2:43:55 GMT -5

Shida listened to the young man for abit before saying anything "ok so that solved somethings, we dont have to worry about people seeing it, but hollows dont go for animal souls, humans are their targets. So a desert or a random location with no humans nearby wont work unfortunately though I wish it would."

The man then went ahead and started making a bunch of fliers looking for more help before shida could say anything. The man then introduced himself as Tensai. "Oh, names Shida Hagane and you really don't have to go around asking people with fliers, I'm the 3rd seat of 2nd division also in charge of the 2nd division patrol corp, and I'm a high ranking member of the executive militia of the 2nd division, i've got more then enough troops at my disposal to do what ever we need to do. I was talking about asking a member of the 12th division who knows the cities layout but really with the amount of troops i have at my disposal i don't think we need a 3rd soul reaper."

Shida then thinks for a bit before saying "however there is a limit to the amount of soul reapers we are allowed so while the amount we can bring is small, i still need to go talk to my captains and follow official protocol, so give me a day or two to make sure the paperwork is done properly. Once its done I'll send a messenger for ya to head to the 2nd division building so we head out to the living world."

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Aug 19, 2020 22:41:50 GMT -5

"Wait they don't, terribly sorry I thought I learned all I could about Hollows back at the academy. All they said they consumed the souls of the deceased so I assumed that meant the spirits of animals as well as humans, I really do feel like that should've been a part of the lecture when going over Hollows. I should write a report about that to the Central 46 and see if they can fix that. Anyway if we must go to a city the simple solution is to find an area that is not inhabited at night, like an industrial area or an old warehouse for me to place the trap in. Something still out of way but still close to human territory that Hollows would congregate in that area," Tensai said.

So this man was of the 3rd Division of the 2nd Division. Tensai has heard of them, especially how they supposedly excel in hand to hand combat. Though he finds using a Zanpakuto to be much more reliable than using one's hands, although if forced to he wouldn't mind having to get physical with an opponent. And he says he can bring a whole squad with him. Interestingly, this means that the probability of the Hollow being unable to be taken care of during a failed capture has decreased dramatically, things are starting to look his way.

"That's perfect, in case the Kuroi Ori doesn't work the first time then destroying the Hollow and trying again will be much simpler with a larger group. I'll be bringing tools along as well to make improvements as well as figure out what went wrong to try to get it to work the next time. We'll be needing to do this until we can get it to work. Ah but I digress, I am getting so caught up planning out the experiment that I still haven't properly introduced myself. Tensai Toshiaki, Fifth Seat of the 12th Division, a pleasure to meet you Shida Hagane," Tensai said.

He then offered a hand to shake Shida's. After that, he goes and waits on Shida to follow the official protocol before they can start the testing phase. He is not one to be against following the rules, but he still is a bit impatient having to wait even for a day more for him to start to test to see if his new device actually works. Due to the rules of the 12th Division, the more dangerous experiment along with those with unforeseeable outcomes, are banned from being done by the scientists in the S.R.D.I especially when said experiments are done on other Shinigami or themselves. Though he has heard that the captain has no such restrictions, oh he can only imagine what that man has accomplished unrestrained and what he could do without this restraints chaining him down.

Tag:

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 22, 2020 13:46:29 GMT -5

Shida looks back at the man and raises an eyebrow "you getting enough sleep man? Cause your introducing yourself again. Its fine man, not a big deal just make sure you get some rest before we leave."

Shida then spends a few hours doing paper work and stuff, he was finally given permission a few days later to go to the living world. The permission given was to head out to a small town in Japan called Nikko, a town famous for its hot springs and its large temple. Not many people live there but just enough for hollows to show up and because its a small town less likely for hollows to escape or hide. Shida sent a messenger over to 12th division to give Tensai his copy of the permission to go to the living world as well as four random members of the patrol corp.

-----

A few days later Shida stood on top of a small traditional building watching over the small town of Nikko, when a masked shinigami flashed step out of nowhere.  "Hollow spotted on the east side of the town, near the river, heading straight for the town" He reported to Shida. Shida nodded to him, "tell tensai and have him set up his device a half mile away in a nearby street, I'll head over and get its attention. " The masked man nodded back and  flashed stepped out.

Shida moved over to the other side of the building to look to the east side of town to see the hollow standing on two legs as it walked slowly toward the town. Shida quickly flash stepped out toward the hollow. Once he got close and stopped flash stepping, landing in the middle of the street in front of the hollow. Shida then pointed his fingers at the hollow said "Bakudo #1: sai" This spell caused the hollows arms to lock behind its back, which wont stop him but it will hurt him a bit and piss him off enough to start chasing Shida.

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Aug 24, 2020 2:15:17 GMT -5

Tensai did a confused look like one of the other scientists in the building behind them walked up to them.

"Yeah I was trying to make a new memory wiping device to be used on spiritually aware humans and it appears to be leaking we may need to clear the area," the scientist said.

With that Tensai then immediately went for his Kuroi Ori prototype and takes it out of the building with him as all of the Shinigami inside clear out from the building as various men in hazmat suits come to take care of the problem.

"It can be a bit hectic here, but that's what you get when it comes to progress. It's not the worst leak that has come from something that was being built here that's for sure," Tensai said.

Tensai took the next few days doing more research, working on other projects, and taking some breaks at home while waiting for Shida to get the proper paperwork. He got the message though hoped for a different area to do this in. As long as that they have an approved testing area it does not matter. As Tensai packs his things up in a large suitcase as he carries it with him.

The mantis-like Hollow stalks across the woods, it stood twice as tall as a human and twice as wide. Sensing multiple larger than average Spiritual Pressures in this small town luring it like a fly to a pitcher planet. It then found it's scythe arms bound behind it's back as it turned to look towards Shida, as it broke out of its restraints it then begins to run towards the Shinigami as it takes the bait as Tensai hoped.

Tensai looked at the moving Hollow signature on his Denreishinki, a device designed to look like a modern-day cell phone, as he then got the news from Shida's messenger. He then followed the advice of the message and put it in a nearby street. Of course, this device would seem weird by a Hollow, with a restraining Kido spell it would perhaps be easier to capture it but unfortunately besides Sai Tensai hasn't perfected any better spells yet. As he walked onto the street to place his device on the ground, to conceal it he put a special tarp over it attached to a string. The tarp automatically changes his colors to match the ground hiding the trap.

Tensai went to hide nearby behind a tree near the path. The string to the camouflaging tarp on one hand, and the detonator in the other. As he watched and waited for Shida to lure the Hollow here.

Tag:

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 31, 2020 1:12:32 GMT -5

Shida watched as the hollow broke his low level bakudo. "Oh stronger then the average hallow i see, lets see if your faster then one as well." Shida then flashed stepped up to a nearby roof and threw a rock at full strength at its head.  The hollow screeched at the impact and looked at Shida with eyes of rage "if you can keep up ill let you live." Shida yelled at it before beginning to run toward the designated street that Tensai should of set up his trap at. 

Shida continued to run across the roof as the hollow chased him slashing its large scythe like claws at him, and each time Shida would flash step onto the wall or building across the street. Keep his slow pace as best he could, if he got to far ahead which he easily could the hollow might lose patience and go after someone else. 

He eventually lead the hollow near the street and Shida jumped down to the ground, he was about to run over to the trap when the hollow caught up faster then he was expect. The hollow swiped its claw at him, forcing him to draw his sword to block the strike.

Shida then jumped back to dodge the next attack and readied his sword for anymore attack that could hit him while waiting for Tensai to activate his trap.

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Sept 2, 2020 4:03:03 GMT -5

Thanks to Shida's skills, he managed to lure the Hollow over the trap, pulling the cover off of it and activating it at the same time. Spiritual energy begins flowing from the arm holding the switch to through the wires and into the Kuroi Ori. As the Kuroi Ori opens it unleashes a powerful vortex of energy. Which ends sucking the Hollow in like a sort of vacuum. The Hollow ends up caught into the vortex and shrinking as it is being brought down into the device.

As the device is shut and begins to shake for a bit Tensai gets his Zanpakuto out, which appears as a small tanbo rather than a long katana like Shida's. As the device stops shaking Tensai slowly steps forward, his Zanpakuto pointed towards the device he looks down. Since it appears to be not exploding, the experiment appears to be a success. Tensai then casually picks it up and clips it onto his belt. He then looks towards his device with awe and pride.

"Amazing, it worked perfectly just for its first test. It seems that I am even able to surprise myself. And to think at first I had trouble thinking of how to allow the Hollow to be contained. While the answer was through purified salt all along. I bet no one else would have came up with that solution," Tensai gloated.

Shida's backup who joined them looked at each other in confusion.

"Uh, how was salt used to contain the Hollow," one of them asked.

Tensai then turned to the one who said that and looked at them with a smirk.

"Well it's quite simple, you see there has been a legend/myth of purified salt being able to ward off evil spirit, but I wanted to know where the basis of that conception came from. A little more research and I discovered purified salt has an interesting reaction when exposed to spiritual energy, not only can it conduct it, it can magnify it greatly. No doubt various humans who are born with high levels of Reishi used this natural element to create protective shields to ward off Hollows. Using what I have learned from that research was I able to make a special matrix that would be able to keep the Hollow inside contained, and unable to use a Garganta to get out. Powered up by my Spiritual Energy no less, but enough about that. Let's go bring back this trap then," Tensai said.

However, before they leave a Garganta opens in the ground as the mantis esque Hollow that they had caught earlier appears and aims to slash at Tensai with one of its claws.

Tag:

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Sept 3, 2020 19:54:53 GMT -5

Shida acts quick stepping in front of Tensai before he got hit and blocking most of the attack but still getting a good slash on his shoulder. "I thought you said that thing couldn't create a garganta while trapped in your little box?" Shida then takes a fighting stance. "Oh well, lets just kill this thing and try again on another one. O' guardian of steel, Dankotaru, show your resolve." And with those words spoken his sword tranforms into a set of gauntlets.

Shida then rushes the mantis like hollow trying to punch it in the face only for the creature to block his attack, which was fine by him. As the creature reared back to counter attack its movement suddenly slowed to a crawl granting shida plenty of time to simply side step the attack. He casted his hindrance spell on it causing its movements to become difficult and slow, granting him plenty of time to counter attack and for tensai to follow up if he so wished.

Shida then rushes the hollow again going to a couple of quick strikes to its head and body. This time it couldn't blocked due its body being unwilling to move fast enough. 

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Sept 5, 2020 18:52:07 GMT -5

"It was supposed to make a barrier the Hollow would be trapped in to prevent it from escaping, but it actually managed to shrink it down inside so I am not sure how the containment matrix wouldn't work also," Tensai explained.

After unleashing his combo of attacks, Tensai then fired to Byakurai spells from his fingertips as two white lightning pierces through its arms. Blasting the Hollow's arms off as it's scythe-like blades fall to the ground. While it looked at the two in anger it's arms begin to regenerate as new arm blades form. And the scythes on the ground begin to float around and spin on their own as the blades starting to orbit around the Hollow.

He then sent his two blades and shoot out, even more, to send a storm of flying blades at Tensai and Shida. As Tensai jumps through and weaves each blade as they all seem to be guided by the Hollow in some telepathic fashion. One very close to bisecting him, but when he looked down and noticed the Kuroi Ori damaged he realized it wasn't aimed for him. He then tosses it before it explodes as a familiar silhouette appears in the smoke. Revealing a Hollow identical to the one they are fighting now.

"Ah I see now, you never escaped in the first place. The one that we were facing was just an identical Hollow, though how is something like this possible,"
Tensai said.

"Kekekeke, we were twins in our previous lives. Assassins for hire, they called us the Twin Reapers, that is until one day we took a job that was more then we bargained for and died because of it. Unfortunately, it's been so long since we've become Hollows that we forgot our old human names so you can call us Slice and Dice. You may call yourselves Shinigami, but now you all are going to see what a real killer looks like," Slice explained.

"I assure you that we have rightfully earned our title of Shinigami, and as it's our duty to purify corrupted Spirits like you then we shall do our part. Unfortunately for you two, I am afraid there is solace in the afterlife, just an eternity in Hell,"
Tensai declared.

"Ha, you expect to beat me with a knife of all things?!" Slice boasted.

"It's not the size of the Zanpakuto that matters, it's what you do with it that counts,"
Tensai said.

Tag:

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Sept 8, 2020 12:25:48 GMT -5

Shida sighed heavily, "Well these hollows can speak, which means they're stronger then normal hollows" he then looks at Tensai and says "With how much they work together a divide and conquer technic wont work on these guys but what about a friendly fire plan."

Shida then rushes forward sliding underneath the twins attempts to attack him and stands between the two of them, making it difficult to attack without attacking each other especially with how small the streets are. Now with both of them squeezed between the walls they cant fight well. Shida then uses this chance to attack the legs of the hollows causing them to trip and stumble, he then followed it with by casting bakudo #1 to tie one of the scythes to the other twins scythes. With them tied up and tripped Tensai can follow up with whatever attack he wants.

Shida then calls out to Tensai "Strike them down we can try your tech on another one later. And don't worry about hurting me i can handle pain just fine, after all that's the power of my zanpakto." Shida then readies himself for anything Tensai does and whatever these hollows are planning to do.

post 7

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Sept 8, 2020 14:52:47 GMT -5

Just because they can speak doesn't mean they are strong, they don't appear to be Adjuchas or Vasto Lordes, people like them who have earned their spots in the higher seats and have unlocked Shikai shouldn't have too much trouble with these Hollows. But Shida seems to want to do his plan. Although Tensai admits he did something clever by binding them together. Though there isn't really any need for him to hit them. With the two tied up, he then does the incantation before firing two Byarkurai's at each Hollow.

The Hollows then get up and one of them split off into two directions. Seems that they are doing the divide and conquer route. Though they are about to learn soon that Tensai is not one to be underestimated. As Tensai goes after Slice while Shida handles Dice. Cornering Slice in a forest clearing. Slices turns toward the Shinigami as it extends its blades and attempts to cleave Tensai in two.

Tensai ducks under it as a tree is chopped down in one swoop. As he jumps over another blade swipe. Tensai then performs a Shunpo causing Slice to lose track of the Shinigami. As Slice looks around to find it, it then roars in pain as one of its horns has been cut off. Tensai then begins twirling his knife in one hand.

Slice tries to swing with his blade but Tensai manages to parry it and knocks to blade back with his dagger as he then swipes across Slice's torso causing black goop to bleed out. It then went to bring it's two arm blades down to impale Tensai. Though finds Tensai to no longer be there as it finds itself stabbed in the back. As Tensai jumps away to make a distance Slice looks at Tensai annoyed.

"Shinigami are supposed to get stronger when transforming their blade, you haven't and yet you have been able to deal so much damage to me, how are you beating me without even using your full power?" Slice asks.

"I have mastered the basics of combat, no average Hollow will ever stand a chance against me, what you are dealing with is a prodigy that only comes once in a blue moon." Tensai gloated.

Meanwhile, Dice would have something prepared for Shida. As it would be followed the Hollow would throw more spinning blades but this time aims at the houses instead of at Shida.

Tag: