I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Aug 31, 2020 23:12:43 GMT -5

NEW BLOOD
Type: Retrieve (PvE) (Repeatable)
Level: 1
Rewards: 4 XP / 4 RM
Description: A new Fullbringer has been discovered. Find them and bring them back to base.

• Defeat at least 1 wave of NPC enemies.
  • Protect the new Fullbringer.

Harutora had just finished his dinner after the second day of school. It had been quite a good day, he had taken the new recruits Takahiro and Ayako out on their first task - recruiting. They had managed to recruit two second-year students who had transferred here this year, a girl named Kanon Asagami and a boy named Yuuto Aizawa, both of whom he swore were also Fullbringers. And for the love of Arthur, he did not understand the looks Sei and Rei gave him when the new recruits told them they recently became a couple and were going on a date after school.

He switched on the TV to watch news, only to see a report of a fire at a restaurant a few minutes' drive away. Then his phone rang. It was Yuuto.

"Hello? Yuuto?"

"Thank goodness, King-san! What the HELL are these things???" came the frantic reply at the other end of the line.

"Are they weird mask-creatures?" Harutora asked.

"Yes! How did you--Kanon, you have laser eyes???"

"We'll be right there!"

Harutora turned around to see his father standing behind him.

"Father, I--" he started

"need to rescue your friends from Hollows? Of course, I shall come with you. We can pick up Rei and Sei on the way, and I'll drive. We own that restaurant anyway, I think," Lucius King continued.

"Thank you, Father." Harutora quickly changed and they got into the car. Even after the Nonagon twins came aboard, it was a tense and silent ride.

Upon reaching the site of the restaurant, Lucius had some last advice to give.

"I've contacted Ito Mitsuki from Red Lotus, he's the best getaway driver we have. I'll take care of the press, Harutora, you take care of your friends.

"Yes, Father." At that, the four got out of the car, Lucius in one direction, and Harutora and the girls in the other, making sure to sneak past the security lines without getting noticed.

PLAYER

Fraccion 84 - Espada Noveno

Honestly, people don't know how to have fun anymore

hanako Avatar

hanako

Post by hanako on Sept 1, 2020 0:25:14 GMT -5

As the hollow attack raged on, a lone figure watched it all happen atop a nearby roof, humming to herself as she reveled in the orchestrated chaos "ah yes. So eager for souls, so hungry. This will teach you to use your restaurant as a front for selling drugs Mr. Chef. Stuff like this got me killed you know" she said, letting out a mad cackle... Which was promptly interrupted as she spotted two teenagers holding each other and trying to get out of the flaming building "Huh?. HUH?!. I thought I'd timed it perfectly, only the chef should be here today. Crap, what should I do. These idiots will not restrain themselves. No, remain calm Hanako. No need to interfere. Sometimes people die, you've killed so many people yourself. No need to get sentimental and ruin ev-" as she said that, a hollow burst through the nearby wall, jaws wide open as it was about to swallow the kids whole. In an instant, a flash of grey steel decapitated it, Hanako standing in front of the teens 

"Ok people, that's enough. Find the chef and his lackeys and bring them to me, no unnecessary casualties" while the hollows seemed to hesitate for a moment, they held their ground, until a particularly big one piped up "and why should we listen to you, miss Arrancar?. You simply told us there was food here, nothing about letting the food run away. There are 13 of us and you are one. Hmm. I bet I'll become a Vasto lorde if I eat you" and thus, Hanako had made enemies of her own attack force "Darn, this is why I hate kids" she said, calmly getting into a battle stance

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Sept 1, 2020 3:00:37 GMT -5

The King's Trio had managed to slip in undetected, and as soon as they got a clearer view, it appeared that a girl with a sword was already defending Yuuto and Kanon from the Hollows.

"Yuuto, Kanon, hold on, we're coming!" Harutora shouted as he climbed over piles of burnt rubble.

"I'll roll for rain!" Sei announced as a ghostly d20 appeared behind her. Sure enough, it began to pour, extinguishing most of the smaller fires. This took quite a bit of energy to use, however, so the downpour lasted only a few minutes before stopping. This ended up attracting some of the Hollows to Sei, who fought back with a few basic Hado and Bakudo spells she had learned.

Rei intercepted the other half, pulling out her guitar, which turned into a monstrosity of a weapon that was somehow still functional as an instrument.

"Eat this! MY TEARS RICOCHET!!!" Pieces of broken glass, twisted pieces of metal, and concrete slabs rose up in the air and surrounded the Hollows.

"HUH? That won't affect us, you fo--" shouted a Hollow as it stepped towards Rei. It never got to finish, as a marble-sized Reishi bolt tore through its body and mask several dozen times at supersonic speed, ricocheting off the floating debris and leaving gaping holes where it pierced through. The remaining Hollows either charged or fled.

"ROAR TO THE HEAVENS, MY ROCK'N'ROLLIN' SOUL!!!" Rei shouted as she hefted her guitar weapon and charged as well, more bolts appearing around her and firing off.

Meanwhile, Harutora had reached the other side and the bulk of the Hollows, sword already in hand. He didn't know how much he could handle this time, but considering he had a good rest the day before, he could probably take down a few, especially with help. He slid next to the girl with the sword and assumed his own battle stance.

"Thanks for protecting my friends, Miss, now let's hold off the Hollows while they run. Hey, over here, you monsters!" Harutora yelled while waving his Reishi-charged sword like a lightstick.

The chef had managed to escape the burning building with what remained of his money and even a stash of drugs in a sack, but he wasn't paying attention and bumped into Lucius while passing. As a result, his sack and its contents spilled onto the ground in full view of the cameras and other emergency authorities.

"You do know that this is a family-friendly establishment, right?" the purple-haired gentleman said in a deep and commanding voice while looming over the chef with his arms crossed.

"W-wait! Mr. King, I can explain!" said the chef frantically.

"Kono Lucius King ni wa yume ga aru," Lucius said while cracking a menacing smile. "You know, I wanted to be a Gang-Star when I was younger. But not like this. My company pays you enough, doesn't it? And don't you have a family to feed? How despicable."

"Mr. King, p-please forgive meee!!!" The chef was now frantically trying to back away while sniveling and screaming as Lucius advanced.

"MUDA!" The mafioso Fullbringer punched the chef with an uppercut straight to the jaw, sending him flying straight into the open door of a police car, unconscious.

"Yare yare daze, you even made me drop the gentleman act for a moment there..." And with that, Levi Beauregard went back to his daily life as Lucius King, brushing the dust off his fancy suit as if nothing had happened.

Last Edit: Sept 1, 2020 3:55:51 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

PLAYER

Fraccion 84 - Espada Noveno

Honestly, people don't know how to have fun anymore

hanako Avatar

hanako

Post by hanako on Sept 1, 2020 5:27:23 GMT -5

Hanako was slashing at hollows left and right. Being an arrancar, her power was enough to overpower several of them, her Reishi level alone stunning those that dared draw near. Despite that, it wasn't an easy battle, on the contrary, having so many enemies gang up on her at once was getting really tiring to guard against. If this kept up, she might have to use her release. But if she did that, all hell would truly break loose...

Before she had time to ponder on wether the nuclear solution would be needed, several figures charged into the Frey, disrupting the hollows attention. Right on time too, those teenagers might have died as collateral if she truly went all out. A particularly strong-looking kid even went as far as to back her up directly "heh... I guess good deeds may be rewarded after all" she chuckled, cutting through another hollow

After a little bit, the battle was well and truly done. A couple hollows escaped, but they'd think twice before deciding to attack again. Hanako sighed and nodded "well. I'm glad I could help, I should probably get going now"... But something wasn't right, the traces of hollow energy should be all but gone by now, but by far the largest signature was still here. It was centered... On Hanako herself. People with no knowledge of arrancar might have blamed faulty Reishi detection skills, but those who knew would realise what kind of terrifying creature lay before them 

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Sept 9, 2020 21:59:31 GMT -5

After a few rounds of combat, the remaining Hollows that hadn't been defeated yet fled, with Harutora firing a beam after them for good measure. Then, the girl who had been helping them fight spoke to them, indicating that she would leave soon.

"Thank you once again for your help," Harutora said, smiling. "And yes, we should go before they spot us in here."

"Over here, I'm sure I heard voices coming from inside!" came the distant voice of a firefighter. And with that, Harutora slipped away into a back alley, followed by Rei and Sei who had the second-years in tow.

They safely made it to the street on the other side of the block, where they were met with the sight of... nothing. Aside from the regular hustle and bustle of people and vehicles, they couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. Until they sensed a Fullbringer's Reiatsu coming from an otherwise empty store parking lot. The only person there was a brown-haired office worker drinking soda and holding what appeared to be the weirdest, most esoteric set of car keys ever.

The moment he saw a couple of teens who had clearly been through some sort of battle, he finished his soda, threw the can into a recycling bin, and clicked the weird car keys at the empty parking space, wherein an invisible car door popped open to reveal a luxuriously furnished interior.

"I'm Ito Mitsuki, Lucius King told me you were coming," he said, motioning for them to follow him. "Please get in the invisible car."

Seeing (or not, given that the car was invisible) a lack of alternatives, they all got in the invisible car. Harutora got shotgun.

"You're Mr. King's boy, right? I really owe him a lot. I used to be a common thief until your father found me and gave me a job. If you're half as good as him, you'll be pretty great even now. By the way, I heard from HQ that you made quite a first impression."

"Thank you, Ito-san," Harutora replied.

"Now, for the two newcomers. All of us here are what they call Fullbringers. We're created when our parents survive an attack from one of those mask-creatures you fought earlier before we're born. Those things are called Hollows, by the way, and they're corrupted souls. Fullbringers can manipulate the rudimentary souls in matter to various effects, like me pulling my soda into my mouth earlier. Usually, we form a connection with one particular item or set of items; they become our signature ability called a Fullbring. Mine is tied to the skeleton keys I used as a thief, they allow me to manipulate vehicles like this car, which I turned invisible and intangible to all except the ground. Look how fast we're going! How about you, what items do you use to activate your powers?"

Kanon was the first to talk. "I don't really have much of a connection to anything material, but I think my Fullbring is my eyes, if that makes any sense? My family has always been proud of them because they're violet."

"She has a great sense of aesthetics, loves to explore and discover new things, and has a great eye for detail," Yuuto added.

"How about you?"

"Me? I don't know either, but I've always been good with my mind. Problem-solving, academics, that sort of thing," Yuuto said.

"So your Fullbring focus is your brain? Interesting. Not that Red Lotus doesn't already have members with body part focuses like their right arm or their legs, but those are relatively rare. Anyway, we're here. I had to fly for a bit to go up the mountain, though."

Sure enough, they were in a courtyard within the premises of the temple that served as the Red Lotus headquarters.