Bleach Hereafter RPG

Meeting the Boss

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 13, 2022 19:37:42 GMT -5

Niji offered a slight shrug, the Arrancar obviously still had a bit of trouble differencing himself from his old hollow life, given how confused he was.  She could relate; her other lives were still jumbled in her head herself.   Either way, might as well follow-up on his comment before asking her own question.  "My understanding is the leader of the Shinigami is the man who founded the organization over two-thousand years ago."

She tapped her chin, as if she was thinking of her next question, but she had decided on it while he was responding, "But you are right, the ability to organize is probably the greatest threat Arrancar pose when compared to something like a Vasto Lorde.  Which does lead into my question; I know you are relatively new into your third life, but do you know what caused the rift between the Queen and the groups in Hueco Mundo that oppose her?"

It was a simple enough question, while she didn't know what the demon-reiatsu'd Arrancar stood for, he had been willing to help defend the city against the attacking hollows and their organizers.  That implied two different sides in that conflict, at least.  It was possible that one worked for the Queen, but it was unlikely that both did.  Despite only having discovered the existence of a Queen moments ago, the question laid the groundwork that she already knew there was opposition, and had some insight already into the workings of Hueco Mundo.

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 13, 2022 20:59:29 GMT -5

"Ah, so perhaps he is an outlier rather than a more common occurrence?" he would ask.  He couldn't imagine what a 2000 year old Hollow would look like, how many souls were inside of it or were needed to feed such a thing.  Still, the subject did make him think about their own leader, the Queen...how old was she he wondered.  Still that was not the question Gaia asked of him and he had to keep his mind straight.  If he wanted more information from her, limited as it may be, he needed to provide his own answers. 

Shaking his head he would look at the woman with a slightly saddened expression.  "I do not, although as always, one could guess." He looked around, then, at the deserted human building.  "Hollows are, by nature, malevolent, chaotic...and hungry.  Its entirely possible that the Queen's power, the amount of hollows she has under her control, could have led to a shortage of food or other freedoms?" He looked back at her.  "Its not really an answer to your question, and I'm sorry for that...honestly, I didn't even know about the rift in the first place."

He tapped his lips as he thought about his next question.  Honestly, the smartest thing would be to ask her about the rift she had referenced...or about how strong she actually was.  Perhaps some other odd question that might throw her off? He supposed that in the end the most important question for him was how to become stronger.  "Tell me...do you know anyone, shinigami or otherwise, that could teach me how to become stronger...I have a particular knack for Kido...but that's not necessary"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 14, 2022 18:59:55 GMT -5

Niji offered a slight shrug, "Theoretically, the six-hundred year old man should have more insight into older people than a comparatively young mortal."

She listened to his explanation, giving a small nod as he finished up.  Disappointing, but not unexpected.  There was little the man knew of the politics of Hueco Mundo, which made sense, given his new status as an Arrancar.  She shook her head slowly at his question, offering a sad smile of her own, "Do not feel too badly about your inability to answer my question. I can not really answer yours either. While I have a few textbooks on Shinigami practices, they do not go into anything advanced, and I would be loathe to loan them out further without permission."

Niji thought for a moment on his question, there was unlikely to be anything she could teach the Arrancar, even if she wanted to.  While she was incredibly powerful for a Fullbringer, and potentially she could explain the basics to another Fullbringer.  But She wouldn't have anywhere to start with one of the other races.  She had been able to make some minor kidō effects following the textbooks, but working with the kami was much simpler for her.  

"Your kind have their own version of spiritual energy manipulation, do they not? Cero, I believe? There are reports that stronger hollows can manipulate the beams of raw energy the weaker forms use to a wide variety of effects. I imagine the theory is similar to Shinigami magic; you would probably be best off finding another Arrancar."

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 14, 2022 22:30:22 GMT -5

"There are not as many arrancar roaming around as you might think" he would say with a sigh, waving off her suggestion to find more of his kind.  He knew the information given to her was valuable, perhaps so much that he should really tell her but...one had to offer a little bit of trust to learn something.  After all she had more reason to distrust him than he had to distrust her.  "At least not those that arn't under the control of an espada." he shook his head.  He wasn't honestly sure if he would mind working under one of the Espada...they each had unique personalities, true, but working under them gave protection...and power.

"A cero is actually quite advanced" he would say, raising a finger towards one of the nearby walls as he started to concentrate.  Crimson red lines of energy began to gather at the tip of his finger, starting to form into a perfect, small little sphere before deflating.  "I have some kido figured out...its easy, but a cero seems far more complicated so far...unfortunately"

He looked up at her a little too quickly.  Perhaps he shouldn't have mentioned he knew kido...it might imply certain things about where and how he had learned it.  He could say truthfully that he hadn't kidnapped anyone to learn it, nor threatened them to do so.  He had simply...thought about it, practiced...and came up with the solution.  Still, he wasn't sure if the woman infront of his would buy such a think if he said it.

"I'm curious if I'd be able to teach a cero to others...once I figure it outmyself to be honest."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 16, 2022 20:27:10 GMT -5

If the fact that the Arrancar had some experience with using kidō surprised Niji, it didn't show up on her face. It didn't, though; Arrancar seemed like a weird hybrid between Shinigami and Hollows, sealing their abilities and powers into their not-zanpakuto. And, once again; the man revealed more information about the organization of Hueco Mundo; the Espada sounded like particularly notable Arrancars, given by the way he phrased it. A queen, perhaps these were the lords and ladies of her court?

The fullbringer shrugged at his comments, "The basics kidō seemed fairly straight forward; once you are familiar with the basics of manipulating spiritual energy, the beginner spells seemed completely manageable. I assume they are primarily to build the foundations of more complicated spells.  I do not know enough about cero and the various derivations to make any assessment of that ability."

She smiled softly, allowing the conversation to lead into her next question, "Tell me more about the Espada, why would you not want to pledge your service to one of them?  Surely as a new Arrancar still getting familiar with the politics of your realm, it would be a good idea to have a patron?  At least one of them might be agreeable to your tastes."

Last Edit: Jul 16, 2022 20:33:39 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 17, 2022 11:51:39 GMT -5

"Yes...I understand that, the only issue I've had truly reconstructing is the incantations of the kido...I understand there is some way to make them stronger either before or after.  I've been rather restricted on that sort of information...though I do hope to find a teacher and learn more from them." he would look down at his hand, his finger.  "Yet Ceros seem wholy limited to hollows for some reason.  I'd reason it would be something to do with the heaviness and cursed nature of our power but if that was the logic then wouldn't you be able to do something similar?" He would shrug off the thought.

"The Espada are powerful, the strongest being in Hueco Mundo from what I understand.  Yet for all of my civility I am something of an outlier for other hollows....for the most part.  You imagine a world where eating and fighting is a way of life, those at the top are the strongest...Paranoia could overtake them at any time, to become an Espada there would need to be an open position after all?"  But ultimately, he would shake his head as he thought about the Espada.  "But truth be told I don't really know all that much about them...perhaps there is one that might take me on and not kill me." he looked pointedly at the woman, then said in a joking manner.  "Or one that might be more receptive to my flirting."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 17, 2022 15:53:21 GMT -5

With a shake of her head, Niji casually rejected the man's hypothesis, "No, while Fullbringers may have reiatsu that feels slightly similar to whichever race sparked their awakening, they do not share the same abilities. My powers are completely different from your own."

A wistful smile touched her lips as she continued, "Early on, I had so many theories, so many things I wanted to experiment with. About Quincy and Shinigami as compared to Fullbringers and Hollows, how the afterlife works for the spiritually aware mortals..."

She shook her head, "With few exceptions, nearly everyone I have encountered within the spiritual world has no interest in the how or why. They just want to know how to defeat the others, depending on how the result is destroying, purifying, or consuming. Asking philosophical questions on the nature of death and the spiritual world just gains you uneducated guesses, confused looks, and demands to fight."

Waving a hand dismissively, Niji continued, "But, you will see that in time, I suppose. As you mentioned, promotions in all of these spiritual organizations do not encourage collaboration." She continued forward, while she did not know about the Espada as the organization, he did not know that she didn't, "On that note, I was not referring to the Espada as an organization in my question. I meant more if you could tell me anything about the Arrancar that hold rank; as I have said, I am vaguely aware of some of the politics, but not the individuals involved.  It sounds like you do not have that sort of information at this time, so I will accept a delay on the answer and you may ask your next question."
Last Edit: Jul 17, 2022 15:58:18 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 17, 2022 21:55:14 GMT -5

Nez would shake this head.  "Each of the Espada have their direct subordinates, and I haven't been chosen as one.  Besides the number, 10, I know little about them...though I do know that one of them doesn't stay within the walls of Las Noches normally...I think I've seen her moving about the forest of menos." Nezuel would turn quiet as he thought about the woman's reply about her theories and the world.

"In my opinion...it is unlikely that no one knows how the worlds works.  There exist beings that have been around since the dawn of the spiritual world and they've never found out anything about it, unlikely.  Far more likely is that people know, those that they deem must know and they keep that secret jealously.  Perhaps it is something of consequence, or perhaps it is a weakness to be exploited.  Either way...someone must know how the world works, why it works...there has to be a reason for all this."

Nezuel had to think about his next question a little.  His most pertinent ones had been answered, and he was running out of ideas.  Perhaps he could mess with the human woman infront of him...perhaps even actually learn something useful if it wasn't too awkward.  "A question...how would I impress someone I like who may or may not be manipulating me?" he would ask, curiously tilting his head as he put the question both into thought and being by speaking at the same time.  "I'm not very good at the flirting thing...perhaps...but could you give me information on recent coutship.?"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 18, 2022 20:24:52 GMT -5

Niji smiled faintly at the man's comments, she had thought about that. If there were people that had thought more about the nature of the spiritual world, focusing their life and afterlife on metaphysical studies on the nature of reality; they would have a wealth of information available. If that person existed, she did not think that individual was part of the military-focused Shinigami organization.

The meaning of life (and death) was a question that had been pondered since the beginning of humanity, and even modern science could not fully explain how the world worked. Niji was an intelligent young woman, but in-depth discussions regarding cutting-edge technology and quantum mechanics were beyond her. But, she did glean that even in the top end of technology and science, there was much that was still not understood.

She took his next question in stride, offering a small shrug, "That is so vague it would be nearly impossible to give you specifics. But if you feel the need to impress someone who you think might be manipulating you, I would reconsider why you like this individual in the first place."

There was a quiet chime from her purse, and Niji pulled out her phone again, she would have to get moving soon; "Additionally, attempting to court a modern woman is going to be very different from courting someone from a generation or two back, much less one that is centuries old."

Her fingers flew over the device as she spoke, half-paying attention to the Arrancar, "I was serious about the library, though; it is on the way to my next appointment.  Assuming you are literate, you could easily spend a good amount of time there and catch up on history of at least the living world.  Maybe read a few books on modern romance.  A librarian could guide you to the relevant sections."
Last Edit: Jul 18, 2022 20:25:37 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 19, 2022 17:29:32 GMT -5

"I am an arrancar...arrancar and our kind is eccentric" he'd say with a smile.  "With my unlife being so much danger, is it any surprise that I should be attracted to someone that is dangerous or possibly conniving?" His eyes went to the item to woman pulled from her bag.  It was similar, so similar, to the item that the quincy had given him some time ago.  Fighting the hellhounds there had seemed to upset the man and he had repeated a phrase to either recruit or shoot him.  In the end it seemed giving him a similar item had recruited him somehow and he had indicated that if he wished to know more to call something within the item.

"I suppose that is true...she is rather old even if she doesn't look it, almost as old as me if I remember right.  That is not to say any differences in the courting of shinigami rather than a human." He would sigh, before pointing at her phone.  He pulled out his own before showing her, taking a fingernail to it as he tapped it..  "What are these?  A quincy showed up and told me to call on something within it if I wanted to know more about his group."

"Also," he would add.  "I have no issue against following you to a library, though perhaps you might recommend me some romance books or other curriculum reading?"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 20, 2022 6:51:17 GMT -5

Niji glanced up with a look of feigned surprise, "Two more questions? So much for alternating, I suppose."

She showed the screen of the phone to Nezuel, it had what appeared to be a map of Tokyo on it. "It is called a mobile phone, and would also require explaining what a phone is.  Which I would be happy to do, as well as give you a few recommendations for romance books...however..."

The Fullbringer smiled softly, and allowed her curiosity to take over; there was no harm in it, "As mentioned, finding spiritual individuals willing to talk instead of fight is uncommon; even less common would be Shinigami and Quincy willing to break bread with an Arrancar.  In order to answer your two extra questions, and to balance our questions: what is the name of the Shinigami you wish to court, and the name of the Quincy who gave you a phone?"

The woman pulled out a small set of keys from her purse and opened the passenger side door of her Taycan, "I can teach you how to use your phone, as well as give you those recommendations, on the way to the library."

She let out a quick and soft laugh as she started moving to the driver side, "By the way, this is called a car; it is basically a self-powered rickshaw.  Please, take a seat."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 20, 2022 19:31:56 GMT -5

Nezuel would smile at the woman's slight teasing of him asking two questions in quick succession.  Perhaps it was because he thought the questions were more pertinent and garnered more weight if they were asked together...but truly he simply had forgotten whose turn it was in the excitement of finally finding out what the phone did.  "Well, to be fair to the Quincy...he didn't seem particularly friendly.  He said he had to shoot me or recruit me...said I worked for his boss now, something about OGA...and that Vance had sent me...or some dripple."  he would shrug.  "I had the distinct impression that he didn't want to kill me, but would be force to under whatever orders he was there for, which seems reasonable." He paused for a momment, bringing a hand to his lips.

"The shinigami..." he said quietly, mind conflicting.  He had to keep her involvement with him a secret from other shinigami lest she get in trouble, but the woman before him was not of soul society's stock, no, her power was even a direct result of hollow energy.  If he had to guess he would say that shinigami wouldn't be allies of a human who gained hollow like powers, simply because they had not sought out allies in the hollows that had gained shinigami like powers.  Telling her was the best course of action, should give no harm to Irisa, and perhaps helped him in his goal. He nodded, making up his mind on the matter. "Her name, Irisa Ishiwara, first division."

Nez watched curious as the human opened up the machine of metal she had been sitting on...then moved over to the other.  He tilted his head at the strangeness before he took the meaning and moved to sit in the vehicle, slightly sitting up and looking out of the window.  "Well then...I look forward to your help and instruction, Gaia."
Last Edit: Jul 20, 2022 20:48:21 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 22, 2022 20:53:30 GMT -5

Niji did not bother to mask the look of distaste at the mention of the Quincy cowboy; "I have met that Quincy, and a friend of mine tells me he is a poor representative of his Agency.  They are a part of the politics of the spiritual I am still trying to puzzle out."

Her face didn't portray any particular emotion at the name of the Shinigami, but it made sense; anyone that was working for peace between the races, anyone Shinigami that was willing to teach an Arrancar kidō was probably all in on the first division Vice Captain's goal.

The woman didn't bother to wait for the man to buckle up; he wasn't in a physical form in the first place, so the mechanics of interaction were complicated anyway.  To anyone else, she would just be driving alone; the electric engine began quietly and they began to glide out of the garage.  "So, you could be asking for several things; so I will give you good coverage as best I can.  If you are going to insist on courting a Shinigami, I would recommend The Love Suicides at Sonezaki, or Romeo and Juliet from...well; I guess you'll have to learn about the existence of Europe and the Americas, I suppose even that would be after your time.  While those pieces are old by most mortal standards, they have withstood the tests of time."

She nodded and continued, "As for comparatively modern romance, Snow Country was published over half a century ago, but is already considered a classic; it follows much of the same themes as the other two.  More recent is Strange Weather in Tokyo, which is...well, it is fantastic."

The woman's face remained passive, but there was a slight flush to her cheeks as she continued, "If you are looking for something more direct, well..." Niji rattled off a pair of titles with no elaboration; then continued forward, eyes on the road, "There are, of course, also numerous books on the theories and chemistry of love, but I do not think that is what you are looking for."
Last Edit: Jul 22, 2022 20:53:38 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 22, 2022 21:57:30 GMT -5

Nezuel had quite a time attempted to keep all the information that Gaia was giving him straight in his brain.  Without a physical reference or a piece of paper to write on it would be hard for him to remember the multitude of books that she recommended.  Still, a few seemed to have unique enough titles that it should be easy enough to remember.  He was, he admitted, slightly confused as to the flush on her cheeks when she mentioned a few more direct books, the interaction with her not meeting her eyes made him remember those books in particular, even if it was just to keep her off guard.  Perhaps if a fight broke out between the two of them he could throw the book in her face and hope for a similar reaction.

"I know of Europe" he would say as he propped his head on his hand, looking out the window.  "I was born there, after all."  His eyes narrowed as he thought about his home.  It was on the eastern side...just before the edge of the world, before the historical land of Alexander.  He shook his head, that was his past and this meeting with Gaia and the information she could give him was for the future.

"I thank you for your help, Gaia, sincerely.  If there is a favor you need ask of me, simply say so."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 24, 2022 10:14:37 GMT -5

Niji nodded, it went both ways, Japan and Europe didn't really know of the others existence until somewhere in the 16th century. "Well, in that case; welcome to Japan."

A few seconds later, and she pulled the car into the comparatively small parking lot of the enormous Tokyo Metropolitan Central Library. The woman flicked the car into in park, then fixed Nezuel with an appraising look. "At the moment, I can not think of anything.  But the spiritual world is surprisingly small.  I am sure we will inevitably encounter each other again, assuming circumstances have not changed between us; I would be happy to know whatever you can determine about the Queen's court."

She raised her hands, offering a defense before any rebuttal came out, "I am not asking you to take undue risk, or any sort of clandestine activities.  Merely the general politics, major players, that sort of thing; nothing you would not determine given a longer time as an Arrancar."

The door to the Taycan opened on the passenger door, and Niji gestured towards the large building, "This is where we part ways, though.  I have other business to attend to, but the library should be able to answer many of your other questions.  It is a place of learning, so try not to be disruptive.  The librarians are helpful, but strict."

The Fullbringer nodded at him, a slight smirk brushing her features, "I would encourage you to ask one of them how to access the internet on your phone."