Bleach Hereafter RPG

Meeting the Boss

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 10, 2022 14:04:29 GMT -5

Nezuel stepped out of the garganta, once again looking around the city that was slowly becoming familiar to him.  He had met someone, a shinigami, in this area and had had a pleasant conversation with her.  She had taught him a way of interacting with the physical world and while he hadn't quite used that ability yet he was quite sure that there would come a time when he would.  But besides that he was looking for more to learn...and if one shinigami could teach him a useful technique, perhaps another could.  There was, of course, the possibility that the shinigami was hostile but so long as it wasn't something as ridiculous as a captain or vice-captain of the shinigami he was almost certain he'd be able to handle it or retreat in time if necessary.  Still, such powerful enemies were certainly rare and it was unlikely he would find one...it wasn't tempting fate to think on that....right?

He let out a sigh as he didn't detect who he was looking for...but that was alright, Tokyo was a rather large place..spiritually dense and...he was sure to find someone to talk to, Hueco Mundo just seemed to empty.  Closing his eyes he looked around using his senses to see what he could pick up.  It was faint...and his Pesquisa  was hardly at the level that it should be so he wasn't sure what it was but...there was certainly something.  Turning around he closed the garganta behind him...then started to walk towards the signature.

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 10, 2022 19:22:54 GMT -5

Niji had started allowing her reiatsu to leak out ever so slightly, not giving a hint at the vast ocean of energy she held within her, but just enough that someone might notice she had potential as a Fullbringer.  If Virgil had been afraid of Val's power, than Niji would probably have had a similar effect, likely preventing any recruiter from the secretive organization to approach.  But, if she appeared as a weaker being, ripe for training but well connected in the mortal world...well, it was worth a shot.

It hadn't been very long, but there had been no real results, she had to occasionally destroy a hollow that got too curious about the elevated reiatsu, but she knew that was going to be the case.  With her control issues behind her as long as she continued to feed her haven, there was little issue maintaining the false reiatsu level.

As she stepped out of the elevator into the parking garage and began to walk towards her Taycan, she sensed the newest arrival.  It felt like a hollow, but different; less bestial reiatsu, more controlled.  Even the Vasto Lorde she had encountered had a similar reiatsu, despite the humanoid form.  Perhaps this was another Arrancar?  She had only really met the one, and they hadn't talked much.  And his reiatsu had been mingled with the energies of hell.  It didn't matter too much, whatever the being was was coming straight towards her.  If it was seeking a fight, it would be quick.

They always were.

Niji took off her black suit jacket, folded it, and placed it on the hanger in the backseat.  The Fullbringer checked for cameras, it didn't seem like there were any she needed to disable.  So she simply leaned against the hood of her car and waited for whatever it was to arrive.

Last Edit: Jul 10, 2022 19:23:25 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 10, 2022 22:22:24 GMT -5

Nezuel's shoes hit the concrete payment of the top of the parking garage with a *click* as he landed.  He looked around at the multitude of cars in the place..metal machines he had figured out were made for transportation.  It would have been interesting to be inside one of the metal beasts but...flying was rather fun as well.  The signature he had been interested in was coming from below him.  It felt..odd, almost like another hollow was below him...but it was calmer.  He'd never felt anything like it before, some degree between the arrancar's deeper but calmer power and that of a shinigami perhaps?  If it were possible for hollows to gain shinigami like powers...perhaps the opposite was true as well?

He quickly found the stairs, not knowing what the elevator was as he descended into the area below, getting closer.  The amount they gave off wasn't small, larger than his...but not too large that he didn't think he could escape if he wished.  Yet as he saw the scene before him his confidence that he knew what was happening or likely to happen began to fade.  She was, as far as he could tell, human...how was that possible?  Surely he had eaten his fair share of human over his time as a hollow, especially those who were strong spiritually but this woman before him was...far beyond any of them, a league of her own.

Curious he approached slowed, letting her see him as he made his way, keeping some distance. As he stopped he nodded his head at her, then tilted it to the side. "Good evening, my name is Nezuel...may I ask...what are you?"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 11, 2022 16:01:34 GMT -5

As subtly as she could manage, she gradually dialed back her energy signature output to be slightly below the evolved hollow, even as he came down the stairs. She had noticed that hollows tended to keep their distance and observe if she was releasing more power than they had. Tuning her energy slightly up and down allowed her to keep the more instinctual beasts at bay or draw them in. Either way, this one was still approaching, better to not scare it off with too much output.

The woman didn't immediately look up, pretending to be interested in her phone. If the being was going to strike at her, might as well let him think he had the upper hand. But, it turned out he was curious; she slid her phone into her purse and smiled softly at the creature. Definitely one of the Arrancar, she could see the hole that marked him as one of the beings. Her voice was soft and kind as she spoke, seemingly completely unconcerned with his nature or arrival, "Good evening. I am a human with awareness of the spiritual."

She shrugged slightly, her gentle smile never faltering as she continued, no hint of fear entering her voice, "So, Nezuel, are you looking for a meal, or a pleasant conversation?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 11, 2022 16:15:32 GMT -5

It was curious, the change in her spiritual pressure.  It meant several things for the newborn arrancar the most pertinent being that this was nothing more than a huge trap...the honey to lure in flies while they were devoured.  If she was powerful enough to hide more of herself like that and still be equal to him...he had made a mistake and he hoped that it wasn't the last one he was going to make.  He had to gauge her power and figure out just how strong she was and his chances to escape and yet...he was still alive, she hadn't attacked yet.  Perhaps she wasn't used to talking to a hollow and was off guard...but that seemed unlikely.

"I no longer eat humans, spiritually aware or otherwise" he would say, starting out slow and hesitatingly before resuming a more natural tone and speed.  If he wanted to eat meat or spiritual pressure...hollows were a better source anyway.  He tilted his head.  "So I suppose by default it would be the latter...unless your question to eat and have conversation was an invitation to a date"  he looked around, noticing her metal car, they were rather new and interesting.  "But my original question...you feel like one of my kind, darker....like you were infected or..." he waves a hand, the words leaving him.  "How?"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 11, 2022 16:40:49 GMT -5

The woman continued to hold her gentle smile as she held up her left hand, revealing a sizable engagement ring, "Flattered, but spoken for."  

Niji offered a small shrug, she supposed he wouldn't have added the 'no longer' to the statement about eating humans if he was trying to put her off-guard. "As I understand it, there have been many names for people like me throughout history.  It seems that the term that is currently in vogue is Fullbringer."

She looked at him again with an appraising eye, attempting to take in his measure, "As I understand it, there are a handful of ways Fullbringers are created, but the most common way is spiritual activity taking place during gestation.  My mother was at the site of a hollow attack during her pregnancy; it sparked spiritual growth and awareness early.  I imagine the same could happen with a Shinigami or even a beast of Jigoku, though their energy would probably feel more similar to those type of creatures."

Casually, Niji slipped out her phone and checked the time, she had a good chunk of time before her next appointment; she could spare a few minutes before she had to drive over.  "So how long since you died, and how long have you been an Arrancar?  If I am to be honest, my interactions with your kind are limited, and I likely have as many questions as you do."

Last Edit: Jul 11, 2022 16:41:08 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 11, 2022 17:08:21 GMT -5

The women was taken, he wasn't really hopeful if he was being honest, who would be interested in someone like him, physically he did look rather young.  Still, the ring on her finger and the way she had pointed it out had seemed to signify...something of the sort, perhaps it was to show that she was in fact not available.  Truth be told he wasn't quite sure how he felt about the women, but atleast now he knew he didn't have to bother flirting with her, she seemed serious enough to not want to have to deal with such things from a stranger...which was fair.

"Fullbringer" he would mutter, bringing a finger to his lips, tapping it on and off as he thought.  She had mentioned other types of beings with the possibility of giving them powers.  He was curious, if a hollow's results in these...fullbringers, what of Shinigami or Quincy or others...would it be possible to inject this ability and type of power into unborn children on purpose?

His eyes lit up a little as she checked her phone, its design similar to the strange object a quincy had given him a little while ago, it seemed she knew how to unlock its secrets...but was it better to let sleeping Quincies lie with their weird artifacts?

"That would depend on the current date, I suppose...but its been a little under 600 years since I died...and perhaps a few days since I became an arrancar?" he would nod at her, he had asked some questions and she had answered with no guarantee of repayment...perhaps they could trade information....  "What else do you want to know Fullbringer?"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 11, 2022 21:00:52 GMT -5

Niji nodded, this being was technically long dead, but from what she understood, might not remember a vast majority of his history. Through her research she had determined that Arrancar were basically the result of one personality becoming dominant in the mass of souls that made up any particular hollow, then finding a way to remove their mask and seal some of their powers into something vaguely similar to a zanpakuto.  The actual process was apparently a mystery; even Takano, the hollow researcher that was working out of her Antarctic haven, knew nothing beyond the basics.  Or at least, wasn't willing to indicate he knew more than the basics.  But as far as she knew, being 'just a few days' since his evolution was uniquely young as far as Arrancar were concerned. She had almost no knowledge of the situations in Hueco Mundo, but her conversations had led her to believe there was some degree of organization.

On the bright side, it did not seem like she would have to destroy the creature. Which was a nice change from the other Hollows that had tried to prey on her. She gave a polite bow, "You may call me Gaia, Nezuel." She stood from the bow, locking eyes with the newly made Arrancar, the soft smile still on her lips, and she continued, "And I suppose the first question is also the most straightforward. What has your life been like since you became an Arrancar? How is it different from when you were a hollow?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 11, 2022 21:29:24 GMT -5

Nezuel blinked.  "You don't look like a fertility goddess" he mumbled, then shook his head.  "Apologies."  It was obvious that it wasn't her real name...though he was slightly curious as to why she would hide that information from him.  Was she wanted by someone...or something perhaps?  It was certainly interesting, this new form of being he'd never met before...though perhaps the same could be said for her if he thought about it?

"Since I have become an arrancar I suppose you could say that my life has improved." he would shrug  "A human body is a luxury that...after a time, you don't realize how much you miss it, almost like a broken or damaged piece of you" He took a step forward and up, then another...then sat down cross-legged on a reishi platform.  "Diplomacy is an option on the table now...I've talked to Quincy, Shinigami...and now a fullbringer where before I was attacked on sight, not that I can blame them"  He smiled softy, bring a finger to his lips.  "And the hunger has decreased...I can eat food...and the memories...the pain isn't quite the same either."  He would look at her curiously, eyes squinting a little.  "Why do you want to know?  It seems like people are so curious to ask questions once they find one of my kind willing to talk."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 13, 2022 7:00:36 GMT -5

Niji laughed, a light and genuine sound.  Having seen various statues of fertility goddesses, she would take that as a compliment.  "I did not come up with the alias, but I tend to focus on the nature part of mother nature."

She nodded as the Arrancar gave his explanation of the physical and emotional differences, as well as relief at not being attacked on sight. Which was fair, if Nezuel had been a normal hollow looking for a snack, Niji would already be driving to her next appointment. "But as to your question, there is no particularly deep meaning; simply put, the curiosity is driven by novelty. Arrancar are uncommon and not well known, but from my understanding, there is already built up animosity between Shinigami and Quincy against your kind.  Fullbringers are similarly rare, and I can say I generally receive a similar response, curiosity and questions. Outside of the occasional hungry hollow, most spiritual beings are more willing to talk than immediately risk their lives against the unknown, particularly when it is possible they might gain some valuable information."

Niji continued with a shrug, while she had fought alongside the demonic Arrancar; the Menos Grande swarm they had destroyed in Phoenix was being manipulated by a trio of adjuchas with some greater plan. "I am still trying to determine just how many sides there actually are.  Not all of Hueco Mundo seems to be working towards the same goal."
Last Edit: Jul 13, 2022 7:03:13 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 13, 2022 15:20:04 GMT -5

The arrancar smiled a little as the woman, Gaia he reminded himself, responded to the comment he didn't really mean to make. As she continued to speak, he began to no along with her words.  "The animosity between our races, the Hollows, Shinigami, and Qunicy are there for a good reason.  While most hollows are nothing more than beasts they still require food and the amount of lives lost by the roaming beasts is rather high.  Soul Sociey has it own reasons for hating the Quincy and the Quincy to Soul Society no doubt but if given the chance between killing a Hollow or their other enemies I feel as though they would no doubt choose the Hollow, if not for the simple fact of our ugly faces"

He tilted his head.  "I admit that I am not one for the politics of Hueco Mundo, my time amongst the sand more for survival rather than anything else but...the Queen holds significant power, although I don't really know how much in truth" he would sigh before looking over at the woman.  "You just want to know what you can...and the same can be said for me...so how about a fair trade, question for a question?"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 13, 2022 17:21:33 GMT -5

The news of a 'queen' of the Arrancar, even if it was vague, was news to her; in fact, practically anything this being was able to tell her about the plane of hollows would likely be new.  No surprise showed on her face; she naturally maintained her calm smile, not revealing that the creature had given her anything new.  Niji gave a slight chuckle, "And people think politics ends with death. I do not know how aware you were as a Hollow, or how exactly that transition to Arrancar affects your mind and memories, but the spiritual world is rife with all sorts of web weaving, no matter which side one is involved with.  As you know, the forces of Hueco Mundo are not a monolithic block."

She nodded at his trade deal, there was no harm in answering questions, there was very little she had to conceal, and she doubted this newborn Arrancar would touch on any of those subjects, "I assumed that that was already the exchange, Nezuel, even if we did not put words to it."

"While I am not sure how much you will be able to tell me, particularly if you avoid intrigue in her court, I will never turn down interesting conversation." She made a sweeping gesture with her hand, as if offering the floor to the Arrancar, "I have some time before my next appointment; please, ask your questions."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 13, 2022 17:49:20 GMT -5

"To be fair, when I died, many people thoughts the afterlife would be quite different.  Being accepted into Heaven's gate was what I exited, or thrown into the pits of Hell.  I have, so far, seen only evidence of one of these places, and proof of the other evades me." His memories went back to the hounds he and the quincy had dispatched.  Still, he was unsure how much one such as her would know of the world and how little he knew himself.  "Perhaps that exchange was unspoken, but speaking it makes it real and ensures that we each have an understanding." he smiled a little.  He supposed that it was his time to ask a question, but he still had words to say.

"I am not an expert of such things...and a scientist of our race may be better able to describe it, I could only tell you what I know from personal experience...but awareness as a Hollow is a curse...and the masks we wear serve a purpose" He would shrug before thinking for a moment.  What did he want to know...what would she actually tell him?  If their agreement held, he could ask her anything...but making her upset may cancel that agreement...or his life.

"What is the state of the world right now as you know it...spiritually or otherwise.  I've missed quite a bit of history during my time among the white sands and I know little of Soul Society or the Quincy besides their intentions...if diplomacy and dialogue are possible...and havn't been attempted, the question remains as to why?"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 13, 2022 18:16:25 GMT -5

Niji raised an eyebrow at the young-looking man, "So, your first question is if I can bring you up to date on six-hundred years of history?  I could do my best on giving you a history lesson, but just to give you the scale of what you need to catch up on, the strongest military in the world is in a country that did not exist three centuries ago on a continent that had not been discovered when you died.  Humanity developed flying machines, and less than a century after that men walked on the moon."

She shook her head, "No, I am not the right one to teach you about history.  I can show you to a library and the books will have to do the rest.  So perhaps I can try to address the spiritual side."

Naturally, there were people like Ryoga, Vice Captain Muimina, and Takano who would prefer to open a dialogue than draw their weapons.  Indeed, the Vice Captain had come to her to specifically request her aid in such matters.  At some point she would need to talk to him, the timing of his questions and the near-apocalypse were suspicious, to say the least.  But to deal with Tendo; or Virgil and the Red Lotus; or Hibano's situation...she would need allies that she could trust.  And she needed to figure out if he was among them.

The Fullbringer continued, "As I understand it, the Quincy were nearly wiped out by the Shinigami long before your original death.  As some of the individuals involved in that war have been alive for well over two-thousand years, I assume some old grudges have not been lost.  It is said that when the Quincy slay a hollow, it utterly destroys the soul of the creature, as opposed to purifying it and sending it to Soul Society; I think that was the root cause of the conflict, and probably why there is no alliance between your people and theirs."

With how little she knew about the actual Quincy organization, there was no real insight she could offer there, and she doubted Nezuel had any answers either, "As for the Shinigami-Hollow relationship...well, I think most Shinigami simply do not see Arrancar as more than a 'more dangerous hollow.'  Which is a difficult place to start a dialogue.  There are some Shinigami who are willing, though their leadership does not agree with them.  I suppose beings that have lived for so long are fairly set in their ways."
Last Edit: Jul 13, 2022 18:17:57 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 13, 2022 18:39:59 GMT -5

"Perhaps its simply a matter of 'as long as things are run well why change them?'" he would ask with a shrug.  "It is interesting to think of the world on a scale of millennia...two thousand years and some of the people involved are still involved?  They must be remarkable...powerful" He felt a little embarrassed actually, thinking his own age was something of importance, something of note.  It seemed that as long as you were in this world there was always someone bigger, stronger...older.  "I would think that Quincies are not our allies became they are, at their root, human and we eat those" he blinked  "Hollows in general, I mean" he shook his head, his thoughts were a jumble today it seemed.

"It is fair that shinigami see us as more dangerous hollows, that is what we are at our core.  Really, any creature that can think and act more man than beast is more deadly...aside for the fact of our other abilities.  Still, the most dangerous thing about us might be our ability to exist in one place together without destroying each other." his thoughts went to what he had heard about other types of menos and how they fought over food and resources.  Would a Vasto Lorde ever work with another of his kind...or was the top of the Hollow totem pole and food chain a truly lonely place?

"Now...that is a question answered, ask yours Gaia, what do you wish to know?"