Journey to the Unknown

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jul 29, 2022 3:52:22 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

Irisa may have been around for a very, very long time, but by the time she became a Shinigami, Tendo Shoten had already stood. A long lasting franchise that was founded in Tokyo a very, very long time ago, it did not look like much for the average human person, but for spiritual beings, be it Shinigami, Fullbringers, or even the occasional Arrancar or Quincy, it was a haven protected from bloodshed where they could receive specialized equipment in their journey. Technology from Soul Society, Quincy equipment, uniforms... and all at a fair price, generally.

For some time, the shop's customers were worried if it might be closed. After all, it was the site of one of the most climactic battles this entire century, one in which the owner of this shop was partially complicit in starting. Ultimately, however, it reopened, at least after the giant hole in front of the shop was fixed. However, all equipment from the lab below was confiscated and the lab itself was filled in with gravel. Still, Irisa didn't mind making a check on Tendo while also getting equipped for her mission to Hueco Mundo with Nezuel. Two birds with one stone.

The Shinigami arrived in front of the shop early in the morning of the day she requested the Arrancar to meet her - in case her directions on paper weren't helpful to him, he'd at least be able to find where to go by following her energy. Besides, she needed some time to mentally prepare herself for what was about to happen.

This wasn't an order handed down to her by Soul Society - Irisa chose to infiltrate Las Noches on her own accord. And her plans were going to be... ballsy. Hopefully non-violent, but still ballsy.

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 29, 2022 14:06:19 GMT -5

Irisa wouldn't get the time to mentally prepare herself for the activities ahead...Nezuel was already there waiting for her.  He thought that it was rather cute of her to release her riatsu for him, letting him follow the trail of her energy like a bloodhound.  It might have been appreciated if the arrancar  hadn't checked out the shop a few days prior.  He had sought to learn about it from a distance, trying to avoid detection as he looked at it...wondering who was inside and how powerful they might be.  Ultimately, he had sought an escape route in the nearby alleyways and buildings...should the worst come to pass.

The night before, he had slept underneath the star near this place, constructing for himself a mortal body to both...feel what it used to be like and to hide his riatsu from any prying eyes.  It seemed to have worked, no hollows or other kinds of spiritual beings had disturbed him.  But when the sun had arose this morning, peeking out over the top of the horizon, so had he and he had stripped himself of his fake body.  Then he had waited, watched, thought about what was about to happen and wondering if it would begin something he couldn't stop, change something that couldn't be undone.

"Good morning, Irisa" the arrancar would say as he walked up behind her, moving to her side as he looked at the shop.  If she delved into him, investigated or cared to notice, perhaps she would find that his riatsu was far more stable than it had been the last time they had met.  All in all the arrancar was starting to get used to the body he had gained, each day a new power being brought back to him, his control growing.  Irisa wouldn't know the reason unless she asked, of course, and if she did perhaps he would tell her the truth.  All she could tell now was that he was at least twice as strong as before, perhaps three times...and not a moment too soon if they were going to enter Hueco Mundo today.

His mind wandered to a book he had checked out of the library detailed picking up lines of women. "The sun is shining bright this morning...yet it doesn't hold a candle to your beauty."

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jul 31, 2022 3:18:56 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

It did not take long for Nezuel to show his face - in fact, Irisa could notice his Reiatsu signature bubbling out of nothingness almost as soon as she stopped in front of Tendo Shoten. So she was not the only one of the two who decided to arrive as early as possible. The Shinigami turned to meet Nezuel face to face.

It's only been a week, and he's grown... quite a lot stronger. To the point where his sudden jump in power was even slightly intimidating. If she fought him now at the same level of suppression that they had in their spar, she would have to be a lot more careful. Summon a second shield, use her self-healing techniques... spend less time casually twatting Nezuel with her Zanpakuto.

The Arrancar did not waste time - right after greetings, he opened with a compliment, blatantly flirting with her. Ohh, dear... When she's playing games like these, she should have expected dealing with moments like these... and yet, witnessing an Arrancar waxing poetic while trying to woo her, might just make her die a little inside.

Irisa did not show it, however. She grinned instead, speaking:

"Have you been rehearsing this, Nezuel? Thanks, you're looking good today as well."

She folded her hands behind her back and turned towards the entrance of the shop.

"Well... our journey begins here, then. This is Tendo Shoten. A helpful little store, outside of any conflicts between the spiritual races, which provides equipment and advice for anyone who asks for aid and isn't nefarious... It should be helpful for you in the future, even after we return from Hueco Mundo."

As soon as she opened the door and the bell above rang, Tendo hailed her from the counter on the other side of the compact hall:

"Irisa! Long time no see."

"Been a few decades, give or take," she answered him, smiling. Tendo then brought attention to the Arrancar alongside her, inviting him to introduce himself:

"Who's this boy you brought with you?"

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 31, 2022 7:07:55 GMT -5

If Nezuel was being honest, he had hoped for a stronger reaction to the line than the one he got.  Perhaps it was simply due to the nerves of whatever it was she was going to have them do here, or perhaps she simply hadn't expected it.  Still, he could almost gleam a slight tease in her words.  He pulled out the book from one of his pockets.  "Yes...I visited a library and picked up a book about such things...although I don't know how half the things inside would compliment someone.  Asking someone if they fell from heaven, becoming a fallen angel, seems to be an insult to me."  Without any more elaboration, he put the book away, unless she made a motion to see it more.

"You and this mission have been on my mind, I admit some worry about what we're going to do." he shook his head and held up a hand.  "But not so much so as to endanger what you have planned." When he looked at her he could see her taking the same pose as before, but this time his eyes stayed on her own.  Perhaps it was time to test the waters?

"A neutral place?" he'd ask  "Independent...what are the politics with soul society over such a place, I'd figure they would have stamped something like this out?" he looked to the man that was inside as the pair of them entered.  "Hello" he'd say with a bow at the waist.  "My name is Nezuel, a pleasure to meet you."

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 1, 2022 12:21:38 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

"Ah, I see..." Irisa muttered, in response to the book on pick-up lines which Nezuel showed, though not before complaining about how calling someone a "fallen angel" sounds like the opposite of a compliment to him.

I am making a terrible mistake.

"Well, it's a pick up line for mortals. To them, being an angel, even one who fell from heaven, is a sign of incredible beauty," she answered, to explain Nezuel's confusion. Of course, it didn't really apply to either of them.

Once Nezuel introduced himself in the shop, Tendo briefly stared into him, narrowing his eyes, then, having confirmed to himself that there was nothing to be suspicious about, briefly waved his hand and answered:

"Hey, name's Tendo. Nice to meet you."

"Tendo and his place are quite helpful to Gotei 13, so why should we stamp down upon it? Besides, it commits no harm, and helps Shinigami on missions, if they are lawful," Irisa spoke up to answer Nezuel's concern about this place's existence, then made her way to the shop's counter. With a sly smirk, she placed her hands on the table. "Reiatsu masking perfume, Arrancar version - pay it off my lifetime supply of Tendo Shoten products."

"...Of course." Without any ado, Tendo moved to the boxes in the back and returned with a small bottle of perfume. The bottle was colorless, but the liquid inside was almost entirely black - and the scent of the perfume could be felt from a distance. Irisa briefly flicked it in her hand, then triumphantly turned to Nezuel.

"There. No need for Hollowification or anything equally self-destructive. Through proprietary technology, we are able to change the appearance of our Reiatsu, making it seem like I am an Arrancar, just like you!" she explained and then began spraying it onb herself - in a manner that immediately got Tendo nervous and had him yell:

"Wait! Only spray it-"

By now, however, it was too late. Not only was Irisa's Reiatsu affected, but her body as well - suddenly, she began to grow, reaching Tendo's height, while her hair shrank and her black Shinigami uniform vanished from view. Both were replaced by bleached white, and bones suddenly began to protrude from her face. The result was a lanky male Arrancar, who, after briefly losing balance of her body, collapsed to one knee.

"Oh... oh dear..." Irisa muttered, even her voice having turned masculine.

"...once." Tendo finished his sentence, dissatisfied at his customer having forgotten to read the instructions. "Well, you're going to be stuck like this for three hours or so - though, I imagine this shouldn't hurt your mission much."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 1, 2022 20:22:38 GMT -5

Nezuel appreciated Irisa's explanation of the pickup line.  Perhaps the issue with it, or with his effectiveness in general, was that it was made for and by mortals.  He supposed that the shinigami must have a library somewhere in their own world, their soul society.  Perhaps one day, should he ever be allowed inside, he could check out a book or two.  Truth be told he didn't see the event as a likely one, if anything he would be clasped in irons and sent to whatever jail they had if he showed up.  Of course, that was also assuming they didn't just stab him through his heart and be done with him.

Irisa's explanation of the shop made sense but it made him wonder about a few things.  This placed committed no harm, yet as an arrancar he could find help and services here. Had it simply been a case of their only customers, those with credit mind you, being shinigami?  What was to stop the shinigami from stopping this place from helping him, or a quincy, their official enemies?  The payment for the item in question was also confusing.  How did one value a lifetime here, in human years or in shinigami. Was there a difference in the amount...hollows not aging after all.

"I hadn't planned on hollowfication Irisa, I don't even know what that..." he trailed off, his thoughts of a chain and mask hidden somewhere disappearing as Irisa turned from the blonde shinigami that he thought he knew and instead turned into an arrancar, legitimately looking and feeling like one.  His hand went to the hilt of his sword, steel singing as he pulled it out slightly, riatsu flaring.  "Explain Tendo....these changes, are they just physical or is there more to it?"  His eye flicked, for a moment, to his shadow as he noticed movement.  A hand, larger than his own, was drawing the blade further out of its scabbard.  With an effort of will he restrained his riatsu and slowly put the sword fully back in its scabbard.

He bent down, taking a knee as he looked at the Irisacar.  His hand went to her chin to get him to look at her...him?  "Do you feel anything odd?  Any pain, despair, hunger?" genuine concern touched his voice as he looked into her now blue eyes.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 2, 2022 14:37:36 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

Nezuel getting ready to draw his weapon did not faze Tendo, but his concerns were founded. The shopkeeper briefly raised his hands, as if to show that he meant no harm, then answered:

"She did not actually become an Arrancar, no. However, for the next few hours her body will act somewhat like it, and her body will remain in this morphed state. A master in sensing Reiatsu could figure out that something's not right with this Hollow, but the average Arrancar would pass it off as one of their kin."

"Don't bother, Nez... this was my mistake," Irisa spoke up after finally rising back up to full height, and noticing the Arrancar having flared up his Reiatsu. The situation, thankfully, did not escalate. While her peer was asking her questions about how she felt in this new body, Irisa looked down to her hands, tapped her cheeks, then, after the sensation of sharp protruding bone, summoned a small reflective Reiatsu barrier in front of her face, acting as a mirror. Well... at least the transformation didn't leave her too ugly.

"Well, I don't know why I'd feel despair... but this body could definitely go for a snack," she answered, with a smirk - whether she was serious or simply fooling around was up to Nezuel to judge. "Buuut... there's no time. Thanks, Tendo, I guess, this should work for our mission."

"You're not even the first one in your division to make this mistake..." Tendo muttered under his breath. He recalled the story told to him by Altair well - and it was even more amusing than this. Irisa, meanwhile, turned to the Arrancar.

"Well, Nez... guess I'll let you lead the way now."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 2, 2022 21:05:29 GMT -5

"Perhaps a snack on the way back then, some mortal restaurant...I can only hope that our mission in Las Noches is done before you turn back." His lips turned down into a frown.  "They have this wonderful thing called fast food." his tone would make it clear he was joking.  He knew, and Irisa most likely knew, that he had meant the hunger that afflicted all hollows.  Her ignorance to despair and the arrancar's worry about it was perhaps him jumping the gun so to speak...but there would be time to explain it should she ask...although he supposed she already had.

"Perhaps," Nez would say as he looked at the shop keeper, raising an eyebrow.  "You should tell people the way to use it before you allow them to take hold of it no?"  He was clearly unhappy with the turn of events.  He didn't care that Irisa looked or felt different, she was still the same person under that hollow appearance and despite his flirtations ogling of her, her looks wasn't the best thing about her.

"Regardless, thank you for your help." Nez would say as he trailed a finger within the air of the store, a black portal into the void between worlds appearing.  He stepped through, offering a hand to Irisa, mostly to stop her from stepping further inside ahead of him.  With a nod at the storeowner he would let the tear close, leaving the two figured dressed in white against an endless black void.  Beneath them floated a small reishi platform, the deep red of it clear contrast to the darkness around them. 

"Have you ever been in a gaganta before Irisa...and perhaps we should come up with another name for the next few hours?"  He took a few steps forward, letting his riatsu out as the reishi platform expanded in front of him at pace with his walking.  "Just be careful where you step and try to create a reishi platform...traveling far is not recommended."  With those words he began to walk, red beneath the two, the platform staying smooth and steady.

"I had asked you about despair and hunger because that is what hollows are, the key factors to our creation and behavior."  As the two of them walked small lights would start to appear on the walls of the void, images in small screens of different scenes, some disjointed and others flowing smoothly.  There was no clear similarity between them, some showing a beautiful field in the day, others the star at night.  Even more show a soldier's last charge, an arrow or blade ending their lives.  "Hollows are born of negative emotion, the feeling of leaving something behind or unfinished.  Yet when we become hollow so many of us are unable to cope, the despair forms around us and we lock away what we were and what we are behind a white door, throwing away the key...a mask."

He stopped as one of the scenes depicted a sunset, brilliant red.  There was a tree, a rope, a chopping block.  His eyes glanced from the image to the reishi road he had made, the continuing redness starting to shudder and even break apart in smaller platforms as he lost his concentration.  With a wave of his hand he wiped the image away, sending it into the void, then concentrated his attention on the road to reinforce it..  "I had feared that the appearance of a mask had made you vulnerable to such things...as well as the hunger we hollows feel."

"I was always curious," he'd say as the two finally approached an edge of darkness directly in front of them.  "How much of your mortal life do you, a shinigami, remember?"  His hand moved forward, ripping open the void to show her the starry night sky of his home, the moon with its crescent shape. 

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 4, 2022 15:49:24 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

"Well, the instructions are on the bottle, just like anything you'd buy in a cosmetics shop..." Tendo explained himself - though he did not expect Nezuel to know how a cosmetic shop would work or how to picture it in his mind. Once he and Irisa departed from Tendo Shoten, entering a Garganta which was leading them towards Hueco Mundo, the Arrancar began asking her questions, about her experience of the dimension, and of any alias she planned to use while in Las Noches.

"I have not been inside a Garganta before, no - we don't have much reason to," Irisa answered, following after Nezuel - much like he ordered, she did not stray too far, merely observing the endless void. "My new name, hmm..." It wasn't easy to come up with something that could reasonably pass off as an Arrancar name, on the spot - so, Irisa receded to her thoughts for a little while, long enough that she got to listen to Nezuel explain the connection between the Hollows, pain and despair. Much like she had assumed, it was connected to Hollow nature - born from being unable to reach their place of rest due to being restrained by pain and despair, they carry these negative emotions in their hearts, and it is what guides them.

It was this belief that fueled Irisa's determination that all Hollows, no matter how sentient or friendly, must eventually be purified. Even if, in the case of people like Nezuel, it may take some time and some pragmatic work together.

"Well, you answered your own question, then. This "Arrancar" form of mine did not come about in the same way yours has. I did not have to go through such despair to spray myself with body-morphing perfume - so, even if my body acts like an Arrancar's now, it doesn't shackle me with the same deep emotions that someone else might be," Irisa answered, contemplating - then flashed a faint smirk. "Well, I suppose, if I have to play the role of someone pained and in despair, I must have a very dark and evil name, right? How about... Trueno. A bolt of lightning, the rain transformed..."

She punctuated her naming choice with a giggle at herself. Soon, the duo arrived at the end of the transitory dimension and stepped to the other side - a dark, bleak world of endless wastes, exactly what Irisa remembered of Hueco Mundo. It was here that Nezuel offered her another question, and she answered:

"I've never been a mortal. Many of us Shinigami are former mortals who died and moved on to Soul Society, yes... but those living in Soul Society can raise families and bear children like mortals. I come from one such family - my life began in Rukongai."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 4, 2022 21:52:58 GMT -5

"Perhaps I did not explain it well, but the simple fact that there is a mask had me fear that there was despair.  It might be similar to the appearance of a zanpaktou on an arrancar....you may assume that we have a zanpaktou spirit." She would be wrong if she did, of course, but he atleast believed the shinigami to know her enemies well enough.  "I might consider the name Irisa an already dark and evil name." he would say with a sideway glance at the shinigami turned arrancar.  "And if you need inspiration for despair, just imagine yourself as a cute arrancar that hasn't been kissed in five days."

He stepped out of the garganta, shoes kicking up a little sand as they hit the ground.  He looked back at Irisa, Trueno he corrected himself, waiting for them to leave the garganta before allowing it to close.  He took a few seconds to look around, the sand dunes around them stopping the pair from seeing very far.  "I must admit some jealousy at that." he'd say, closing his eyes as he focused on trying to figure out just where they were.  "To not have to suffer and die a mortal death...is this Rukongai a section of soul society...did you enjoy your life there?"

He opened his eyes, moving his head in a direction over towards the tallest dune near the couple.  He used sonido to quickly get to the top of the dune, looking to the north and seeing it, Las Noches.  The building was enormous,  miles separating the two from the building yet still within sight.  The two of them could walk for a day and the home of the arrancars would look no bigger than it did now, the size of the dunes before it so vast.  On their way there were several oddities, a lake of not water, a few stray trees and branches...but most noticeable were small buildings scattered here and there, entrances to the underground section of the Hollow fortress.

"Did you have a preference of getting inside...we could try underground, the roof, the front door."

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 6, 2022 12:41:32 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

"Well aren't you needy..." Irisa played off Nezuel's comment, his hints about desiring an another kiss from her - then flashed a sly smirk, having realized the opportunity. "So you're kissing someone else, then, hmmm? Because our incident happened a bit longer than five days ago..."

To hear that Irisa had never had a mortal life, living in Soul Society from birth, was enough to scratch some jealousy into Nezuel - he would have wished to receive such an upbringing, and began to ask about what it was like. After some pause, considering what she should and should not mention about her personal life, the Shinigami answered:

"Well... we were no Noble family, but we fared alright. Lots of my peers... weren't as lucky. Rukongai does not have the best reputation, especially the farther away from the core you go... but, thankfully, my parents did not get to live in the worst districts. I still visit them from time to time."

For an Arrancar, something like this - a family, to one you can come back to, share your joys and grief and always be certain of a helping hand - might just be an entirely foreign concept. Irisa did not know whether Arrancar could even... procreate, and she was in no rush to find out. That such a solitary species was able to organize a structure like the Espada was a surprise in of itself.

Hastening their trip across the bleak skies, Nezuel and "Trueno" landed atop a large dune of gray sand, overlooking the enormous fortress. In this near-lifeless dimension, where few manmade structures even exist, it was an intimidating sight to behold.

After observing Las Noches, Nezuel asked Irisa on what her preference was for entering the fortress - she, on the other hand, had suddenly succumbed to one knee, clutching onto her Zanpakuto and communing with it.

"Yes, I sense it as well... Something's not right..." She hadn't actually come across Las Noches before - so the sensation of experiencing its emanating Reiatsu, be it its denizens of its walls themselves, briefly overwhelmed her. She imagined it merely as a large fortress of Arrancar - and yet, she could tell that it was something more than a building.

"...sorry. Don't worry about me, just a bit of shock from seeing this the first time," Irisa explained herself and quickly stood back up. "Going through the front door would be... very ballsy, but, honestly, it might just work. If we're caught sneaking around, it... would illicit a far stronger reaction."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 6, 2022 19:51:05 GMT -5

"Hollows are being of want Trueno-chan, could you expect anything different from me?" he gave her  a smile before raising an eyebrow.  "Ah...right, I spent some time in the garganta and time flows different there but...I suppose I did."  His thoughts turned to a fight about a building, the feeling of red hair in his hands.  The burning kiss he'd given...and perhaps even received.  "I admit I didn't think anyone want to kiss a body like this and you kiss was rather enlightening...I'd forgotten what flesh had felt when not under teeth and tongue." There was perhaps a bit morbid but he was speaking from truth.  "So I met a friendly quincy by the name of Lazarus and we kissed." he shrugged  "I admit it was rather different than our own, the spark on the lips, my skin was burned a little being toxic to their race and all."

"Jealous?" he'd ask in a joking manner, turning to her.  "If you wanted to not have me kiss or flirt with others you say so and it will be done." he'd look back at Las Noches, slightly hopeful thinking that she might just do that...but also thinking that the more likely outcome was the opposite response.  He'd sigh, eyes looking far way.  "Family is important, I'm glad you got to experience one if you didn't have a mortal life...keep up with them, if you ever lose them I think you'll experience a pain you'd never want to experience again...." a small smile on his lips as he thought of the pun.  "A hollow pain."

"But enough about that...theres a few things to remember.  Although your riatsu feels like an arrancar your techniques, specifically Shunpo, will not.  If you're interested I might be able to teach you Sonido but I might also need to carry you if we're going to make it there in a few hours.  While we're on the sands beyond this point we also need to be careful with what we say or the guardian, Runuganga, could overhear."

He raised an eyebrow as Irisa went to a knee.  "It could be the spacial distortion the building has...its larger inside the building than one would think." He hadn't spent all that much time in the building but he knew a little.  With the amount of forces the Hollow Queen had at her disposal, he didn't think it was possible to keep them all in a single building without some sort of oddity.

"Shall we go?"

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 8, 2022 7:17:11 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

After a brief tale of having kissed a Quincy before - which was even more shocking and unlikely than anything that went on between him and Irisa - Nezuel continued by offering some advice about her act in Hueco Mundo. Though she may appear like an Arrancar now, the techniques she uses are still Shinigami-like - this includes Shunpo, which is distinctly different from an Arrancar's Sonido. Quite clever of Nezuel to notice - Irisa nodded in recognition, and answered:

"That's true," Of course, he then immediately followed it up by offering to carry her to the palace, so... After a brief "Tsk", the woman continued. "As funny as being carried around sounds, it's just going to draw attention to us. Everyone will be asking why this tiny Arrancar is carrying another... We have time, so if we have to, we can approach the fortress on foot, at a normal pace."

Nezuel also stated his own theories on what Irisa might have felt, describing it as spiritual distortion, cast upon by the Las Noches fortress. Irisa chose to hold onto her experience - perhaps it really wasn't much, and she was just imagining things. However, such an approach was unscientific - it gave only more reasons to investigate the anomaly of Las Noches.

The Shinigami nodded. "I'm ready. Let's go."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 8, 2022 16:46:24 GMT -5

"Not necessarily, it could simply be another case of me bringing a new arrancar to Las Noches" Nez would say with a shrug before he nodded at Irisa's affirmation.  With that the arrancar began to run at a steady pace, the downward motion of the sand dune they were on making the climb down treacherous footing wise and anytime they needed to move up a dune a far slower pace.  Luckily the pair of them were positioned opposite the natural direction of the wind so as soon as they got down their first dune, and besides some stragglers, most of the time they spent moving strait while avoiding the sides of other dunes.

About an hour passed this way, the large looming shape of Las Noches not changing in the slightest despite the miles they had put behind them.  Tendo had sad two to three hours and although Nez liked to think of himself as an optimist he knew that with his luck it was far more likely that Irisa had already spent half her time in that new form.

"We're not making enough time." Nez would say, stopping on the sand and letting out a breath.  "We need to go faster, perhaps you could..." he would trail off as he heard the sound of sand shifting around them.  His eyes would glance to Irisa, holding up a hand if it looked like she was going to say anything at the moment.  Narrowing his eyes Nez would turn, taking a step back and bowing at his waist, glancing over at Irisa in a very 'follow my motions' gesture.

"I greet you, Caballero Runiganga" Nez would say, not raising his head.

"And I you, Privaron Espada 666 Nezuel, be welcome in the realm of Her Majesty."

With that Nezuel would lift his gaze from the floor, putting a hand on Irisa's back.

"Calballero, I bid you greet the newest member of court, newly sired. Números Trueno"

"Aye, I welcome him, but he is not numbered yet Privaron.  Perhaps an ill crop can still sow good grain, eh?"

With a pat Nez would slightly pull Irisa up, letting her see the large hollow infront of them, a Large Hollow that seemed to fit no classification that shinigami typically gave hollows.  Standing as large as a gillian yet not covered in bones like an adjuchas...and the size was defiantly not that of a Vasto Lorde.  "Just as you say, honored one."

The giant looked down at them.  "I heard you need to make time to Her Majesty's court...praytell why?"

Nez's eyes narrowed.  "It has been overlong since I've come to court and I have regained strength...I was hoping it might be possible to reclaim a place for myself." The lie came easy, the best ones always contained some measure of truth.  Would Irisa pick up on the disrespect the hollow showed him or the meaning of the words, would she even care.

"I could hasten your journey, if you wish?"

Nez scowled "Price?"  It was simple, there was always a price for his kind.

"Your other progeny, I desire to see them, send them to me and I will speed up your journey, leave you and your new toy unmolested."

Nez's eyes immediately moved to Irisa, looking up and down her body as if he could see the time she had left until the disguise was taken away.  She had arranged her own disguise and although it was somewhat limited in its time...it was far better than his backup plan.  "Very well, I will send them to you."

Sand shifted as the large hollow nodded.  "Be swift Privaron, Her Majesty holds court even now, some upstart Duque of the Lakelands petitioning her for an end of conflict between him and another."

"But tha-"

"I know, he is a fool."

The arrancar would shut his mouth as the sand around the two of them began to move of its own accord, forming a small platform for them to stand on...then it started to speed towards Las Noches.  Nez stayed silent, looking ahead at the large building, seeing it grow closer in a minute than their hour had.  He hadn't wished to meet Runuganga, the prick...but he had and Irisa now knew much more about him than he wished her to.  This wasn't going to be easy.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 10, 2022 3:58:13 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

Las Noches was massive - making their way on foot wasted quite a bit more time than Irisa anticipated. She didn't expect to require a lot of it when inside the fortress itself, sure, but she would still prefer to have a healthy time window before her disguise fades. Appearing as a Shinigami to the heart of Hueco Mundo would make her mission... somewhat complicated.

Thankfully, as if by divine intervention, Irisa and Nezuel were saved from their predicament by the timely appearance of a guardian Hollow - a creature seemingly made of the same gray sands that composed the dimension, whose nature immediately drew Irisa's attention. Such Hollows were likely only native to Hueco Mundo and its hostile atmosphere, and did not venture to the World of the Living - it did not fit in the "classic" Hollow classification. Irisa did her best to avoid expressing her curiosity, however, and merely watched the scene with her hands folded behind her back.

Nezuel's story was that he brought a new progeny to the court in Las Noches and wished to reclaim a place for himself with his newfound powers, which was convincing enough to the Hollow guardian. Whether it was actually true, or whether the Arrancar was merely weaving a fairytale, Irisa didn't find herself to be in good position to judge. Nezuel has certainly grown more powerful than before, and was not spoken of with much respect by Runiganga - but, as far as she's been aware, he only became an Arrancar very recently, so would he really have the time to get demoted and banished in such a short time? Perhaps she'll learn as they go.

Ultimately, the Hollow lended them a whirl of sand, picking them up and carrying them across the skies. Only then did Irisa finally speak up:

"...you told him I am your progeny?" That's what she gathered from their conversation, at least. "an ill crop can still sow good grain", et al. Briefly snickering and making a pause to let Nezuel answer, Irisa looked down at her hand and continued:

"Once we are inside Las Noches, it shouldn't take too long... but just in case my disguise fails while we are still inside the fortress, make sure to immediately come close to me. My plan B might be a little... painful, but it should rescue us both safely."