Bleach Hereafter RPG

Journey to the Unknown

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 10, 2022 16:58:14 GMT -5

"Yes" Nezuel would say, his usual cheerful and somewhat flirty tone flattened to a monotone.  "Números have a tattoo of a number on their body, it is placed by the Queen."  Nezuel didn't seem the acknowledge that he had heard Irisa at all, her plan B for the both of them.  His mind was still stuck in the past, recalling the red and white spires inside the outer walls of Hueco Mundo, the hollows cheering then booing his name.  The degregation he had suffered here, continued to suffer here.  For some reason he couldn't explain, as the two of them entered into Las Noches, his thoughts turned to the small hope he had had inside him that Irisa might actually care, question him about it.  Equal parts fear and hope, hand in hand companions of hell.  If ever there was a time to betray her, shout for the Exequias to take this disguised enemy away...it would be now. Yet as the sand took them under the walls and back inside, coming up on the inner plane where sun shone down on normal colored sand...he kept his mouth shut.

The two continued within the dome, passing by large red pillars slanted and white pillars that stood up to the sky.  Every now and then a building made of sand would show, small black windows into the building beyond.  Even more odd were the varies palaces, for their size betrayed them, that dotted the area at a seemingly random manner.  The homes of the Espada, each suited to their own design.  But before long the two of them came across the seat of power within Hueco Mundo, the Queen's palace.  Like all things within Las Noches it moved on the sands...yet their guide was the sand itself.

With almost perfect timing, Nezuel stepped off of the sand plateau and onto the smooth white stone.  Aside the large door were two guards of Las Noches, the Exequias.  With a nod at them Nezuel would indicate Irisa. 

"Another Números to join the Queen's service."

"We admit the new one into the court, but you will have to stay behind."

Nez would look behind at the disguised shinigami.  "I created him, I have a right to witness him become a full member."

The two arrancar looked at Irisa, trying to find some sort of confirmation from her.  "Very well."

The large gate between the arrancar opened, allowed the two of them enterance.

The throne room was large, tinted a blue color from various lights in the walls.  Arrayed around the room were various hollows, mostly arrancar, one or two Vasto Lordes, and an Adjuchas in the form of a large winged bat at the center.  It was groveling, pleading with a figure high above it, seated on a chair atop a large white cube.

"What is this we wonder?" A voice rang out  "Another to join the legion?"

Nezuel dropped to a knee, eyes looking at the ground.

"My Queen, another arrancar made by my hand to join your service."

"M-My queen" the Adjuchas started " I havn-"

Noone saw it, not Nezuel with his head down, not the Vaso Lordes with their massive power, not even Irisa if she had been looking at the hollow duke.  But between one momment and another he simply ceased to exist.  There was no show, no rush of power, just emptiness where at one time there had been a being far stronger than Nezuel or even possibly Irisa.

"Approach, while a broken toy might be no fun you at least seem to be able to please us with the progeny you make.  Your first has given us great joy."

"Bow and walk forward," Nezuel hissed to the pavement.  "She will touch you and bestow upon you a number...if you allow it."

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 11, 2022 10:41:31 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

Called forth to approach the Hollow Queen herself, Irisa could tell from the beginning that this was a really bad idea. Right as Nezuel returned to her and instructed her to bow and walk forward, she went down to her knees and kowtowed - while, at the same time, whispering to him:

"When I said "close", I didn't mean this close..!"

But, there was no going back, and so Irisa had to rapidly think of a plan, how to both save her skin and to accomplish the mission she had set out to do here. If Nezuel were to squint, he might notice that as "Trueno" rose back to his feet and slowly walked towards the Hollow Queen, with hands folded behind his back, one of his fingers was twiddling, drawing a small circle in the air, over and over. The Reiatsu behind the Kido spell being cast was being concealed so incredibly well that it went unnoticed a mere few steps away from her.

The Queen was bored. It was one of those days that nothing truly exciting was taking place across anywhere in Hueco Mundo. Even frying an Adjucha for speaking out of turn only excited her for a brief instant, before the same dull monotone receded over Las Noches. At first glance, it did not seem like Nezuel and his progeny were going to provide anything interesting, either. Perhaps she could make the little Arrancar dance like a puppet, if this progeny doesn't show any potential. That could be amusing.

As "Trueno" approached, however, her glare at the man... changed. Briefly, the Hollow Queen squinted. This couldn't be right, could it? This wasn't a real Arrancar.

"Hm..." she briefly murmured, raising her cheek off her hand and staring at Irisa straight - then, having suddenly realized what was taking place, she rose to her feet. Fighting against all instincts to fight or flight, Irisa stopped in place, knowing that any wrong movements could get her plastered across the nearest wall. "Whaat are you doing here?"

The Queen booped "Trueno" on the nose - the guise shattered instantly, and Irisa's Arrancar form dissolved, revealing the short blonde Shinigami, to the shock, terror and fury of the entire Hollow court. Weapons were being drawn one after another, suppressed Reiatsu wells were being released, so dense that it was getting sickening.

For a second, Irisa stood there, dumbfounded. "Um..."
Last Edit: Aug 11, 2022 11:45:21 GMT -5 by Hequita

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 11, 2022 14:30:00 GMT -5

Nezuel stifled what was both a mental sigh and laugh at the same time.  She had asked for him to get her as close to the Hollow Queen as possible,, that she didn't expect him to be able to get the Queen to touch Irisa told him a simple fact...she didn't think that highly of him.  That was, in all honesty, fair.  Everyone he had met had warned him against Irisa and her ways, how she would outsmart him and manipulate him.  Perhaps she might think this was payback for not allowing him a kiss those few days ago but the arrancar wasn't so petty for a show of affection denied.  Perhaps this was him betraying her...but he actually enjoyed her company, even if she didn't his.  No, when he had given her his help he had set about doing so the best way that he could.  This situation was the result of Irisa not believing in Nezuel, of underestimating him.  Perhaps she might not do so again.

As the disguise was dropped, popped, more being more fitting a word,  Nezuel's face promptly met its appointment with the floor.  Multiple beings with many times his own strength showing outrage at this sworn enemy in the middle of their leader's court.  It was the best that he could do to look up and take a breath, air thick with hollow power.  Then there was a flash on empty blacklight, the feeling of a garganta opening and Nezuel was by Irisa, still flattened to the ground. 

Perhaps, if Irisa could tear her eyes from the Queen she would realize it was a combination of Descorrer and Kido.

"Forgiveness my queen." Nezuel would struggle to say as his fingers reached out for Irisa's shoes. He paused as he realized he was still alive, no, still in existence, after speaking out of turn.  "This shinigami wish to meet Your Majesty...I thought she could provide...entertaining.  But no guards would allow one such as her to pass."

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 13, 2022 16:04:04 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

The air was sickeningly thick with Hollow Reiatsu. Numerous unbelievably powerful Arrancar, several of the Queen's Exequias, and even a few of the Espada were present, each one immediately going on guard at the sight of a Shinigami in the heart of Las Noches. Weaker Hollows and Arrancar immediately began to struggle against the pressure, and the more of them activated their auras, the more of the weaklings would collapse to the floor, some even unconscious.

Irisa remained standing, staring at the devilishly smirking Hollow Queen in shock, and only snapped out of it when Nezuel's voice suddenly reached her from the side. The little Arrancar was on the floor, crushed by the weight of the surrounding pressures, and yet managed to somehow pull himself to her side and forced out a story to try to cover for Irisa. The mention of entertainment briefly caught the Queen's attention, and she turned her eyes to the Shinigami, awaiting her explanation.

Against all odds, knowing that he was just as likely to get erased as that Adjucha a moment ago, Nezuel still covered for her, granting her an opportunity. For a Hollow, an inherently selfish race, that was quite brave. Irisa immediately took the opportunity and began with as much confidence as she could muster:

"I apologize for the intrusion, all-powerful ruler of the Hollows. My name is Irisa Ishiwara, and I am an unseated member of the First Division," Irisa would then make a bow. Quickly, her mind started crafting a believable story for her presence here. "My Captain has sent me here to gauge just how powerful your legions have gotten, and so I would like to offer you a challenge. If I, a common Shinigami, can defeat your strongest selected warriors, then you will allow me and Nezuel to depart without any harm."

All this time, Irisa worked off the assumption that the Hollow Queen would be childish and easy to attract with promises of bouts and challenges. For a second, however, it didn't seem like that was the case. The blue, multi-armed empress of Hueco Mundo stared at Irisa with a frown, her eyes boring into the Shinigami's soul. "...You have a lot of nerve breaking into Las Noches itself, where I have eyes and ears everywhere, approach me directly, and demand me a duel with my strongest warriors."

After a pause, she struck an impish smile. "...I like that. You're brave." Murmurs broke out among the Hollow court assembled in the Hall - even if extremely muted. The Queen's decision was shocking and unexpected, and yet, none would dare to question her supreme authority.

She raised her hand and lifted its index finger. Chains would suddenly snap on Nezuel's arms and legs, forged out of the Queen's own Reiatsu and seeking to restrain him. The area around them suddenly changed. The hall stretched to the sides and a massive arena spawned in the center, Irisa stood there alone, while the hundreds of assembled Hollows became spectators, watching the ring from everywhich side.

It was the Negal Arena, generally reserved for challenges for Espada ranks.

"I will accept your challenge, Irisa Ishiwara. If you have come here to prove that Soul Society remains mightier than my Legions, then I shall grant you the opportunity," the Hollow Queen announced from her section - there, watching the arena from her throne, she was surrounded by the Exequias, Espada. Nezuel, once chained, would be held there as well. "But, if you lose, then you shall never escape Las Noches - your soul will be tortured here forever, and your traitor friend will be executed at once."

Irisa stood in the center of the arena, staring at the expanse above - the hundreds of judging eyes, watching her and waiting to see what spurred this Shinigami's confidence. Briefly considering the possible consequences and taking a breath to calm herself down, Irisa exclaimed:

"I accept these terms!"

"Primera, send the strongest of your Fracciónes."

The Primera Espada, Nakis Pardina, rose to his feet as soon as he heard his Queen's call. He had been watching the scene between Nezuel, Irisa and the Queen with a disinterested expression, and this hardly made him show more enthusiasm. He stepped forward in the Queen's lounge and raised his hand without a single word, immediately ordering several of his strongest subordinates to the ring.

One Arrancar leapt onto the ring, followed by a second, third and fourth. Brandishing their Zanpakutos, they surrounded Irisa from all four cardinal directions, each one keeping their distance for now, but waiting for any moment to strike.

Nakis briefly sighed. "Tell me, whelp..." he muttered and turned to Nezuel. "...how confident are you in her?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 13, 2022 18:09:01 GMT -5

The jingle of chains, the feeling of cold iron on flesh.  Nezuel wasn't dead, which was an improvement...but neither was he free.  He supposed that wasn't an improvement either...was he ever truly free when he served under the Queen of the hollows and her retinue?  Why was he thinking of such things when his life was on the line, when his very being depended on a shinigami who didn't care for him but as a means to get to where they were now.  Something had gone wrong with her plan, obviously, she had told him to stay near her but now...in this area, they were apart.  Perhaps this was all still apart of her plan, the small circles of kido she had made before approaching the Queen a complex illusion or some such but...would such a thing truly fool the Queen...or perhaps she'd play along?

He had hope, in Irisa saving herself if nothing else, but for himself there was none.  Irisa had made her claim, the Queen had accepted it.  Should she lose, he was dead, executed as an example.  Truly Irisa would have the worst of it and if he were to die anyway then he might as well save her the torture by killing her before any others could.  Even if she won...somehow, he'd still be ostracized, this act of betrayal remembered by the court should the impossible pardon come from the Queen herself.  He was doomed...it was a question of how many souls he'd bring down with him.

He had no idea of Irisa could handle the four arrancar before her.  As he sat on his knees, head bent, he looked at the fraccions.  Their espada, the primera, had asked him how confident in her he was.  Did he know something, or was he simply looking for something to fill the tiedium of the day?  The fraccions were strong, they had to be, and stronger for being the right hand of the first espada.  Irisa was strong, stronger than him without trying it had seemed like.  He had been left half dead and she only the smallest of scratches to show for his efforts.  Besides that she had not been kowtowed by the spiritual pressure in the throne room...impressive.

Nez looked at the Primera, his red eyes meeting the Espada's own multiringed.  He didn't answer the espada, not directly.  Instead, he turned, chains rattling as rose as far as he could, as was allowed.  Then, shouting above the crowed out into the arena in a voice not wholly his own,  "Irisa-san!  Kick their asses!"

Perhaps he'd sign his death warrant regardless of the outcome with that...but he looked at the Espada, giving him a nod...then looked back at the area.  If this was going to be his death he might as well watch the effort it took to do it.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 14, 2022 14:53:53 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

Nezuel's sudden encouraging yell drowned out the chatter in the rest of the Arena, if briefly, and got the attention of numerous Arrancar and Hollows, even the Queen herself. Seeing his question be answered with such confidence, Nakis did not bother pressing the Privaron any further - he folded his arms and turned to the arena. A few of his Fracciones arrived next to him, standing guard.

Across the rest of the Arena, the encouragement to Irisa was followed with even more yells and howling. Seeing one of their kin encourage a Shinigami, the sworn enemy of Las Noches, got dozens to shout demands of beating her to a pulp and eviscerating her. Nakis' Fracciones briefly enjoyed the scene, before turning their attention back towards the diminutive Shinigami.

"Well, guess we can't put this off any longer. Time to beat down a little girl," one of the Fracciones, with golden hair and a rogue's hat, commented as she twirled the Zanpakuto in her hand. Her comrade with a gray slitted mask immediately interjected:

"Don't drop your guard down, however. The Shinigami are conniving and mischievous. She might be a portal for her superiors to travel to this dimension and surprise us."

"An unseated Shinigami?" the other Fraccion, with a robotic-like appearance, shot down his ally. "Those do not have the brain or guts for such strategies. We have killed Shinigami goons by the dozens, they are fragile. Pathetic, even."

"Yeah..." Irisa muttered, putting the conversation between the Arrancar to a pause. She reached behind her back, slowly pulling out her Nodachi and resting it in her hands. Much like she had guessed, these Fracciones could put even seated Shinigami to shame. The most powerful underlings of the most powerful Espada, they could individually give a Vice-Captain some serious trouble. "It's terrifying, for a lowly Shinigami, to meet one like you. Academies cannot possibly prepare you for a duel against the most elite of the elite of Las Noches... I would know. My first duel against the likes of you, so many centuries ago, might have been the last, had Sensei not convinced me to remain a Shinigami."

Though the Fracciones surrounding her were more confused by her speech than anything, it didn't really matter to her, and she struck a smirk. "But that's in the past, and bygones are bygones. I've found peace with myself, and through this peace, I've found the strength I thought I'd never achieve. You... are the unlucky crew who will get to experience it."

"What is she-"

In one, sudden motion, Irisa raised her Zanpakuto upwards. "BANKAI!"

An enormous burst of Reiatsu crashed down like a thunder upon the Arena, forcing each of the four Fracciones back and bringing the spectators to complete silence. It caught Nakis' and even the Queen's attention, while the average Arrancar and Hollows were taken aback by the shocking, enormous release of power.

The Reiatsu burst settled, revealing Irisa's new, more ominous appearance. Her Zanpakuto, formerly a nodachi, assumed its true appearance - a witch's broom, held confidently with one hand. Her Shinigami uniform was replaced with a black dress, the hat omnipresent on her head no matter where she'd go was replaced with a sharp leather hat, no longer resembling a witch's apparel. A cloak ran from her shoulders, black leather from behind, partially transparent Reiatsu from the front, leaving a constant trail of particles around her.

"That pow-" the white-masked Fraccion was the first to begin speaking, and so the first to invite the released Irisa's offensive. Faster than even he could react, the Shinigami appeared in front of him with the butt end of the broom already struck into his chest. Hundreds of phantom strikes would follow, barraging the Arrancar and blasting him to the very corner of the arena.

"Heart Sigil: Shihobarai," Irisa invoked the name of her Bankai, and lowered her weapon, turning her eyes to the other three Arrancars. Having realized they were not dealing with the average Shinigami anymore, each of them began going all-out, activating their Resurreccions and so ditching their weapons. Yet again, bursts of Reiatsu roared to life around the battlefield - however, they did not frighten Irisa much. Colorful orbs of energy sprung to life around her, each one carrying stored Kido spells and ready to fire.

Infuriated by the Shinigami and her traitor friend's intrasingience at first, the Arrancars watching were growing excited for the fight - today was a slow court in the Queen's court and this battle was sure to provide some excellent entertainment. The Queen herself, though concerned at the fate of her Arena with so much power being thrown around, shared their sentiment, briefly giggling, folding her hands and awaiting any other techniques of interest this mysterious Shinigami could bring to the table.

Only Nakis did not seem to be enjoying himself. He and the rest of his Fracciones were still standing next to Nezuel, and, silently, the Espada's underlings would begin charging Ceros in front of their fingertips, clearly aimed at the ring.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 14, 2022 15:50:28 GMT -5

He found it odd, even now when he was going to die, that he still felt elation at finding out more about the shinigami that had brought him into so much trouble.  She had fought against arrancar long ago...a fact that she hadn't shared with him.  But then again why would she have, what right did he have to such information if she hadn't asked.  She'd fought him, a spar of course, but her movements and their fight had been a farce.  She knew his moves, the moves of a newborn arrancar, more than he did.  Perhaps he should have understood then but he hadn't, perhaps he would now if he continued after this.

Hope did bloom in him as Irisa showed her trump card, the secret he knew had to be somewhere, something.  She was far stronger than he had thought but in truth...a bankai.  An ability spoken of in fear within Hueco Mundo, in anticipation by those who fought and sought battle.  It was a shinigami's highest power, strongest strength.  He'd had wished to fight one someday just to see what it was like and now he knew a shinigami that knew one.  He wondered if she would destroy him if he revealed that information, if she remember to be unseated yet to have her power known like that...the leak of information possible by an enemy.

She had taken out one quickly, bringing the fight into a more even stalemate...yet for the power her abilities granted her she was still outnumbered and an arrancars ressurecions were comparable to a shinigami's bankai in most regards.  That was his thoughts before, of course, he heard the not sound of ceros being readied.  His eyes widened as he realized the light reflected off of him, red orbs moving to the Queen who didn't seem to care if she even noticed.

They were doomed.

His head hit the stone floor and he began to shake, mumbling something to the ground, a prayer?  Slowly he rocked, the chains making noise dwarfed by the ceros and shouts.  "Holding them, binding them, breaking them. Bakudou 41 Kyomon" The invisible wall formed infront of two of the fractions, blocking their cero attacks, the kido sending part of the attack back at them.  The third and fourth ones Nezuel used his momentum from his rocking to shoot to his feet and use his shoulders to divert their aim towards the other arrancars on the stage...but one had seen his move coming and stepped to the side, cero releasing towards the distracted shinigami...right towards her back.

"The things I do..." Nez would say, letting the arrancar whose aim he had steered push him forward towards the railing and into the arms of the cero as it blasted him across the back.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 16, 2022 12:25:19 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

(Purification of the Four Directions)

The three remaining Arrancar launched themselves at Irisa, each one unleashing their own unique powers - bursts of electricity, whips or fire, or simply enormous physical strength. The battle began on seemingly equal ground at first - Irisa would step back, blocking any incoming attacks with the broom in her hand, and unleash a salvo of spells from her floating orbs. Such a dance continued for a few rounds across the battlefield. From an outsider's perspective, it might even seem like Irisa was on the back foot - she had to back away from the Fracciones, only engaging them in brief clashes before leaping back and casting another spell. A trained eye would quickly tell that this was not the case, however. She was hardly exerting herself, which was not what could be said about her opponents.

Very quickly, in a matter of seconds, their movements began to slow. Several poisons and internal wounds seeped across their bloodstreams, their souls themselves were being eroded at by Kido that ate into their very being, sapping their strength and their will to fight. What was worse, however, was that this shift was completely insidious. All those weak blasts of Reishi that the Arrancars deflected away were far more than diversions...

"She's got a lot of power, but I'm guessing she's very fragile with how she keeps running away... How long... have we been fighting, now? Feels like we've been chasing after her the whole day..." the muscular, glass-wearing Arrancar gushed out, in between heavy breaths, firing off a Cero at Irisa, only to have it be deflected to the side by a broom slap.

"I think... it's still been less than a minute..." his comrade, the blonde lady, answered him, getting him to yell:

"What?!" Furious, he roared, letting out a Reishi burst, and charged right at Irisa with full force. "That's bullshit!"

This time, Irisa remained standing in place, and moved to a simple defensive posture. He's been weakened enough. One of the star orbs surrounding her began to glow, casting one of the most powerful Kido spells she had stored in advance. Time itself began to slow, before coming to a full halt for everyone except for Irisa - and moments before the massive charging Arrancar crashed into her. So, she thrust her broom forward, and struck.

From the perspective of the arena, it would seem like the Fraccion suddenly halted, barraged by a thousand strikes that came out of nowhere, and then collapsed to the ground, lifeless. And Irisa did not even need to move an inch to take him down.

With a faint smirk, she rest her broom on her shoulder, then glanced over to the remaining trio. The robotic-looking Fraccion was to first to get the hint that maaaybe they bit more than they can chew, weakly stepping back and dropping his guard. Irisa's eyes focused on him.

"Don't get the wrong idea, I hate doing this. The more I read into the knowledge of Soul Society, mundane or obscure, acceptable or forbidden, the more I learned to cherish the simple life I lived in the past. I want to be the harmless academy teacher, a sensei to a generation of Shinigami better than her, in awe at the accomplishments of her students... I don't want to be the one who goes out and fights her pupils' battles. This is the first time I've had to use my Bankai in... many years, and even then, it is my last resort."

"That's... that's cowardly of you..." the stone-faced Arrancar gushed out, with a slightly trembling voice. This got Irisa to turn straight to him, staring him down with a blank expression. "To be afraid of using your strength... and yet you came here claiming to be a superior warrior to us?"

Around this time, to Irisa's ignorance, the remaining Fracciones of the Primera Espada began charging their Ceros, ready to surprise her with an attack she would have no time to avoid, and so fry her in the middle of battle. The Shinigami herself was focused on something else.

Suddenly, the Arrancar in front of her clutched to his heart and collapsed to his knee, surprising not only the audience, but his remaining comrades.

"Heart Sigil, my Zanpakuto, grants me the ability to store Kido spells in orbs around my body, preparing them for future use and ensuring I come prepared for any battle," Irisa began explaining with a blank stare, watching the Arrancar grunt and yell in pain. "Shihobarai, Purification of the Four Directions, allows me to do that too... but goes a step beyond. Kido, in a way, is merely a specific configuration of Reishi particles, accomplishing some purpose... and my Bankai allows me store my Reishi anywhere. Even breach your skin and enter your body, against your will. And the truth about bodies is that they're weak, frail. Store too much Reishi in them, without giving it a path to vent out... and you will be burned from the inside out."

Right on cue, light was starting to filter out from inside of the Arrancar's body, through his mouth, eyes and pores.

"In brief. I can induce your death. In a way that you can't even fight against. That is what I'm afraid of. That is why I want to be a mere, ordinary, friendly Kido teacher. Because I don't want to be someone known for doing this."

She did not get a chance to finish off her technique, however. Suddenly, her grip over the Fraccion ceased, and light stopped filtering from within his body. With shock, Irisa turned to the spectator lounges. Nezuel had made himself known, using a last resort spell to divert several Ceros from targeting her, and lunged right into the path of the last one, getting blasted by the powerful technique and falling down.

"Nez!" She yelled for her peer. The Queen was cheating? Briefly, Irisa considered calling this out, and demanding the match be paused, even though she immediately realized that this was going to be a fool's bargain. The Queen does whatever she wants in Las Noches, and if giving her warriors outside help amuses her, she wasn't going to back down from it. And yet, even then, it was already too late.

Because even a second of hesitation was enough for the remaining Fracciones to deal the blow they needed.

"DIE!" the blonde Arrancar cried out as soon as she got over the terror of witnessing Irisa's Bankai's signature technique, and swung down a summoned sword at the Shinigami.

It sliced right through her, rather brutally cleaving her torso in half, from the right shoulder to left hip.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 16, 2022 18:37:11 GMT -5

Nezuel was pushed against the railing of the arena as the cero hit him in the back. The attack burned him even as it caused massive damage to him.  A cero was an advanced technique used by hollows, something beyond what Nezuel could do.  The simple fact that the fraccions near him could all use them was a testament to the outclassed Nezuel was.  To try and stop two of them with a simple bakudo, how stupid was he.  Atleast Irisa was...Perhaps it was his mind being fuzzy from the damage he had received, the lack of blood as his body tried to repair itself...or the way his head throbbed from hitting the railing.  He was forced to watch her and the fight, the way he was caught in the railing...but looking at her and her bankai...it was a beautiful.  Besides the obvious costume change for her it was how her riatsu was...how the kido she used was second nature.

Then it all went wrong.

It was his fault, all of it.  The distraction due to the damage that had been caused.  She'd stop because of him...when he had though she would rather have just left him to die.  He was in shock, his brain coming up with a joke at an inopportune time...she had left him to die...just that, just now.  Left him...to die.  His fate was tied to hers and if he was going to die...as he knew he was...he was going to do it in style.

Nezuel found himself in a field, but not just any field...one he remembered well.  Around him, men and women screamed as the slowly slid down the poles they were impaled on, as they were carried by faceless soldiers to new poles that were just being laid.  Without the need to hear or see him he turned, laying eyes upon a figure that say on a throne of corpses.  There was a smile on his lips, a lopsided grin as Nezuel took the first step, second, bodies crunching under him until he stood equal to the now grinning man.  He spoke sparingly, to this man who he knew so well...to the one he hadn't spoken to in so long.  "What price?"

Back in Hueco Mundo Neuzel's hand moved to his neck, finding the necklace of thin bone that was there.  He moved it quickly, turning his head to the side as he plunged the sharp bone into his neck and caused a spray of blood onto the arena's inner walls.  He didn't say anything, not a word, as he slumped over and fell motionless.

It was a well known fact that arrancar seal their hollow powers into a zanpaktou.  The process that they break their mask almost akin to a self-imposed soul suicide.  They break down the walls of their souls and force what they were into a form familiar to them.  It is no surprise that most arracar choose a sword, a weapon, an espada.  Yet the truth was their zanpaktou could just be a regular sword, a weapon, and thei powers sealed somewhere else.

The arena had stilled, the combat ending within a moment's breath with the death of the traitor.  The Queen had been denied her torture, and many had assumed that any such pleasantries would be repaid upon the arrancar traitor.  Every Hollow was no doubt thinking one thing...that The Queen would not be happy.  Yet as the blood seeped into the sands below it started to move...every eye on the Queen not noticing. 

"Despertar Sangre"

Then there was a figure within the ring standing over Irisa's body.  "Y'know" it said, a low deep voice taking on a cocky tone.  "Looking at you lying on the ground like that I never saw what 'Little Nezzy' liked in you." It moves a red sword of blood and moves her uniform just a little, right where the blade cut.  "Then again I suppose you do have some great tits and you did manipulate him with em"  The figure looks around him at the three arrancar.  "Uh oh!" it says in a mocking tone.  "Was I interrupting your little gangbang?"  He skips to the side.  "Please do continue," he holds up a finger "Ah...but one little thing...you're going to be the ones getting fucked!"  he turns to the arena side, looks up the trail of blood.  "Hey sleepyhead, wake up, I can't do this on an empty stomach and I don't think you want me to eat your girlfriend, no, good!"

Up on the arena balcony, the Queen's chains jingle where Nezuel once stood.  Where there was once a body there instead is the impression of one made of red and black and eyes, so many eyes.  A smile forms somewhere on the body as four of the eyes focus on the four fraccions.  Three of them are run through as spears of blood erupt from the shadow, the other dodges...but into the trap.  Some of Nezuel's blood from the cero lies where he moves and it stirs.  The arrancar is lifted off the ground as a spear impales the fraccion from head to bottom.  It continues to grow, lifting him higher and higher as it causes him more and more pain.  He should be dead...but he continues to scream.

The blood seems to pulse as it absorbs the pain and suffering it caused, blood flowing from the spears, to the figure, down into the arena.  "Thank you!" The man says in a sing along fashion before spreading his arms to the others.  "Now heres the thing, the baby over there" he points at the railing.  "Can't come down to play, so he asked me, a real fucking arrancar, to do it for him."  As he spoke, the blood started to move, surrounding the arena.  "But with so many people around I can't help but get a little bit of performance anxiety." he points at one of the arrancars  "You know what I'm talking about!  That and I've been on ice for a while sooooooooo..." The blood rose, cutting off the view from the area.  "This is going to be a private show~"

Eyes opened inside the dome of blood, looking around ecstatically.    "So just pay the quarter and maybe you'll get to see all my moves."  The eyes flared as small red balls began to form, ceros...al ot of ceros.  The figure waved at the arracar as he turned into an silloutte of himself made of blood...and then the ceros fired.
Last Edit: Aug 16, 2022 18:38:34 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 18, 2022 13:50:56 GMT -5

Witnessing the execution of Irisa on the stage, the Primera Espada folded his arms behind his back, sighed and turned towards his Queen. "My apologies, my Queen, it appears that my Fracciones did not comprehend the full extent of their power," he explained, searching for a way to reason how this Bankai-wielding Shinigami was slain in one blow. That did not quite make sense to him, and while Nakis did suspect that something was amiss, he did not have enough proof to be certain of what happened for sure.

He expected the Queen to be furious, for the death of a Shinigami she was expecting to turn into a vessel for torture. Perhaps he would not receive an execution for this, but his underlings would certainly have to answer for going too far. To Nakis' surprise, however, the Hollow Queen did not seem affected.

Her hands were still folded together, and she was watching the arena intently. Once addressed, she briefly glanced towards her strongest Espada, smirked, and answered:

"Oh, the battle is not over, little boy. Wait and see."

The Fracciones in the arena, meanwhile, were witnessing the appearance of something... worrying. Irisa's apparent death sparked something in Nezuel, and a figure arose from the blood stained sand, bearing a Reiatsu similar to the Arrancar, yet seemingly more powerful. After deriding the corpse at its feet, the creature turned to the other Arrancars - it was yearning for battle, apparently using the original Nezuel as a remote vessel, summoned by him. A burst of unbelievable destruction followed. Spears of blood constructs fired, easily cutting down the Fracciones and tearing them apart - even dodging the attacks and trying to escape wasn't going to help, a construct of blood trapped the fleeing blonde woman and spears cut her apart with ease.

Not content with just eliminating the Fracciones, the creature turned to the rest of the arena, unleashing a Cero salvo which struck the lounges of the spectators, forcing the numerous Hollows to step back, or activate their own transformations. A dome summoned around the arena made sure that no one was able to just escape, aside from teleportation - not uncommon among the Arrancar ranks, but also not universal

"Eheh, what a beautiful show!" The Hollow Queen was ecstatic - it was rare for her to witness an Arrancar once deemed worthless reveal the full extent of their powers. The pleasant surprise even got her to extend a brief kindness to Nezuel - at the flick of her fingers, the restraints on his limbs snapped off and disintegrated, setting him free. After the initial amusement, her face soured again. "Nakis, kill the traitor."

The Espada did not say anything, merely leapt down to the arena, past the whizzing Cero blasts which were tearing through the spectators. One of the Ceros actually almost struck him in the shoulder, only to instantly whizzle to nothingness from Nakis' Reiatsu pressure alone.

"I should inform you that the Queen doesn't like it when her property is being destroyed," the Espada spoke in a calm, emotionless voice, then clenched his fist - with a single Reishi burst, the blood dome surrounding the arena cracked and broke apart. And that was before Nakis had even drawn his Zanpakuto - to no one's surprise, the greatest of the Espada was an unbelievably powerful force. And he was about to put that force to full use.

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

Everything suddenly took a tint of gray. The numerous Hollows and Arrancars froze in place, even the Espada was still locked in the same fist-clenching stance he made when breaking the blood construct dome apart. It was a time stop technique, and though it could only last a few seconds, it was more than enough to bring an end to the fight.

Someone swiped Nezuel by the collar, and grabbed the creature spawned from his blood, as well. With both of them in tow, it vanished into nothingness, before finally allowing time to pass as normal again.

In the blink of an eye, the arena within Las Noches was replaced by a pleasant, colorful meadow somewhere in the World of the Living, where the Arrancar would immediately be released to.

"...so, then," Irisa's voice suddenly called out from behind Nez and the creature, she was still in her Bankai, and in one piece. "Mind explaining to me what you were saying about me back there?"
Last Edit: Aug 18, 2022 13:55:31 GMT -5 by Hequita

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 18, 2022 16:56:18 GMT -5

Several things happened in quite quick succesion.  Firstly, the shadowy visage of Nezuel would slowly start to disappear as the Queen released the restraints on him.  It seemed whatever the thing was that had still been under the queens power couldn't sustain itself and it slowly started to slump towards the dome in the arena.  Secondly the fraccions that it had impaled started to move with it, the one that had died starting to move as its veins seems to be infected by...something.  It moved a finger towards the Pirmera, a cero forming on its finger in almost the same stance as it had taken when attacking Irisa. And lastly, as the dome began to break, every single eye on it would turn to the primera, staggering and twitching before it focused.  More ceros began to form before it was destroyed but it did fall revealing what was inside.

Yet it was all for nothing it seemed, as soon as the released Nezuel turned to face the strongest arrancar within Hueco Mundo he found himself somewhere else.  He looked around as the small Nezuel that had remained disappeared into him, absorbed like the blood on his skin was being absorbed.

"You're alive, I'm alive" the deep cocky voice would say, hands moving across his body and patting himself.  "I love it when I pull that shit off."  He turned to the shinigami, putting his sword over his shoulder as he leaned forward at the woman.  "Well I think you heard me quite well." he'd laugh "Our little Nezzy was so starved for love and affection," his words dance up a few octaves as if he doesn't believe in the concept, "that all you did was to give him a kiss, some hope, and let him ogle you to get him on your side...pa-the-tic. I'm ashamed to share the same body as the guy, but it was well done."

He turned his back on the shinigami woman and stared to walk away.  "But then again his little heartbreaking did give him a reason to finally let me out so I suppose I should thank you.  Now, I don't know how long I've got so I think I've got some crusadin to do, some impalin thats overdue."  He stopped, going still.  "Then again I suppose you're going to try and stop me arn't you, protecting humans and all." 

His hand would shoot out as he grabbed at a small amount of blood that had leaked out of him, upon further inspection it almost looked like Nezuel holding a knife.  "Nuh uh...I know you don't like it but its for your own good!  Heartbreak will do you some good."  Nezuel closed his fist on the blood and the shape burst and fell back into him..then he disappeared, the sound of static accompanying sonido.

Then he reappeared infront of the shinigami, a blade of red blood descending strait towards Irisa's head.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 19, 2022 14:55:53 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

The fact that Nezuel cared so deeply about Irisa that he even broke through the limits of his power in grief of her may have been a little touching, if this wasn't what the Arrancar created in the aftermath. A loud-mouthed, cocky creature with venomous speech, lacking any filter while he described how she gaslit and manipulated him into working for her, and how humiliating, though effective it was.

If it had just walked away, Irisa may have just considered letting it go. For a little while, at least. The rest of the Gotei 13 would love hearing about an Arrancar they can purify, wandering in the World of the Living, after all. But her demeanor changed when the creature described his plans in detail. Having yearned to escape and take control for so long, now, it was not going to miss the opportunity for a rampage - the Arrancars and Hollows in Las Noches who got pulverized did not satiate his thirst, apparently, so he wanted to lash out against innocent humans, too.

So, that put him on an immediate track of conflict with her, and the creature knew that. While Irisa was still watching the speech he had concoted from the bottom of his heart, he summoned a blade from his own blood and swung down at the Shinigami. He's swung the first strike. Now, it was simple self-defense.

"I see, now," Irisa muttered. The index and middle fingers of her left hand suddenly caught the edge of the blade, holding it tightly. The strength with which she was clasping the weapon was comparable to a Shinigami Captain, if not more. "This friendship has led to more complications than I could have assumed from the beginning."

She sighed. A brief gust of wind picked up across the meadow. Several flower petals gently flew past them. Irisa's eyes suddenly locked straight at "Nezuel's".

"There are two ways we can resolve this, and as you are clearly now a free man, unbeholden to anyone, you have the freedom to choose," Irisa continued. Her tone changed to a cold-blooded monotone. "You can immediately surrender, return back to where you came from and allow Nezuel control over his body again, with no illusions, trickery or shenanigans. Or..." Since this creature clearly held Nezuel's memories, he must also be aware of what Irisa had been teaching the unfortunate Fracciones of the Primera Espada a minute prior to her "death". And he must still be able to tell that Irisa was still in her Bankai. "...I can inflict you with far more than just impaling and heartbreak. A thousand deaths, all at once, with a technique that ensures there is no afterlife, there is no paradise, no resurrection. You cease existing, but not after the worst torture imaginable."

"The choice is yours."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 19, 2022 17:33:05 GMT -5

Nezuel laughs, the blood sword disappearing and reforming in his hand as he skips a step away from Irisa.  "Well, look on the pair on you." he laughs.  "Maybe I can start to see something, but honestly." he starts to shake his head, a smile on his lips.  "You can't tell me that you're actually starting to care a little for that little wannabie shinigami." He leans forward, eyes looking right at Irisa.  "Don't act like you wouldn't have just killed me if I wasn't any other hollow." The smile widens to a frightening degree as he holds up a single finger.  "Which means....I have the advantage here."

Nezuel know that he was weaker that Irisa was now, her bankai providing her more power than he had at the moment.  He'd show considerable power, his full power, in the arena and that had been equal to her now...but with his other half fighting him, fighting for her he sneered, he was at half strength.  His attack shouldn't have been dodgable...but she had caught it...damn it.

"And as for your little riatsu trick." he waved a hand and blood started to spill from him like a fresh wound.  From that blood eyes formed, similar to before, but now mouths full of razor sharp teeth accompanied it.  If Irisa had attempted to fill him body with riatsu to burn him from the inside she'd find his body comprised of millions of souls.  The longer they stood there the clearer it became, bodies writing in the blood trying to claw their way out...most enthusiastic amongst them was the fraccion he had killed.  Then there was the sound like air being released, each mouth opening to expel dark hollow riatsu into the air, the power each of those beings had absorbed separately and collectively to him.

"So you see...you're not going to stop me." he held out a hand, cero starting to charge on a finger outstretch fingertip.  "Bye byeeeee~"

There was a movement on his arm, a single blood red arm moving down it.  It the moment between when he fired the cero and his elbow bent, wrist turned, finger pointed at his own head...there was a slight realization.  Every being in his was drawing in riatsu, he had control over all of them every single one...except the one that mattered.

An explosion rocked the human world as the arrancar was thrown back, half of his face missing from the force of his own cero.  He pawed at his chest, coughing blood as that red hand lifted the blood black dagger that he had batted away momments before.  "This...isn't....ov-" the blade sunk down into his chest and his last words were lost.  Then, within the span of a few seconds, the blood around the arracar, attached to him like a shadow, started to constrict back into him.

Something fell to the ground as Nezuel's body disappeared, a small cross made of bone.  It sat there for a few seconds before it started to ooze red slowly but steadily...until that cross hung around the neck of a small boy wearing white.  He lay on the ground not a few feet where he had just attempted to kill someone he cared about.  He didn't bother getting up, or trying...simply raised his hand to cover his eyes, the tears that started to form there.

"I'm...sorry." he'd say, out towards the shinigami that had saved him.  His tone isn't embarrassment, or sadness...but the weight or someone whose secret had been let out, like an addict that you know would eventually return to their fix despite their promises.  "I'm sorry, Irisa."

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Aug 21, 2022 9:37:05 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

The threat of death inducement did not appear to frighten the transformation that had taken over Nezuel - he was certain that his own abilities and the thousands of souls stored in his body would be able to cancel the technique. In fact, he was confident enough that victory appeared certain to him. He will take the body of this poor Arrancar, and wield it to defeat a Bankai.

Irisa sighed, and lowered the hand with which she had caught the sword of blood moments prior. She couldn't lie - the Resurreccion was definitely powerful. It put Nezuel in a far different league from what he originally was, and if this was still not the limit of his strength, then it was quite impressive. Perhaps, in not even that long of a time, he could become a really powerful Arrancar in his own right.

Still, this did not shake the Shinigami's discipline.

"Well, then I suppose I will have to beat you fair and square," Irisa responded to the confidence, spreading her arms out and making a brief shrug.

However, it was not Irisa who finally managed to subdue this creature. Working from the inside out, Nezuel subverted him and, suddenly, forced him to attack himself. The Cero which was intended to fire at Irisa suddenly struck him himself, and the blade in his hands pierced into his chest. Once he collapsed to the ground, the blood constructs began to vanish, and the small, harmless looking Nezuel from before was left lying on the ground.

So... a happy ending. At least.

Irisa looked down upon the Arrancar on the ground, her eyes glaring at him while he was crying and apologizing for what happened.

"Don't be. You have done nothing wrong," she spoke up after Nezuel affirmed that he was sorry, several times. "You helped me until the very end of the match, you killed Arrancars - who deserve that fate - and you managed to regain control when you realized that you might be going too far. There is nothing for you to be sorry about."

That was her image of the events, at least. Still with her expressionless glare, Irisa turned around and stepped away.

"One of the two spells I cast while approaching the Hollow Queen remotely mapped the entire internal structure of Las Noches to Seireitei. Now, the Gotei 13 will have a way to always know what is happening inside the fortress, at any given time. That was the mission handed to me by my Captain, and it's been fulfilled," She turned her eyes towards Nezuel, over her shoulder, still expressionless. "I have nothing more I need from you."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 21, 2022 9:51:29 GMT -5

Of course, Nezuel had something to be sorry for.  The entire ordeal, getting her close to the Queen of the hollows, too close.  He had been reckless when he'd seen her fall to the ground like that...and releasing the power he had stored and sealed for so long...only to cause it to attack her after all was said and done.  Perhaps she was taking pity on him, yet he wasn't sure that emotion had a place in the shinigami's heart.  But she had fulfilled her mission, from her captain.  An impossible mission, perhaps, but one she'd accomplished by finding an arrancar willing to talk and managing to turn him into a friend...although he didn't know if the words she had spoken about that friendship slightly earlier had been real.  What use would it have been to lie?

He brushed a hand over his eyes, there would be time for him to worry about himself later...once he found someplace to lie low and wait out the coming storm.  Haven should be large enough to house him and Gaia should hopefully be able to accommodate him.  His only worry was what lengths the Primera might do to fulfill his Queens order.  Would he come to the human world, would he find him in Haven, kill the occupants...could he with how strong they were?

Standing he coalesced nearby matter into a sword and scabbard, eyes roaming over it in an attempt to not have to look at the shinigami.  She was done with him, simple as that. "For what its worth, I'll remember you as a kido teacher." he had a slight smile on his face.  "And I hope you can find the life you want Irisa-san." His eyes met hers for a little while and he gave her a slight nod.