Bleach Hereafter RPG

Rewind

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Dec 20, 2022 19:01:36 GMT -5

Niji didn’t respond immediately, she was taking a moment to collect herself. Separating the woman in front of her from the Masha she knew was difficult, extremely difficult. They were so similar. Probably the same bulldog determination to find out more. To find out information that would almost certainly lead to her death another time. She couldn’t have saved Val, but she could still save this one.

Her demeanor changed, and her hand closed over the one gripping her collar. It wasn’t an aggressive gesture, and her hand was warm and gentle. The Fullbringer's voice was more steady now, and she looked the Shinigami square in the eyes, ”I implore you, Masha, leave it alone. Valentina Tokareva is gone.  She is not coming back.  Take the memory you have of a joy-filled sister and hold onto that.  Someone should remember that girl. Forget you heard my name, forget what you heard about her changes.”

Niji closed her eyes with a heavy sigh, pain clear in her features.  She gently, but firmly, started to move Maria's hand off of her collar.  It was clear a large part of her did not want to say the next few words, and she was forcing them out. ”You do not know me, and I do not know you. We should leave it that way.”

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Dec 21, 2022 5:21:52 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

Tags:

Just as Maria was almost certain that she pulled onto the loose thread to unravel the mystery of her sister's descent to self-destruction, Niji went back. Instead of answering her questions, she began to beg the Shinigami to leave her be and forget everything that happened. Live her life with the myth and lie of the Valentina she knew, and hide from the truth of what happened to her.

It was starting to get a little frustrating. Why was she so... cowardly? That was the only word which Maria could come up with to describe her, at such short time. Hesitant, fearful of revealing the truth, all while barely holding on herself. It wasn't going to stop her.

Niji's hand tried to remove Maria's grip from her collar. In response, Maria grabbed with both her hands, and clutched onto the fabric even more tightly.

"Who do you think you are?!" she called out, her voice briefly raised. "She is my sister. The only person I had close to me before my death. And you're requesting me to... give up on finding the truth about her? Delude myself with memories that I've been shown no longer hold water?" She gave a faint squeeze to the grip on the collar. "I'm not letting go until you tell me everything."

Perhaps it was her hamfisted approach which was forcing Niji on the defensive. There was no reason to be so hostile to the woman. Maria briefly sighed to calm herself, then continued:

"You're... denying everything, even though you're so clearly struggling with what you remember, your memories of me and her. Why can't you share them? Why can't I... help you?"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Dec 21, 2022 8:07:12 GMT -5

Niji was clearly biting back words, clearly, she wanted to say something, but was holding back. She just mutely shook her head as Maria gripped her collar with both hands and began yelling at her. The Fullbringer was a little surprised when the Shinigami tried to calm herself down.

She knew Maria was going to double down, it was just how she was. When she realized aggression wasn’t getting her what she wanted, she tried a different tact. Pretty much how her Masha had operated; her first option had always been to go hard. She was off balance when that didn’t work, and asking nicely was never her forte. That’s why she had been the most combat capable of the two of them in their other life, she was always ready to rumble.

Shaking her head, Niji continued; her voice no longer shaking, but just soft and sad, ”I have done this dance before, Masha. We have no relationship that matters to you. I am a stranger, and you have no reason to believe me. If you are looking for the truth of what happened to Valentina, find Sadaharu Tendo in Tokyo.  He was probably the last one to see your sister alive.”

Theoretically the man was a Shinigami ally, and while he clearly hadn’t known Valentina. He knew more than others what exactly had happened to the woman; and could likely give her the facts. Not stained by the false memories Niji had.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Dec 21, 2022 9:59:31 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

Tags:

Niji was testing her patience - and much like her sister, Maria did not have much of it. Yet again, she clutched onto her line that she is a stranger whom the Shinigami should not bother, that it would be better for her - except, this time, she also dropped the mention of Tendo, that shopkeeper in Tokyo.

When Maria confronted him some time ago, he gave a hint to her only on the condition that his involvement in the ordeal was kept secret. He and Niji were not on best terms, for some reason, or something like that - since it was a simple request that didn't cost her anything, Maria agreed. So, she merely stared Niji in the eyes.

We need more room. If I have to beat the truth out of her, I can't have innocent people running around mere meters away from us.

A platform of spiritual energy gathered underneath their feet and suddenly propelled them both high in the air at immense speed. Once even the tallest skyscrapers began to dip beyond the line of sight, the platform began to decelerate, until it finally stopped seven kilometers above the surface.

Throughout the entire ascent, Maria clutched onto Niji's collar - then, she asked:

"What are you afraid of? What are you afraid of, that you have to resort to lies and hiding?"

That's all Maria could see this act as - cowardice. Niji clearly knew Maria, intimately, she knew more than she could let go about her family and Val. Yet, for some reason, she refused to give up this information, and whenever the Shinigami pressed to explain where this familiarity came from, she cowered and pleaded her to give up and leave. As if she was, really, afraid that something would happen if Maria learned the truth.

"You're not convincing, you know."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Dec 21, 2022 10:36:27 GMT -5

Niji let out a small yelp of surprise as Maria dragged them both skyward. Her combat instincts kicked in again, burning off the alcohol in her system during their ascent. Flying was not an unfamiliar sensation to her, and she adjusted to the sudden clarity flowing through her system. By the time they reached the top of their flight, the woman was pretty much sober and thinking more straight.

Separate, but consider the similarities.  Even though you don't know this woman, you know this woman.

Niji as she placed a hand gently on Maria’s cheek, under the woman’s eyepatch.  She spoke softly, kindly, and without any of the shaky cadence she had on the ground, ”I have not lied to you, Masha.” Some part of Niji wondered what exactly had happened to give her the injury, but that wasn’t important now. The Fullbringers face changed, the only indication of sorrow in her expression was the smudged mascara from her evaporated tears. A neutral mask now, hiding any emotion.

There was only one language that the real Valentina understood, and Niji was developing a sinking feeling that perhaps this Maria was more similar to the real Miss Tokareva than she had hoped.  Her voice still gentle, Niji continued, ”I am protecting you.”

With her right hand still lightly resting on Maria’s cheek, the golden bonfire once more flared up around Niji.  The Shinigami would have a split second before the Fullbringer gathered the winds and slammed an open palm into the woman’s solar plexus with enough force to send her flying backwards.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Dec 21, 2022 15:22:23 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

Tags:

Who does Niji think she is fooling? This has to be the fourth or fifth time she chose to deny everything, in spite of it being so blindingly obvious to the contrary. Maria was getting frustrated - she did not expect the mysterious Fullbringer she hunted after to be such a brick wall, If this goes any further, she will...

She will-

The most powerful blow Maria had ever felt suddenly clocked her in the chest, catching her completely off-guard when her eye was focusing onto the hand gently caressing her cheek. Nobody in the Eleventh Division had hit her with such force. Prince Ilvamal had not hit her with such force. Flung away by a smash of wind that instantly knocked the wind out of her (ironically), Maria could only watch helplessly as she flew farther and farther away from Niji.

The salt on the wound was that... the Fullbringer hardly exerted any effort. In spite of all her effort and training, she paled in comparison to her, and, presumably, the threats she had to fight.

Gathering Reishi to create a solid platform, Maria crashed with a slide, stopping in mid air, and clutched onto her pained chest.

"I am protecting you." That was all the explanation she was getting for this cowardice. For this intent to keep Maria in the dark. The Shinigami floated back up from her platform, meeting Niji on the same eye level, and pulled out her Zanpakuto. In her hand, it lengthened and thickened, turning massive and more bludgeon-like.

"I refuse your protection," she gushed out. "If you're going to make me choose between staying in ignorance while you're "protecting me", or beating the truth out of you... I'll fight, I'll lose, but I'll make it clear where I stand."

She can't win this, that single strike made it clear. She was going to fight anyway. Her sister would do the same in her place.

The Reishi platform Maria had used to propel them both high in the air, that was still under Niji's feet, would aim to constrict the Fullbringer's legs. The Shinigami herself, meanwhile, let out a spirited yell and lunged straight at her, swinging her Zanpakuto with all of the force and determination behind her - sending a blow that, were they not several kilometers above Las Vegas, could have easily shattered much of the hotel complex.

MARIA TOKAREVA
DEFENSIVE PHASE
None

Bonus Action: Zanjutsu Proficiency (Thousand Blades), -25 Reishi

Standard Action: Reishi Platform Trap (Bakudo #9: Geki), -5 Reishi
Need to roll 70 or less to convert one of Niji's Standard Actions to a Bonus Action - 9IWX|LXW1d100

At-Will: Activate Amplify for next attack (+10 Accuracy, +2 Damage Tiers, and rolls accuracy twice)
At-Will: Activate three levels of Augment for the next attack (+3 Damage Tier), -15 Reishi
At-Will: Activate Thousand Blades effect - As an at-will action, roll 2 sets of damage dice for one attack on your turn and take the higher of the 2 damage rolls.
At-Will: Focus Energy (Enhanced, Genius At-Will), Increase your Accuracy with Attacks on this turn by +15. A focused attack cannot have its damage negated by Guard. -10 Reishi
At-Will: Activate Surge (As an at-will action, you add an extra set of additional damage die with a value of 2d12 for Non-Basic Attacks and 1d12 for Basic Attacks with each attack you make.)

Standard Action: In the Name of My Sister (Ravage - Release Barrage), -25 Reishi
Slashing - Crits at 75+

Accuracy - 1d100+80
Accuracy (Amplify) - 1d100+80
(+45 Base, +10 Amplify, +10 Paragon, +15 Focus Energy)

Damage - 5d20
Damage (Thousand Blades) - 5d20
(Tier 11 Base, +1 Release, +2 Amplify, +3 Augment)
(CRITICAL! +17 dmg)

Surge damage - 2d12

ACTIVE EFFECTS
First Release (Tempered): x2 RL per turn, 2 Reishi per turn, +1 Damage Tier with Release Attack Techs., +5 Reflex.

Thousand Blades: 1/4 uses

CLASS
Prodigy
- Adept: Your natural Skill cap of 50 is increased to 60 and you start with +10 to one Skill of your choice.
- Genius: Start with the Enhanced Basic Techniques/Spells; Focus Energy and Invigorate. Also, three times per battle, you can use Focus Energy or Invigorate as an At-Will action.
Paragon
- Unrivaled: Your max HP cap is increased by +20 and also you naturally negate -2 damage from every attack that hits you. Also, as a passive effect, if you drop below 25% HP, you become immune to the effects of EDGE, regardless of Reiatsu Levels. Alternatively, if you already have EDGE advantage when you drop below 25% HP, that advantage is now doubled.
- Heroic Aura: As a passive effect, you gain +10 accuracy with all non-area attack techs/spells and whenever one of these attacks hit and reduce your foe’s HP, you and your allies gain +5 Reishi and +5% base Reiatsu Level. (Capped at 200%)

TRAITS

Alacrity: As a passive effect you have +10 to defense while above half max HP.
Amplify: As an at-will action, one attack this turn gains +10 Accuracy, +2 Damage Tiers, and rolls accuracy twice, taking the higher result.
(1/2)
Augment: As an at-will action, you may increase the cost of one or more techniques you use. For every 5 Reishi extra you spend on a technique, you increase the accuracy by 5, the damage tier by 1, OR the chance of inflicting a non-special status effect by 5%. You can only spend up to 20 Reishi total to improve techniques per turn.
(1/2)
Surge: As an at-will action, you add an extra set of additional damage die with a value of 2d12 for Non-Basic Attacks and 1d12 for Basic Attacks with each attack you make.
(1/3)
Talented: As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it.
(0/1)
Tempered: Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning it is a passive activation and you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread.

TECHNIQUES
Enhanced Basic
Invigorate - Now whenever you use Invigorate, your allies and teammates also regain +10 Reishi.
Focus Energy - If used with an Attack Spell, that spell now has an additional +15% chance to inflict Status Effects on the turn. If used with a Physical Attack, any additional uses on the same turn stack +1 additional bonus damage per attack on that turn.

Defensive
Speed Clones - As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique. -5 Reishi
(0/2)
Utsusemi - As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique. -10 Reishi
(0/1)
Bakudo #41: Kyomon - As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. -10 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #44: Sekisho - You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks. -10 Reishi
(0/1)

Utility
Puppet Theater - As a bonus action you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Manipulated status on your target. The user declares a Standard or Advanced technique/spell (excluding any Forbidden or Release techs/spells) that the target knows and takes no more than a standard or bonus action to use. The target is then forced to use this technique/spell on their next turn. -10 Reishi
(0/1)
Bakudo #11: Tsuzuri Raiden - As a bonus action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Deal 3 direct damage back to the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack. This damage bypasses all DR. -10 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #22: Hakufuku - As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. -5 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #9: Geki - As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. -5 Reishi
(1/2)

Advanced
[Honestly there need to be some more cooler advanceds]

Forbidden
[SECRET] (It's not Danku, shut)

RELEASE

Amplified Trait
Reflex
+5 at First Release

Enhancements:
- Malicious (First Release): As a passive effect your damage tier increases by +1 with Release Attack Techs.

Techniques:
1st Release:
- Ravage, Barrage/Slashing, -25 Reishi (Unlimited)
- Thousand Blades, Thousand Blades is activated as a Bonus Action. You get 4 effects per combat. At-will you activate an effect listed below. You may use at-wills from this technique more than once in a given turn. Once you’ve used all effects, the technique ends., -25 Reishi (1/1)

REIATSU: 225,000 -> 450,000
HP: 95/95 | REISHI: 118/200 | DEF: 105 (90) | DMG DIE: d14 | ACC: +45
1d100·1d100+80·1d100+80·5d20·5d20·2d12
Last Edit: Dec 21, 2022 15:23:00 GMT -5 by Hequita

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Dec 21, 2022 18:10:18 GMT -5

Like her sister, Maria liked to try to bind the legs with their spiritual techniques. She barely even glanced down as she focused energy downwards, shattering the reishi platform and allowing the winds to hold her up. But even then, she hadn’t really been expecting a melee fight; her Masha had been a ranged fighter. Bows, guns, projectiles in general.  Simply put, she was unprepared for the strike.

Niji took the hit, feeling some bones crack under the force of the blow. She let out a shout of pain as she focused her energy inward. She needed to treat the injuries from that mighty blow; and it’s not like she wanted to unload on her.

She growled through clenched teeth as she felt her bones mending, ”What truth are you looking for, Masha?  Your sister became a monster that tried to destroy all of reality.  I do not know what caused it.  I will not send you to your death on a futile quest to avenge her.”

The fullbringer smiled faintly; she had to admit, she wasn’t expecting Maria to be as powerful as she was.   Even in the alternate life, she had been killed long before she reached this level of strength. But it was still not good enough to take on Hibano, much less a member of the Zodiac.   Sending her after either would be as good as sending her to her doom.  As Niji leapt backwards to make some distance, she called forth a spirit, and an enormous wolf manifested between her and the Shinigami.

Defense Summary:
Niji is hit for 67 Damage
Niji standard action reduced to bonus
DR reduces damage by 4
Niji takes 63 damage!

Niji heals for 30 (+30) damage from Bakudo 7
Niji heals for 1 damage from bandage (Booo)

HP is 73 (75 - 63 + 60 + 1)
Reishi is 203 (200 - 5 (B) - 10 (#7) - 10 (ST) + 25 (I) + 3 (TU)

Niji has Doubled Edge 2 on Maria: +20 Def, +20 Accuracy, +4 Damage, 4 DR

Base Defense vs Maria is 105 (85 + 20 edge)
Base Accuracy vs Maria is 75 (50 base + 20 edge + 5 release)

At-Will:
Gamble - bDAkucph1d35 - Extract
Bakudo 7 - 1d100 < 55 for 30 extra HP

Bonus Action:
Bandage - 1d12 

Standard Action: - Reduced to Bonus
Summon Thrall

Standard Action:
Invigorate

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Buffs
Bandage - 1/3 - 1 HP
Summon Thrall - Indefinite

Debuffs
Geki - Final Turn

USES
Bandage - 1/1
Invigorate - 1/4
Sense - 0/3

Speed Clones - 0/2 (Move Tech)
Utsusemi - 0/1 (Move Tech)
Bakudo 12 - 0/2
Bakudo 7 - 1/1 Self

Ningyo Joruri - 0/1
Bakudo 9 - 0/2
Bakudo 22 - 1/2
Bakudo 27 - 1/2

Bakudo 73 - 0/1 Utility, 0/1 Defense
Thousand Page Wholesale - 0/2
Raioken - 0/2
Summon Thrall - 1/1

Soul Trigger - 0/1

Time Shift - 0/3
Illusion - 0/1

Genius - 0/3
Talented - 0/1
Assault - 0/2
Surge - 0/3
Blur - 0/4

CLASS - Prodigy - Titan
ADEPT
Your natural Skill cap of 50 is increased to 60 and you start with +10 to one Skill of your choice.

GENIUS
Start with the Enhanced Basic Techniques/Spells; Focus Energy and Invigorate. Also, three times per battle, you can use Focus Energy or Invigorate as an At-Will action.

UNBRIDLED
The standard Reishi cap is lifted. (You may now gain an unlimited amount of Reishi.) Also, you gain +3 Reishi at the end of each turn per each foe you are fighting. (For example, in a 1v3, you would regain +9 Reishi.) Also, as a passive effect, as long as you remain at 50% HP or above, you gain the advantages of EDGE 2 against all foes, regardless of Reiatsu Levels. Alternatively, if you already have EDGE advantage (above EDGE 2) while above 50% HP, that advantage is now doubled.

OPPRESSIVE REIATSU
As a passive effect, your basic Strikes become area attacks and add the Bashing Major Effect. All other area attacks gain +10 accuracy and the Bashing Major Effect as well. Additionally, on a turn in which you use Invigorate, your Techs/Spells ignore 3 of their target’s DR; increase the amount of DR ignored by +3 per opponent in your current thread beyond the first. (3 DR ignored 1v1, 6 DR ignored 1v2, 9 DR ignored 1v3, etc)

TRAITS
Cleverness You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

Assault - As an at-will action, roll two d100s for each accuracy roll you make with any Non-Basic Attack. Use the better of the two rolls for each.

Surge - As an at-will action, you add an extra set of additional damage die with a value of 2d12 for Non-Basic Attacks and 1d12 for Basic Attacks with each attack you make. (3/thread)

Blur - As a passive effect you can use one Movement Tech as an at-will action on your turn. (4/thread)

Tempered - Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread. You are still prevented from using your 2nd or Final Releases until the minimum post count has been met.

Talented - As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it.

TECHNIQUES
SPEED CLONES - 0/2
Type: Defense - Hohō Art
Action: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn.
Cost: 5 Reishi

UTSUSEMI - 0/1
Type: Defense - Hohō Art
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.
Cost: 10 Reishi

BAKUDŌ #12: YŪGURE NO MANTO (DUSK CLOAK) - 0/2
Type: Defense - Kido Spell
Activate: At-Will - Reactive
Effect: As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with.

BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL) - 0/1
Type: Utility - Kido Healing Spell
Activate: At-Will
Effect: As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade.
Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Limit: Once per target.

NINGYŌ JŌRURI (PUPPET THEATER)
Type: Bonus Action
Action: Utility
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Manipulated status on your target. The user declares a Standard or Advanced technique/spell (excluding any Forbidden or Release techs/spells) that the target knows and takes no more than a standard or bonus action to use. The target is then forced to use this technique/spell on their next turn. Cannot be used in conjunction with the standard tech Holy Slave on the same turn.
Cost: 10 Reishi.
Limit: Once per target.

BAKUDŌ #9: GEKI (STRIKE) - 0/2
Type: Utility
Activate: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Duration: 1 turn
Cost: 5 Reishi.

BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL) 0/2
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%
Limit: Twice per battle.

BAKUDŌ #27: INEMURI (FORCED SLUMBER) - 0/2
You quickly hold your hand in front of your enemy’s face as their pupils dilate before they fall unconscious.
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 60% chance to inflict two stacks of the Blind status on your target. Upon infliction it also deals 1d8 direct damage The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

BAKUDŌ #73: TOZANSHŌ (INVERSE MOUNTAIN CRYSTAL)
Type: Defense / Utility
Activate: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: As a reactive bonus action, you either create a barrier that protects you and up to 2 allies against all non-critical attacks from your foe(s) OR as a regular bonus action you can trap your foe inside an enclosure. They are then forced to spend a Standard Action on their turn to break free.
Cost: 20 Reishi
Limit: Once per battle as a defense and once as a utility. Cannot use both on the same turn.

RAIŌKEN (THUNDER KING FIST)
Type: Attack - Barrage
Action: Standard
Effect: As a standard action, you make a barrage attack with 4 dmg dice that deals the Overwhelm major effect.
Special Effect: Treat this Barrage like an area attack that also deals the Spread major effect.
Cost: 25 Reishi

SENMAIOROSHI (THOUSAND-PAGE WHOLESALE)
In a blur of motion, you make multiple extremely fast slashes that shred your target to pieces.
Type: Attack - Barrage
Action: Standard
Effect: As a standard action, you make a barrage attack with 4 dmg dice that deals the Slashing major effect.
Special Effect: For an extra cost of 10 Reishi, you may add the Delay major effect to each attack.

Summon Thrall
Action: Bonus / At-Will
Effect: As a bonus action summon your thrall. As an at-will action, on your turn, the thrall can deal 1d12 direct damage to a target. If the thrall rolls a 1 on the the 1d12 they break free of your control and leave combat. Alternatively, as an at-will action you can order your thrall to sacrifice themselves and negate 15 damage from an attack that hits you. This removes them from combat.
Cost: 10 Reishi
Limit: Once per battle to summon. At-Wills have unlimited use.

Blood Offering - SOUL TRIGGER
Type: Utility (Considered a Forbidden Technique)
Effect: You regain 20 Reishi at the time of use and increase your Base Reiatsu Level by 50%. Additionally, for the duration, increase your Damage Tier with all attacks by +2 and your Defense by +15. On the turn after the end of the duration, you will be temporarily Exhausted for 1 turn.
Duration: 4 turns
Cost: 10 HP
Limit: Once per battle.

RELEASE
AREA, SLASHING
Activate: Standard Action
Cost: 20
Effect: 4 Damage Dice, crits on 75+, +4 damage on a crit
Titan and Area Attack includes +10 accuracy, 5 reishi drain, and -5% Base RL.

Stage 1 (Wish Granted) - Lost Spirits
Effect: As an at-will action, you roll a 1d35. On your next turn, you may use the Release Tech that corresponds to the number you rolled, bypassing any prerequisites. You only have access to the rolled Tech for that one turn. You may only use one release technique at a time, but otherwise you can use it as normal. Each different type of release technique can only be used once per thread. If you roll the same one twice, the second time the effect fizzles out and produces nothing. If you roll a 31-34, you get no ability to use that turn. If you roll at 35 you cannot use this power at all for the remainder of combat.
Cost: Same cost as whichever tech is rolled.
Consequence: If you choose Gamble, you may not pick a 2nd Release defense/utility tech but you can still pick your own release attack techniques. Gamble will be your only utility/defense release technique.
Limit: Indefinite, but only one type of each Release per combat.

Stage 1 - Pact: The Kami
TIME SHIFT
Effects: As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn. Max of one extra Standard Action per turn can be gained via Time Shift or Clone.
Limit: Three times per battle.

EFFICIENT
Activate: None (Passive)
Effect: As a passive effect, your Releases now costs -2 less Reishi to maintain per turn.
Limit: Indefinite.

Stage 2 - Pact: The Fair Folk
ILLUSION
Effect: As a bonus action, you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Deceived status effect on your foe. While Deceived any at-will actions they use require a bonus action and any bonus actions they use require a standard action for the duration.
Duration: 4 turns.
Limit: Once per battle.

DEVASTATING
Effect: As a passive effect your Release Attacks deal an extra +10 bonus damage when you score a critical hit.

RESTORING
Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 HP from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

REIATSU: 571,000 EFFECTIVE: 1,142,000
HP: 73/75 | REISHI: 203/200| DEF:85| DMG DIE: 1d14 | ACC: +55

1d35·1d100·1d12
Last Edit: Dec 21, 2022 18:14:40 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Dec 22, 2022 5:04:11 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

Tags:

Hitting Niji felt like hitting a boulder of exceptional durability. A powerful shockwave rolled across the skies upon impact, dispersing nearby clouds with sheer force and clearing a wide circle around them both. Niji yelped from the pain - it was a small hint of satisfaction for Maria. Not that she wanted to hurt Niji - God no, she would have ideally avoided having to attack - but to know that she could actually hurt someone many times stronger than her, even as a surprise shot, gave her confidence.

After the hit, the ginger haired woman continued with her usual ignorance, repeating what she has already told Maria about Val and that she didn't know what caused it. Bouncing back from the spirited blow, Maria landed on a Reishi platform in front of Niji and held up her Zanpakuto in front of her.

"You already heard what I asked," she shot back. "How do you know so much about me? You refer to me as Masha, even though the only people who refer to me by that name were before my death. You know who I am. What I'm like."

Perhaps she can also ask...

"Why do you want to protect me, even?" That was as big of a hint as the others that they were not unknown to one another, that there was some reason for Niji to want to keep Maria out of this. "What are you hiding, and why can't I know what you're hiding?"

MARIA TOKAREVA
DEFENSIVE PHASE
None
Gain +5 Reishi and +5% Reiatsu Level from Heroic Aura.

Bonus Action:

Standard Action:

Standard Action:

ACTIVE EFFECTS
First Release (Tempered): x2 RL per turn, 2 Reishi per turn, +1 Damage Tier with Release Attack Techs., +5 Reflex.

Thousand Blades: 1/4 uses

CLASS
Prodigy
- Adept: Your natural Skill cap of 50 is increased to 60 and you start with +10 to one Skill of your choice.
- Genius: Start with the Enhanced Basic Techniques/Spells; Focus Energy and Invigorate. Also, three times per battle, you can use Focus Energy or Invigorate as an At-Will action.
Paragon
- Unrivaled: Your max HP cap is increased by +20 and also you naturally negate -2 damage from every attack that hits you. Also, as a passive effect, if you drop below 25% HP, you become immune to the effects of EDGE, regardless of Reiatsu Levels. Alternatively, if you already have EDGE advantage when you drop below 25% HP, that advantage is now doubled.
- Heroic Aura: As a passive effect, you gain +10 accuracy with all non-area attack techs/spells and whenever one of these attacks hit and reduce your foe’s HP, you and your allies gain +5 Reishi and +5% base Reiatsu Level. (Capped at 200%)

TRAITS

Alacrity: As a passive effect you have +10 to defense while above half max HP.
Amplify: As an at-will action, one attack this turn gains +10 Accuracy, +2 Damage Tiers, and rolls accuracy twice, taking the higher result.
(1/2)
Augment: As an at-will action, you may increase the cost of one or more techniques you use. For every 5 Reishi extra you spend on a technique, you increase the accuracy by 5, the damage tier by 1, OR the chance of inflicting a non-special status effect by 5%. You can only spend up to 20 Reishi total to improve techniques per turn.
(1/2)
Surge: As an at-will action, you add an extra set of additional damage die with a value of 2d12 for Non-Basic Attacks and 1d12 for Basic Attacks with each attack you make.
(1/3)
Talented: As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it.
(0/1)
Tempered: Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning it is a passive activation and you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread.

TECHNIQUES
Enhanced Basic
Invigorate - Now whenever you use Invigorate, your allies and teammates also regain +10 Reishi.
Focus Energy - If used with an Attack Spell, that spell now has an additional +15% chance to inflict Status Effects on the turn. If used with a Physical Attack, any additional uses on the same turn stack +1 additional bonus damage per attack on that turn.

Defensive
Speed Clones - As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique. -5 Reishi
(0/2)
Utsusemi - As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique. -10 Reishi
(0/1)
Bakudo #41: Kyomon - As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. -10 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #44: Sekisho - You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks. -10 Reishi
(0/1)

Utility
Puppet Theater - As a bonus action you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Manipulated status on your target. The user declares a Standard or Advanced technique/spell (excluding any Forbidden or Release techs/spells) that the target knows and takes no more than a standard or bonus action to use. The target is then forced to use this technique/spell on their next turn. -10 Reishi
(0/1)
Bakudo #11: Tsuzuri Raiden - As a bonus action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Deal 3 direct damage back to the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack. This damage bypasses all DR. -10 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #22: Hakufuku - As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. -5 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #9: Geki - As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. -5 Reishi
(1/2)

Advanced
[Honestly there need to be some more cooler advanceds]

Forbidden
[SECRET] (It's not Danku, shut)

RELEASE

Amplified Trait
Reflex
+5 at First Release

Enhancements:
- Malicious (First Release): As a passive effect your damage tier increases by +1 with Release Attack Techs.

Techniques:
1st Release:
- Ravage, Barrage/Slashing, -25 Reishi (Unlimited)
- Thousand Blades, Thousand Blades is activated as a Bonus Action. You get 4 effects per combat. At-will you activate an effect listed below. You may use at-wills from this technique more than once in a given turn. Once you’ve used all effects, the technique ends., -25 Reishi (1/1)

REIATSU: 236,250 -> 472,500
HP: 95/95 | REISHI: 121/200 | DEF: 105 (90) | DMG DIE: d14 | ACC: +45

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Dec 22, 2022 19:52:19 GMT -5

It hadn’t even occurred to Niji to not call the woman Masha; sure, Miss Shinigami if she had been drunkenly attempting true ignorance, but not a name other than Masha. For most of her memories of the girl, she was Masha, not Maria. The name was just…who the woman was to Niji.

The Fullbringer maintained a passive expression, but the sorrow was clear in her eyes, ”I do no–”

She sighed, shaking her head, muttering in a barely audible volume, ”Too many similarities…”

The Fullbringer’s reiatsu redoubled, and small, winged humanoid shapes emerged from the golden bonfire of her aura. They flitted about her, just watching for the moment, ”Miss Tokareva and I were not friends. She hated me; thought I did not not deserve my strength. Furious that I did not support her goal to overthrow the Shinigami and risk destroying the world. Then, she got the power to accomplish her dream.”

One of the figures flew into Niji’s head, coming out the other side holding a small golden ball, it flew flew between the two of them, and became an image of Valentina in her hōgyoku form; wielding a scythe and clashing against an blurry opponent, ”I’ve never had a normal to return to, hehe... Not a normal that you would prefer, at least. It has been so long since my heart stopped yearning for anything other than the destruction of all."

Niji shook her head, looking at the figure between them, ”I was there to stop her. She was given tremendous power as a result of Sadaharu Tendo’s experiment, and she used it against me. Tried to sap my will to fight, to make me believe what she believed. She made me experience nightmares."

A second faerie flew into her head as the image of the blue destroyer faded. This one came out carrying a red orb, and created a figment between them flashing through images; Niji, young and alone, weeping for those she had lost. A spiritual wolf, ripping the throat out of a childhood bully. Another young Niji, killing a brother in the crib, then moving onto her parents.  

Several more flashed past before those images faded as well.  And Niji continued, voice devoid of emotion, ”I understood her better, at that point, I suppose. How a woman could be so beaten down by life they wanted to end it all. To end it all for everyone.  I still wanted to stop her, so she took a different tact.  Rather than just nightmares…she...”

She glanced up to Maria briefly, before her eyes returned to the illusion between them, ”She made me live a new life.  Every day of it.”

A third creature flew into Niji’s head, coming out with a blue orb. Niji spoke over the images.

A young Niji, a little younger than 15, showing her parents her powers, ”She was braver, she did not hide her abilities. She started using them to help the world.”

A little later, the red haired Fullbringer finding a pair of twins, cold on the Moscow streets, their mother dismissed as a crazy woman, ”Her work found her in Moscow; where she met two young girls and their mother, injured in the past by spiritual activities.”

Images moved through the years, Niji and the twins, smiling, learning, helping the world in subtle ways with their diverse abilities, and sometimes, all three of them cuddled up on a couch watching a movie, ”The twins spent nearly every day with her, and they became her little sisters. Together, they started to change the world.”

Despite her passive expression, her voice was wracked with sorrow as she spoke. ”And, gods help me, they loved each other.”

A rocket being constructed, the three of them watching it be built as a group of Shinigami came in through the wall behind them, ”Eventually, the Shinigami took notice, and decided that the trio were making too many waves.”

Val and Niji, dressed in black, standing over a coffin. Obvious fury on both of their faces. ”Their sister sacrificed herself to let them escape.”

More images started to flash, of blood, of violence, of blue arrows and clashing blades.  But Niji was no longer addressing them, she looked back to Masha, tears once more flowing down her face, despite the otherwise expressionless mask,  ”We do not know each other. You are not my sister. I did not spend years with you. You are not the woman I cared for, that I mourned for.  But there are enough similarities to the woman I lost that it is..." a long, rattling sigh passed Niji’s lips, ”...painful.”

The lights and sounds of the figment between them dissipated, leaving empty air; ”So please, leave me be. We do not know each other. And we should leave it that way.”

Last Edit: Dec 23, 2022 8:22:47 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Dec 23, 2022 11:03:54 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

Tags:

At first, Maria did not expect much of Niji's another speech, not when it began with the same tropes of denial, even if aided by visual signs coming from the Fullbringer's powers this time. She kept her Zanpakuto raised and her expression focused. That demeanor changed, however, when Niji's speech went to a different direction. She described how Val, determined to convince Niji to see the world in the same way she did, pulled her into an alternate, illusionary reality... one where they were sisters.

Maria lowered her weapon and watched the display of holographic images in complete silence. Even when the tale started getting difficult to believe, she did not say a single word, merely listening to what Niji had to say of their alternate life. It was... a nightmare. One where it wasn't just Val who was moved by Maria's death to go on a crusade against the Shinigami - both her and Niji were. But, ten years of such a life left a deep scar on Niji.

She still could not shake off the fact that an alternate version of the Shinigami standing in front of her was her beloved, dear sister, one who was killed by the Shinigami - which explained how she knew so much about what she was like, why the mere sight of her left the Fullbringer trembling, and why she wanted nothing to do with her.

Needless to say, this was not she expected to hear when she arrived to Las Vegas, or even two minutes ago.

After the spiritual show faded and Niji finished her speech, Maria's eye glanced down, breaking eye contact. A few seconds of complete silence passed, only broken up by faint gusts of chilly wind in the upper atmosphere, flickering the brownish cloak she partially covered herself with.

Finally, she asked:

"Why... did you want to keep this from me? If you want to protect me... what is it that you want to protect me from?"

Maria slightly raised her hand - since there was some distance between them after the knockback of the blow, it wasn't for a handshake or anything, merely a gesture of speed.

"We'll never be sisters, but... I could never refuse helping a person in pain, like yourself. That... is why I became a Shinigami," The real reason she chose this path. Not the bollocks she used to tell herself about becoming stronger and getting to fight exciting battles, as ecstatic as both those things were nonetheless. "Can't I... help you cope and move on? Can't I... help you prevent anyone else from following my sister's path?"
Last Edit: Dec 23, 2022 11:05:06 GMT -5 by Hequita

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Dec 23, 2022 12:47:07 GMT -5

Niji wiped away the tears as her aura began to recede; the golden humanoids dissipating into the air. ”I know. That is why we–”

The woman shook her head again, the memories were clear in her head, having just re-lived them for the Shinigami, ”I did not want to tell you because I know you would want to help me. You act with your heart, and you leap without looking. And…”

The Fullbringer sighed, resignation creeping into her voice, ”You and your sister were the most obstinate people I have ever met.”

She gestured to the lights of the Vegas strip, far beneath them, a twinge of guilt touching the words, ”I suppose you were doomed from the moment I recognized you down there. From the moment I called you Masha. You do not take no for an answer; and you will keep hounding me until you know everything.  Even if it leads you to chase down monsters that can destroy you as easily as an ant.”

"I do not know how to stop this world from being so cruel that it drives people like Valentina to such despair.  I know the answer is not on the path of destruction that she sought.  But..."  Niji cautiously reached a hand towards the Shinigami, her voice guarded, ”If you are truly interested in helping me move on, let me get to know the real Mash–Maria Tokareva.  Help me to separate the person in front of me from the woman in my memories.”

She glanced back down at the glittering lights below, ”There are a lot of nice places to eat on the Strip; it will be my treat.”

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Dec 24, 2022 5:18:38 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

Tags:

Maria spun the Zanpakuto in her hand and slammed it into its sheath - it had turned back into its sealed, normal form in the middle of the spin. Niji's fear was her own determination - no matter what happens, she would have eventually squeezed the truth out of the Fullbringer, and it will lead her down a dangerous path. She did not describe what she meant by "monsters", but it was a fairly clear hint that there was still a lot more Maria could learn about Val's fate. That there were other threats which were involved in creating Val the way she was, against whom Niji believed Maria would try to fight.

"You don't trust me? I've got my whole life ahead of me, and you think I won't be able to become strong enough to take on whoever you're implying?" she shot back, clenching her fist. "I've already gotten this far, I can draw blood from you, even. I ain't gonna roll over and give up just because some guys are a bit stronger than me now, I'll see if they're singing the same song ten years from now."

But that's a whole other story and they both can worry about strength and lack thereof later. Niji offered Maria a way she could help her move on from the trauma inflicted upon her by her sister - by going out together and getting to know one another in a way that cleanly separates the two women she knows. That was reasonable. "If you're paying, then of course."

Maria greatly considered the Heart Attack Grill for her choice of restaurant - the food there was definitely to her liking, and she hadn't seen such a joint anywhere else on the planet, except for Vegas. Sadly, there was going to be no chance they could have a serious conversation there, so they ended up in a more ordinary restaurant instead, located next to one of the larger casinos of the strip.

After the two women touched down on the ground, Maria slipped behind a corner and materialized. Her outfit wasn't really fitting for an evening outing, but it wasn't the weirdest apparel you could see on the streets of the city and the average person could just assume she was a cosplayer relaxing after their job.

After Maria sat down by the table, she sighed, and began reciting:

"My name is Maria Tokareva. I am 21 years old. My house is in the central section of 34th Rukongai District, where the residential houses are, and I am not married. I work as a Shinigami for the Eleventh Division of the Gotei 13, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I drink and occasionally smoke. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and I make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what- Nah, I'm just messing with you. There's no way I get eight hours of sleep. So, where do we start?"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Dec 24, 2022 13:30:20 GMT -5

The restaurant buzzed with conversation, enough that any conversation would become indistinct within a few feet of the table. There wasn’t any danger of being overheard, but she could still hear the woman across from her; a good choice for a conversation like this. Niji listened to her opening speech intently, it seems like this was something Maria had told many before; a practiced introduction to inform th–Oh, it was a joke. Maybe?

The only indication of confusion was a pair of rapid blinks before she gave a small shrug, ”Well, I suppose it is only fair to tell you a bit about myself first.”

She hesitated for a moment, she wanted to trust this woman. But she was still a Shinigami. Maria already knew her name, and that was the biggest secret she had among the spiritual world. Perhaps one of the Shinigami that fought alongside her had made note of her name when Valentina called her out? But maybe she didn’t know her last name? Would it be right of her to hide that? Gods, but she wanted to trust this woman.

But her logical mind knew that was dangerous to do. 

Caution was the order of the day, and the Fullbringer gave her the quick rundown, ”You already know name is Niji, but most of my spiritual contacts know me as Gaia. I try to maintain a separation between my spiritual life and personal life. In my normal life, I am an international businesswoman and philanthropist. I am an only child, and I am engaged to be married. Spiritually, I am unaligned with any group, and tend to keep to myself; though obviously I have been mostly unsuccessful in the latter.”

The woman gave a slight smirk, ”I also do not get eight hours of sleep, and caffeine is my drug of choice.”

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Dec 25, 2022 12:50:54 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

Tags:

"Ah... a business person..." Maria answered when Niji finished her introduction, with a slightly negative tone in her voice. Maria did not linger on that statement, however. She was watching the Fullbringer while she was introducing herself, intently, with only faint disappointment when it became clear that she did not get the reference she dropped. A bit odd - surely, if she lived with alternate versions of her and her sister for years in an alternate timeline, they would have forced her to watch a ton of anime. It was just like Niji said herself - they were proudly stubborn, and getting an adoptive sister educated would have been a matter of pride.

Whatever. Maybe she did got it and just chose to not humor her.

"Well, with that job on your plate, I'd try to avoid getting entangled into all the spiritual conflicts myself, either - you just wouldn't have the time for full attention in both, I assume," Maria commented, briefly taking a glance at the rest of the restaurant to see if any waiters or waitresses were approaching them already. Not that they were in any rush, of course. "I could have a healthier sleep schedule, but I'm dedicating more and more time to training these days. There's a lot of people I gotta catch up both in this world and the other one. And now you, too."

Briefly, Maria grinned with confidence. "And, you know... I don't wanna brag, but I helped save the whole world once, already - so maybe it's already showing progress?~"

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Dec 25, 2022 22:15:45 GMT -5

Niji wasn’t exactly sure what displeased Masha about the ‘business person’ statement, it could have been any number of things. Perhaps the idea of her being particularly wealthy was a problem, she had spent much longer on the streets of Moscow than the girl she knew. Maybe she was just upset that Niji had left it so vague, but it didn’t really matter, the woman didn’t press the subject.

Either way, she was happy to see the Shinigami having confidence and pride in herself, and gave the woman a warm smile. This wasn’t a competition, after all; ”You are allowed to brag, Mas–Maria; you are clearly competent, and will continue to grow stronger.”

She nodded towards the zanapktuo still sitting on her waist, even materialized, ”That being said, you have a lot of time to get stronger, as you are no longer bound by a mortal lifespan. Sleep is important for a growin–”

Niji cut herself off, shaking her head slightly; this was not her younger sister that she was lecturing on good habits.  She needed to treat the woman as a stranger, this was functionally their first meeting. ”Nevermind; tell me more about what you do as a Shinigami. The Eleventh Division are the special forces of the Shinigami, ‘no threat too large’ and all that, right?  I can only imagine the threats you have been sent against.”

Last Edit: Dec 25, 2022 22:16:05 GMT -5 by Niji