Bleach Hereafter RPG

Rewind

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jan 22, 2023 16:20:58 GMT -5

This time, Niji saw the grab coming, and tensed only for moment; there was a roof over them, and this one was not nearly as aggressive as the first time. Honestly, the less she could tell Maria now the more the mad scientist would have to deal with her stubborn questioning. Win-win, if she was being honest about the situation. She only had limited answers, and none of it from the man’s own mouth. The man didn’t know what she knew, and while she didn’t need to catch him in a lie, it might reveal if he was trying to protect someone.

As the woman’s hands closed on her shoulder, she gave Maria a faint smile. Then, there was the briefest flicker of movement, and Maria was just gripping empty air. Niji’s finger was suddenly an inch in front of her eyes, and it rapidly closed to lightly tap the tip of her nose. Boop.

The Fullbringer rolled her shoulders and kept moving towards the exit of the building, ”But, asking Sadaharu Tendo sounds like an excellent idea. All of my information is secondhand, so it will be good to get clear answers from the man himself. Like I said, maybe he will be willing to answer questions coming from a Shinigami.”

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Jan 23, 2023 3:28:29 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

Tags:

Niji went for something unexpected. Suddenly, with a technique of sorts that made her move faster than Maria could even notice, she escaped out of the grip on her shoulders, leaving the Shinigami holding nothing. Then, she suddenly booped Maria on the nose - the gesture instantly getting her to recoil.

This must be something she got out of that alternate timeline of hers. It was Val's calling card. And getting reminded of those memories in such a fashion, when she was focused on something important, even, was the last thing Maria wanted to experience right now.

"...don't fucking do that again," she muttered, with a slightly hushed down voice and covering up her nose.

Frustratingly enough, Niji still was not going to explain what she meant, and instead picked up Maria's offer of her asking Tendo directly - apparently, in spite of the antipathy she felt towards the shopkeeper, this was a good enough deal to me. The Shinigami stared at her for a second, then answered with a faint bitter taste in her voice:

"That was supposed to be a threat to you..." Something here did not really compute. Regardless, Maria sighed and moved on. "Fine, I'll see what Tendo answers to us. But if he doesn't say anything, I'm squeezing the truth out of you."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jan 23, 2023 20:14:46 GMT -5

Niji face was placid, but her voice became ice cold for a moment, ”Then do not try to manhandle me again, young lady.”

It felt as though she was talking to a child that simply wouldn’t take no for an answer. Much like others that she knew, that she cared about, Maria would want to help her, for one reason or another. And she would get herself killed. While she did not trust the madman they were going to see, she felt that he would not sell Maria enough rope to hang herself with. Her voice became vaguely weary as she continued towards a small patch of green between the sidewalk and the road. ”Well, it has failed as a threat.  Sometimes things do not go the way you hope they do. Come here.”

The Fullbringer held out her hand for Maria to grab, and the moment she did, she would feel a large pulse of reiatsu come from Niji.  There would be a blinding flash of light in the sky as a freak lightning bolt struck a tree halfway down the Strip. With the blinding distraction, and before the thunder had time to reach them, a dome of earth would rapidly engulf the two of them, and pull them both into the ground.