Bleach Hereafter RPG

The Beast And The Fledglings [Koshou & Sachio]

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Jan 31, 2023 12:46:59 GMT -5

It had been several months since his spar with Koshou, and since then he had become a lot stronger. Although he was still very much a rank and file fledgling shinigami by all accounts, he had been starting to receive some popular merit around the Seireitei for a lot of his early accomplishments. The beast of the 11th division had quietly become his personal barometer for strength, gauging his abilities against the myriad of lessons he’d learned from being on the opposite end of that beaten brass zanpakuto. Although he fared well under the circumstances, it was always clear that Koshou was out of his league, merely entertaining him to the level of their audience that day.

The large shinigami was surprised to have received Koshou’s message about meeting him on the outskirts of Rukonagi again, assuming it was more than likely a chance to measure his current aptitude. Koshou taking a vested interest in his growth and development was certainly pleasing, as it was much more effort than any of his superiors back at the 7th division cared to invest.

The location was on the same mountainside where they had first met, the high noon sun gleaming off of his insectoid maw as he stood patiently like a large stone statue. Although the information surrounding his summons was a bit vague, Bosake could not help but feel that this wasn’t just a personal meeting between just the two of them. There was a sense that there was more to this gathering than Bosake had originally suspected.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Jan 31, 2023 20:45:42 GMT -5

Sachio had been able to get out from under the 6th's paper work for a change. He'd only still only meet his captain the once, but he had strict requirements for the clerical work of his division. Luckily for Sachio the 6th was a well oiled machine in this regard and now that everyone had stopped turning their nose up at him, it had become easier to it done.

He'd felt since his secret mission with Bosake, and his official one with Hattori Koshou, the rank and file Shinigami at least stopped jeering at him when he walked through the barracks. Perhaps Rekka had something to do with his improving standing as well? Who could say.

This extra tim ha d mostly been spent on training himself and taking on small mission in the world of the living for experience. At this point he was as seasoned as an average Shinigami.

On a random day a month after his mission with Hattori Koushou, he was sent an invitation to meet him in the outskirts of the Rukongai. Sachio had never made it out so far, but he was curious.

He snuck away from Senma his elder half brother, who'd he sent on a goose chase for a particular brush for cleaning his gem collection, and made his way to the specified location. He was curious why the 11th division member would have invited the officer all the way out here. The audacity didn't surprise him though.

As he walked to the clearing of a mountainside, he ran into none other than Bosake. Well, well, well it seems I am not the only party to have received this illustrious invitation. He offered a flashy bow to his insectoid masked friend. How are you Bosake? Is Hattori Koshou fashionably late to his own event? Sachio asked with a false accusatory tone.

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 1, 2023 11:22:12 GMT -5

It's not from down the mountainside, but from further up the terrain that leads into the higher passes that Koshou finally does arrive. The scenery here as stoic and as beautiful as it had been the last time Bosake had seen it. The open clearing was bordered by a collection of large stone outcroppings and boulders that served to provide a bit of cloistering and seclusion on one side that led to a bit of an outcropping that dropped off rather suddenly. The other side kept relatively close to a stream that made its way down the mountain and provides a soft but relaxing kind of of backdrop to the atmosphere of the place. Coming into view, the stocky frame of the Soul Reaper can be seen from a bit of a distance raising an arm in greeting even from afar; Bosake is hard to miss even out here!

"Ahh, excellent! I was hoping that at least one of you would be able to make it, and here I find two!"

The subtle grin that slips across the man's lips can only mean some sense of mischief or trouble for Bosake and Sachio here, too, the both of them having seen it once or twice before, and usually in the midst of the man getting down to business. He gestures toward the rucksack he's got slung over a shoulder by simple cloth rope and as he makes it into range he tosses the thing toward Bosake letting it sail through the air. When the larger man decides to check it, he'll find it's got a healthy supply of wrapped rice balls, waterskins, and a whole mess of bandages and other basic if rudimentary medical supplies. "Bosake might have an idea about why I asked you two out here, but I'll try to catch you up without using a lot of wind!" Koshou exclaims in Sachio's direction with that grin growing more broad into his usual easygoing manner.

"Sometimes I bring newer recruits up here, or just squad eleven when we can to train. The air up here .. the quiet, the focus. It's just what you need when you're looking to push yourself." That brings a momentary pause, Koshou's eyes measuring the pair of them a little bit. "I gotta admit, I'm not usually for you squad six types but you were decisive and when it came down to it, you were willing to put yourself in front of your men." That brings an almost formal nod from the man toward the shorter man. "I want to see how well you two can work together. I got some business in mind ... and I could use a couple of good people at my back."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Feb 1, 2023 12:39:02 GMT -5

The wait was brief before the serenity of the quiet natural scene had accrued yet another presence. Although the distance made it difficult to discern any prominent facial features, the orange scarf gave Sachio away from afar. A warm grin that would never be seen from beyond his mask spread across Bosake’s face. He was unaware how Sachio was tied in with Koshou, but it seemed the beast of the 11th division had a way with like spirited people. In any case the large shinigami was happy to see his comrade again since their special mission. It seemed like their fates were somehow intertwined with their paths crossing far too many times to be considered a coincidence.

“I am well Sachio, good to see you again. I had no idea you were familiar with Koshou as well. And yes, frankly it does appear he is a bit behind schedule.” Bosake replied after a gracious nod to the 6th division 3rd seat. Seeing him again reminded the giant of his offer to switch divisions and join him at the 6th. Bosake was a bit too embarrassed to admit that he hadn’t come up with a decision yet, doubting if his abilities were even well suited for anything outside of gatekeeping.

It wouldn’t be long before Koshou’s enthusiastic voice would fill the vicinity, coming from up above them in the higher passes like the voice of god. The stocky soul reaper with that sly trademark grin descended upon the pair, immediately taking responsibility for summoning them both with the surprise of everyone promptly answering his call.

As the rucksack thudded onto the ground just a few inches in front of him, Bosake knelt to check its contents, finding a heap of rations and medical supplies as if for a multitude of long journeys. The relevance of the sack and their meeting led him to believe that perhaps this endeavor might span more than just the afternoon, but perhaps even days.

“If I am correct, I assume this is an aptitude test to see if we might be of any use for whatever you have planned regarding these rations. Luckily, me and Sachio work together rather well as it happens. However, I imagine you didn’t bring us here to simply take our word for it.” Bosake added as he placed his large palm over the hilt of his zanpakuto in preparation for whatever impromptu clash Koshou had in mind. From the looks of things he and Sachio would be teaming up against the beast. As a pair he liked their odds, wondering if they could survive if the beast went all out.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Feb 4, 2023 23:38:55 GMT -5

He got the gist after listening to Koushou and Bosake. So it seemed he'd been called here for a test of some sort. It would be one matching the 11ths way of doing things it seemed. Perhaps Koshou had got a measure of him during their mission together. did he know that he was an officer that didn't posses a Shikai? As much as Sachio would hate to admit it, Koshou was likely more powerful than him right now. Teaming up with Bosake, would give him a decent chance at victory he thought. He was certain that Bosake complimented him. Which was why he had extended his offer in the first place.

It is an officer's duty to oversee, lead, and protect their men, but I appreciate your compliment. You are not as boorish as the majority of the 11th. Sachio offered in return. Bosake seemed to think that they had a chance together and Sachio was of a like mind. With a smile he affirmed Bosake's statement.

With, Bosake fighting at my side it won't be easy for you no matter how powerful you are. Today I have the time to engage in extra training. Are there any rules or protocol be followed? Sachio asked Koushou as his hand drifted to the blades on his waist.

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 5, 2023 21:37:26 GMT -5

It's the last words that bring an even more broad grin to Koshou's face, and it's those that he responds to first. With a quick flick of his hand, the stocky Soul Reaper gives a brief nod of his head toward the other two. "Fight with everything. We don't play at half measures" he says to Sachio first, gesturing toward the bag that Bosake has been rummaging through. "Bandages, food for energy and fresh water nearby. I want you two to come at me as a team, and fight to win!"

That said, he gives the faintest wink toward the smaller of his two opponents at the off-handed compliment of his own. "I'll take it, Six" he says to the other man, the pseudo-nickname just kind of rolling off of the other man's tongue as he brands him according to his division and demeanor. Taking a few jogging steps away from the other two, Koshou lets his stride lengthen until he's good a good little bit of space between them, before beginning to casually limber himself up with stretches and a few rotations of most of the major joints in his body. Finally, the man takes a leisurely draw of his Zanpakuto, slowly lifting the blade until it catches the glint of the sun along its edge for just a moment on its way to rest along Koshou's shoulder. "I will give you two even odds to beat me today, if you work together well."

INIT: Ztlfd5GO1d100
1d100

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Feb 6, 2023 0:27:48 GMT -5

As Sachio and Koshou exchanged off handed compliments it had become clear that the two weren’t super familiar. From the sounds of things they had collaborated once before in the past, and this current meeting served as a sort of recap for the both of them. The same could be said for Bosake and Koshou as this was truly their second meeting although it seemed like they had known each other for much longer. Perhaps their original spar was just that memorable, or perhaps the advice and experience the masked shinigami learned from Koshou that day had been in the forefront of his memory ever since.

To this point now the levels of rapport were irrelevant, and all that truly mattered was to showcase what they had both learned since their last meetings with Koshou. The large recruit knew he had made a sizable leap in ability in the interim, and that Sachio was around his same caliber from what he gathered during their special mission. It was a tall task ahead of them, even with their efforts combined Koshou would be difficult to confront. Bosake took a few steps to evenly flank Sachio before drawing his zanpakuto and poising it in Koshou’s direction.

“It would be wise to play to our strengths if we're to stand a chance. I’ll try to cover you as best I can. I believe you’ll probably have better luck offensively.” Bosake uttered to Sachio as he measured the beast, preparing himself for the battle ahead.

“You need not worry, we will be coming at you with full measure!” Bosake exclaimed in response to Koshou in the distance, tightening his dual grip with a focused anticipation.

INIT: M|jzL59f1d100

1d100

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Feb 6, 2023 21:30:59 GMT -5

With an unsettling wink he was given a nickname. Six... It bothered Sachio to not be called by his name, but at the same time being called by the Miura name wasn't something that he particularly enjoyed either. He was simply Sachio in the best case. However that was not allowed at most times. hmm maybe one day.... His thoughts drifted, but he quickly focused his mind.

Sachio watched as Koshou prepared for battle. He seemed jolly for preparing for a fight, but Koshou had also seemed jolly when he prepared to fight before. Sachio wouldn't be fooled by his demeanor. Koshou said it himself there were no half measures to be taken in this fight.

Bosake advised Sachio on the basic tactic of this spar. It would be as it was in the world of the living. Bosake would be a shield and Sachio the sword. They had worked together well before. This would be just the same.
Acknowledged... Sachio uttered back.
He closed his own eyes and slowly unsheathed a single blade. The two swords looked the same, but to Sachio, one felt much more pleasant to wield than the other. With a quick slash sachio left the tip pointed downward at his side and took a few steps backwards.

Well said Bosake. No quarter. Sachio's eyes shone with slight anticipation as he opened them to stare down their opponent.

INIT:MmZLizfY1-100 1-100

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 8, 2023 13:32:41 GMT -5

"Excellent!"

The exclamation from Koshou comes with that easygoing tone of voice that's a little at odds with the overall situation, but that just seems to be his way. Seeing the two of them begin to take readied stances, the stocky man gives himself a little nod of the chin and lets one sandaled foot cross over the other to take the first, circling step. That the man is well-trained in the classic forms of swordplay and kendo is clear immediately from the fluid and natural way his sword grip and blade turns to match his movements as he begins to circle to the side and force the pair to either come together or split apart almost immediately - shifting his position on the now-battlefield toward the flank.

"Tell me, Bosake. I spoke to you before about Bushido, yeah?" Koshou calls out to the larger man. It's conversational but nothing the man does is ever without purpose, for the conversation can also serve as distraction by forcing the man to think about something other than the task and dangers at hand. "In this situation, what do you think such a code calls for? Should I stand my ground, and fight without treachery or deception here despite the disadvantage? Greater warriors than me could do that, and succeed I think!" While he speaks, one hand moves from his blade to clench a fist as he mutters something more softly, under the breath. Still, it's not hard to see the soft sheen of Reishi that seems to spread and cover the cloth of his Shihakusho. Then the man is taking another step, and rushing forward toward the pair of combatants! Koshou moves swiftly, shifting from one to the other each with quick slashes of the sword that comes gleaming in the sun.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense:
- Koshou attacks Bosake! (Hit vs. 115 [12 DMG])
- Koshou attacks Sachio! (Hit vs. 121 [10 DMG +Burn])

Defense:
- Koshou uses Seikisho!
- Koshou gains 20 Armor!

At-Will: None - None | -0 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Seikisho - Gain 20 Armor | -8 reishi cost

Standard Action: Strike (Bosake) - Burn | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 5Ee7RYjD1d100+45
Dmg - 1d13
Status Chance (40%) - 1d100

Standard Action: Strike (Sachio) - Burn | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+45
Dmg - 1d13
Status Chance (40%) - 1d100

ACTIVE EFFECTS
- Koshou is Armored (20)
- Alacrity (+10 DEF)

CLASS
- Prodigy

TRAITS
- Alacrity (+10 Def above half HP)
- Infuse (40% Burn Chance / all Basic Strikes)
- Resolve (Recover 2 Reishi for each DMG absorbed by DR)
- Efficiency (Reduce cost of Techs and spells)

TECHNIQUES
- Tsukiyubi (Thrust Fingers)

SPELLS
- Bakudo #44: Sekisho
- Bakudo #07: Keikatsu

USES
- Sekisho 1/1
- Keikatsu 1/1
- Tsukiyubi 2/2
- Invigorate 4/4
- Sense 3/3

RELEASE

REIATSU: 141,000

HP: 100/100 | REISHI: 92/100 | DEF: 105 | DMG DIE: d13 | ACC: +45
1d100+45·1d13·1d100·1d100+45·1d13·1d100
Last Edit: Feb 8, 2023 13:37:31 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Feb 9, 2023 3:08:23 GMT -5

“The code of rectitude calls for power of resolution. You have decided upon this course of conduct in a handicap, and you must be in accordance without wavering. You are called to stand your ground and fight with honor.” Bosake replied confidently, having had a chance to read up on the matter of Bushido in his down time since their last battle. Since Koshou had mentioned it, the topic had peaked his interest, speaking to the duty bound traits he already possessed naturally, it seemed like something that could be agreeable. However, to this point he was only an interested scholar regarding the matter and in no way an orthodox practitioner.

The large shinigami kept his focus in spite of the relevant banter, watching Koshou closely as he began to circle step, etching his way to the side to instigate he and Sachio’s flank formation. The decision to come together or split apart in response would have been a hasty one had the two not decided prior on a battle strategy. If Bosake were to be the shield he would need to stay close, so splitting apart would not be an option.

As Koshou’s shihakusho emanated a soft sheen of his purple-black reishi, signaling a technique he too was now familiar with, there was a slight break in the beasts motion. The large shinigami had an opportunity to move and react first, perhaps even catch Koshou off guard, but such a thing would have been averse to their strategy, and so he held back close to Sachio anticipating the coming assault.

“So fast!” Bosake exclaimed between his ears as he watched Koshou rush them at blaring speed. It was clear he wasn’t holding back, not this time, and the two would have to make every move count if they wished to put up a fight. Muttering the same soft incantation as Koshou had just done prior, the masked shinigami enveloped his own shihakusho in a soft sheen of his holographic reishi as he brought his zanpakuto around to guard against the incoming strikes. The reverberating sound of clashing steel enveloped the vicinity as sparks flew. Bosake had managed to defend himself mostly, but Koshou’s strikes were incredibly strong, recoiling a bit into his own constitution to make up the difference as he was forced back slightly by the resulting power wave of force.

“I won’t let you get you through!” Bosake exclaimed as Koshou turned his attention toward Sachio. In a swift flash step, the giant would pivot and intercept the quick strike aimed at his scarfed ally, successfully baring the blow with a mix of constitution from his zanpakuto and armored insectoid maw. The resulting force again driving him back as his large basket woven sandals dug into the earth, slowing his backward momentum from yet another heavy recoil. Although much of his armor had taken the difference in his defense, he managed to weather the attacks, keeping Sachio unscathed at his flank.

“You’re up Sachio!” Bosake shouted as he kept his attention on Koshou, lightly flaring up his reiatsu with a peculiar counter clockwise rotation in the process.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense:
None

Defense:
- Bosake uses Sekisho!
- Bosake gains 20 Armor!
- Bosake uses Guard!
- Bosake gains +10 DR and +5 Armor!
- Bosake uses Intercept!
- Bosake takes 22 DMG!
- Bosake negates 10 DMG with Guard DR!
- Bosake uses Resolve!
- Bosake gains +20 Reishi from 10 DR negated due to Resolve! (20/50)
- Bosake takes 12 damage to armor with 3 natural armor remaining!
- Bosake is immune to non-special status Burn due to Sekisho!

At-Will: Guard - Gain +10 DR - Gain +5 Armor | -5 reishi cost

At-Will: Resolve - Gain +20 Reishi for 10 DR negated | -0 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Sekisho - Gain 20 Armor | -10 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Intercept - Taking the attack for Sachio | -0 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Hanki - Choosing Koshou as target foe | -10 reishi cost

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bosake is Armored by Sekisho (+20 Armor)
Dauntless (10 Armor) + Guard Armor (5) - 12 DMG = (+3 Armor)
Bosake is using Hanki against Koshou
Alacrity (+10 DEF)
Enduring Morale (+5 Resilience)
Enduring Morale (+10 Resilience to Sachio)

CLASS
- Commander

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES
- Shun Shun Rikkia (Six Flowers Of The Hibiscus Shield)
- Hanki (Reverse Demon)

SPELLS

USES
- Sekisho 0/1
- Shun Shun Rikkia 2/2
- Hanki 0/1
- Invigorate 4/4
- Sense 3/3

REIATSU: 69,000

HP: 130/100 | REISHI: 95/100 | DEF: 95 | Armor: 3 | Sekisho Armor: 20 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +30

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Feb 13, 2023 23:19:08 GMT -5

Koshou's speed was impressive, but so was Bosake's defense. He seemed to be holding his own against the "beast" of the 11th. His insectoid masked friend was not only able to negate the damage from Koshou's attack against him, but also protect Sachio as well. Bosake had needed a spell to do it, but Sachio certainly would not have faired better.

Well done Bosake!

This was their way after all. Bosake the invincible, and Sachio to swift blaster. Normally, Sachio would have simply let lose all of his Reshi into as many spells and chants as he could manage, but this time he wanted to test the waters. Koshou was a powerful opponent. He was not likely to be overwhelmed by Sachio as much as he wouldn't want to admit. This meant that even with Bosake crying out for his most powerful strike, Sachio would select to be tactical.

Oh mask of flesh and blood, with a pale shriek strike mine enemy. Ye mask of flesh and blood bind my enemy to the haze of spring. Hakufuku! Byakurai!

Sachio combined his chants strengthening the attacks and sending them in sussion. He'd hoped that pink petals and a haze smell of sake would hinder his enemy and deal mental damage to his mind, while the lightning that danced from the blade pointed at Koshou would strike him true. That was the attack that everyone would see. The last attack he made was a silent one right be hind the lighting a delayed concentrated and silent colorless poison stream would fly at his opponent. This was another use of the versatile spell Kare.

Sachio had attacked in three different ways. He would see what worked best against the beast, and continue accordingly.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Sachio uses Byakurai
Sachio uses Kare(poison)
Sachio uses Hakufuku
Sachio gains 3 Reshi
At-Will: -

Bonus Action: Hakufuku - inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. | -1 reishi cost
Dmg - c1Ry25N_3d6
Status Chance (95%) - 1d100

Standard Action: Byakurai - 2 damage die | -6 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+30
Dmg - 2d13
Status Chance (55%) - 1d100

Standard Action: Kare - Poison | -5 reishi cost
Acc -
Dmg -
Status Chance (60%) - 1d100

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Alacrity (+10 DEF)
Enduring Morale (+10 Resilience)

CLASS
Mage

TRAITS
Cleverness
Infuse

TECHNIQUES
Speed Clones

SPELLS
Kyomon
Hakufuku

RELEASE
-

REIATSU: 75,000
HP: 120/100 | REISHI: 141/150 | DEF: 85 | DMG DIE: d13 | ACC: +30

3d6·1d100·1d100·1d100·1d100·1d100
Last Edit: Feb 13, 2023 23:20:55 GMT -5 by Sachio

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Feb 17, 2023 21:08:01 GMT -5

The stocky Soul Reaper can't help but be impressed and it shows with a broad smile that crosses Koshou's face as Bosake weathers the brunt of both of his opening attacks with relative ease, despite the force of the colliding blows pressing the larger man back, this wasn't anything new to the pair of warriors who had crossed blades before. There's a barking sound of laughter and approval that comes from the man who almost doesn't see the attacks from Sachio coming even as Bosake is calling for him to open up on the smoking Shinigami! The cherry blossoms do seem to capture the man's attention and Koshou is blinking - a moment too late for him to recognize the technique (or maybe he doesn't!) and then he's being pummeled into by some unseen force!

"Woah!" cries out Koshou as he has to stumble back a pace or two, that smile slipping into a grit of his teeth as he pushes his sheer force of will into weathering this psychic kind of barrage against his mental focus. With a snarl almost, Koshou is almost waving his sword as if to slice through the lightning attack that comes flying toward him as he's able to deflect the energy with a rough push to send it flying off-course. This means he doesn't see the less overt attack that comes in at the last minute, and there's a sudden grunt from the stocky man as a little bit of color begins to drain from his face. It may be that that bit of sickness helps to keep some force from the next blows that come as once more Koshou comes in with a swift pair of attacks designed to split focus against the pair of them for now, testing further at the nature of their sword and shield strategy.

"That's a good answer ... and the way I view it, too" Koshou does finally venture toward Bosake in the aftermath of their next exchange, looking a little 'green around the gills' as he shifts his feet to compensate for a bit of unsteadiness.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense:

- Koshou makes 2 Attacks!
 Both miss!

Defense:
- Koshou Guards vs. 7 Direct DMG!
- Koshou takes 5 Poison DMG!

- Koshou is Staggered!
- Koshou is Poisoned!
- Koshou gains 7 Reishi!
  25+14= 39-20-12=7

At-Will: Focus Energy - +15 ACC/Status | -8 reishi cost

At-Will: Invigorate - +25 Reishi | -0 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Guard - 10 DR | -4 reishi cost
Resolve: 14 Reishi gained vs. 7 DMG!

Standard Action: Strike (Bosake) - Burn | -10 reishi cost
Acc - YyE_WcEp1d100+60
Dmg - 1d13

Standard Action: Strike (Sachio) - Burn | -10 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+60
Dmg - 1d13

ACTIVE EFFECTS
- Koshou is Armored (20)
- Koshou is Staggered (1)
- Koshou is poisoned (1) [2 turns]

CLASS
- Prodigy

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

SPELLS

USES
- Sekisho 0/1
- Keikatsu 1/1
- Tsukiyubi 2/2
- Invigorate 3/4 (1/2)
- Sense 3/3
- At-Will Focus 1/2

RELEASE

REIATSU: 141,000

HP: 95/100 | REISHI: 99/100 | DEF: 105 | DMG DIE: d13 | ACC: +45
1d100+60·1d13·1d100·1d100+60·1d13·1d100
Last Edit: Feb 17, 2023 21:10:26 GMT -5 by Koshou

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Feb 26, 2023 14:55:29 GMT -5

The giant nodded after Sachio’s compliment, thankful for the accolade, but remaining focused on his half of the bargain, keeping his focus fixated on the beast that still stood before them. Although he had managed to weather the initial assault for the both of them, it did not come without its difficulties. If nothing else, that first wave of attacks proved the difference between them and Koshou. It would be next to impossible to mitigate too many more direct hits of that caliber, and it seemed Sachio had made at least somewhat of a similar assertion.

The large shinigami had expected a tempest of heavy attacks from his scarfed counterpart, and seeing the lone lighting attack be deflected by Koshou so easily caused the masked reaper a bit of nervousness. The combined incantation he’d just overheard did not seem to coincide with the level of output that had been displayed. It wasn’t until Koshou had cried out in what appeared to be some sort of unseen disorient, that Bosake understood Sachio’s tactical approach. It was clear to them both despite teaming up that their attacks alone wouldn’t be strong enough to make the beast submit, they’d have have to slow him down first.

“A clever decision!” Bosake exclaimed to Sachio as he measured the next wave of attacks, this time, easily dodging the unsteady strike aimed towards him. Bosake’s knee jerk reaction would have been to intercept the following strike aimed toward his teammate thereafter, but the way Koshou trudged through his motions he had the utmost confidence that his blade would make it nowhere near Sachio in his current state.

Instead, Bosake would channel his reishi into six holographic scarabs that would take flight around his orbit, summoning them as a safe precaution while he found an opening to help out on the offensive end. With a quick tick of speed, Bosake would counter Koshou’s missed attacks with a pair of his own swift straying strikes aimed horizontally across Koshou’s midsection.

“Let’s not relent Sachio!”

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense:
-Bosake strikes twice against Koshou!

Defense:
-Bosake gains +5 defense against Koshou (Hanki)!
-Bosake dodges strike!
-Bosake uses Shun Shun Rikkia!

Bonus Action: Shun Shun Rikkia - Creates 6 constructs | -10 reishi cost

Standard Action: Strike | -0 reishi cost
Acc - dQyAqZ121d100+30
Dmg - 1d10

Standard Action: Strike | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+30
Dmg - 1d10

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bosake is Armored by Sekisho (+20 Armor)
Bosake is using Hanki against Koshou (+5 DEF)
Bosake is using Shun Shun Rikkia (6/6 Constructs)
Alacrity (+10 DEF)
Enduring Morale (+5 Resilience)
Enduring Morale (+10 Resilience to Sachio)

CLASS
- Commander

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES
- Shun Shun Rikkia (Six Flowers Of The Hibiscus Shield)
- Hanki (Reverse Demon)

SPELLS

USES
- Sekisho 0/1
- Shun Shun Rikkia 1/2
- Hanki 0/1
- Invigorate 4/4
- Sense 3/3

REIATSU: 69,000

HP: 130/130 | REISHI: 85/100 | DEF: 95 + Hanki (+5) = 100 | Armor: 3 | Sekisho Armor: 20 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +30

1d100+30·1d10·1d100+30·1d10

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Feb 26, 2023 16:08:29 GMT -5

Sachio could tell that the poison had kicked in. alright that seemed effective... It was unfortunate that the Byakurai wouldn't land this time, but he could simply try a slight adjustment. on the next Byakurai. It seemed at first Bosake didn't get it but suddenly it clicked. Sachio smirked. The giant was quite different than many must have assumed from his appearance. He was attentive and quick witted.

Another round then... It all seemed to be going well thus far. After avoiding a slash form Koshou. The pair had another opportunity to strike. Sachio would use the same maneuver as before. Of course my friend... The scarfed man prepared another round of both Hakufuku and Byakurai along with the hidden third spell. This was likely the last time this could fool Koshou, but once more would solidify their tempo.

In the past the he and his sister would use combinations until they lost their effectiveness and then switch to new ones. Fighting with Bosake brought back memories of paired combat. He grimaced as he finished the combo.

Oh mask of flesh and blood, with a pale shriek strike mine enemy. Ye mask of flesh and blood bind my enemy to the haze of spring. Hakufuku! Byakurai! The poison would once again be a sneak attack.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Sachio uses Byakurai
Sachio uses Kare(poison)
Sachio uses Hakufuku
Sachio gains 3 Reshi
At-Will: -

Bonus Action: Hakufuku - inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. | -1 reishi cost
Dmg - GotgfYMn3d6
Status Chance (95%) - 1d100

Standard Action: Byakurai - 2 damage die | -6 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+30
Dmg - 2d13

Standard Action: Kare - Poison | -5 reishi cost
Acc -
Dmg -
Status Chance (60%) - 1d100

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Alacrity (+10 DEF)
Enduring Morale (+10 Resilience)

CLASS
Mage

TRAITS
Cleverness
Infuse

TECHNIQUES
Speed Clones

SPELLS
Kyomon
Hakufuku

RELEASE
-

REIATSU: 75,000
HP: 120/100 | REISHI: 132/150 | DEF: 85 | DMG DIE: d13 | ACC: +30

3d6·1d100·1d100+30·2d13·1d100·1d100

PLAYER

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Mar 2, 2023 2:07:52 GMT -5

While the initial sluggishness catches Koshou honestly by surprise, it's within him to adapt and persevere. The stocky Soul Reaper catches that glint of "chromatic static" as those scarabs begin to flutter around Bosake and it draws the man's memory, and it's battle instinct that sees the samurai-like warrior drop to knee and stab his blade into the ground for a moment as those slashes from the giant of a man come swinging in from the side. The force of the blow CLANGS against his own sword and the brief smile on his face gives silent thanks for his instinct to help ground his defense against the greater force of strength this time. While he might be fooled a second time, it's something about the chant that gives Sachio away a little, and rather than rise from this position immediately following the attacks from Bosake, he hesitates but draws his blade from the earth and crosses it defensively before him, in wait.

"I see you ..." the Shinigami murmurs to himself, a slight scratch of dirt under his sandals giving signal to his push-off as he's suddenly rushing toward that incoming attack, with another sudden stop and brace a few steps in that bring up up short, and sudden. There's another grunt as the effort to control his motions so precisely force that lingering poison to continue burning through his blood, and as the force of that chant's curse comes bashing into him again. Even with the brace, it's not enough to keep him from stumbling back another pace for the second time sent to stagger off of his footing! Quickly trying to regain his measure, Koshou then shifts his focus from splitting his efforts now toward a swift pair of attacks toward the larger of the pair facing him. Again his movements are slowed and sluggish, but that sense of excess reishi that often burns off of the man flares up with a burst of energy that helps him to push through and try to land a solid over-handed blow, reversed into a side slash. When in doubt, it's easy to see that Koshou defaults to that long ingrained muscle memory of his Kendo training letting the motions simply come to him.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offense:
- Koshou attacks Bosake twice!
   1: Hit vs. 157 (2 DMG / Burn)
   2: Hit vs. 140 (1 DMG)

Defense:
- Koshou takes 5 Poison DMG!
- Guards vs. Bosake (3 DMG)
- Guards vs. Sachio (7 DMG)

- Koshou is staggered!

At-Will: Focus Energy - +15 ACC/Status to Attacks | -9 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Guard - +10 DR / Opponent | -4 reishi cost
Resolve: Gain Reishi when Guarding

Acc - wqu7i2gt1d100+60
Dmg - 1d13

Acc - 1d100+60
Dmg - 1d13

ACTIVE EFFECTS
- Koshou is Armored (19)
- Koshou is poisoned (1) [1 turns]

CLASS
- Prodigy

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

SPELLS

USES
- Sekisho 0/1
- Keikatsu 1/1
- Tsukiyubi 2/2
- Invigorate 4/4 (2)
- Sense 3/3
- At-Will Focus 1/2