Bleach Hereafter RPG

(Spar)Rash shinigami challenges fullbringer-shida v nicholas

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

No better practice then true combat.

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 11, 2020 22:39:13 GMT -5

Shida's first time in the living world, he was so excited for new sites, food, and people. Unfortunately two problems showed up, one, shida couldn't read english. Two he was on a mission and wasnt granted permission to use a shell so no one could see or hear him. Shida sat there at a park bench bored beyond belief and ticked off he couldn't wear his favorite red armor. His mission seemed simple but it's slow, he was asked to look into a strange report of hollows being extremely rare all of a sudden. Something was taking them out and it wasn't one of the few shinigami assigned to the area. 

He sat there in his new uniform that was not measured correctly and might as well been a skin suit, staring up at the sky until he sensed something "off." He looked down from the sky and started to look around. He felt like something or someone was staring at him so he got up and started to walk around. He didn't see any shinigami or hollows which are the only things that should be seeing him. Unless.... He stopped walking "a fullbringer or someone with spiritual senses" He said low and to himself. He then thought of an idea, if he yells out at people someone will react if they can see him.

He then screams "HEY WHO CAN SEE ME, I CAN SENSE YA" he then looked around trying to see who turned his way or even showed a sign of hearing him.

PLAYER

Aiutati che Dio t’aiuta

nicholas Avatar

nicholas

Post by nicholas on Aug 12, 2020 23:33:51 GMT -5

Demons.

As has been his life for quite some time now, Nicholas has been hunting for demons. The shadowy beings that prowl this world, preying upon the innocent people that dwell in it, mindlessly seeking out further sustenance all the while seemingly invisible to all but him. Truly sickening beings, they are. Nicholas always did enjoy seeing them cower before being eliminated in ways that were only fit for their kind.

Wandering the streets of Long Island, he seemingly travels around without any destination in mind. Merely another unassuming morsel to lure out the monsters that are surely hunting here. There would always be more here. An unending tide of them ripe for oblivion.

Their attacks were always shortly preceded by their stench. Seemingly without any direct source and of an otherworldly origin, it made it rather easy to anticipate them. When he was greeting by it however, no attack would come. Nicholas would just continue filing along in the crowd, and nothing happened. Seconds passed...minutes passed...nothing.

Well that's odd...They never do this. Are they wisening up to my strategy?

Then, from the nearby park would come a shout. It wasn't the usual call to catch a burglar or rowdy drunken ramblings, no, it was a role call for people that could hear them. Suddenly stopping in his tracks, Nicholas turned to face the voice, seeing a man of Asian descent, clothed in some bizarre garb standing there. Somebody so unusual would at least catch the attention of a few people, and yet...only Nicholas seemed to notice them.

Was this what he sensed earlier? Since nobody seems to even realize they're here, and with how out-of-place they seem...Was this a new kind of demon he hasn't discovered yet? Perhaps they appear Human-like in order to not stand out and to avoid detection? Yet if that is the case, why are they intentionally trying to get Nicholas to know about them? So many unknowns and he wasn't sure what would be the best approach to the situation. This was a completely different encounter to everything from before.

Wordlessly making his way through the crowd, Nicholas eventually starts to walk out towards the being, continuing until he stood beside them. Without looking at them, he'd pull out a small booklet from his pocket, opening it up and moving his eyes along its pages as he feigns reading from it. Standing out as abnormal in this situation was not needed yet. He just appeared to be reading about something on his own by the edge of a park, nothing more yet.

"So, why do you reveal your presence to me, Demon?" he whispers, just barely loud enough for the man to hear him. Just get them talking for now, see what their intentions are. As it stood, it would take no time for Nicholas to eliminate them as soon as they tried whatever ploy they had in mind.

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 13, 2020 0:35:05 GMT -5

After finished his yelling a man walked up to him and called him a demon. "Demon? You can see spirits yet you have no clue who we are? i heard most spiritually in-tuned people knew about shinigami?" Shida then shakes his head "thats not important, what is important is straightening this out." Shida starts walking toward a isolated spot "lets go to a spot where you can talk without getting weird looks."

After a bit of walking shida stops once there doesn't seem to be many people around "guess you need a tutorial in how the spirit world works before you start cause problems for me and others like me. I am a shinigami, also know as a grim reaper. My job is to help spirits go to the other side and kill hollows, which i'm guessing are the demons you were referring to? Hollows are spirits that after being on earth for too long lose their senses and go crazy, turning into monsters capable of killing living beings." Shida then pauses to make sure the young man was getting some of what he was saying.

"I really hope this isnt going over your head but just know I'm not a demon, i'm the one of the guys who slays them" Shida says rubbing the back of his head.

PLAYER

Aiutati che Dio t’aiuta

nicholas Avatar

nicholas

Post by nicholas on Aug 13, 2020 19:14:26 GMT -5

Well, apparently today was just going to be full of surprises. Rather than acting in a way to either dissuade his suspicions, or try to intimidate him, they just made him even more feel even more guarded in the situation. They immediately denounced being a Demon and said that they were a Shinigami, some oriental-sounding word that Nicholas had no idea what its true meaning was. Was it even a real word? It would be no trouble at all to make up words that sound like a language unlikely to be spoken by your target to appear more genuine or knowledgeable, so was that what was happening here?

Trailing alongside the specter to a nearby alleyway, thankfully clear of any interlopers, they would begin describing more details to Nicholas. Supposedly these Shinigami were just grim reapers of a sort. They did the usual such as taking souls to the afterlife, but apparently they also fought the Demons that he encountered so frequently. Apparently they weren't Demons at all, but merely souls that had been stuck in this world for too long. They even had a name for them, Hollows. Very fitting, given the holes in their body that they all seem to bear. A bit too fitting, in fact. It all seemed sound, given what he's observed, and yet...

"I see. So these creatures that I've been slaughtering were not monsters at all, but the dead that you Shinigami were too inept to facilitate. You're trying to make me believe that all of our western theologies were false and that those monsters that think nothing of eating a man were people themselves? Is that truly what you're saying?" Despite his expression remaining unchangingly neutral as he spoke, a menacing air would radiate from Nicholas, like a predator laying in the underbrush, ready to pounce on its prey.

"If that's so, would you care to prove what you're saying? Prove to me that you speak the truth and are not some agent of Lucifer, then."

INIT: vB6Skixc1d1001d100

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 13, 2020 19:59:13 GMT -5

Shida was surprised by what the man had to say "wait you've been killing the hollows? Holy crap your a fullbringer?" Shida then shakes his head again "sorry you probably don't even know what that is. Look what is important is that your western ideology isn't entirely wrong, there is a hell and heaven. But the afterlife is different, souls are taken to a place called the soul society, and you see the soul society is where souls spend some time before reincarnating. But the issue is that there has to be a balance between the amount of souls between the worlds, imagine it like a scale, if to many souls are here in the living world compared to the soul society things go out of control and vice versa."

Shida then pauses to make sure this is going through before continuing "So there has to be a control on how fast we send souls over. Yes hollows are bad and we do take care of them asap but if we went around sending every soul to the soul society it will cause chaos. The other big issue is that your killing hollows. See when a hollow is killed by someone who isn't a shinigami it puts their soul to rest temporally, which means they will return and their souls stay here in the living world, plus the longer a hollow stick around in the living world the stronger they get."

Shida could still sense a menacing pressure coming from this man, it doesn't seem like anything is getting through. He gives a heavy sigh "fine if you don't believe me then I'll fight ya, I've always believed a persons intentions come out for real during a fight." Shida then readies himself for a fight.

Int:
zQsOk34A1d1001d100

PLAYER

Aiutati che Dio t’aiuta

nicholas Avatar

nicholas

Post by nicholas on Aug 15, 2020 0:58:32 GMT -5

Yet more terms to throw around, and it was something as ridiculous as Fullbringer? Well, at least that makes it that much easier to feel skeptical of what they've revealed to him. There was also that Soul Society being just like western ideologies while being a completely different thing made it all that much more ridiculous. To be honest Nicholas did not really care what faith was true, or if any even were in the first place. He was willing to abandon any and all preconceptions if it led him to the truth of the Hollows, but he was also not going to accept the words of the first individual that spouts off at him.

There was an interesting idea proposed to him that he would think on, though. The balance of the world needing to be maintained had not been considered by Nicholas before. If these beings truly were otherworldly in nature what effect was he having on this balance? Given the years that he's performed his duties, it surely can't be much. Somebody or something would stop him if that were the case, right?

Finally, the opposing man would concede that this would end in a fight, readying themselves in preparation. Nicholas, on the other hand, would not appear to do such, instead bringing forth the small book from before once again, opening it up to a random page and looking down at its pages. "Ahh, Bloody Mary. A simple tale to scare children, and yet it would also tempt them to try out exactly what they were told not to do. It's hard to resist indulging in the taboo when you're directly told not to, isn't it?"

Gazing back up to the man, his eyebrows raising slightly, he continues, "If I truly am a potentially dangerous factor in this ridiculous balance, what would happen if I eliminated you? If I bested the grim reaper, would people still pass away, I wonder?"

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 16, 2020 0:12:44 GMT -5

Shida listened to the young man and was left confused. "Did he just recite poetry at me?" he said in his head. The man then asks what would happen if he eliminated shida, "Well, there are more then just me. I'm just a lower ranking member of my group there are thirteen groups each with a captain and vice captain far stronger then me. So if you do kill me then nothing will change, except you'd be marked as a shinigami slayer which means those captains and vice captains might come after you. Your choice." Shida laughs a little before returning to his fighting stance.

"But that doesn't mean i'm gonna let you kill me. Your gonna have to try hard." Shida then says "Bakudo #44: Sekisho" his body then glows for a bit creating a barrier around his body, then rushes the young man, Striking with an open palm aimed for his face. Then shida follows up with a jumping kick for the chest, keeping it simple and not to fancy. Shida then backs up reading himself for any counter attacks. "By the way, I never got your name might make things a little easier for me to know who I'm fighting?"

BATTLE TRACKER
SUMMARY

Bonus Action: Bakudo #44 - gain 20 armor | -15 reishi cost

At-Will:

Standard Action: strike - Effects | -0 reishi cost
Acc - Nxro2Y3m1d100+20
Dmg - 1d8

Acc -
1d100+20
Dmg - 1d8

At-Will:

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Armor 20/20

SPECIALIZATION Fighter
Flawless Strikes - increase basic attack acc by 5 and dmg die by 1 after a successful strike for all
future basic attacks. Bonus is lost if i fail to hit the target.

Intense Training - start with tsukiyubi, nadegiri, and hozuri. These do not take a slot.

TRAITS

ATTACK TECHNIQUES

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS
Bakudo #44 sekisho - 0/1 15 reishi
Utsusemi - 1/1 10 reishi
Bakudo #11 Tsuzuri Raiden - 1/1 10 reishi
Tsukiyubi - 2/2 10 reishi
Nadegiri - 2/2 10 reishi
Hozuri - 3/3 0 reishi
RELEASE TECHNIQUES
Hinder - 1/1 20 reishi
Resentful effect

CURRENT RL: 10,000
HP: 70/70 | REISHI: 85/100 | DEF: 50 | DMG DIE: d8 | ACC: +20
1d100+20·1d8·1d100+20·1d8

PLAYER

Aiutati che Dio t’aiuta

nicholas Avatar

nicholas

Post by nicholas on Aug 16, 2020 15:34:42 GMT -5

So, these Shinigami followed a hierarchy and this person was not even one of the more powerful individuals in this collection of people. If this was the case then fighting this person could serve to give him a good frame of reference for the capabilities that they have. Invaluable information if he happens to come across more of them, then.

As the fight kicks off, the opponent leads off with some bizarre phrase before suddenly being enveloped by some sort of transparent energy field, likely a protective measure of some kind. Following up on this, they lurch towards Nicholas, thrusting a palm out at their head which he quickly sidesteps, the wind rushing past his ears from his narrow dodge, which is then followed up with a vicious kick towards his torso, sending him slamming back into the wall of the alleyway. His book tumbles to the ground as he recoils from the pain. Whatever this guy was, he was far more powerful than a regular Human, especially for his frame. Very dangerous for a normal Human like Nicholas to fight as it was.

Holding a hand over his chest, rubbing the spot he got hit as he catches his breath to take this brief moment to formulate his best course of action. Then he would glare at the Shinigami, stooping down to pick his book back up as he does so. "Well, I guess I underestimated you a bit. You have that same level of monstrous strength that those Hollows have, and yet you actually the intelligence to use it. A very dangerous combination indeed."

Opening up his book once again, holding it wide open with one hand he places his other hand on the pages, a glowing light slowly growing as he maintains his contact with it. "I suppose we're the same in that regard, but I feel as though I hold the edge there, as well."

Finally, the light would explode out, fully enveloping him before quickly fading away, leaving Nicholas garbed in a new outfit. "As for my name, I am Nicholas Landolfi. I hope my superiority is not too intimidating for you." Without any further hesitation, he would shoot forward, his fist pistoning out towards the man's gut with a haymaker following right afterwards towards their dome.

BATTLE TRACKER

Action Summary:

Shida's Strike #1 misses

Shida's Strike #2 hits and deals 3 dmg

BA: Incomplete Fullbring (Deadly)

AW: Tsukiyubi | 10 Reishi

SA: Gut Punch (Strike)

Acc: pmFRVcik1d100+50

Dmg: 1d12+3

Acc: 1d100+50

Dmg: 1d12+3

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Prepared: Utsusemi, Bakudo #39, & Tsukiyubi gain 1 extra usage
Incomplete Fullbring | 4 Reishi
Edge 2: 2 DR | +2 Dmg | +10 Accuracy | +10 Defense

CLASS - STRATEGIST
Prepared - At the start of each thread you select 3 standard techniques or spells to gain one additional use for that thread.
Think Fast - Twice per thread you may use a standard defensive technique or spell as if it was a reactive at-will action. (2/2)

TRAITS
N/A

RELEASES
Incomplete Fullbring (R1 | Deadly): Strikes get +5 to hit | 2x RL | Bonus Action | 4 Reishi per turn

RELEASE TECHS
Bastion: As a bonus action you conjure a barrier with 15 hp. The user can attack through it with basic attacks and it has 5 DR against Advanced or Release attacks that cannot be negated | 10 Reishi | (1/1)

ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
N/A

STANDARD TECHNIQUES
Utsusemi: As a bonus action you avoid 2 non-critical attacks. Considered a movement power | 10 Reishi | (2/2)
Bakudō #39: Enkōsen: As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks (even critical hits) | 10 Reishi | (3/3)
Tsukiyubi: As an at-will action all of your basic attacks this turn gain +20 accuracy and +2 to their Dmg tier | 10 Reishi | (2/3)

CURRENT RL: 20,000
HP: 47/50 | REISHI: 86/100 | ARMOR: 0 | DEF: 60 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +30 |
Tags:
1d100+50·1d12+3·1d100+50·1d12+3
Last Edit: Aug 16, 2020 18:31:01 GMT -5 by nicholas

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 17, 2020 1:56:34 GMT -5

Shida was surprised by the fact Nicholas could unleash his power like that. Before he could reach Nicholas charged forward and struck him in the gut, followed by a fist toward the face. Shida took both attacks on the chin and stood his ground, if it wasn't for the barrier he surrounded himself that strike probably would of broke his jaw.

Shida laughed a bit "you keep surprising me. You know nothing about fullbringers, spirits, or shinigami. Yet you can unleash your powers and have enough strength to kill lower class hollows. Guess i don't need to hold back, you've definitely got the capability to take a strike from me at full power." Shida then drew his sword and said "Awaken o guardian of steel, Dankotaru, show your resolve." Once he finished this phrase his sword burst into light and wrapped around his hands transforming into a pair of steel gauntlets with blades attached.

Shida then says "Bakudo #11 Tsuzuri Raiden" and his body became covered in electricity "alright lets go, no more holding back and no more bullcrap. Lets see what you can do" Shida then rushed forward fainting a elbow strike into a spin kick toward the legs.

BATTLE TRACKER
SUMMARY

Enemy Attack #1: Name - 90 acc vs 50 def - 4 dmg dealt 
Enemy Attack #2: Name - 51 acc vs 50 def - 9 dmg dealt 
13 dmg total reduced to 0 dmg through armor

Bonus Action: Release 1 - resentful effect active | -4 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Bakudo #11 -  enemy takes 1 dmg per dmg dice for 3 turns| -10 reishi cost

At-Will:

Acc - 7nN|MBfZ1d100+25
Dmg - 1d10

At-Will:

ACTIVE EFFECTS
armor 7/20

resentful - enemy takes 1 status dmg each time they hit me

Flawless strikes - stacks 1, acc +5, dmg die 1

SPECIALIZATION Fighter
Flawless Strikes - increase basic attack acc by 5 and dmg die by 1 after a successful strike for all

Intense Training - start with tsukiyubi, nadegiri, and hozuri. These do not take a slot.

TRAITS

ATTACK TECHNIQUES

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS
Utsusemi - 1/1 10 reishi
Bakudo #11 Tsuzuri Raiden - 0/1 10 reishi
Tsukiyubi - 2/2 10 reishi
Nadegiri - 2/2 10 reishi
Hozuri - 3/3 0 reishi
RELEASE TECHNIQUES
Hinder - 1/1 20 reishi
Resentful effect

CURRENT RL: 20,000
HP: 70/70 | REISHI: 71/100 | DEF: 50 | DMG DIE: d8 | ACC: +20
1d100+25·1d10
Last Edit: Aug 17, 2020 1:57:48 GMT -5 by shida hagane

PLAYER

Aiutati che Dio t’aiuta

nicholas Avatar

nicholas

Post by nicholas on Aug 17, 2020 23:02:16 GMT -5

Today was just a bundle of surprises, it seemed. One moment Nicholas was confident that he could defeat the shinigami, then the next they're pulling out a similar enhancement to their strength as his own. As they retaliated back, feinting a strike before pivoting on their heel before trying to sweep out his legs from underneath him. Leaping upwards just as their attack came, Nicholas could feel the raw power behind the blow as it blew past him. Perhaps even as much force as he wields.

Landing back down softly, he hops further into the alley to put some room between the pair. "Well, this is interesting. So you had a hidden power as well, then? Very interesting indeed. Is this something unique to you shinigami?" While his expression had not changed much at all during the entirety of their exchanges, one could see more of a curious glint to Nicholas' eyes as he asked. While he was dedicated to learning more about the hollows, it was equally as interesting to him that this other supernatural being had odd capabilities such as this.

The fight itself still was his priority, though, so a moment after asking he'd dash forwards, a fist rising up to smash into the opponent's chin. Then, keeping up with his forward momentum, he'd try to bring his other arm up to grasp their shoulder and try to pull them downwards towards his knee, aiming to knock the air out of him.

BATTLE TRACKER

Turn Summary:

Nicholas loses Edge 2

BA: Sidestep to avoid Shida's strike | 4 Reishi

SA: Uppercut (Strike)

Acc: qXkIzfEx1d100+25

Dmg: 1d10

Acc: 1d100+25

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS - STRATEGIST
Prepared - At the start of each thread you select 3 standard techniques or spells to gain one additional use for that thread.
Think Fast - Twice per thread you may use a standard defensive technique or spell as if it was a reactive at-will action. (2/2)

TRAITS
N/A

RELEASES
Incomplete Fullbring (R1 | Deadly): Strikes get +5 to hit | 2x RL | Bonus Action | 4 Reishi per turn

RELEASE TECHS
Bastion: As a bonus action you conjure a barrier with 15 hp. The user can attack through it with basic attacks and it has 5 DR against Advanced or Release attacks that cannot be negated | 10 Reishi | (1/1)

ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
N/A

STANDARD TECHNIQUES
Utsusemi: As a bonus action you avoid 2 non-critical attacks. Considered a movement power | 10 Reishi | (2/2)
Bakudō #39: Enkōsen: As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks (even critical hits) | 10 Reishi | (3/3)
Tsukiyubi: As an at-will action all of your basic attacks this turn gain +20 accuracy and +2 to their Dmg tier | 10 Reishi | (2/3)

HP: 47/50 | REISHI: 78/100 | ARMOR: 0 | DEF: 60 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +20 |
Tags:
1d100+25·1d10·1d100+25·1d10
Last Edit: Aug 19, 2020 14:07:34 GMT -5 by nicholas

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 18, 2020 2:08:54 GMT -5

Shida retook his stance after Nicholas jumped away. Nicholas then asked about shinigami's powers, Shida stood straight kinda taken aback from him talking to him during a fight "uh, well. It makes sense you don't know much about shinigami. That sword you saw earlier is called a zanpakuto, each soul reaper carries their zanpakuto with them at all times, but that isn't its true form. Each shinigami's zanpakuto has a unique form which is unleashed through our first release called a shikia, which is then followed by its final form called a bankai. I don't have my bankai unlocked yet but these gauntlets are my shikai, each shikai is unique and have access to a unique technique only that shinigami has access to. This technique can be an attack they must say its name to unleash or a passive ability, some shinigami even have both. Though i'm not gonna tell you mine until you see it, cant show all my cards."

Nicholas then runs forward and attacks, Shida dodged the first attack with simple duck, but the second strike to the chest broke his barrier. Which was ok with Shida as the electricity that surrounded his body began to shock Nicholas. Shida then jumped back smiling "well guess my cards are on the table now. That pain you felt from attacking me was my shikai's unique ability, simply called pain flare. Each time I am attacked by a sword or fist my shikai turns some of the pain I take back to my opponent, its not a large amount but it makes people second guess and hold back, but i can enhance it with that one spell I had cast earlier which is why you felt a shock on top of the normal pain."

Shida then retook a fighting stance and charged his gauntlets with energy "hindrance!" he yelled before launching forward with a full power straight punch to Nicholas's chest and followed up with a jumping axe kick.

BATTLE TRACKER
SUMMARY

Enemy Attack #1: strike - 31 acc vs 50 def - miss
Enemy Attack #2: strike - 60 acc vs 50 def - 10 dmg dealt
10 dmg total reduced to 3 with 7 armor/ armor broken

Bonus Action: Hinder - hinder status effect 1wMu3dAD1d100 60% chance| -20 reishi cost

At-Will: Tsukiyubi - increase 2 strike acc by 20 and dmg teir +2 - 10 reishi cost

Acc - 1d100+40
Dmg - 1d12

Standard Action: strike - Effects | -0 reishi cost

Acc -
1d100+40
Dmg - 1d12

At-Will:

ACTIVE EFFECTS

SPECIALIZATION Fighter

TRAITS

ATTACK TECHNIQUES

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS
Utsusemi - 1/1 10 reishi
Tsukiyubi - 1/2 10 reishi
Nadegiri - 2/2 10 reishi
Hozuri - 3/3 0 reishi
RELEASE TECHNIQUES
Hinder - 0/1 20 reishi
Resentful effect

HP: 67/70 | REISHI: 41/100 | DEF: 50 | DMG DIE: d8 | ACC: +20
100·1d100+40·1d12·1d100+40·1d12
Last Edit: Aug 18, 2020 2:13:56 GMT -5 by shida hagane

PLAYER

Aiutati che Dio t’aiuta

nicholas Avatar

nicholas

Post by nicholas on Aug 19, 2020 16:50:26 GMT -5

Nicholas would raise an eyebrow at the explanation of the transforming weapons that the Shinigami wield, the news being just as outlandish and out there as their previous claims. Only difference here is that he's personally witnessing the proof of it. What was once a sword worn at their side had morphed into the gauntlets that they now wore, granting them power on Nicholas' level. It was still not enough to make him give the rest of his story any credence, but perhaps there was some truth to it or there was some other factors at work that he hasn't recognized yet. Perhaps more could be revealed over the course of this battle?

With his fist soaring barely past the opponent, Nicholas quickly shifted his stance to deliver a crushing knee strike to their torso, breaking straight through that barrier they had formed. When making contact, though, he'd feel a jolt run through his body. Retreating back at the same time as the shinigami, Nicholas gazes down at his knee, smoke billowing from what he struck them.

This was quickly explained as the ability of that shikai of their's, harming those that would make contact with them. It wasn't too damaging, the pain from it already beginning to slowly fade to a dull sensation. Still, he did get hurt just by touching them. Between dealing with that and their actual attacks this has rapidly become much more than he could have anticipated.

The complications didn't end there, either, with them mustering more strange words as they came in to attack Nicholas. Rather than another barrier, though, Nicholas instead find his body's movements feel sluggish. When trying to dodge out of the way of the incoming blow to his stomach, rather than easily dodging back from the move his body just felt like he was submerged in water. He could barely start to step back as the fist smashed into him and barely could roll to the side to get out of the way of the axe kick.

Now understanding that some spell had been put on him, Nicholas formulated a counterattack. Acting immediately, rather than slowly rising up from the ground in this state, he'd bring a hand to the ground and flick at it, the raw force of it being enough to splinter the concrete around the impact and send him flying foot-first at the Shinigami, aiming to smash his heel into their jaw as he flew past. Smashing against the wall on the other side of them, Nicholas barely manages to catch himself on a nearby trashcan, holding himself upright with it as he starts to feel his autonomy return to his body.

"A very tricksy opponent indeed. I didn't anticipate such a dirty fight, though that is my own fault." With full feeling returning to his body, he pushes away from the garbage to start pacing around them. "Still, I feel as though you are still hiding something from me. There's no way this can be all you can manage, right?"

BATTLE TRACKER

Action Summary:

Take 4 dmg from Resentful & Bakudo #11

Shida's Strike #1 hits and deals 5 dmg

BA: Sidestep to avoid Shida's strike #2 | -8 Reishi

2 SA: Flying Kick (Strike)

Acc: kyRijQyK1d100+25

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Hindered: HP/Reishi cost for bonus actions is doubled. Standard actions take 2 standard actions. (1/1 turn)

CLASS - STRATEGIST

TRAITS
N/A

RELEASES

RELEASE TECHS

ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
N/A

STANDARD TECHNIQUES

HP: 38/50 | REISHI: 66/100 | ARMOR: 0 | DEF: 60 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +20 |
Tags:
1d100+25·1d10
Last Edit: Aug 23, 2020 23:25:17 GMT -5 by nicholas

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 22, 2020 13:23:44 GMT -5

Shida was surprised by Nicholas again, he could move and react even when he's under effect of his hinder spell. Nicholas then used the ground to spring his foot as fast as he could toward Shida's face. Shida took the full brunt of the force and was knocked back on his ass. Shida quickly got up and rubbed his jaw, "nicely done." He said to Nicholas. 

Nicholas then said that Shida was a tricky opponent who fights dirty, followed by calling him out about hiding something. "Well sorry about the tricks and the dirty fighting but we shinigami are trained to fight hollows, not humans. As for hiding something, well your half right, see we are trained in basic spells called Kido. That Hinder ability you saw was a form of kido that works like a technique, however its super advanced and costs alot of energy so i cant use it much without resting between each use. But thats really it when it comes to kido i know basic spells all shinigami are taught when we start training, but thats really it, nothing fancy, nothing super advanced beyond hinder. Plus i'm much more focused on fighting with my fists or my gauntlets, thats just how i fight. So what i'm saying is the fancy crap you've seen is what you get, everything else i do is just me fighting with my weapons and fists."

Shida then returns to his stance and rushes foward striking with his elbow and then back-swinging with the blades on his gauntlets aiming to cut Nicholas. He then follows that attack with a palm strike to Nicholas's chest. Shida then prepares for any counter attacks

BATTLE TRACKER
SUMMARY

Enemy Attack #1: strike - 62 acc vs 50 def - 8 dmg dealt

Bonus Action: Nadegiri - wound 80% 5lyJC4u41d100 | -10 reishi cost

At-Will: Tsukiyubi - strike gain +20 acc and +2 dmg tier

Acc - 1d100+45
Dmg - 1d12+1

Acc - 1d100+45
Dmg - 1d12+1

At-Will: Hozuri - cause 2 status dmg to opponent for each status and special status they had last turn

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Flawless strikes - 1 stack (+5 acc, +1 dmg dice tier to strikes)
Shikia - 4 reishi
SPECIALIZATION Fighter

TRAITS

ATTACK TECHNIQUES

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS
Utsusemi - 1/1 10 reishi
Tsukiyubi - 0/2 10 reishi
Nadegiri - 1/2 10 reishi
Hozuri - 2/3 0 reishi
RELEASE TECHNIQUES
Hinder - 0/1 20 reishi
Resentful effect

HP: 59/70 | REISHI: 17/100 | DEF: 50 | DMG DIE: d8 | ACC: +20

1d100·1d100+45·1d12+1·1d100+45·1d12+1
Last Edit: Aug 22, 2020 14:24:39 GMT -5 by shida hagane

PLAYER

Aiutati che Dio t’aiuta

nicholas Avatar

nicholas

Post by nicholas on Aug 24, 2020 0:27:37 GMT -5

So this was as much as he could expect. There was no more for him to really try to learn from the Shinigami, so was it even worth it to continue fighting? They could be lying, of course, so it probably was but if they do have anymore tricks, was it worth it to learn? Even if he can win, he still might end up needing to go to the hospital. Was the risk worth it for him? A difficult question, really.

Disrupting Nicholas' encirclement of him, the opponent lurched out with an elbow, which he attempts to catch in his hand. Instead of just simply getting a grasp on it and suddenly taking control over his opponent's movements, though, he'd feel his bones rattle from the force behind the simple attack. Before he could even react to his arm nearly getting completely shattered by the strength of the attack, he'd feel a barrier of purple-ish energy erupt around his arm, dispersing the damage of the attack.

That wasn't the end of it, though, as the opponent's arm would swing back, raking their serrated blades painfully against his chest. Stumbling back, clutching at the wound, Nicholas could only tense up as a followup strike came, the barrier he formed now growing to envelop his body further and clash back against the Shinigami's palm, again dampening the crushing force behind their strikes. Sent flying back, his feet skidding across the ground as he remains standing, he eventually smashes his hand into the nearby wall, tearing into the bricks as he stops himself.

Standing now with the barrier forming a bubble around the bleeding Human, Nicholas briefly furrows his brows in thought as he considers his next move. This fight has been quite the reminder of just how easily he can die at the hands of the nightmares he combats. Even though he was incredibly strong, that didn't mean he was also more durable than a normal person. Indeed, without his special powers even his planning and reactivity can still fail him.

"Ghk, alright, that was rather close. Still not used to fighting people at your calibur."

With wounds just barely too shallow to put him out of commission, a completely numb right arm, and fully enveloped by his last resort, his personal barrier, things weren't as good as he'd like, and yet Nicholas still held a calm composure. Shaking his legs to get some of the feeling of numbness out of them, he winds up and without hesitation charges back in.

As he runs forwards, Nicholas brings his left arm back, cocked and ready to piston out as soon as he gets in range to land a hit. He was just a fraction of a second away now from throwing out this devastating charge...and yet, he'd instead jump up at the very last moment, his right hand pointing down towards the Shinigami serving as the briefest of warnings before electricity would surge out, smashing down upon their position with explosive force, the sound of it setting off the alarms off all of the cars in the nearby area.

Landing right behind the man, Nicholas quickly turns about, standing ready for what's to come next. Even this special move of his surely wouldn't be enough to bring them down and he was not going to be caught off guard again.

BATTLE TRACKER

Action Summary:

Take 2 dmg from Resentful & Bakudo #11

AW: Think Fast - Bakudo #39: Enkosen | -10 Reishi

Shida's Strike #1 hits and deals 12 / 2 = 6 dmg

Shida's Strike #2 hits and deals 12 / 2 = 6 dmg

Shida's Nadegiri inflicts 1 stack of wound

Shida's Hozuri deals 2 dmg

BA: Bastion | 10 Reishi

SA: Lightning Spell (Hado #4: Byakurai) | 2 Reishi

Acc: LA8iSRoF1d100+20

Dmg: 2d10

SA: Lightning Spell (Hado #4: Byakurai) | 2 Reishi

Acc: 1d100+20

Dmg: 2d10

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bastion: User can attack through with basic attacks. (15/15 HP)
Wounded: -3 hp per turn (1/2 turns)

CLASS - STRATEGIST
Think Fast - Twice per thread you may use a standard defensive technique or spell as if it was a reactive at-will action. (1/2)

TRAITS
N/A

RELEASES

RELEASE TECHS

ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
N/A

STANDARD TECHNIQUES
Bakudō #39: Enkōsen: As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks (even critical hits) | 10 Reishi | (2/3)

HP: 19/50 | REISHI: 38/100 | ARMOR: 0 | DEF: 60 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +20 |
Tags:
1d100+20·2d10·1d100+20·2d10

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Aug 31, 2020 0:06:42 GMT -5

Shida stood there in his fighting stance waiting for his opponents attack, only for Nicholas to jump up and launch a large energy blast that enveloped Shida and burning the ground around him. Once the smoke cleared Shida still stood there his clothes burning and smoking, half his uniform shirt was burned off. Shida turned around to look at Nicholas "Not a bad attack why did you use that before?" Shida then rips off the rest of his shirt showing his chest and his decent amount scars that covered his arms. He then releases more energy to force the smoke to completely clear out

"You a good fighter, hopefully a scar shows up from your attack. See these scars are a tapestry of my battles, i only let a person put a scar on me if i respect them, if i don't i get healed as soon as possible so it doesn't form a scar. Though unfortunately alot of these scars come myself due to me mastering my fighting style through as many practice fights as possible. I'd be willing to explain more after we finish fighting."

Shida then rushes Nicholas trying to finish this fight going for a stomach punch and an elbow to the face.

BATTLE TRACKER
SUMMARY

Enemy Attack #1: Name - 29 acc vs 50 def - miss.

Enemy Attack #2: Name - 89 acc vs 50 def - 8 dmg dealt

Bonus Action: intimidate - +25 reishi and increase RL by 15% | -0 reishi cost

At-Will: hozuri - deal 2 status dmg per status effecting the enemy

Acc - |uU6wa|b1d100+35
Dmg - 1d12+1

Acc -
1d100+35
Dmg -
1d12+1

At-Will:

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bakudo #11 ended
shikia - 4 reishi
Flawless strike 3 stacks - +15 acc and +3 dmg die

SPECIALIZATION Fighter

TRAITS

ATTACK TECHNIQUES

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS
Utsusemi - 0/1 10 reishi
Tsukiyubi - 0/2 10 reishi
Nadegiri - 1/2 10 reishi
Hozuri - 1/3 0 reishi
RELEASE TECHNIQUES
Hinder - 0/1 20 reishi
Resentful effect